JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
To be honest, I didn't even know there was a fan wikia (lol).

It seems the default surname (if no specific name is chosen by player) is "Messana." (hence Hope Messana as default). Not sure whether that is his father's surname or his mother (Rina)'s maiden surname.

Though I'm not sure it even really matters anymore with MC being renamed Hope DeLuca, with the whole Soldado promotion event with the Omerta.

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
To be honest, I didn't even know there was a fan wikia (lol).

It seems the default surname (if no specific name is chosen by player) is "Messana." (hence Hope Messana as default). Not sure whether that is his father's surname or his mother (Rina)'s maiden surname.

Though I'm not sure it even really matters anymore with MC being renamed Hope DeLuca, with the whole Soldado promotion event with the Omerta.
I try have all ready before next update

Reactions: SuperLYC and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hey HopesGaming, hope you and all the fellow DeLuca soldiers out there are well, and keeping safe with current trying times (with the ongoing pandemic and all).

Today, my 2 questions are regarding the "Freeroam" gameplay:

1) Regarding freeroam, would you ever consider having it available outside the house (but within DeLuca estate) as well? So far, we've had girls always being either in their own rooms or in the living room, but I was wondering if you would be open to having MC roam around outside the building (but still within the estate boundaries, i.e. within the fence) sometimes, for a bit of variation.

For example, perhaps when MC is roaming around the DeLuca estate's gardens (which we saw a glimpse of in the first introduction event with both Luna & Gracie), he would see the following (and interact with the girls for their sidequests):

- Gracie sitting under a tree reading one of her books (or something else)?
- Luna, instead of doing maintenance on her guns in her room, we might see her training her hand to hand combat skills (punches, kicks, jumps, acrobatic flips) on a sunny day working up a sweat (or other activities that she may like to do on her spare time)?
- Isabel, one of the activities she might do is to have those outdoor yoga mats and ask MC to join her etc?
- Perhaps even Cordia likes to stroll around her gardens every now and then?

2) Is there any chance following places become available in freeroam in the future?

- Cordia's bedroom in the DeLuca estate (would love to see what her bedroom looks like)
- Cordia's bakery (it's a bit unconventional yes, with it outside the estate area [being in the market place] but despite that it's one of those places that I'd love to have MC visit during Cordia's sidequests. Actually, with that said, what are your thoughts on expanding freeroam range to the entire town of Lucania? Too much work, or is it something you'd be interested in?)

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Hey HopesGaming, hope you and all the fellow DeLuca soldiers out there are well, and keeping safe with current trying times (with the ongoing pandemic and all).

Today, my 2 questions are regarding the "Freeroam" gameplay:

1) Regarding freeroam, would you ever consider having it available outside the house (but within DeLuca estate) as well? So far, we've had girls always being either in their own rooms or in the living room, but I was wondering if you would be open to having MC roam around outside the building (but still within the estate boundaries, i.e. within the fence) sometimes, for a bit of variation.

For example, perhaps when MC is roaming around the DeLuca estate's gardens (which we saw a glimpse of in the first introduction event with both Luna & Gracie), he would see the following (and interact with the girls for their sidequests):

- Gracie sitting under a tree reading one of her books (or something else)?
- Luna, instead of doing maintenance on her guns in her room, we might see her training her hand to hand combat skills (punches, kicks, jumps, acrobatic flips) on a sunny day working up a sweat (or other activities that she may like to do on her spare time)?
- Isabel, one of the activities she might do is to have those outdoor yoga mats and ask MC to join her etc?
- Perhaps even Cordia likes to stroll around her gardens every now and then?

2) Is there any chance following places become available in freeroam in the future?

- Cordia's bedroom in the DeLuca estate (would love to see what her bedroom looks like)
- Cordia's bakery (it's a bit unconventional yes, with it outside the estate area [being in the market place] but despite that it's one of those places that I'd love to have MC visit during Cordia's sidequests. Actually, with that said, what are your thoughts on expanding freeroam range to the entire town of Lucania? Too much work, or is it something you'd be interested in?)
1) no concrete plans for that at the moment. The goal has always been to have it as simple as possible and not having the player wandering from hundreds of rooms and places just to see an event.
This is one of the downfalls of sandbox imo, and why I also have the girls standing the same spot always.
But but but, I plan to have some variations based on progress.
If you're far enough with Luna she may do something else than maintenance and a few more locations may be added and she can end up there (like your examples)
But, it won't be too complex. I like sandbox to be easy to navigate and progress with.

2)

Cordia's bedroom - yes.
Cordia's Bakery - to be seen.

The entire Lucania fall unto the problems I mentioned before. It would add a lot of empty space.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Well, I just finished my first playthrough of this. I have to say, top tier story. I'm am ridiculously invested in Luna's story, to the point that I was actually a bit upset when I got to the end of available content for her. Gracie's and Isabel's stories are also top-notch but didn't engage me as much as Luna's did, probably because Gracie creeps me out. I can see possible outcomes for failure in terms of Gracie and they aren't fun in the least.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
update coming soon?
It will be coming when it's ready.
From what I remember, Hopes generally makes an announcement about a week before the actual release.

Waiting for DeLuca is never easy, but there's other games to keep me occupied before then (also I̶'̶m̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶u̶p̶d̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶B̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶A̶ ̶D̶I̶K̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶).

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes