Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
He knows Gracie is on to him yet doesn't think to remove them for a while until things blow over. It's not just Gracie he's been listening in on (I only put listening devices in) but Cordia, Luna and Antonio.
I assumed that was more a development issue than anything. In the sense, Hopesgaming did not continue the story. MC might decide to remove them soom. At the same time, removing them is more dangerous too now. Gracie is onto him, so any suspicious presence in her room can give him away. But again, I was sure it was just that we don't know how the story continues and he will remove them soon.

Whether Cordia knows or not it is not clear to me. I kind of assume she does after she caught us in her office. After all, when MC caught them talking, they never spoiled anything. But it is just a guess. It could also be she is canonically quiet about everything.
Her occasional arrogance aside, she isn't wrong.

MC isn't on her level. He has more social awareness so has a slight edge there but on pure intellect he isn't even in her league.

No one is.

Also why her mother won't let her work, she could possibly be more dangerous than anyone in the game.
This.

But I disagree that she is potentially more dangerous than Cordia. She IS right now more dangerous than Cordia. Cordia may have experience and already developed talents. But that experience also give her wisdom and make more cunning
and open minded.
Gracie's social awkwardness and lack of empathy makes her already a threat. Cordia might understand MC screwing up, Gracie will eat him alive when he does. That is the difference.

Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Whether Cordia knows or not it is not clear to me. I kind of assume she does after she caught us in her office. After all, when MC caught them talking, they never spoiled anything. But it is just a guess. It could also be she is canonically quiet about everything.
I'll put money on Cordia knowing.

She dropped the huge hint of having old contracts left on her desk and just happened to put the picture of her and his mother when they were younger in there.

She knew he was listening/watching.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I assumed that was more a development issue than anything. In the sense, Hopesgaming did not continue the story. MC might decide to remove them soom. At the same time, removing them is more dangerous too now. Gracie is onto him, so any suspicious presence in her room can give him away. But again, I was sure it was just that we don't know how the story continues and he will remove them soon.

This.

But I disagree that she is potentially more dangerous than Cordia. She IS right now more dangerous than Cordia. Cordia may have experience and already developed talents. But that experience also give her wisdom and make more cunning
and open minded.
Gracie's social awkwardness and lack of empathy makes her already a threat. Cordia might understand MC screwing up, Gracie will eat him alive when he does. That is the difference.
As much as I love Gracie, I think you guys are overestimating her a little bit, yes, she is a potential danger, but she lacks in d&d terms wisdom while having lots of int, my stats for her would be something like 22 int, 18 dex, 08 charisma, 9 wisdom, and 10 strength, she is exceptional at some things, but subpar in others, Cordia probably is a 18 in everything, which makes her more dangerous, and mc, well he is hard to figure out I would say 12 int, 16 dex, 14 strength, 12 wisdom, 14 charisma, or something like that, in pure intellect, sure, he is outclassed, but overall he has more potential.
Sorry, nerded out quite a bit there, but this was the best way for me to explain how I see things.
Also, as i said, she knows she is the smartest person in the room, so she does let her guard down quite a lot, due to being quite cocky

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Her occasional arrogance aside, she isn't wrong.

MC isn't on her level. He has more social awareness so has a slight edge there but on pure intellect he isn't even in her league.

No one is.

Also why her mother won't let her work, she could possibly be more dangerous than anyone in the game.
On pure intellect, I agree MC isn't on her level, which is why it might just rub her the wrong way that MC was able to get away with the bugs.

Actually, I think I might just put Wilfred slightly above Gracie in terms of pure intellect. He's Cordia teacher, and if I'm remembering correctly he's been teaching Gracie as well in a lot of matters. Since Wilfred sees Gracie with a lot of potential which is Serpent level, perhaps when Gracie matures a bit more and her weaknesses are solved (whether through MC or other means), she might surpass Wilfred, but at this moment, I'm feeling his past experience puts Wilfred somewhat higher in terms of intelligence/knowledge.

Reactions: c3p0

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
As much as I love Gracie, I think you guys are overestimating her a little bit, yes, she is a potential danger, but she lacks in d&d terms wisdom while having lots of int, my stats for her would be something like 22 int, 18 dex, 08 charisma, 9 wisdom, and 10 strength, she is exceptional at some things, but subpar in others, Cordia probably is a 18 in everything, which makes her more dangerous, and mc, well he is hard to figure out I would say 12 int, 16 dex, 14 strength, 12 wisdom, 14 charisma, or something like that, in pure intellect, sure, he is outclassed, but overall he has more potential.
Sorry, nerded out quite a bit there, but this was the best way for me to explain how I see things.
Also, as i said, she knows she is the smartest person in the room, so she does let her guard down quite a lot, due to being quite cocky
That was not the point I have been trying to make. It has to do less with her attributes as you put it and more with her personality. She was NOT kidding when she threatened MC in my opinion. Her attributes allow her to be a danger but as I said I don't think Cordia is a danger and I think her current attributes are higher than Gracie.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
That was not the point I have been trying to make. It has to do less with her attributes as you put it and more with her personality. She was NOT kidding when she threatened MC in my opinion. Her attributes allow her to be a danger but as I said I don't think Cordia is a danger and I think her current attributes are higher than Gracie.
yes, but threats are meaningless without the power to follow through with them, that is kind of what I mean.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
yes, but threats are meaningless without the power to follow through with them, that is kind of what I mean.
Well I took for granted MC is the weakest member of the core family. A lot of potential, yes, but Gracie has more potential, is getting coached by Wilfred and her personality would allow her to go full charge against MC. MC on the other hand will never truly hurt her in my opinion. So while she would be trying to hurt him, he would be trying to stop the fight by soothing her somehow.

Obviously, if the other members of the family intercede I don't think Gracie will prove a danger to MC. Wilfred himself can probably disarm both sides without much effort, if he care at all to act. I was just talking one on one.

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Well I took for granted MC is the weakest member of the core family. A lot of potential, yes, but Gracie has more potential, is getting coached by Wilfred and her personality would allow her to go full charge against MC. MC on the other hand will never truly hurt her in my opinion. So while she would be trying to hurt him, he would be trying to stop the fight by soothing her somehow.

Obviously, if the other members of the family intercede I don't think Gracie will prove a danger to MC. Wilfred himself can probably disarm both sides without much effort. I was just talking one on one.
You forget the mc actually has field experience(lots of it for the Lvl up in the gang), while she has her training, and kinda two missions.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I have to admit, the end of that event did make me question the MC and looks at him as a moron.

I don't even mean jokingly, I mean I legit think he's stupid or slow or has some serious learning difficulty.

He knows Gracie is on to him yet doesn't think to remove them for a while until things blow over. It's not just Gracie he's been listening in on (I only put listening devices in) but Cordia, Luna and Antonio.

The second Gracie figures it out they will know he's been listening in on all of them or regardless of anything that's going on that is a massive fuck up and would not only kill any friendships he's built up but also put's him on the entire main family's shit list.

Why would you risk that much of a shitstorm?

Nobody with any ounce of common sense would.

That was my only gripe.
If they're well hidden then it would be safer to leave them, removing them would mean sneaking into their rooms again while they're away, and if someone is suspicious they might be looking for him doing exactly that.

Reactions: c3p0 and Avaron1974

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You forget the mc actually has field experience(lots of it for the Lvl up in the gang), while she has her training, and kinda two missions.
In those 2 "missions" she showed no fear and practically won the thing for her side in the second one while both times the MC has shit himself. First time he begged for his life the second he hid behind a crate and shot at a wall.

His contracts haven't meant anything yet. He's still bottom tier, he's got quite some ways to go.

He'll get there, that goes without saying, but as of right now he's no threat to anyone, even Gracie.

Reactions: JJJ84 and c3p0

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
In those 2 "missions" she showed no fear and practically won the thing for her side in the second one while both times the MC has shit himself. First time he begged for his life the second he hid behind a crate and shot at a wall.

His contracts haven't meant anything yet. He's still bottom tier, he's got quite some ways to go.

He'll get there, that goes without saying, but as of right now he's no threat to anyone, even Gracie.
No one but the professional assassin he captures and had at gunpoint, although, he is still hesitant to kill, that was a show of whom he will become and is becoming, and yes I don't like the way he behaves in the missions for multiple reasons, but still. Also, an assassin that infiltrated the main house of the Deluca undetected util being captured, well maybe Wilfred did notice her and was testing the Mc.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
No one but the professional assassin he captures and had at gunpoint,
He wasn't a threat to her.

Her heart wasn't in it and he was hardly the bringer of pain.

All he did was point a gun at her, I could point a gun at someone and i'm a complete wuss. He had no intentions to harm her. Wouldn't even let Cordia punish her.

I don't like the way he behaves in the missions for multiple reasons
It's needed.

If he start out a badass no one will give a shit, it adds interest to the story. As it stands right now he's in a world he knows very little about and trying to learn his way around. He's only recently found out about his mother being a serpent and still hasn't figured out she was training him.

For those that also missed it...

There was a flashback to his mother giving him small doses of poison and her telling him it will only hurt for a little while. Was also how he was able to survive the poisoning attempt.

He has a long way to go but he'll get there.

Him and Gracie both have potential but the only reason I will rate her higher is she doesn't have the sense to be scared of anything. I think in her head it's all a game. Plus she uses other people to her advantage.

Reactions: JJJ84 and c3p0

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
He wasn't a threat to her.

Her heart wasn't in it and he was hardly the bringer of pain.

All he did was point a gun at her, I could point a gun at someone and i'm a complete wuss. He had no intentions to harm her. Wouldn't even let Cordia punish her.

It's needed.

If he start out a badass no one will give a shit, it adds interest to the story. As it stands right now he's in a world he knows very little about and trying to learn his way around. He's only recently found out about his mother being a serpent and still hasn't figured out she was training him.

For those that also missed it...

There was a flashback to his mother giving him small doses of poison and her telling him it will only hurt for a little while. Was also how he was able to survive the poisoning attempt.

He has a long way to go but he'll get there.

Him and Gracie both have potential but the only reason I will rate her higher is she doesn't have the sense to be scared of anything. I think in her head it's all a game. Plus she uses other people to her advantage.
Yeah, i see your point, even if i don't agree with it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah, i see your point, even if i don't agree with it.
We'll never agree with everything hunni, it makes the world a more interesting place.

I wasn't trying to change your mind just wanted to get my point across. I have your point and now we're just waiting for the plot to move forward.

Internet discussions without flaming.

They can happen.

Ya dick.

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

• Thinking Face

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Compared to the usual standard bullshit we get here, serious Deluca conversation is sooooo anticlimatic.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Compared to the usual standard bullshit we get here, serious Deluca conversation is sooooo anticlimatic.
I know, I think we're foruming wrong.

I think we're supposed to complain about stuff and demand Hopes makes the game we want in which case I demand the DeLuca's get pet cats.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
For me, I'm more wary of Gracie than Cordia & Luna (should MC's bugs being found out) because of Gracie's lack of social understanding, and the way that she tends to see things in black & white (which is not always the case, because there are at times situations with shades of grey) more than other characters.

I don't know, those attributes, and Gracie's behavior until now just seems to be sending me more alarm bells than Cordia & Luna if I'm being honest (and this is despite the fact that Gracie's not really my favorite character. I like her a lot, but still Luna's always been my favorite, followed by Cordia. Third place used to be tussle between Isabel and Gracie, but at the moment Isabel is slightly ahead).

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
For me it is obvious clear that Wilfred know about the spy device. And for his persona he personly have given the MC the packet with the device in it. If he didn't know it better he would also joke about it as he has done with every other parcel the MC has ordered and received.
Thus if Wilfred knows it then Cordia too. Also it would be weird and insrutable if a new person like the MC would be put in the main house without some kind of observation. For myself it is crystal clear that Wilfred knows every move the MC has done and planned. Maybe this will change in the future but in the current state he is no match for him.

For the possible threads of the MC regarding the spy devices or general:
  • Wilfred and Cordia are the ones with the most power behind them. I also see Wilfred above Cordia. He trained her, now his her right and left hand and have never stopped to guid her or act in what he seems is the best for her. I would bet, he would stop her even with some force, if he believe it is for necessary for her in the long run and somehow I believe he would be succesful. Yet both of them acted as they belief of the MC and will guiding him to his future role. So to really terminate him, seems highly unlikely. The whole Cordia kissing scene act as proof for this point.
  • Gracie is unstable. As others pointed out quite sure the most intellligent of the cast by a fair margin. Yet she lacks in all other department. For her to discover the spy device she will be hurt, not in first line because of the MC, but because he outsmarted her.
    As I've wrote before if she didn't snap out, then you're save with her, more than with the others sometimes. Because she lacks some of the human emotion and if you don't be in her "enemy" list, then you must be a friend. Something between doesn't exist.
  • Luna will be hurt if she find out that the MC spied on her. Nothing other make sense for me here. Surely the MC can explain why he had made his moves and because of the past Luna will understand the why - and don't kill him because of this and the oath. But she still will be hurt and need some time and effort form both of you to accept it and repair the loss of trust she has suffered because of this.
  • Isabel most likely be furious, yet she's the hardest for me to "predict". I think, she will need some time and sisterly love from Luna and Gracie, mabye some encouraging words from Cordia or some deep explanation from Wilfred, but I don't think her warth will take long to settle done. Or she could snap out, tell Antonio about it, then he will snap out and if none other interfer and hold him back, you go direct to where the fish live: Go straight to death, don't pass Go, do not collect Luna or any other love interest.:p

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Not yet, she [Eiza] hasn't had enough screen time to put her in the same league as the love interests. At the moment she's still firmly in side character friendzone.
Would be willing to promote her to "friendzone with benefitzone" though ...

Internet discussions without flaming.
Not allowed to happen.

MODS!!!!! HELP NEEDED!!!! We need insults, some ad personam non sequiturs, and Filius Facepalmii!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
For me it is obvious clear that Wilfred know about the spy device. And for his persona he personly have given the MC the packet with the device in it. If he didn't know it better he would also joke about it as he has done with every other parcel the MC has ordered and received.
Thus if Wilfred knows it then Cordia too. Also it would be weird and insrutable if a new person like the MC would be put in the main house without some kind of observation. For myself it is crystal clear that Wilfred knows every move the MC has done and planned. Maybe this will change in the future but in the current state he is no match for him.

For the possible threads of the MC regarding the spy devices or general:
  • Wilfred and Cordia are the ones with the most power behind them. I also see Wilfred above Cordia. He trained her, now his her right and left hand and have never stopped to guid her or act in what he seems is the best for her. I would bet, he would stop her even with some force, if he believe it is for necessary for her in the long run and somehow I believe he would be succesful. Yet both of them acted as they belief of the MC and will guiding him to his future role. So to really terminate him, seems highly unlikely. The whole Cordia kissing scene act as proof for this point.
  • Gracie is unstable. As others pointed out quite sure the most intellligent of the cast by a fair margin. Yet she lacks in all other department. For her to discover the spy device she will be hurt, not in first line because of the MC, but because he outsmarted her.
    As I've wrote before if she didn't snap out, then you're save with her, more than with the others sometimes. Because she lacks some of the human emotion and if you don't be in her "enemy" list, then you must be a friend. Someting between doesn't exist.
  • Luna will be hurt if she find out that the MC spied on her. Nothing other make sense for me here. Surely the MC can explain why he had made his moves and because of the past Luna will understand the why - and don't kill him because of this and the oath. But she still will be hurt and need some time and effort form both of you to accept it and repair the loss of trust she has suffered because of this.
  • Isabel most likely be furious, yet she's the hardest for me to "predict". I think, she will need some time and sisterly love from Luna and Gracie, mabye some encouraging words from Cordia or some deep explanation from Wilfred, but I don't think her warth will take long to settle done. Or she could snap out, tell Antonio about it, then he will snap out and if none other interfer and hold him back, you go direct to where the fish live: Go straight to death, don't pass Go, do not collect Luna or any other love interest.:p
Agreed. If the bugs were found out, I think with Cordia, probably her reaction towards the MC would be disappointed, though perhaps would be understanding (like she did when she caught MC in her office "I don't approve of your actions, but I understand.") depending on whether it's camera or audio bug.
With audio, I can see her being lenient, with camera, I can see her being strict on MC (given that he can peek on her daughters' rooms lol) and even give punishment (with 0.07, I might just make 2 saves, one with camera, and one with audio).
But even with punishment, I'm kinda doubting it will be severe. Cordia really seems to have a soft spot for MC (with her friendship with MC's mom Rina, and the possible mysterious relationship with MC's father).

With exception of Wilfred, Gracie is the most intelligent character I believe. But I think compared to Luna, she fails to read the mood or intentions of characters (such as when MC didn't want to go too much into his childhood in beachhouse prison event, she tried to push him saying "We have time." Luna had to intervene saying "Gracie! He said he'll talk about it another time!" Also, there's Jalen's event as well, where Luna understood the true meaning behind Jalen's warning, whereas Gracie just took it as threat towards the family).
Just comes to show while highly intelligent, Gracie has a long way to go in terms of social understanding.

Luna, I think may be mix between hurt and angry. But I think MC reached a milestone with her in terms of relationship (evolving possibly from "very good friends" to "love"), so I think he'll be forgiven.

Agree that Isabel is most tricky to predict.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes