LaraWolfe

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Yeah, if MC gets caught with the bugs, the audio recorders have a lot more plausible defence for him (similar to when he got caught red-handed by Cordia trying to find his contract in her office), and I think Cordia & Wilfred would be lenient on him (they would disapprove, but understand).

But with the cameras, I can see them be less forgiving (though I don't think Cordia and Wilfred would really care about the camera in Cordia's office), with the whole "peeping tom" aspect on the girls' rooms.

That's why with 0.07 (where we need to start back from the beginning), I'm making 2 saves. One for audio, one for camera. Don't know whether there will be story consequence with these bugs (only Hopes know that), but you never know.
I'm just going to make sure to put a save on like page 20 of the saves right before I choose cameras again.

I do agree that things are getting too risky and MC should take down the recording devices before things get too hot and MC gets caught.

Reactions: JJJ84

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
MC is forced to stay with the Family, yes, But this isn't the standard contract. From the very beginning, he's been basically treated with kindness and respect than their other run-of-the-mill employees under contract.
And yes, they were total strangers in the beginning, but MC through spending time with the DeLucas, have gained affection (Luna, Gracie, Isabel) or respect (Cordia, Wilfred) from the characters.

He's not their blood, but by spending time with them like a member of the Family, MC is learning more about the Family as more story is revealed. Same for the DeLucas as well. They are also learning more about the MC as days go by (regarding his character, what he's capable of etc) getting closer to him (not just the girls & Cordia, but Wilfred and Antonio as well).

Regarding Cordia being disappointed, well disappointment does not always necessarily result in anger (sometimes it can, but other times it doesn't). One can have affection/respect for another person, and yet be disappointed by an action that person did, without resorting to being mad or angry about it.
Yes, all true, but besides the point, since the bugs where planted at the begging of the game before any feelings developed, also, it doesn't matter if it wasn't a normal contract, he is a prisoner non the less, he didn't want to be part of this life, he was good where he was, so yes although it being a weird contract has allowed the situation to come to where it is, but it doesn't change the fact that he is a prisoner to it

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yes, all true, but besides the point, since the bugs where planted at the begging of the game before any feelings developed, also, it doesn't matter if it wasn't a normal contract, he is a prisoner non the less, he didn't want to be part of this life, he was good where he was, so yes although it being a weird contract has allowed the situation to come to where it is, but it doesn't change the fact that he is a prisoner to it
From MC's point of view, in the beginning everyone was a complete stranger, but from Cordia's point of view, I think there is certain degree of affection/respect that already exists towards the MC that didn't exist with the other members of the Family.

She's the one who orders MC to be treated well (to everyone's confusion), and it's due to her wishes that MC gets to dine together with the rest of the Family members. She even asks to MC there how he feels and whether he's been treated well.

She could have just given him a meal and told him to eat by himself (or with other typical "employees under contract" of DeLucas) without joining the Family for dinner because he's not their blood.
Also, there's the fact that Antonio mentions that Cordia was furious to find out someone tried to poison the MC as well.

Perhaps this soft spot Cordia has for MC has to do with her own past friendship with MC's mom Rina. Or it could also be her mysterious past with MC's father. We won't know until much later. But it's certain Cordia went through great lengths to make sure MC is treated well.

Don't know about you, but for me, I'm getting the feeling the whole "Forced Contract" with the MC is just semantics to her to keep MC around (though I just don't think there's any nefarious plan in design regarding the MC from her to be honest).

As to why Cordia would be disappointed? Well, you can only be disappointed in someone when you know that person, and you have certain expectations regarding that person. Cordia is finding out more about MC with him spending time with everyone in the Family, and with her free-roam event approaching (possibly after Eiza's sister story update is done? Though who knows), she will spend more time with MC and get closer with him.
If Cordia caught a run-of-the-mill employee who was using bugs to spy on the Family, then she wouldn't care about the employee at all (unless that person was close to Cordia herself), & would have no problem seeing the person eliminated.

But it's MC that is being looked at here. I just see the whole "He is a prisoner" aspect of the forced contract as mere technicality at this point.
And with MC basically developing great relationship with all the girls (including Cordia), if MC gets caught doing something she (Cordia) does not approve, I think she'd be disappointed (if the player chose audio, she'd be more understanding, and while disappointed, may be more forgiving like her catching MC red-handed in her office situation.

Though if the player chose the cameras, I doubt she'll be as lenient especially with MC going "peeping Tom" mode on her girls).

p.s. I think I'm just gonna leave this debate here. It was fun and all, but I think we're basically going around in circles with this. And I'd rather finish this with "Let's just agree to disagree."

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
From MC's point of view, in the beginning everyone was a complete stranger, but from Cordia's point of view, I think there is certain degree of affection/respect that already exists towards the MC that didn't exist with the other members of the Family.

She's the one who orders MC to be treated well (to everyone's confusion), and it's due to her wishes that MC gets to dine together with the rest of the Family members. She even asks to MC there how he feels and whether he's been treated well.

She could have just given him a meal and told him to eat by himself (or with other typical "employees under contract" of DeLucas) without joining the Family for dinner because he's not their blood.
Also, there's the fact that Antonio mentions that Cordia was furious to find out someone tried to poison the MC as well.

Perhaps this soft spot Cordia has for MC has to do with her own past friendship with MC's mom Rina. Or it could also be her mysterious past with MC's father. We won't know until much later. But it's certain Cordia went through great lengths to make sure MC is treated well.

Don't know about you, but for me, I'm getting the feeling the whole "Forced Contract" with the MC is just semantics to her to keep MC around (though I just don't think there's any nefarious plan in design regarding the MC from her to be honest).

As to why Cordia would be disappointed? Well, you can only be disappointed in someone when you know that person, and you have certain expectations regarding that person. Cordia is finding out more about MC with him spending time with everyone in the Family, and with her free-roam event approaching (possibly after Eiza's sister story update is done? Though who knows), she will spend more time with MC and get closer with him.
If Cordia caught a run-of-the-mill employee who was using bugs to spy on the Family, then she wouldn't care about the employee at all (unless that person was close to Cordia herself), & would have no problem seeing the person eliminated.

But it's MC that is being looked at here. I just see the whole "He is a prisoner" aspect of the forced contract as mere technicality at this point.
And with MC basically developing great relationship with all the girls (including Cordia), if MC gets caught doing something she (Cordia) does not approve, I think she'd be disappointed (if the player chose audio, she'd be more understanding, and while disappointed, may be more forgiving like her catching MC red-handed in her office situation.

Though if the player chose the cameras, I doubt she'll be as lenient especially with MC going "peeping Tom" mode on her girls).
Again, you are arguing from the present perspective, and about Cordia, if she was so callous as to not be able to empathize with the Mc, which she isn't as proven by the scene when she finds him in her office, and as I said in a previous post, logically speaking a camera is better because you capture hidden compartments, faces, documents, etc... I'm not saying she shouldn't be upset, or wouldn't be, but that if she stops to think about it, she won't be for long, and as far as she was shown, she is rather logical, well, not when it is about Luna, but that is a whole other monster.

And yes, the contract is obviously just a way to keep him there, I don't think there is I'll intent, I'm just talking from the past perspective, and Mc's at that, from present-day I get the feeling that the contract is something the Mc's mother might have very well requested to keep him safe from someone from her's and Cordia's past. Or because she knew she was about to die and wanted Cordia to take care of him, or at least finish his training.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Again, you are arguing from the present perspective, and about Cordia, if she was so callous as to not be able to empathize with the Mc, which she isn't as proven by the scene when she finds him in her office, and as I said in a previous post, logically speaking a camera is better because you capture hidden compartments, faces, documents, etc... I'm not saying she shouldn't be upset, or wouldn't be, but that if she stops to think about it, she won't be for long, and as far as she was shown, she is rather logical, well, not when it is about Luna, but that is a whole other monster.

And yes, the contract is obviously just a way to keep him there, I don't think there is I'll intent, I'm just talking from the past perspective, and Mc's at that, from present-day I get the feeling that the contract is something the Mc's mother might have very well requested to keep him safe from someone from her's and Cordia's past. Or because she knew she was about to die and wanted Cordia to take care of him, or at least finish his training.
Like I said in the previous reply,

182f3e3501af76c2fb3ed8e0f844fc72.jpg

Reactions: TundraLupus

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Been going through gallery replays of the game lately, and some interesting tidbits about Cynthia, aka "Queen C."

- One of DeLuca Family's 4 Serpents
- According to Gottardo, only her, along with Wilfred knows "Serpent"'s true name (though I'm getting the feeling he's a little bit misinformed there, if my suspicion that Rina's ex-fiance = "Serpent" turns out to be true. If that's the case, Cordia would know also).
- She is Luna's teacher.
- Luna is aspiring to be like her in the future (gruesome & vile).
- She gives Gracie relationship advices.
- Gracie wears her old Serpent uniform to the beach prison event.
- She warns Gottardo that he talks too much.
- She went to a formal event in dress and high heels accompanying Cordia.
- According to Hopes (as answer to one of my previous questions), one word to describe her personality is "Wild."

She hasn't even made her debut yet, and there's a lot of information that is laid out already about her that gets me excited for her.

Compared to her, there seems to be little to no information told about the 4th Serpent yet, other than according to Hopes, the personality to describe this Serpent is "Evil."

I don't know, for some reason, I'm thinking perhaps the character may be similar to Kramer from Saw franchise with all his death traps (or I could be totally off the mark, who knows).

I wonder whether we'll see other characters mentioning the 4th Serpent like with Cynthia, or whether he/she'll remain shrouded in mystery/mystery until the actual reveal.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I have a feeling by the end of this we'll be killing those serpents.

Cordia says the old ones betrayed her.

History has a habit of repeating itself.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have a feeling by the end of this we'll be killing those serpents.

Cordia says the old ones betrayed her.

History has a habit of repeating itself.
Giacobbe does say "Serpents" betrayed Cordia, but it's a bit unclear whether it was all the Serpents, or just MC's mom Rina, and his father (with "Serpent" i.e. Rina's ex-fiance siding with Cordia from beginning).

It could possibly be that "Serpent" originally sided with betrayers, but later switched sides to the betrayed (Cordia), hence he hides his face partly to cover his identity, but also partly due to his shame for his past act.

Guess without the flashbacks exploring this, it would be difficult to know.

Not sure about killing of the Serpents to be honest. If they do die, I'd prefer for them to go out in a blaze of glory rather than us having to kill them for something like betrayal.

If they do perish, well the Family already has 3 candidates who are either aiming for Serpent, or actually has Serpent level potential (MC, Luna, Gracie, not sure who 4th would be).

Serves them right for calling themselves the serpents.

Next team should be the puppy tigers. Everybody loves tigers and everybody love puppies. Win-win!
Well considering that the Family's symbol is Serpent itself, just imagine having puppy tigers symbols on their chest lol (from soldado onwards)

Not sure about the second generation ("Serpent", Gottardo, Cynthia, 4th Serpent), but with the first generation (Cordia, Rina, "Serpent", MC's dad), if I remember correctly (as mentioned by Cordia to MC) it was their enemies that started calling them that, and they didn't give that name themselves.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
(MC, Luna, Gracie, not sure who 4th would be).
I have 2 theories.

1 is Joey. Overlooked to point of hilarity despite the fact he managed to sneak into a highly defended position with Gracie and completely screw up their defense.

2 is MC's friend from the the other family. Something tells me there is more to him.

The games art shows the 3 girls and MC but I have a hard time seeing Isabel as the 4th unless teasing is considered a special ability.

Unless it's Cordia again.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well considering that the Family's symbol is Serpent itself, just imagine having puppy tigers symbols on their chest lol (from soldado onwards)

Not sure about the second generation ("Serpent", Gottardo, Cynthia, 4th Serpent), but with the first generation (Cordia, Rina, "Serpent", MC's dad), if I remember correctly (as mentioned by Cordia to MC) it was their enemies that started calling them that, and they didn't give that name themselves.
I know, but what was first? the symbol or the nickname?
The games art shows the 3 girls and MC but I have a hard time seeing Isabel as the 4th unless teasing is considered a special ability.
Totally worked against me!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have 2 theories.

1 is Joey. Overlooked to point of hilarity despite the fact he managed to sneak into a highly defended position with Gracie and completely screw up their defense.

2 is MC's friend from the the other family. Something tells me there is more to him.

If I was a betting man, I'd probably put my money on Jalen (MC's friend). He's already a hardened Capo going through the of his own Kaskar Family, so seems like a perfect fit. But not sure whether it's possible when his Family is still around (if his whole Family gets wiped out by the enemies, then that would be a different story).

I don't like underestimating characters, but from what's been shown Isabel doesn't seem to have any talent or potential in terms becoming a Serpent (come to think of it, doesn't she have like zero field experience? That's even less than Gracie).

But she might do well regarding managing of the Family's money, resources etc, matters which require a manager.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I know, but what was first? the symbol or the nickname?
The game doesn't specifically say, but my guess is, the nickname came first.

Following is my theory:

1) Cordia, Rina (MC's mom), "Serpent", MC's dad all became friends at some point and also fight together, so their enemies start calling them "The four Serpents"
2) They amass enough power to form and become the 4 founders of The DeLuca Family (and Serpent becomes the Family's symbol) [according to Giocabbe, there were 4 founders of DeLuca Family]
3) Not long after the Family is formed, they have a big falling out (over a matter), and Cordia gets betrayed.
4) "Serpent" either sides with Cordia from beginning or switches to her side sometime during the whole conflict/war.
5) During this war, MC, Luna, Gracie are born

This theory is just my conjecture, but we're possibly getting the Lore section in 0.07, so if that happens, if might help understand more as to what happened.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I have 2 theories.

I am really interested what'll happen with Joey. There is a good chance he is just a joke character (lethal as in Monty Python's "funniest joke in the world" style) which will appear from time to time to lighten the mood of those recognizing him (i. e. nobody). But I see a chance that he'll be some kind of evil boss towards the end of the storyline, having infiltrated the family for nefarious purposes.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes