wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
I have no problem with his opinion. I myself would have preferred if all the girls from Luna's past were alive.
I have a problem with the way he enforce his opinion: Everyone else does not understand it (including the developer), only he sees it correctly.
I kind of hope all of them are dead. Ever since seeing Luna's BG I've been slightly afraid that the Mysterious Six turned at least one of them into a mind controlled super soldier or something similar that we will have to deal with on a mission. Those poor girls have all suffered enough.

Reactions: Warped77

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
About the current discussion;

The 'issue' as I see is that BadWarThunder reply seemed a bit demanding and people took a bit of issue with that statement.
Which is understandable (and as the dev I appreciate that!)
With that said, it's clear for me that badWarThunder did not mean it as demanding and 'you have to do this' but rather just an opinion, and I always welcome those. So, no harm done.

To give a quick answer on it;

I can certainly see why it would seem like it and it can of course be argued that it can be removed.
But from the point of me when I wrote it, it is essential. All the deaths and 'dark' points are not just some accumulated darkness points where it'd be fine to remove some parts here and there as the accumulated darkness point is enough.
Rather, all the deaths and moments have different reasons and impacts.

Birthday wishes that lead to the death of a close friend. Luna believes that this was her fault because she wanted the birthday so much. Gaia part - she feels like it was her weak state of mind (being sad of Sofia's dead) that lead to Gaia breaking, but also a mean to give the feeling of betrayal and trust issue (Viola seemed scary at first where Gaia 'saved' her. But in the end, Viola saves Luna from Gaia. This twist her whole world of who is right and wrong and who can be trusted and not)

And I can go on for each dark points. But as a reader it is more fun to try to read into these things yourself than having me go on and on, heh.
But, I can't just say "Well, that means Sofia's part just have to be there" because, of course, it could be removed. But I do not wish for it due to the things mentioned above.

About the comedy part. That is the only part I would actually say you are wrong on. My game is not meant to be comedy. It just contain comedy elements.

Hope this answers some of your questions and just show you a bit from my point of view.
And remember to respect each other guys! :)

Holy cow, this was a great surprise to wake up to. Gotta say, it's a wonderful time to be a DeLuca fan!

So HopesGaming here's some questions:

1) Is the blue highlighted spot (#18. Luna's hideout) meaning that's MC's current location? Or is that the objective/goal where MC needs to head to?

2) Where are the following locations on the map? (my guesses in brackets)

- The jewelery shop that MC & the elites accompanied Isabel, Luna, Gracie to (part of the market place?)
- The place where MC talks & fully reconciles with Isabel after the Filius event (not sure where this place is, to be honest)
- "The Cave" restaurant where MC takes Luna on their date (outside Lucania's zone, since LaGamma, where MC & Luna had their little competition in the end of that event sits on the most left edge of the map)

3) Wilfred does not live in the mansion with the family, so where on the map are his quarters? Is his quarters still considered part of the "estate" or is it a separate area on the map (secret?)?

4) So how likely is it for us to see these characters in new gameplay of the Contracts section in the main story? Any cameos or appearances of them with one or two lines possible (something like for example MC with Luna and Gracie visits Gina's Tavern & Gina says to Hi to MC)?
Like you said, not expecting them to have big (or even moderate) roles even if they cross over to the main story.

5) This question is sort of related to question 4. (Not sure whether you can answer this without it being spoilers, but) will we be seeing the retired Capo Vincent (who appeared in the main game's Isabel & Gracie reconciliation event), in any of these revamped contracts?

6) I remember asking you before whether you were interested in doing a full Lucania map, and I think your reply then was it's something that might be too much work, but you'd still be interested in implementing in the future saying it could be fun (if possible).
Map like this, while not exact, still is very close to what I imagined, so I must say, I'm really happy for you with this new gameplay, & grateful as well.

7) Any chance we can get a map like this, but for the DeLuca estate? Would love to know where each of these places (and more, such as Cordia's bedroom, etc) are located in the mansion and get the feel how expansive the estate is:

- MC's room
- Dining area
- Living room
- Luna's room
- Gracie's room
- Antonio & Isabel's room
- Bathroom which Luna & Gracie blew up with the pink paint bomb
- Don's Office
- Wilfred's quarters (if considered part of "estate" as in previous question)

8) Wilfred says to MC in the introduction event:

"You are free to upgrade the bathroom and your room as you desire, as long as it doesn't cause disturbance with rest of the house."

Any thoughts on giving players some options to customize/decorate their bedroom & bathroom (as Wilfred says)? e.g. placing of collected objects, such as weapons, trophies, books etc or even something substantial (don't know what exactly, just change that is much more tangible than placing of objects).

I'm thinking something similar to player's Geralt customizing the Corvo Bianco estate in The Witcher 3 Blood & Wine expansion, but in much smaller scale.

9) If it's not much of a spoiler, please sum in one sentence each, of how Battista feels about the following subjects :ROFLMAO::LOL: :

"Old Testament"

"New Testament"

10) Not a question, but here's hoping after Eiza's sister arc is done (and you get your well earned break), you can give us a bit of taste/tease of future Cordia content soon!

It is simply a secret location that requires a high stat to be able to access (makes more sense once you play the new gameplay). But also, it is for the future.

The Jewelry shop is outside town. To be honest, haven't a specific location on that part as that was more a transition area. But maybe added to a known town/area in the future.

The Isa white bird area - also an area that is not from a specific part. Meant as a story releated point rather lore containing. Tho, again, may be added to a known location in the future (during a game play etc)

The cave is outside the map area of Lucania (but still very close) the La Gamma is actually a bit far from the cave but with some game logic, we skipped a long transition between the places, heh.

Wilfred's hibernation location is a secret!
Tho do note, on the map where it says DeLuca Estate. it is just showcasing where their house is. But that does not only mean it is their house in that area. Also other, more wealthy, houses at that location.
Same with the marketplace. Contains a lot of different shops etc.

Many of the important people from the gameplay will have renders and will also appear during normal side events or main storyline (less chance on this).
The nuns got created during the gameplay creation. They are mostly at the gameplay section but are now going to appear during the save eizas sister event and will not just be BG characters.

Yup

Glad ya like it!

Could actually be fun with a map like that for the house. Maybe even be used as a contract.
But low priority for now.

8. I added the line because I actually planned for that.
But now, I am not sure as it would break the immersion a bit. Especially if the changes end up drastically change the look.
Why? Because when I make a render in that room I have to make several versions of the room. So a very small event with like 20-30 renders will now have to be several hundred (depending of the amount of customization ofc)
The second option is just to have customization show up during the free-roaming part. But any renders will remove it. But again, would ruin immersion.

"The DeLuca Testament"

Maybe :) !

Can we get more of a hint instead of quest name... I dont like the requirement of a guide* I like a quest list with a mini (information) button that says... morning - bedroom or something similar just solves all the hubbub.
Hm? Like what?
Right now there is-
Required quests, time of day, and room location.
(Not all have time of day and/or room location but that just mean it's in the location where they usually are at)

Another part is that all the girls only have like 3 locations there are during the day. It is not randomized and they are at the same place every day (done to make it easier)
5 times. Morning, noon (Luna her room), afternoon (Gracie her room), evening (Isabel her room), night.

So, if a quest is white and says it req a quest to be done. The player only have to read what the name of the quest is and then have to go to the room they usually are in (it says if it is in another room)

As a dev, I am not sure how much more I can do to help without it goes to the extreme.

Tho, there are some parts that need to be ironed out (a lot of the 'wait x days' style of events need improvement on the guide)

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
I kind of hope all of them are dead. Ever since seeing Luna's BG I've been slightly afraid that the Mysterious Six turned at least one of them into a mind controlled super soldier or something similar that we will have to deal with on a mission. Those poor girls have all suffered enough.
Agreed. Luna showed exceptional mental strength surviving the ordeal. She may 'not be broken' but you gotta think most other survivors would be.

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
About the current discussion;

The 'issue' as I see is that BadWarThunder reply seemed a bit demanding and people took a bit of issue with that statement.
Which is understandable (and as the dev I appreciate that!)
With that said, it's clear for me that badWarThunder did not mean it as demanding and 'you have to do this' but rather just an opinion, and I always welcome those. So, no harm done.
Thank you Godfather for stopping by and your calming words.
Also for your other comments and of course the game.

Luna ftw!

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I had posted this message originally but some moderator removed it because I was overly aggressive for telling someone to learn English because I could not understand his reply. Anyway, this is to everybody that thought Sofia's death was cute and everything:

I did not mean the entire thing, just that death. It's too much. This isn't a drama. Yes it has some elements of a drama such as the death of that arrogant Fazio dude because of the impact it has on his father but overall this is more like a comedy, it has an enormous amount of funny moments. And Sofia's death kind of ruins the tone since the game is a collection of comedy stuff interrupted by somber apex moments. Sofia's death isn't a somber moment, it's a downright ocean of sadness, misery, pain and despair, too much. Don't forget Luna's staying in the small cage and the abuse and suffering she endured there is what actually scarred her mentally.

NO.
You were affected by the Filius part, now I see. Cool

Reactions: SuperLYC

MrEight

Aug 26, 2019
Is there a soft lock in this? I guess I missed something cause I cannot progress to ch 10 due to not fulfilling "my name is luna", to be quite frank I'm lost on what to do since I've ben persuing her without a guide, do I have to start a new game now? Help because nothing I've tried works, it's literally "You didn't do something important but I won't tell you what or why or how to progress. I will only say you didn't do the thing! Please someone help me.

fons1986

Jun 15, 2020
Let me introduce you to the wonderful invention that's called "the right mouse button". It's the thing your right middle finger or your left index finger usually rests on when one of your hands is on your mouse.

All jokes aside, and I meant no disrespect, right clicking works as the back button in this game iirc.
So.. you couldn't have said that a couple of days earlier?

all joking aside, I did not know that. kinda feel like an ass now.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Is there a soft lock in this? I guess I missed something cause I cannot progress to ch 10 due to not fulfilling "my name is luna", to be quite frank I'm lost on what to do since I've ben persuing her without a guide, do I have to start a new game now? Help because nothing I've tried works, it's literally "You didn't do something important but I won't tell you what or why or how to progress. I will only say you didn't do the thing! Please someone help me.
In Journal (J at the top of the screen)
in the Event log tab

you should find all the necessary requirements to run the individual parts of the story:
Daily time,
place,
scenes that precede.

EDIT: If I misunderstand your problem, try reformulating the question.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Any one give me complete save file ......
Why not play te whole game again ? This is one of the few games that are totaly worth it to be played again.

Anyway, here is the save (Isabelle neotori), exept the last event, decide by yourself how you want to handle the future interactions with her.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes