Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Intriguing, the writing is very good in my opinion. Quite an impressive read so far. Reckon I'm a Luna fan regardless of her mental baggage. Regards.

Reactions: Dalish

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Just curious, combat-wise is Luna on the same level as the serpents? Also, as the MC climbs the ranks is his growing combat prowess ever going to be acknowledged in game, or is it a "Mechanics/Story Separation" thing?

Reactions: vmaks
Jan 12, 2019
I hate to ask this, cause its very annoying and repetitive but, it'd be nice to have an ETA of the next update. Even although its been a long time, I don't actually mind the wait, its just a tad bit frustrating to constantly check cause we were told it would be soon (or expected it to be soon) given how much time has passed since the last update. At this point I'm convinced the next update will be in March

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
No Eta's.
I did those before and people went cray-cray. Even by saying something vague as 'soon' people are going cray-cray at.

The eta, 'estimated time of arrival/release', is wrongly seen as 'exact time of release' and hence when your estimation is off (that's why it's called an estimation) people tend to go completely crazy.

And as someone who is just doing this as a hobby- nah fam. No more eta's. It's out when I release it.

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
hi hopes, just a bit of constructive feedback, I'd change the question bit on your patreon page as that says approx 2 months per update..... understand this is a hobby/passion rather then a business and something your passionate about will always take longer..... like you said it'll be out when its out but that may be best being altered to avoid confusion

Jan 12, 2019
No Eta's.
I did those before and people went cray-cray. Even by saying something vague as 'soon' people are going cray-cray at.

The eta, 'estimated time of arrival/release', is wrongly seen as 'exact time of release' and hence when your estimation is off (that's why it's called an estimation) people tend to go completely crazy.

And as someone who is just doing this as a hobby- nah fam. No more eta's. It's out when I release it.
Fair enough. Thank you for responding. I myself can't complain cause I know what its like doing a project as a hobby and there are other real life matters that are more pressing and concerning. Your work is incredible so I know its worth the wait. I hope I didn't come off as annoying or persistent (For lack of a better term) I was just voicing my concerns.

Reactions: HopesGaming

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
So the serpents are still pretty far beyond Luna, skill-wise?

Still wanna know if the MC is going to start achieving a skill level to match, or surpass other chars. Maybe even rise to Serpent level at some point? The serpents seem downright superhuman. It breaks realism a bit but I just think of this as CG-Anime and then it's all good :)

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
So the serpents are still pretty far beyond Luna, skill-wise?

Still wanna know if the MC is going to start achieving a skill level to match, or surpass other chars. Maybe even rise to Serpent level at some point? The serpents seem downright superhuman. It breaks realism a bit but I just think of this as CG-Anime and then it's all good :)
Serpents are far above Luna skill-wise. And also far above the average capo.

Mc will get stronger. A lot stronger.

About the realism part:
At my 0.01 release, I made sure to add the Serpents in early. Showing Gottardo with the flail and Serpent at the rooftop single handily eliminating whole groups of mercenaries. It was even told Luna took down a couple of mercenaries alone.
All of that was to say- this game is not supposed to be realistic. It will be over the top and realisme is boring, heh.
The serpents are superhuman.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Are they Superhuman in the "anime" way? Which is to say, they do insane over the top stuff just because it's cool?

Or is there an actual Sci-Fi or OCcult explanation? Genetic Enhancement? Ki manipulation? Mutant powers?

It doesn't matter to me. I'm just curious.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
It breaks realism a bit but I just think of this as CG-Anime and then it's all good
this game is about a random dude who had no clue he had any connection to the mob suddenly coming in being accepted into their home and falling in love with almost every female in there while also people are trying to kill him for some reason we havent fully figured out yet. not the most realistic game of all time and a bit of campy action for the sake of cool things happening is a breath of fresh air every once in a while imo

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Are they Superhuman in the "anime" way? Which is to say, they do insane over the top stuff just because it's cool?

Or is there an actual Sci-Fi or OCcult explanation? Genetic Enhancement? Ki manipulation? Mutant powers?

It doesn't matter to me. I'm just curious.
The DeLuca is it's own universe. The human 'capacity' of strength and speed we have in our reality is not the same as this fictional universe's 'reality'. It can't be called a mutation, genetic enhancement, and so on as those implies that something 'unnatural' is happening.

Many western movies have those kinds of characters. John wick is a good example.

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
The DeLuca is it's own universe. The human 'capacity' of strength and speed we have in our reality is not the same as this fictional universe's 'reality'. It can't be called a mutation, genetic enhancement, and so on as those implies that something 'unnatural' is happening.

Many western movies have those kinds of characters. John wick is a good example.
Will there be a "Russian mafia" in the game?

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes