JayceMeme

May 30, 2020
Uh.. in Ren'Py you just launch the new update and it will take your saves from your persistent folder. You don't have to worry about overwriting any old saves.
Thanks for the quick response! And sorry if I'm being an super uber noob, but how do I go about doing that? Do I download this new version and copy paste to my old version in Renpy folder?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Hey HopesGaming, I hope you've been well (it seems the Filius are still up to no good though :LOL:)

I haven't seen the sneak peek, but from what you're saying (and your excitement with it), it does get me really excited about what's to come in 0.07.

My questions today are specifically regarding weapons (which get equipped to MC).

1) Right now, weapons only change stats of MC, but in the future, will they be something more with them? I mean, will they influence not just stats, but perhaps give variations in gameplay possibly?

2) The tournaments which Luna mentions in Beach prison event (and I remember her also mentioning winners get prizes, whether it's money or rare weapons), is that seed planted ;) for possible future events (plus possible cool weapons MC can get his hands on, even though at that point he expressed no interest in participation for such tournaments)?

3) Is there any plans for TJ the gunsmith?
For the Musala Hill event, Luna goes to meet TJ, who she says does "amazing work on some guns."
What are the chances that MC meets TJ (through introduction by Luna) in the future & gets his own custom gun? Perhaps it's just me, but I think it would be quite fun if TJ offers MC variety of guns (which the player can choose to buy) that each gun offers something unique in terms of combat gameplay.
Or is TJ like Isabel's parents (there to just flesh out Luna's character, and her love of guns and weapons in particular)?

4) Will there be any weapons that impact the story itself in some way (like Luna's favorite knife, or Gottardo's flail etc) for MC?
1) Not sure. Depends on how hard it is to do and if it is worth the time etc. Only the future will tell on this part.

2) The tournament is something I still have planned for the game! The hows I am not 100% sure off yet. I got some ideas tho.

3)No current plans with TJ. I didn't even think about him tbh. But now I do! May actually add him haha

4)Maybe!

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Er... We going shounen jump style? ;) I hope not if possible
The game has always been over the top (anime/John Wick/Comic etc style). The serpents, rollerskates, Luna fight, the extreme jumps and more.
Hell, one of the reasons I tried my best to have the beach prison content in the 0.01 was to show people as early as possible the style the game was with serpents killing everyone singlehandedly and Luna jumping like she is on the moon.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The game has always been over the top (anime/John Wick/Comic etc style). The serpents, rollerskates, Luna fight, the extreme jumps and more.
Hell, one of the reasons I tried my best to have the beach prison content in the 0.01 was to show people as early as possible the style the game was with serpents killing everyone singlehandedly and Luna jumping like she is on the moon.
This is a question I've been a bit curious with lately:

1) How often have you had situations where fans like us were dangerously getting close to guessing how things will actually unfold in game, with their theories?
And when they are close/really close, or 100% same, what thoughts generally go through your mind?
Have/do you get any temptation to change the direction (from your original plan) when this is the case (when fans get close in theories)?

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

1) How often have you had situations where fans like us were dangerously getting close to guessing how things will actually unfold in game, with their theories?
And when they are close/really close, or 100% same, what thoughts generally go through your mind?
Have/do you get any temptation to change the direction (from your original plan) when this is the case (when fans get close in theories)?
There is an underlying problem with your question. If he says we are often right, we will start wondering what we are guessing right, making all future development less impactful.
If he says we are not right and says the truth, we will star looking for something else, discarding all ideas. If he says we are not right and lie we will later be disappointe that it did happened as we expected.

Best thing he can do in my opinion is not answer :D

Dec 20, 2019
Yea, and a competition to exhibit the full spectrum of characters? (Like battle mangas such as Naruto, Dragonball etc, to prolong the serialization and to have a chance to intro the vast collection of characters) ;)

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

I had some really fun to read theories both here and at the theory channel at my discord.
I always find it interesting to read. There is a common theme with people that theorize a lot that they think I laugh at their talks and theories but I never have and find it awesome to read. Guess it's because we are used to theorizing about big movies and books where we know that the authors never look. But here there is a bit more closeness between the author and the readers.

If I would ever change it? No. There is a great video out there with George RR martin about theories and changing it based on what the theories are. To simplify- it would lead to plot holes and inconsistences.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Yea, and a competition to exhibit the full spectrum of characters? (Like battle mangas such as Naruto, Dragonball etc, to prolong the serialization and to have a chance to intro the vast collection of characters) ;)
I'm not sure if I understand.
But the characters will not go that far like in those series. It still follows this created univers rules.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
There is an underlying problem with your question. If he says we are often right, we will start wondering what we are guessing right, making all future development less impactful.
If he says we are not right and says the truth, we will star looking for something else, discarding all ideas. If he says we are not right and lie we will later be disappointe that it did happened as we expected.

Best thing he can do in my opinion is not answer :D
I was half expecting him to say "No comment," but with HopesGaming, he's always answered my questions sincerely with honesty, and he did with this one as well, and I always appreciate his candor & being always open to his fans (because I know I ask many questions compared to some other fans, and sometimes for Devs when a fan asks too many questions it can feel like a handful)

These days, I'm trying out some other new adult games here and there, but it just doesn't feel the same as DeLuca (Hopes, I think you've spoiled us with this game :LOL: )

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I was half expecting him to say "No comment," but with HopesGaming, he's always answered my questions sincerely with honesty, and he did with this one as well, and I always appreciate his candor & being always open to answering my questions (because I know I ask many questions compared to some other fans, and sometimes for Devs when a fan asks too many questions it can feel like a handful)

These days, I'm trying out some other new adult games here and there, but it just doesn't feel the same as DeLuca (Hopes, I think you've spoiled us with this game :LOL: )
I can suggest a few if you want.

Reactions: JJJ84

Dec 20, 2019
I'm not sure if I understand.
But the characters will not go that far like in those series. It still follows this created univers rules.
No worries. It's just an example that I can think of. It's just a sub genre of shounen manga out there. I am happy to hear that you already have your story board planned out.

Reactions: HopesGaming

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
There is a common theme with people that theorize a lot that they think I laugh at their talks and theories but I never have and find it awesome to read.
I have found my purpose, I will actively attempt to make theories that do make you laugh at them, and what better subject to theorize on than the mysterious identity of the MC's father...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes