JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I dont have a problem with not getting an ETA that much. I have a problem with the fact that people give him a 1000$+ a month and having to wait for up to 4 months to get an update that contains only a couple new scenes. Fuck if i could do as little as that and get 1000$+ a month for doing pretty much fuck all i would be insanely happy... Oh and ofc someone is gonna pop in and say: Hes doing it all by himself.... So do many other devs who take up to 3-4 months to release a new update. but their updates contain a lot of new content. As i said many times before... This game has the same potential as some of the biggest adult games on here(Being a DIK,All of Mr Dots games,Where the heart is etc...) but i doubt it will ever get there due to such slow development. Some of those games are much younger than the Deluca Family and have loads more content... Slowly beginning to sound like patreon milking...
Isnt everyone? The only difference is that i would actually give a fuck about the people that pay me 1000$+ and give them a reason to keep up their subscription by giving them something in return. Instead of just making them believe that they just might get something in the future not just breadcrumbs to show that ur still "working" on the game
You keep on saying other games have "loads more content", so I'm just gonna say what you wish to say (but aren't saying explicitly till now), by content you mean sex (full-on sex).

But that's where your misconception lies. This game isn't like other typical adult games where you bang the girls soon after meeting them. The strong narrative, the compelling characters, and MC's relationship with the girls (plus other characters) are part of its charm and its core strength.

Hopes also said that the sex will be coming, but those scenes will arrive when he thinks are the right moments, and not before (and definitely not because a small subset of the players get impatient with him lol). He's been transparent about that since the very beginning, so Hopes is NOT "milking" anybody.

Also as Cartageno mentioned above, definition of Content is really subjective here. For some, Content may be couple of sex scenes in an update that players can fap off to. For others, Content may be strong story, which builds relationship between the characters.
Majority of the fanbase (including myself) for this game is in the latter category (but this does not mean we're not interested in sex scenes, it just means we believe in Hopes vision that it will come at the time appropriate), and if you've been waiting till now for sex only, then this really isn't a game for you.

Even Hopes said from the beginning and he often reminds people when complaints like this arise time and time again the following:

"The sex will be coming, and there will be plenty. But only when it is appropriate and when the time is right. And even with the sex scenes, the story and character driven narrative will still remain the main focus."

This is a niche game. So it's either to your tastes or isn't (and Hopes knows that, and doesn't mind people saying that). But what he (and the fans of the game) doesn't appreciate (and in all honesty think is preposterous) is (a very small number of) people accusing him of not being transparent or milking his Patreons cause that is far from the truth, from what I can tell.

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Some more questions for HopesGaming (gosh, realizing if I compile every single Q by me and A by you man, it might be enough to be compiled into a book by now:LOL::ROFLMAO:. You know I have a hugely curious mind, but still I just want to let you know before I jump into the questions that I always appreciate your candor in response to them).

1) You've said in your previous answer to my Q that there will be instances where Serpents' overall impression (blue hearts) of MC may increase or decrease.
This has me wondering, will their impressions/blue hearts always increase or decrease in unison? I'm asking since Gottardo's line "Some other Serpents and higher ups had their doubts, but not me!", feels like there was disagreement(or difference in opinions at least) between Serpents regarding their initial thoughts/impressions on the MC (prior to beach prison event).

Perhaps it's just me, but I reckon it might be a bit interesting after MC eventually meets all the Serpents, that while in some situations the MC's choice may increase (or decrease) all their impressions (i.e. blue hearts) in unison, in some other situations MC's choice/actions may increase one (or more) of the Serpents' impression (for e.g. "Serpent" or any one of the serpents), but is met with disapproval from the rest of the Serpents (by either no change in blue heart, or even losing a blue heart depending on each serpent's specific personality) to show their sometimes differing reactions to what MC does.

2) Are there any future plans for MC's bathroom for any possible events, even if it's not necessarily for sex (e.g. MC and any of the girls fooling around in the bathroom, which may or may not necessarily lead to some naughty lewd scenes. Perhaps MC even gets back at the she-devils in the bathroom for them throwing him into the dirty water in Isabel's event? :LOL:)?
Or is Cordia's "Don't peek" instruction an obstacle for something like that to happen?

3) Wilfred's life is shrouded in secrecy, but what is one thing about him which is 100% true, but he hates to admit (that fact) to anyone (whether it's a weakness he has [if he even has any], or a habit, hobby, age, guilty pleasure food, or something else?)?

4) So far, only Consiglieres we've seen are Wilfred (DeLucas) & Rutillo (from Fazios. Though I'm not sure whether it was specified he was a Consigliere, the way he speaks and interacts with Wilfred gives me the feeling he's a Consigliere). Will we see more of them as we get introduced to the other Families (rest of the Big 5 and other crime Familes, e.g. Kaskar Family etc)?

5) Gracie says to Luna in "My name is Luna" event that "Uncle's team has been scouting him (MC) since he could barely walk."

Seems to indicate that there's a human resources/scouting team for DeLucas (under Wilfred) for search and scouting talents. Do all the rest of the big 5 and even smaller families have this similar recruiting systems (although perhaps smaller families have a bit less sophisticated recruiting system compared to DeLucas and rest of Big 5?)?

6) In "The Punishment" Beach Prison event, while talking with Luna, and Trino (at DeLuca estate), Gracie says to MC: "I wonder what face you make when you cry."

For Gracie, it was a harmless question out of curiosity plus due to her lack of social relationship skills (and MC dismisses her saying "Stop wondering about weird stuff"), but will there come a time when the girls see MC genuinely feeling down, sad, depressed, vulnerable, or even cry (compared to his normal cheery or grumpy self)?

We saw a possible glimmer of that in "Mother?" event (with Cordia comforting MC with a kiss in her office after he gets a bit sad/conflicted after re-confirming Rina really is his mom), so I do wonder whether that particular range of emotions (sadness?) for MC will get explored more in the future.
So far there won't be any individual impressions. Maybe in the future. One of the things that are better planned once it plays a bigger role.

I think this has been part of the Q&A before. Maybe with someone else, heh.
But yeah. Once the lewd part gets more intense the bathroom will contain lots of funsy situations :)!

He takes unnecessary risks for the sake of entertainment.

Yes, the majority of the Families have such a person. But not always called the same things. The ranks and hierarchies can be a bit different depending on families but mostly the same.

Yes, all Families scout for talents. This is where the more 'fantasy' part of the game plays in. The power levels etc.

Everyone can feel down. Mc as well. And we will get to see that in the future. :)

I still want to know if there is a connection between "Mustache" and "Uncle Mustache."
I did see your last post but I sadly cannot say anything regarding stuff like that as it is more theory stuff :)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
i wanna fuck... i JUST WANNA FUCK!!
There are people out there who will offer that in exchange for some money. If the virtual fuck with some character played by you will suffice, there's plenty of games out there in the world, some may even be found with careful search on this site. If you're waiting for this game to get that far: patience, young padawan.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
There are people out there who will offer that in exchange for some money.
You can get it for free with a little bit of game. Ime, it's not even that fucking hard(granted it took me until about 30 to figure out projecting confidence draws women in).

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You can get it for free with a little bit of game. Ime, it's not even that fucking hard(granted it took me until about 30 to figure out projecting confidence draws women in).
I agree of course, but what I gathered from the post I answered to, that option is not very likely here.

InkFerrari

Sep 18, 2020
Okay I need to speak about this game... I recently discovered and really liked the premise of the contract and all that, I started to like the sisters, the first missions were nice, reaaaally like Luna, don't like a lot Gracie, I HATE that I'm forced to play with Gracie (movie night) without even a choice if I wanted to do it or not, I like her as a friend and that's it, don't want to do this missions for the sake of continuing the main story missions. That's my rant, I just hope to have a choice of stopping the Gracie path, really like the game thought.

Reactions: scalvi

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Okay I need to speak about this game... I recently discovered and really liked the premise of the contract and all that, I started to like the sisters, the first missions were nice, reaaaally like Luna, don't like a lot Gracie, I HATE that I'm forced to play with Gracie (movie night) without even a choice if I wanted to do it or not, I like her as a friend and that's it, don't want to do this missions for the sake of continuing the main story missions. That's my rant, I just hope to have a choice of stopping the Gracie path, really like the game thought.
I feel you. Not in this game but in other games I have the same effect "I hope I could ignore the annoying and ugly character A, but I need to seduce her to get on B's good side and/or move the main plot forward", even in some of my favorite games. However, if a game has an overarcing plot and if the characters and you play a role in it, it is probably unavoidable without writing what amounts to umpteen different stories to get to the same content in the multiple versions of which girls you went how far with.

E. g. if you ignored Gracie, the chemistry between the two of you would be different, so many scenes would have to change somewhat, then again for if you ignored Luna, then if you ignored both. That's already 4 different approaches, not complete rewrites each time, but quite a few lines and new renders without opening plot holes. And that's just the beginning. Assume you were still in Gracie's good graces at "The Punishment" but left them by "I'll protect you", then it would be different from what would happen if you ignored her from the beginning. The only alternative would be cutting any connection and tracebacks off the game altogether, which would mean it would not so much be an overarcing story, more like in early TV series one episode and back to status quo.

Which can be done of course, many of those series are great in their own right, and there's no reason why a VN/sandbox game shouldn't pull it off, either, and some do. But here it is obvious that Hopes is aiming for an overarcing story, so it is unrealistic to have this kind of choice.

InkFerrari

Sep 18, 2020
E. g. if you ignored Gracie, the chemistry between the two of you would be different, so many scenes would have to change somewhat, then again for if you ignored Luna, then if you ignored both. That's already 4 different approaches, not complete rewrites each time, but quite a few lines and new renders without opening plot holes. And that's just the beginning. Assume you were still in Gracie's good graces at "The Punishment" but left them by "I'll protect you", then it would be different from what would happen if you ignored her from the beginning. The only alternative would be cutting any connection and tracebacks off the game altogether, which would mean it would not so much be an overarcing story, more like in early TV series one episode and back to status quo.
Yeah I liked the quests of Gracie, learning how to make friends, going out, but after that is just pure silliness that can't be ignored because it's all lineal with sometimes a red choice that let's you play a bit (which doesn't really do a lot to the story because you are still going to flirt with him), I don't want to ignore Gracie but also don't want to flirt with her, there isn't anything in between, not a choice.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
What Cartageno said.

Also some story wouldn't make sense if you let out some parts of it. And if you weorks your one ass off, you end with a lot paths, variable and renders needed for it. Which means a lot of works goes into different branch of paths and the updates feels smaller, even if the work behind each of them would increase. Also testing more than a few paths tends to be time consuming own its own.

I don't say I wouldn't like it, but I don't really see it possible for the game. If I judge hope correct, he wouldn't be happy with something mediocre. Therefore I believe the amount of work this would needed is something above what hope could do. And foremost I would like to have faster updates before a lot of branching. ;)

Reactions: InkFerrari
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes