HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
But I'm not the one 'taking it', they are barely mentioning my review. Instead of that they are all fawning over you and telling you to ignore stuff like that. That is what makes it essentially a hugbox vs an actual critical discussion.
What review tho? The one where you directly told them they had low standards compared to you and were deluded?
Besides that, your review only had complaints about a lack of sexual content (which is not a complaint as I am in no way obligated to put it in)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
But I'm not the one 'taking it', they are barely mentioning my review. Instead of that they are all fawning over you and telling you to ignore stuff like that. That is what makes it essentially a hugbox vs an actual critical discussion.
Only reason I am not saying anything to the joke that is your review is cause yesterday I made someone feel like I was bullying him for explaining why he was getting facepalm (not me), as it seems he cared. And I am trying to be better person overall.

But I personally don't care a shit whether you like the game or not. Couldn't care less. I just find you pathetic for assuming you know best that the other just because they don't agree with you. Like you seriously assume you know more about a AVN than people you don't even know. I must congratulate, not you, your shrink. Such a huge ego.

That somehow still requires validation...

Your post about cam girls and hugs remind me of a small kid crying and breaking stuff just because mommy and daddy did not give him attention. But I must stop. Please don't cry little fellow.

Have a great day.

Last edited:

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
Hopes dude i didn't know you were a cam girl , shit i always figured you were like this

tenor.gif

Well i am guess i am gonna have to imagine you like this from now on

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Siphon you said the story is bad but never elaborated on that , i am genuinely curious now as to why you think it's bad cause you did not bother to discuss it in your review. You only complained about the grind which imo at least isn't too bad and for the lack of sexual content but besides that no clear defined reason as to why you think the story is bad. At least elaborate so others including hopes can take away something productive

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
You're free to have your own preferences and opinions regarding the game. We disagree with you, but noone is judging you regarding your preference, no matter how disingenuous you may sound in your review.

What I, and many others have problem with your review however is your whole attitude towards people who like the game, and content that Hopes (the Dev) brings to this game, with how you referred to us as following:

The only reason people actually like this game are the renders/models are solid
Wrong, majority of fans of the game like the game for the story and its characters. Renders is only part of why we love this game. Don't try to state your own bias as facts.

I can only assume everyone tripping over themselves trying to claim it is a masterpiece of writing are deluding themselves or just don't have very high standards
You're saying we don't have high standards? :FacePalm: Again, you're basically projecting your own bias (what you claim to be high standards) as facts, and while you're entitled to your own opinion, it makes me laugh that you're using your bias as pedestral and stating it as fact.
Also, I wouldn't have had any problem with you if you had simply said "The Game wasn't my cup of tea because of XYZ reasons." I wouldn't have agreed, but you're entitled to your own opinion, and noone would have any problem with it since it feels sincere and it's not disrespecting anyone.

But instead, you just began with basically insulting people who love the game for what it is.
As I said in previous comment, respect is earned, not given. Don't expect to be treated with respect/decency, when you yourself began insulting us, the people who love the game (and no, we're not fawning over Hopes, and this isn't a hugbox. Myself, and many others appreciate the game for what it is [a story focused adult game], so you clearly have no idea what you're talking about)

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So the next update is gonna be about Cordia, am I right?
Since recent updates have been Isabel's lewd/free-roam, next update (0.7 with new gameplay mechanic) in the rotation will probably be story, with Eiza, her sister & the Assassins family arc. The freeroam update after that perhaps might be Cordia (just my guess though based on Wilfred referencing her in current update. Only Hopes knows the answer to that).

Reactions: gencadam

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I don't know about the camgirl stuff, but if you want others to mention your review, I'll do you a favor.

You state (I don't know how to quote a review, so I'll do it manually):

"The characters are fairly shallow and aren't very believable at all"
"It (the game) takes itself far too seriously for its content"
"The gameplay is the standard grinding that plagues just about every game"
"as I discussed earlier this is not a good story"

And these are all fine opinions and thank you for sharing them, because it will help people make an informed decision on whether they would like this game. They're not facts, they're opinions, but let's be honest, we all write our reviews as facts, so no harm done.

However, you also state:

"everyone tripping over themselves trying to claim it is a masterpiece of writing are deluding themselves or just don't have very high standards"

and see, this is where it gets a tad ridiculous. Because every piece of art will have naysayers. There are loads of respected movie critics disliking Citizen Kane, there are book critics who think that Kill a Mockingbird is a massive turd, some music critics even dislike the Beatles. And you have the opposite way, too, take some turd, any turd out there, and experts will tell you it's not as bad, it may even be fine. And that's just the experts, not the normal customers who often disagree with ratings and will give huge box offices to bad (in critics' opinions) movies and the like.

However, who are you to say that you have the ultimate view on stuff, the one opinion to end them all? You're perfectly fine to voice a negative opinion, even if it were the only one, but you're not fine insulting those who beg to differ. And it's not your place to state your opinion as an objective fact. From your conversation with the devs I may quote:

"my only recourse is to suggest there is an alternative reason" - meaning that people who disagree with you on this topic must somehow be mislead or delusional.

Fun fact: I like what I like. I have abandoned the whole concept of "guilty pleasure" a long time ago, I get pleasure from things that please me. There is no "guilt" involved. That is not a delusion, that is just how it is. And if your "only recourse" is to insult me for what I like, then you're out of arguments.

But I'll do you the favor and answer (from my point of view).

"The characters are fairly shallow and aren't very believable at all" - you're correct, they're not. As is par for the course in fiction by the way. You'll be exaggerating parts to make the story more entertaining. Yes, there is a limit of what anyone may want to stomach, but again it's not an objective line. I am willing to stomach how Luna would be a problem here, because I find her character interesting. But while we're at it, since your major interest seems to be "Being a DIK" - do you consider the whole DIK-chick thing believable?

"It (the game) takes itself far too seriously for its content" - well, it's a bit zig zagging. Most of the game is far from taking itself seriously. Think the dialogues during some missions - they wouldn't happen in real life, but that's obvious. They're more akin to Bond one liners or "Yippie-kay-jay motherfucker". You may argue that they are not well made, but I'd argue that they're signs that the game doesn't take itself too seriously most of the time. Yes, the "My name is Luna" arc or some other places are more dark, more serious, and more morbid, but most of the game is pretty obviously not to be taken at face value.

"The gameplay is the standard grinding that plagues just about every game" - I'll make this short: you haven't seen any real grinding. Really, you haven't.

"as I discussed earlier this is not a good story" - this is the most subjective one, since it'll depend on the characters and whether you connect with them, it'll depend on the progression and whether it reaches you. Yes, the detachment of the main story and the character progression for large swathes of the game may be a hindrance of sorts, but I still like it.

But as I said, you are free to disagree and voice your opinion. What does rile me however is when you start insulting me for not agreeing with you. That is not because I am a cuddly fanboy, but because I am of the opinion that I may form my own opinion. And, after all is said and done, I like what happens here. You don't. That's fine. But please keep to the game when commenting and don't get personal. And yes, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I have written negative reviews in the past and got attacked for it. Just let that part roll and ignore it. It'll be better for you. And for us. You said what you wanted to say, now it's time to move on to things you enjoy.

Last edited:

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
hello guys. I just downloaded the game and the game gets stuck here. can you help me ?? :(
I don't have a fix for this, I just really want to see that scene come to life in the game. Really looking forward to being able to have the MC become a total badass.

Though I did notice that for all Luna, Gracie, and Isabel's comments about how low ranked and nonthreatening MC is, they basically center around him as they move or enter a place. Some strong nascent leadership/charisma effects going on there.

Skytta94

Dec 3, 2019
I don't have a fix for this, I just really want to see that scene come to life in the game. Really looking forward to being able to have the MC become a total badass.

Though I did notice that for all Luna, Gracie, and Isabel's comments about how low ranked and nonthreatening MC is, they basically center around him as they move or enter a place. Some strong nascent leadership/charisma effects going on there.
the first part of the game. the game menu does not even open, I deleted it many times and installed it again, but it doesn't work.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
With all the Filius Canis shenanigans which seem to plague not only this thread I do feel the need to express how I feel about this game before I get into other things, in my opinion it's just better to ignore the trolls.

Ever since I started playing this game a few updates ago I have been captivated by the story. Being introduced to this meticulously crafted family/world/universe filled with intrigue, mystery, humor, heartfelt moments, surprises and excitement. With unpredictable character revelations there keeps being a sense of wonder and not just of what is to come. There are already so many mysteries to solve, answers to be found, laughs to be had and it still seems like it is only the beginning. One thing is for sure the decor is being set for something grand. This coupled with the quality of the renders, the music and sound effects, the GUI and menu options for replays and art make this an amazing experience. Everything so far shows how high the bar has been set by HopesGaming for the art/story he envisions and wants to share. I myself can't get enough and highly anticipate each next update to continue this wonderful journey.

Speaking about next updates;

The update was of course a bit on the shorter end. It is a split release (0.5 increment increase instead of 1). I could have simply waited 1 more month to release and added a lot of events in between that time. Fast, easy to make renders with simple script. But that is not my style, also my goal is different. My goal is for 0.07 to be a completely redo on the gameplay part. That one would require a restart of the game and didn't want to have Isabel's ending be among that. Also, the new gameplay stuff will take some time and I wanted to give you a bit of content in the meantime! Hell, the gameplay stuff my be scratched if it's too unreliable timewise.

Does this mean that there will be content which will be in between of what is in the current 0.6.5 version?
I ask because I first played the new content in 0.6.5 and afterwards started a new game from start to end of current content and couldn't help but feel like the "flow" of the story got disrupted a little bit. Now I imagine (but can only speculate) this has to do with creative decisions in your update plans with the rework of the missions and the advancement of the Eiza Carnefice story.
(both of which I know already been talked about here)

An in game example would be the following from story 10 the dialogue Wilfred has with Cordia;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To me it feels like there is some missing progression with the MC. Also in the overview of the current missions they seem to all be solo missions where you're not accompanied by anyone else (so missions with Luna could be integrated there but they weren't as far as I can tell).

I am super curious about your planned revamp of that mission system, in it's current form I kinda like doing the missions for money and purchasing the upgrades in the shop despite it not feeling that rewarding nor being intertwined with the rest of the story yet. I do have high hopes so hopefully you succeed in integrating it the way you want to.

Besides all that I just want to say thank you for all the work so far and the phenomenal story.

PS. If there is a kind soul out there that could help me with sporting a fan signature of all 4 (Gracie, Luna, Isabel and Cordia) or maybe even Eiza included I'd definitely rock that!

Last edited:

Tarkash

Lexi Head-Writer
Game Developer
May 9, 2020
Oi dudes! help an old hag with this stupid quotestuff, will ya?
For now like this will have to do...

Oh and uh... sorry in advance, it became a tapestry... *scratching head* hehe...

Siphon
The only reason people actually like this game are the renders/models are solid. I can only assume everyone tripping over themselves trying to claim it is a masterpiece of writing are deluding themselves or just don't have very high standards.

The characters are fairly shallow and aren't very believable at all, and the story feels like something a teenager would write after binge watching The Godfather 50 times. It takes itself far too seriously for its content and seems to think it is revolutionary when it's actually droll. Instead of actually bothering to explain things like rational human beings they prefer to keep thinly veiled secrets just for the sake of being mysterious.

The gameplay is the standard grinding that plagues just about every game, it's not special but it isn't an active detriment.

Renders, as I said before, are great.

Sexual content, as I'm sure you are all aware, is near nonexistent to focus on the 'story'. If the story is good a lack of content is understandable, but as I discussed earlier this is not a good story. I imagine sexual content won't be coming for quite some time, as then the developer wouldn't be able to blame the bad reviews his game gets on anything else.

------------------------------

First of all, I'll like to say I'm no Fangirl and have no problem with ppl rating a game, that is not to their taste, badly.
But criticism comes with a few things.

So let's hopp onto the bandwagon, eh?

The renders of the game are its Strongpoint. Okay, I can agree with that.
HopesGaming be so kind and point out a game, with similar stunning renders to me. As I haven't stumbled upon one so far.
I really love BaDIK and Melody etc. But their renders... can't match at all to this game.

So with this point we are on the same page.
It is something, right?

The Characters are fairly shallow.
Now that is a very strong argument. Sadly you don't lay bare why you conclude this. All you say are some wild speculations, how the Developer, yes, I'm looking at you, Hopy, might have come to invent those. A discussable Opinion of you? Couldn't find one.

And let's take a few looks at the Characters.

MC. Hey, with him I'd actually agree. He is fairly shallow. But, He grows with the decisions you make. He is not the best MC out there, mind me, but enjoyable nonetheless.
Hopy gives us players enough choices to develop the MC in a direction we want to.

Old Gramps.
Sorry, but the old man and shallow? I never read a more amusing depicted right hand of a crime syndicate, than him.
He is dry as the Sahara but adds humor with exactly that. He has his own past. Enemies, like the father of the Assassin Family and good memories with the kids in the Household.
If you call that Shallow, what do you expect from a Sidecharacter to have?
Shall we read 30 hours of his past 40 years, so he becomes more... I wonder what even? He is good, as he is. And far from being shallow.

Big, Silent Bob err... Mom. Cordia.
What makes this Figure beautiful aren't only her stunning looks.
Damn, Hopy! I'm a married woman and I would go for that lady without blinking an eye!
But what makes her really attractive IS her character.
She has a past, of which we so far only got hints.
A Lady through and through. With the rules of this sinister world down from a to z.
Yet still, she shows motherly qualities towards the MC. Tries even to avoid topics about which she is insecure about, with Gramps. I loved the scene where he tried to nudge her about Luna. It showed wonderfully that she has some things rather NOT all wrapped up and under control.
Again, explain to me, Siphon, where is she shallow? What is missing?
Do you want a deeply emotional scene from a character purposefully designed to only show a bare minimum of emotions?
If so, I question your qualification to criticize her as shallow, because that would highly contradict the character itself, if Hopy did sth like this.

Let's move on to Luna, shall we?
Luna is a Nutjob. And as one, a very delicate, hard to write Character.
First of all, Hopy earned my respect for her, the way she starts off, and developed throughout the story.
Luna is a crazy, trigger-happy lunatic (giggles, scnr).
IF she stayed this and the storyline about her was only "Yeah... that's how she is, deal with it!" from Hopy, I'd never have rated this game a 5/5 because THAT would have been a shallow character if I ever saw one.
But no. The Character gets one of the emotionally fucked up backgroundstories and we even see it!
She isn't crazy. She is traumatized and never actually got over it. This Character has trust issues, impulse-control issues and a lot more. Which we all get showed why.
Yet again I challenge you to explain to me, in what department she is lacking depth.

Who else... who else...
Ah! Gracie.
Yes. As my last one, I shall pick up Gracie.
come, come. Scoot over to me. Let's take a look at her.
A doted, Genius.
That's really shallow, isn't it?
Oh, wait... No. Hopy made great effort to create a relatable Genius.
Gracie isn't your giggly girly happy go lucky teeny girl to fuck, 5 seconds after you meet her. No, she is a Genius.
Her Brain revolves all-around stuff, normal humans won't even touch without getting their brains fried.
"But Auntie... She is smart isn't any depth at all!" you say now, right?
I hear ye. I hear ye.
But: For a fact, my best friend is exactly this type of human being. A genius. Her head all in some clouds I don't even try to understand, despite being a decorated Psychologist myself.
And Hopy simply nailed it!
Yes, she is smart. But she is socially awkward. Has no connection to things like love etc.
Indeed, she loves her family. But that is all about mimicking behavior my dear padawan.
Point is, you have either a very smart brain or empathy. Both is... let's say as rare as a flying elephant.
Yet Hopy used HIS brain again marvelous to let us barge in on her at night and all she reacts is "Uh... what are you doing here at this time?"
Wanna know what?
I laughed at this. As it fucking nailed it. This was exactly how my friend would have reacted too. While I would have stabbed the MC with something if it was me.

Okay, now we can argue at this point if a mentally challenged person, such as a genius, is shallow as a human being for only functioning on the rationality side.
And Hopy used his brain again. MC is a smartypants too and approaches Gracie from the perspective she can understand and relate. Learning. And she is eager to learn.
Okay. Sending her a hardcore porn... that was a bit over the top. Maybe Hopy got a little impatient himself with the poor girl?
Wrote Novels myself, and I can totally relate to the Author becoming impatient if it drags out over time.

Oooh... Why didn't you remind me on the result of Gracie!
Here we go.
Is Gracie shallow?
Debatable on an illness angle of argument. But as a Charakter in a novel? Nope. She is depicted very lifelike, her reactions fit and still, she is kept likable to go for her. Which isn't easy with such ppl, trust me.

Onto the next train of thought! Choo-Choo!

So... they don't explain their circumstances to random stranger Number 1 as normal rational human beings would do.
Uh... right...
This business would be closed faster than Luna could pull her trigger.
First of all, they grew up being educated to prefer silence over the blind trust.
Secondly in this world Respect is mandatory. Before they talk to you, you have to earn their respect.
Third... If you do that, they start explaining their circumstances. Surprising, eh?

And again I ask. What do you expect from them to do from your perspective?
MC arrives and meets Luna
"Oh hey, stranger. Btw, I'm the traumatized Nutjob of the family, because I got abused, abducted and sold as a small girl. So... don't mind if I stab you accidentally or sth like that, kay? Thx, bye!"
Nah, right?

I won't go over all characters again now.
I say, they have their own pace of telling you their story and it feels right along with the tale Hopy spins.
Explain to me why not and actually use examples and arguments this time?
It's not like you couldn't change my mind if you did.

The Gameplay... Ah, now that really is a point in the beloved Family business.
I mentioned a few things that disturbed me, but they don't hinder the overall experience enough to downrate it to only 4 stars or worse. All those games have to live with the mechanics the engine offers them and despite feeling a bit lost at the beginning it's not sth unusual to encounter.

Aaaah. The Main-Issue I presume? It's okay. You can't fap to this game and this frustrates, I get it.
But an Adult Novel isn't about Porn. Though 99% of the games go that route, it's about telling stories for Adults.
I don't need Sex in a Novel to enjoy it. And don't "yeah yeah. you're a girl, of course you'd say that" me now. I love good sexscenes. Lesbian, Hetero, all together, don't care. BUT, I don't expect or need them! What I search in those Novels the most is a compelling Storyline. And Hopy delivers so far in the game.
I want to know what Big Mum hides from poor MC, I want to see if MC can get close to both Daughters, why he has to die and so on.
And that's what good storytelling is all about my dear. Hooking the reader up, that he demands more.

The Novel wasn't to your taste? That's okay.
Write this. But don't throw semi-professional terms around, without correctly analyzing and criticizing.
Of course, no one can take you seriously with what you did so far.
The Review you presented, the way you argued in here... It only supports the misunderstanding you just skipped through the game to find Fapscenes, which it doesn't offer so far, and did, what all cockblocked would do, blowing your load into the review.

That's why I took my fair time at half fucking past 3 am, to show you, how it is done in a correct and calm way.

Pick up the points I showed to you, and show me your point of view on them in an understandable way.
Let's HAVE an actual discussion. I'm really curious, why you said those things, wanting to understand your perspective.

LG

H1M

Jun 8, 2017
So have not looked at it in a while, ignoring all the stuff above here looks like drama... so I will just ask a simple question... have they got past first base yet? I love the characters and the story but want to wait to support when it actually has a bit more well tbh sex...

Tarkash

Lexi Head-Writer
Game Developer
May 9, 2020
So have not looked at it in a while, ignoring all the stuff above here looks like drama... so I will just ask a simple question... have they got past first base yet? I love the characters and the story but want to wait to support when it actually has a bit more well tbh sex...
Relationship with Luna is... on the way but rather narrow.
Relationship with Gracie is a bit more physical, but except for assgroping and some pussytouching nothing happened so far.

So... no. No sex happened so far that would be notable.^^

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Relationship with Luna is... on the way but rather narrow.
Relationship with Gracie is a bit more physical, but except for assgroping and some pussytouching nothing happened so far.

So... no. No sex happened so far that would be notable.^^
Also Cordia steels a kiss in an scenario that feels as if a powerful tigress was looking down her prey. Totally breathtaking.

And there is very hot teasing with Isabel that leads to a blow job. And believe me, Isabel's teasing is hotter than most full intercourse in other games. The fight between desire and control is beautifully shown. You can cut the sexual tension with a knife.

Last edited:

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. This is about page 12 or so of us discussing a couple of people who have a negative opinion of this game. As I think I said some time ago it's time to put this puppy to bed and start discussing the game again. "Opinions are like Aholes, everyone has one" "Let sleeping dogs lie".

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So let's get the this thread back into discussing about the update's storyline (and away from all the unpleasantness. Let's just put it behind us and like ut1stgear1 said, move on).

Regarding MC's musing of Luna vs Gracie towards the end of "Portend" event, do you guys think it is red herring, or there is something more to it than that?

At first, I thought "Nah....I don't think that will happen.", but thinking about it some more, I'm getting a strange feeling that this could possibly be scenario if played right can have tremendous impact and consequences towards not just MC and the girls, and the DeLuca Family, but also perhaps the possibly shift the balance of power within the Big 5.

Both Luna and Gracie are talented in their own right, and losing either one of them could be quite a frightening experience (and a big blow) for DeLucas (particularly for Luna, who has already experienced trauma of losing sisters in her "My name is Luna" event).

Wonder what everyone elses' thoughts are on this.

Last edited:

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
Kind of wondering how MC is supposed to lift Lady Cordia out of her "self-pity" as Wilfred puts it.
At what point does a harem tag get slapped onto this game? At this rate MC is gonna end up marrying one of the sisters, possibly giving Antonio a black-haired blue-eyed kid with Isabel, and having something going on with Donna Cordia.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes