F22232425

Dec 2, 2017
This may be an extraordinary opinion,
but I think the characters' true relations with MC in this game is that:

Cordia: true mother
Luna: Older sister.
Gracie: Younger sister.
Isabel: Aunt.

Anyway, it somehow follws the pattern of mainstream incest games in terms of character archtypes.

35gre

Jun 20, 2018
Anyway, it somehow follws the pattern of mainstream incest games in terms of character archtypes.
Maybe the family of the MC has more to serve for the plot, but there is already the scene with Cordia about that which invalidates the incest aspect.
Also, even if all the things that happen in the game are the same as an ultra-incest-game, incest and its archtypes do not count as normality and so cannot really compare them.

Reactions: HopesGaming

Cyndallan

Aug 9, 2016

Well.... You are of course free to think whatever you want :unsure:

But, you're wrong -> https://f95zone.to/threads/the-deluca-family-v0-06-5-hopesgaming.15459/post-1327820

Besides, if you played the game you have a Lady Cordia scene where she pretty much answers that question

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
JJJ84
It's funny how your quote from yesterday came true so fast. Not even a couple of hours went and we got a review talking about how deluded and low standard the players of the game have... *Sigh* it's like my game offended his whole family or something.

Cant seem to trigger the
Version: 0.06.5
shall I start new? o.o ;'[
I'm not sure I get what you mean? Is it a specific event?

I once stumbled across a game, The Pinball Arcade, which promised to recreate pinball machines I knew from my youth on PC, so I was intrigued and started reading up on it on game reviewing sites and their forums. Reviews were generally good, but the forums were more divided, with some players complaining that the ratings were too high for just a pinball game where there's no shooting and teamwork and recognizable characters and stuff. So I guess that's again universal.

You can only judge a game by its merits but also only by what it wants to be. You shouldn't vote down a game tagged "furry" because the furry content makes it bad for you - you're just not the audience. Of course I am biased here because I like development over the simple action of insert rod A into slot B, move back- and forward, release. (Though that can be a good ending for development) Thus I am partial towards this game in terms of gameplay. However, as I just wrote in I think a different thread (maybe this one, forgive me for repeating) it can be a major tease if you're seeing how the game develops since you'll have to wait without being able to advance the storyline (unlike in game, where even the longest wait can be ground out).

But I think it's best to just ignore it, usually nobody's gonna change anybody's mind here. Even if it is such an obvious thing as pointing out the tags associated with a game (or not associated, as the case may be). Yes, people should judge a game by what it promises to be, not by what they think it should be. So you can talk about the story being dull or unbelievable because X (maybe mention that Lucania obviously is in the German speaking Alps region where people don't have Italian names in these numbers ;) ). You can talk about the teasing being too drawn out or not drawn out enough. You shouldn't talk about the lack of rod A in slot B however if the tags don't mention any of it.

However, since I had a relevant experience after negatively reviewing a different game, if anybody was harrassing Phoenix or one of the other reviewers by PM, calling them names or similar, that'd be despicable.
Very much agree with this point. Also, that Phonex guy is a tad sensitive. Even tho I agree no one should be bullied, it shouldn't be like anyone should be afraid to voice their opinions due to being afraid of being called a bully. Think he expected his review to be holy and untouchable. I gave him a bit of a shock my replying on it I guess heh.
But yeah, staying civil and not breaking the rules is important

Nah, I told multiple times that I won't do incest. Also, don't agree with the archetype.
Luna ain't close to being a tsundere character nor an elderly kind of sister (except towards Gracie in rare occasions)
Gracie is far from the shy, timid, and kind sister. Far from it.
Isabel actually does resemble the archetype aunt type from incest game. But I would say that it is only at the start when it's all fun and play. Once the story picks up with her I think it is not the same. Imo.

_Cosmo_

May 2, 2020
I started playing this game yesterday and have to admit I'm already addicted. Really like the entire setup, the characters, the usage of sound and music and the entire story telling! A really great job done on this game!

dav3knight

Oct 1, 2017
cant wait for 0.7 .... coz many minigames as basic of the mission .... and of course the MC will absoulutely become more and more badass hahaha ...and even it will take long to finish absolutely i will enjoy it .... seems to me until now its still beautiful prologue .... its still far for MC become a true badass hehe great work bro hopes

lexlol

Apr 9, 2018
Finished this version of the game.
Isabel best girl confirmed.
Even got her on my signature (first time I put someone on my sig, actually)

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
JJJ84
It's funny how your quote from yesterday came true so fast. Not even a couple of hours went and we got a review talking about how deluded and low standard the players of the game have... *Sigh* it's like my game offended his whole family or something.
Really? :FacePalm::FacePalm::FacePalm:
Sigh......(and sighs again).
When I read or hear something like this happen. it really makes me question where these people threw all their sense of common decency away.

I mean saying "it's not my cup of tea" is one thing, but insulting the rest of the fanbase!? I mean I would never get upset with someone just because someone had different preferences. Everyone has different tastes, and noone should be criticized/berated/ridiculed for that.
But I would never let my preferences (or bias) rule me that it basically makes me lose who I am as a person. Even when I disagree with someone, I always try my best to treat them with respect. And I also try to see it from their point of view (I may or may not agree with them in the end, but regardless, doesn't change the fact that I am treating others as decent human beings).

I'm starting to get preachy with this (and generally, I dislike being preachy lol), so I'm just gonna end this with the following image for those people (it's most unlikely they'll see it, but regardless, it's not gonna stop me from trying to be a decent person).

tumblr_n7xf1tmlKr1tscwf3o1_540.jpg

Last edited:

BeachpartyX

May 23, 2020
HopesGaming: Thanks for sharing this update. Isabel's ending in 0.61 felt kind of abrupt. Luckily we are back to the game. However this game reminds me of Luna's russian roulette. I hope that there will still be an option for a happy ending with her. :)
Kudos for the great renders and story telling. Which both I consider the best among the current games.

MonkeyLord

Apr 29, 2017
HopesGaming nice touch on the Filius scene, but tbf, I don't think that message is gonna reach the people it should reach. If anything it'll just give those people reasons to yell "dev are salty and ****hurt about real criticism".

There's a saying in Vietnamese, stemming from a famous novel (Chi Pheo by Nam Cao), there was a scene where the titular character, drunk and angry, was cursing at everyone in his village, but everyone simply thought, and I'm roughly translating it here, "Surely he doesn't mean me!" That saying became quite famous, and people in my country use it sarcastically in context where someone would pretty much ignore all criticism directed at them by thinking "surely that can't be about me" or "surely he doesn't mean me".

And that's the case here, pretty much. We can hint at it, or we can downright tell people to their faces, and they'll just ignore it, because they don't even realize they're doing the things we criticized them for. And there's nothing whatsoever we can do about it, they have to realize it themselves, no one can change their mindset but themselves, and they won't do that any time soon.

And now that I've given this example, they'll somehow twist it until they can say we're the one "actually" ignoring criticism.

Welp, time to get back to my own writings and studying. I'll resurface again in a few months. :p

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
Now the defense force is out and the hugbox is activated. All it takes is a rallying cry from the leader to get all this sympathy. If any of you are familiar with camgirls who have private chats this should be very familiar. She laments her bad day and all the orbiters who believe they are the closest of friends rush in to tell her no she really is perfect, wonderful, and that the opposing party is just naturally hateful or lesser because of their criticisms.

Though I guess there's not much else to discuss in this thread, with the game having barely any content and all.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Now the defense force is out and the hugbox is activated. All it takes is a rallying cry from the leader to get all this sympathy. If any of you are familiar with camgirls who have private chats this should be very familiar. She laments her bad day and all the orbiters who believe they are the closest of friends rush in to tell her no she really is perfect, wonderful, and that the opposing party is just naturally hateful or lesser because of their criticisms.

Though I guess there's not much else to discuss in this thread, with the game having barely any content and all.
The game has content, it just doesn't have what you want.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

How come you are allowed to your opinions but others are not?
This is what I always found confusing with the people that share your 'view'.

If you are man enough to dish it out, be man enough to take it.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes