TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I said about power,not about rank.As i remember,serpets shows respect only to Cordia.In underworld power means everythink.Without it people will look down.
He is the first born, who do you think trained him from day one ? I would not bet against Antonio vs any Serpent. And you don't know who the Serpents respect or not, since we don't have any 1 on 1 interactions without Cordia.

Reactions: whichone

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
He is above the rank of Serpent.

Code:
                                      Don/Donna

Consigliere       Capo Bastone

Serpents

Wilfred's Division        Capo

Elite

Soldato

Associate

Antonio is the Capo Bastone, heir to Cordia and the Number 2 in the Family.
Needs a red arrow "You are here", as in the map of some shopping mall ;)

He is the first born, who do you think trained him from day one ? I would not bet against Antonio vs any Serpent. And you don't know who the Serpents respect or not, since we don't have any 1 on 1 interactions without Cordia.
While I wouldn't know that, I'd argue that "power" is more than raw physical power and winning in a fight. Otherwise sooner or later some brute with no strategic competence would rise to the top and the family fall into chaos. Also, this is no Klingon starship - you might beat the rank above you, but people at the top won't necessarily accept this.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Needs a red arrow "You are here", as in the map of some shopping mall ;)

While I wouldn't know that, I'd argue that "power" is more than raw physical power and winning in a fight. Otherwise sooner or later some brute with no strategic competence would rise to the top and the family fall into chaos. Also, this is no Klingon starship - you might beat the rank above you, but people at the top won't necessarily accept this.
There is something very odd about the Serpent rank anyway. I think there always have to 4, not 3, not 5.

After the mission with Gracie and Luna when they get attacked and the MC meets Gottardo for the first time, he says :

Gottardo : "I need to be careful, eh? Seems like someone going for a spot in the Four Serpents!"

So if there always have to be 4, there is no "magical" skill level one has to reach, it's simply the best 4 in the family. And Gottardo all but admitted that he doesn't stand a chance against the Serpent, so even among them is a considerate gap in skill.

Serpent probably means : CRAZY good :D

MonkeyLord

Apr 29, 2017
Uh, so all of the saves I made in 0.9.6 load into the middle of Free Roaming Lucania for some weird reason. Any idea why? I mean, I don't mind replaying but it's annoying, especially since I can't use save slots for sex scenes.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I haven't made a single assumption.
I asked a question, because I obviously did not know the answer.
The answer to your first question is clearly written in the post you replied to.
Try reading, it helps.

Stop getting angry, just because you were categorically proven wrong by official source.
The game is not set in the US. It is set in a fictional place, based on Italy.
Deal with it.
Sorry dude. I was drunk and angry cause my ex is reneging on our deal about how I get to spend time with my daughter and I took it out on you.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Sorry dude. I was drunk and angry cause my ex is reneging on our deal about how I get to spend time with my daughter and I took it out on you.
Best of luck brother !!! As a father of two, that sounds about as bad as it gets, so I'm rooting for you to find a good compromise !

Reactions: Stephanie98

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Sorry to hear that. I've retracted my snarky response. Take care of yourself.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
There is something very odd about the Serpent rank anyway. I think there always have to 4, not 3, not 5.

After the mission with Gracie and Luna when they get attacked and the MC meets Gottardo for the first time, he says :

Gottardo : "I need to be careful, eh? Seems like someone going for a spot in the Four Serpents!"

So if there always have to be 4, there is no "magical" skill level one has to reach, it's simply the best 4 in the family. And Gottardo all but admitted that he doesn't stand a chance against the Serpent, so even among them is a considerate gap in skill.

To be a Serpent, you can't just be one of the four best. You also have to come up with a Batman Villain level schtick.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Best of luck brother !!! As a father of two, that sounds about as bad as it gets, so I'm rooting for you to find a good compromise !
Sorry to hear that. I've retracted my snarky response. Take care of yourself.
Sorry guys, sounds worse than it is, she's been good about my weekly time with my daughter. I get tuesdays, thursdays and every other friday 4-8 and sundays 1-8. Just we agreed on occasional overnights when she didn't have to live up to it because my room was occupied by a buddy if mine cause I sleep on the couch and he needed a place to crash. But now he's working down south so the bed is empty and I want my ex to live up to our agreement and she's being a cunt about it. But I was real angry about it.

ver2go

May 15, 2023
As far as I remember, you can't save in the middle of a Contract.
Which is what "Exploring Lucania" effectively is.
e.g. You can't save in the middle of "The Delivery Boy", I think any progress you make is only registered when the Contract is completed.

If you want to make a save, during "Exploring Lucania", I think you'll need to select "Leave".
This should save your current progress in the mission, at the point of leaving.
You can also then make a manual save, once you're out of the Contract & back to the main game.
You can always go back in, by talking to Wilfred and selecting "Events".

TDL Fan Art
thanks, never knew such a thread was at F95, usually you find these at deviantart or imgur

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that man.
Don't worry about me - I would much prefer you get the frustration out of your system here, than with your ex.
That wouldn't help anyone. Most of all, your child.
Thank you for apologising, I'm sorry if I antagonised you.

I hope things get resolved in a manner which allows you to see your daughter. (y)
it's important for her, too.
I said about power,not about rank.As i remember,serpets shows respect only to Cordia.In underworld power means everythink.Without it people will look down.
To be fair, I think "power" in this structrue comes from "rank".
As in, the higher your rank, the greater your power.
lol Agreed, I refer you back to our previous convo, where I gave the analogy of Special Forces.
e.g. Serpents are SAS & other Families have GIS\SEALS\Le Commando Hubert\GIGN\KSK\Spetznaz, or JW GROM. Take your pick.
I guess from reading that article that what is meant is that the 16% that have never left their state also never left the country (obviously), so bumping that number up. I. e. 16% never left their state or the country, 14% left the state but not the country. All in all then 30% never left the country.
I was thinking that the 16%, who've never left their home State, includes the 14% who've never left the country.
Not sure they're added together, for 30%. :unsure:

Does seem that it should be the other way around, though, as jaw1986baby pointed out.
One who's never left their State has, of course, never left their country.
Whereas one who has left their home State, may still have not left the country.
Country % should be, at least, equal to State %.

16% matches the headline of "1 in 6 Americans have never left their State".
14% is 1/7.
Maybe Martha Stewart got her numbers transposed? lol

To be fair, the survey was only 2k people, so it's not an accurate representation for 330+M people.
Same as a few ex-pats do not represent the whole of Italy.
Depends where those people were from, too.
If they're from affluent areas, then it could well be higher, nationwide.
Conversely, if they're from areas with high poverty, then it could well be lower, nationwide.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
To be fair, the survey was only 2k people, so it's not an accurate representation for 330+M people.
Actually, if the sample is selected properly, ideally completely randomly, and the questions do not allow for too many options, sample size does not matter that much anymore. And as counterintuitive as it may seem, the number of actual people doesn't matter anymore at all beyond a certain threshold. A 2k people sample will be just as accurate for, say, 2 million Slovenes as it would be for 1.4 billion Chinese. A 2k sample size is already pretty good - again in the theoretical best case of a proper sampling method, the error will usually not exceed 1 percentage point.

Edit: math was off, corrected.

Last edited:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Actually, if the sample is selected properly, ideally completely randomly, and the questions do not allow for too many options, sample size does not matter that much anymore. And as counterintuitive as it may seem, the number of actual people doesn't matter anymore at all beyond a certain threshold. A 2k people sample will be just as accurate for, say, 2 million Slovenes as it would be for 1.4 billion Chinese. A 2k sample size is already pretty good - again in the theoretical best case of a proper sampling method, the error will usually not exceed 0.5 percentage points.
Had a thought:

Based on Giocabbe saying that, during the war, she was "an unknown, fighting the 5 Families" (credit TimHawk), it seems clear that Cordia was not a known member of any Family, at the time of the war.
We also know that the other 3 Serpents subsequently left.

So it stands to reason that The DeLuca Family only came into existence, after the war.

The only part that's not clear, is whether the other 3 Serpents had already left.
As the Family name is hers, I'd guess that they had.
If the other 3 were still there, then they'd all have had equal claim for their name being used as the Family's.
If she was the only one left, then her name being used is unchallenged.
Pew Research which is well respected for data and polls

Says as of 2021 August 27% of US Americans have never left their home country

Did not mention home state but I am happy to see it larger than the 16% from your source.

;)

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Pew Research which is well respected for data and polls

Says as of 2021 August 27% of US Americans have never left their home country

Did not mention home state but I am happy to see it larger than the 16% from your source.

;)
Blimey! That makes Cartageno's suggestion of 30% closer to the mark!

I shouldn't be surprised, though.
When you consider that their country (9.8M sq m) is a similar size to Europe (10.2M sq m), going to a neighbouring State is similar to me travelling from London, to France.
Paris is 330 miles away.
Texas is circa 770 miles wide.

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Had a thought:

Based on Giocabbe saying that, during the war, she was "an unknown, fighting the 5 Families" (credit TimHawk), it seems clear that Cordia was not a known member of any Family, at the time of the war.

So it stands to reason that The DeLuca Family only came into existence, after the war.

The only part that's not clear, is whether the other 3 Serpents had already left.
If the other 3 were still there, then they'd all have had equal claim for their name being used as the Family's.
Nice one !

Still busy with work, so I can't even check myself, so please check the second Elektra interaction, there should be two choices, "red" and "Deluca", the "Deluca" one, at least I think so, is where Elektra states that all four OG Serpents took on the Deluca last name.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Nice one !

Still busy with work, so I can't even check myself, so please check the second Elektra interaction, there should be two choices, "red" and "Deluca", the "Deluca" one, at least I think so, is where Elektra states that all four OG Serpents took on the Deluca last name.
Ah, OK, so their betrayal (as Giocabbe says) sounds like it came after the Family was formed.
As we know Dante left, I wonder whether him doing so was considered him betraying her.

As in, they all betrayed her, but differently.
Dante by leaving.
Rina by whatever she did to get exiled.
Burned out Serpent (who was seemingly in a relationship with Cordia, in the photo) either cheating with Rina, or manipulating Rina into her betrayal.

Reactions: TimHawk

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Had a thought:

Having read and gone through Hopes lore section, I can say with certainty that all of those assumptions will be answered with that content.
Some of the assumptions that people have been putting out may be correct (even surprisingly on point heh), some may not be correct.
Won't go into more detail than that, cause........spoilers. :HideThePain:

What I can reveal is,

the Lore section will contain; from the draft I've seen from Hopes, though I guess he can decide to add more entries if he wants-

- 15 Families (this includes the Big Five, both past and present) entries + 1 Pacificatori entry, which chronicles their history

as well as;

2 Historical events, one which is a pre-Big War time period named "Grande Caos", and of course the other time period being "The Big War"

• Thinking Face
  • Wow
Reactions: c3p0 and Ayhsel

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Ohh great chaos, right?

So Hopes has finally decided to include me in the novel. About time, I would say!

Let's see if we finally get dragons too!!

What? I am a certified supervillain, I can be as self-centered as I want!
You're basically there in every timeline, so I can certainly picture this with you :KEK:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and Ayhsel
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes