Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
It does not. They couldn't find the bug so they killed it and turned it into a vn section.
Thanks for clearing up my doubts.

edit: Seeing Canoley up close so much in the scenes with MC and Gracie during "I Don't Smoke", the feeling he might be somehow related to Erardo Profaci intensifies. :unsure:

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
It does not. They couldn't find the bug so they killed it and turned it into a vn section.
I mean...... I wouldn't say "killed it" is entirely correct.
More like temporarily put on ice.
This is what Hopes said in the game's Steam website announcements;

Snap 2024-05-27 at 07.06.12.png

Also, Lucania is one of the biggest maps Contracts gameplay system as well as one (okay, at least one of few lol) which I'm guessing will have the most activities/content in it (for those who haven't played/seen it yet due to just playing the game with the Steam version, here's what it looks like).

Lucania Map.png

Basically, all the white spaces are empty spaces, and Hopes did say before that a lot of those empty spaces will get filled up as new content gets added.
Hence, I think it's in one of his priorities to get this bug fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: sahadeva

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
People suffering the bug sending their saves to Hopes seems like the way to track down whatever the elusive issue might be and solving it soon, hopefully (duh).

Lucania is one of the biggest maps Contracts gameplay system as well as one (okay, at least one of few lol) which I'm guessing will have the most activities/content in it (for those who haven't played/seen it yet due to just playing the game with the Steam version, here's what it looks like).

View attachment 3673874

Basically, all the white spaces are empty spaces, and Hopes did say before that a lot of those empty spaces will get filled up as new content gets added.
Hence, I think it's in one of his priorities to get this bug fixed.
That definitely puts the Contract maps in a whole new perspective. Half tempted to cross-check it with the maps in the two Bonanzo contracts, that are both set around Lucania from what i remember.

Also, 19 empty spaces in 40 locales - that's plenty of terrain to develop in the future.

Either way, looking forward to one day getting the MC face-to-face with Leilani, Alexia and other pretty ladies cited in those jobs.

(Or i could try an older version myself just to toy with that - who knows i could even contribute a buggy save myself, if i'm lucky :WeSmart: :KEK:)

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Thanks for clearing up my doubts.

edit: Seeing Canoley up close so much in the scenes with MC and Gracie during "I Don't Smoke", the feeling he might be somehow related to Erardo Profaci intensifies. :unsure:
the new era of lumina erardo is gracie canoley
the climax of deluca would be luna vs gracie

i don't know whether the game would be developed linearly and the MC would choose one side over the other, or whether we would have a choice to choose either luna or gracie side, or whether MC would be a Third Party to that confrontation

i wonder where Eleonora and Gaia would be in all this.

Is hopesgaming do this full time now? because the next 3-4 years is gonna be epic.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Either way, looking forward to one day getting the MC face-to-face with Leilani, Alexia and other pretty ladies cited in those jobs.
Well, with Lelianna, MC actually sees her in Isabel's "Fly White Bird, Fly" event (she, who along with Jokren accompanies MC, Luna, Gracie & Isabel as their bodyguards) for season 1.
However, the way they are introduced plays a bit differently depending on which mode the player chose before starting the game;

1) Full Experience Mode: when Lelianna & Joren are introduced to MC by Luna, MC's response is
"I worked with Lelianna in a couple of contracts before."
(this is obviously referencing the 2 D-contracts "The Snooping Bonans" & "The Bonanzo Meeting" where MC worked with Lelianna)

However, with

2) Just Story Mode & VN Mode: when Lelianna & Joren are introduced to MC by Luna, MC's response from what I can tell is (haven't actually checked the actual in-game, given I don't really play these 2 modes, but gallery replay has the following, and I'm guessing it's for these two modes)
"I know of them, but I have not met them."
(the reference is removed given Wilfred's contracts content is disabled in these modes)

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Well, with Lelianna, MC actually sees her in Isabel's "Fly White Bird, Fly" event (she, who along with Jokren accompanies MC, Luna, Gracie & Isabel as their bodyguards) for season 1.
However, the way they are introduced plays a bit differently depending on which mode the player chose before starting the game;

1) Full Experience Mode: when Lelianna & Joren are introduced to MC by Luna, MC's response is
(this is obviously referencing the 2 D-contracts "The Snooping Bonans" & "The Bonanzo Meeting" where MC worked with Lelianna)
Thanks, i have not done that event yet, but it's good to know she makes an actual appearance, referencing those contracts to boot.

Are you sure "face-to-face" are all the body parts you mean? ;)
One has to start somewhere, uh?

FROZER

Feb 20, 2024
I wonder when season 2 will be? I really want to know what happened to Gray when Simeynov’s time was already over in her strillal?

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023

However, with

2) Just Story Mode & VN Mode: when Lelianna & Joren are introduced to MC by Luna, MC's response from what I can tell is (haven't actually checked the actual in-game, given I don't really play these 2 modes, but gallery replay has the following, and I'm guessing it's for these two modes)
"I know of them, but I have not met them."
(the reference is removed given Wilfred's contracts content is disabled in these modes)
Can you tell something related to status update/when the release is most likely planned or maybe ask Hopes about it. Just want to get an idea of the release thats all.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Can you tell something related to status update/when the release is most likely planned or maybe ask Hopes about it. Just want to get an idea of the release thats all.
Sorry but no can do about that.

One of rules in Hopes' Discord server is the following (specifically Rule #11);

Snap 2024-05-28 at 07.23.05.png

So I'm not gonna be annoying him with DMs to him asking about the update's ETA when he has that rule for his Discord.
This doesn't apply to only you, but pretty much everyone else who asks me the same.

Also, even if I get lucky and Hopes somehow reveals an ETA date to me, it's not something that I'm willing to divulge until Hopes himself gives me permission (everything I have revealed on her till now, I did so with his permission, him knowing about my act in advance).
Besides, he will likely reveal it on his Patreon anyway.

Still I am just asking to give us a likely month or some kind of status update atleast. It will atleast give us something to look forward to.
You seem pretty new to the site (and the thread, which is totally fine, every one of us started off as a newbie at some point), so I'm guessing you're not in the know.

Hopes till now, has been pretty bad at giving ETAs (it's been his one achilles heel/Kryptonite) :HideThePain: .
Yup, it is a fact that he himself even acknowledges, and even poking fun at himself & laughs with others.

So unless everything settles down for him and he can get into the whole game development schedule working that is consistent, my advice to ya would be not to focus so much on ETAs & just take it as "It will release when it's ready."
Hopefully, with him now transitioning into full time, once it happens he can release in consistent schedule as he said he would aim to do (before season 1 hit Steam).

And as Hornyy said above, Season 2's first update is still likely very much in the pre-production stage, unless Hopes announces something on his Patreon (and due to him being bad at giving ETAs in the past, he's been avoiding giving them, even though he does slip up......sometimes :HideThePain::KEK:).

Reactions: a-user

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Still I am just asking to give us a likely month or some kind of status update atleast. It will atleast give us something to look forward to.
check back next year march or something like that, for news. hopefully for release but for news.

just assumed there will be no June or July release cuz if there is, we'd hear something on patreon by now

Ancient Devil

Dec 20, 2023
Also, even if I get lucky and Hopes somehow reveals an ETA date to me, it's not something that I'm willing to divulge until Hopes himself gives me permission (everything I have revealed on her till now, I did so with his permission, him knowing about my act in advance).
Totally understand that

Reactions: JJJ84

kaxbag77

Feb 1, 2020
Well, Hopes is no George R. R. Martin. And like in many TV series or movies I am pretty certain that we will feel the danger our heroes are in, still they will survive. They always do. Also, I would lead the pitchfork squad to Hopes' Monaco villa he acquired from his Patreons if Gracie got seriously hurt ;)
but still no matter what the outcome will be, i just love this game amazing work, nothing like just some adult game but has so much more story and plot to it just pure amazing work

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes