Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
lightning doesn't strike the same place twice
Statistically speaking, lightning has a higher chance to fall where it fell before. Otherwise, that would make lightning rods a very bad investment!

How does Alexandra and Haleys Story even compare to each other? Nothing in common!
As story they have nothing to do: one is a standard incest story between twins, the other one is a mafia story with slight hints of other things that I would not mention for spoilers and lack of current development. I would take Alexandra over Haley's every day. Talking about stories, not starting a waifu war.

But writing style is so strong that any time you find a game with Ptolemy as writer you can tell without knowing. Same happen if you play Life with Mary, for example. The one game that feels slightly different is Rebirth, given its theme, but there are hints of his writing style all over the place.

All totally worth it, with Rebirth>Alexandra>Haley's story. Life with mary is finished, so worth to check, but honestly, nothing extraordinary by itself.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Want to see MC from Haley go with Puppy Dog from Alexandra for a night!!!! Ought to be fun!!!

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
DeLuca has the doctor character named "Philly" who comes to check on MC, Gracie, Isabel at the end of the "Blizzard Princess" event (Isabel & Gracie's makeup event at the freezer storage room).
COBD also has an AI character called "Hope" who assists Victoria, one of the LIs to that game.
Man, again you are well informed I hadn't even noticed that gem or put the references together.
Considering Hope the A.I, I remember you have multiple entries to Victoria's apartment and you can "eavesdrop" overhear them talking. Now I wonder if there is another hidden statement/jab what ever there :unsure:
(Just checked, there isn't :ROFLMAO:)

What I was referring to in my post was more of a guest appearance with Luna eating ice cream at the mayors house.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Statistically speaking, lightning has a higher chance to fall where it fell before. Otherwise, that would make lightning rods a very bad investment!
Very true.
With a game like The DeLuca Family, perhaps it's just me, but it feels more natural to have a crossover with a game that is centered on another Crime Family, like Alexandra.

For example, we all know the 4 Serpents frequently travel around (like "Serpent") and take jobs/contracts outside Lucania.
So for instance, it would be pretty cool to have characters like "Serpent" show up to another game, and say DeLucas are in alliance with them & help out.

Though even with above example (as cool as it sounds), I guess there comes 2 big problems:

1) The Serpents are very OP in the whole power level scale
4 Serpents in the game are so powerful that would make a lot of difficulties/challenges presented in other games look like cakewalk. Only 2 solutions to that. Either the other game needs to scale up their characters, or the Serpents need to be nerfed in the crossover.
And neither of them seem like good choices.

2) There just aren't that many mafia or Crime Family adult games around to crossover to.
Only game that I can see that is well into development is Alexandra (though I have a feeling it's slowly getting into the final stretch in terms of narrative as well).
Seen 1 other game mafia game though I'm not sure crossover with that will bode well.

Though I guess this is one of many reasons why DeLuca Family is really special; the genre itself is a rare breed in the adult games, to add to the fact that DeLuca itself is done exceptionally well.

Last edited:

Merenal

May 5, 2017
Can I ask if this game get´s more developmet? I can barley remember in one of his Patreon post saying something about a change.

Sadly I don´t have the passion to dwell in 631 F95 sites or scroll an eternity on his Page.

Please enlight me with your knowlege :D

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
At least one that aren't asking if it abandoned. I take it as a step in the right direction.
As I'm a little bored anyway, I make others happy and don't play with my rockets or explosives.:LOL:

The game is very well in development and from my perspective a lot more will come. Yet this is for the dev only a hobby, truly blasphemy that he doesn't work 7*24 a week, it take some time between updates.
Also the next update will rebuild the whole contract system and for what we know will break old save, so we all shall beginn at the beginning.
Hope it helps - so back to my explosives again.:sneaky:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Very true.
With a game like The DeLuca Family, perhaps it's just me, but it feels more natural to have a crossover with a game that is centered on another Crime Family, like Alexandra.

For example, we all know the 4 Serpents frequently travel around (like "Serpent") and take jobs/contracts outside Lucania.
So for instance, it would be pretty cool to have characters like "Serpent" show up to another game, and say DeLucas are in alliance with them & help out.

Though even with above example (as cool as it sounds), I guess there comes 2 big problems:

1) The Serpents are very OP in the whole power level scale
4 Serpents in the game are so powerful that would make a lot of difficulties/challenges presented in other games look like cakewalk. Only 2 solutions to that. Either the other game needs to scale up their characters, or the Serpents need to be nerfed in the crossover.
And neither of them seem like good choices.

2) There just aren't that many mafia or Crime Family adult games around to crossover to.
Only game that I can see that is well into development is Alexandra (though I have a feeling it's slowly getting into the final stretch in terms of narrative as well).
Seen 1 other game mafia game though I'm not sure crossover with that will bode well.

Though I guess this is one of many reasons why DeLuca Family is really special; the genre itself is a rare breed in the adult games, to add to the fact that DeLuca itself is done exceptionally well.
I can only see things as you mentioned with the Philly/Hope doctors: an extremely side character being shared.

Alexandra's family is a big power play in Alexandra world. If they share the world with DeLuca, it would have to be that their business are intertwined as rival/allied families.

A random doctor/delivery guy/Brainless Evil Genius that wears the avatar of a crazy school girl vampire slut, for example, nothing more.

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Guess I gotta check out last two Alexandra updates.... Missing out on this untill finally get a Deluca update
For clarification, the crossover event (between Alexandra & Haley's Story) is in "Haley's Story" only (you won't find it in Alexandra).

I can only see things as you mentioned with the Philly/Hope doctors: an extremely side character being shared.

Alexandra's family is a big power play in Alexandra world. If they share the world with DeLuca, it would have to be that their business are intertwined as rival/allied families.

A random doctor/delivery guy/Brainless Evil Genius that wears the avatar of a crazy school girl vampire slut, for example, nothing more.
Something which just came to my mind. Perhaps a phone conversation regarding a business deal between Alexandra's Crime Family and DeLucas, between Cordia (or Wilfred, depending on the situation) & Boris (Don/head of Crime Family in Alexandra) could possibly work, especially with just talking.

Or, (Spoilers for current Alexandra storyline below):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

God I must miss DeLuca Family a lot, coming up with all these ideas :LOL::ROFLMAO: (and it doesn't help that I finished BADIK update last night lol)

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Something which just came to my mind. Perhaps a phone conversation regarding a business deal between Alexandra's Crime Family and DeLucas, between Cordia (or Wilfred, depending on the situation) & Boris (Don/head of Crime Family in Alexandra) could possibly work, especially with just talking.

Or, (Spoilers for current Alexandra storyline below):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can we include a free Cordia's nude picture to help the recovery of her friend Boris? Something:

"To my perverted friend Boris,

So you don't die without fulfilling your dream of seeing me naked once. Get better.

Love, Cordia
"

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
On an upside there is the differences in country, Deluca being set in italy, where Alexandra seems set in the US, business deals between families internationally would be far more normal.

Before anyone says "But we dont know where Lucania is", some of us do, Lucania is in the south of italy, along the western coast, the real life Deluca family (Not mafia, just aristocrats) get their name as being the Sons of Lucania - De Luca.

Anyway real world BS over, if Hopes wanted to then it would work.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Cross overs are always hard for devs.
There is a heavy bias by each dev on their own characters so it is hard to coordinate how the cross over will be. Imo, this is an understandable thing by devs. Their characters are their love. Their kids.
They don't want to have their characters 'submit' to the cross over characters and don't want their characters to act a way that is out of character. This automatically makes it hard for two devs to cooperate as they don't want to sound rude but at the same time may not like the idea of how the situation will go for the cross over. Both want their characters to shine.

This is usually amplified when it is the main character (such as Luna or Gracie).

Secondly, the theme of the games is heavily different.
Mafia games are not just mafia games. Most are based on realism and slice of life kind of style while the deluca is very much cartoonish/anime style. The power scales are very different.

It can of course still be done. But very unlikely.

I like the idea of funsie crossovers that don't involve the main games. Such as the thing Philly and I did with using both our characters and make one render.

Lord_Raven

Jun 3, 2017
There is a heavy bias by each dev on their own characters so it is hard to coordinate how the cross over will be. Imo, this is an understandable thing by devs. Their characters are their love. Their kids.
They don't want to have their characters 'submit' to the cross over characters and don't want their characters to act a way that is out of character. This automatically makes it hard for two devs to cooperate as they don't want to sound rude but at the same time may not like the idea of how the situation will go for the cross over. Both want their characters to shine.

This is usually amplified when it is the main character (such as Luna or Gracie).

Mafia games are not just mafia games. Most are based on realism and slice of life kind of style while the deluca is very much cartoonish/anime style. The power scales are very different.

I like the idea of funsie crossovers that don't involve the main games. Such as the thing Philly and I did with using both our characters and make one render.
So in regards to my comment about Gracie seeing an ad about B&R (the college in Being a DIK) would probably be a no. But the thing about Quinn possibly working for one of Deluca's rival families could potentially happen due to it being far enough remove from the main characters but because BaDIK is so different from Deluca, it most likely won't happen? Again not that Deluca needs camios or Easter eggs, just that it's fun to see or create our own theories on how you could tie games together.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

Well said.
I did mention power scales would likely be an issue for any potential crossovers (in one of my previous comments), but I failed to take into account the realism many (mafia) games tend to go for compared to exaggerated hyper setting that DeLuca represents, plus the most important the difficulty in reaching an agreement between the devs themselves.

But I admit, it did make for a brief fun conversation topic though (while we wait for the update).

Lord_Raven

Jun 3, 2017
Well said.
I did mention power scales would likely be an issue for any potential crossovers (in one of my previous comments), but I failed to take into account the realism many (mafia) games tend to go for compared to exaggerated hyper setting that DeLuca represents, plus the most important the difficulty in reaching an agreement between the devs themselves.

But I admit, it did make for a brief fun conversation topic though (while we wait for the update).
Exactly. I love creating fan theories and head cannons about how two things could connect and be in the same universe. Often it's just to be silly but sometimes you end up tricking yourself into believing it (like when you watch a dumb conspiracy video to make fun of it but then you get sucked down the rabbit hole and it starts making sense)

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So in regards to my comment about Gracie seeing an ad about B&R (the college in Being a DIK) would probably be a no. But the thing about Quinn possibly working for one of Deluca's rival families could potentially happen due to it being far enough remove from the main characters but because BaDIK is so different from Deluca, it most likely won't happen? Again not that Deluca needs camios or Easter eggs, just that it's fun to see or create our own theories on how you could tie games together.
I think my interpretation is (after reading Hopes' response) it wouldn't make sense for Quinn to be working for DeLuca's rival families, because you gotta consider the way all characters are and the world they're in for each game.

Like Hopes said, in DeLuca, the whole world and basically all characters are exaggerated. Whether this exaggeration is in regards to one's strength, agility, intelligence, personality, (or any other distinct trait) etc depends on the character. A lot of times, it's hyper, amped up.

Compared to that, BaDIK is basically slice of life, its world focused very much on realism (except MC's conquests of girls/women :ROFLMAO: ).

With a crossover (not funsie, but crossovers of characters actually going from one game to another game, canonically), it happens with the assumption that the 2 games are in the same universe, and that's just not possible with these two games (also, my guess is that even though not MCs [or even side character for that matter], drug dealers/junkies in DeLuca universe would be much more dangerous than the drug dealer drug dealers/junkies in BaDIK world)

It just doesn't gel at all with each other due to how different they are (in fact, it's the same case with DeLuca and any other game).

Of course, I'm also not free at all from the fault of thinking the same way as you either (slapping my own forehead in shame), throwing around my "Serpent crossing over to another game" or "possible Alexandra & DeLuca crossover" silly/absurd ideas before Hopes explained well in why it wouldn't work.

And I'm fine with that (just keeping it as "What if" but non-canon scenarios in the head). Funsie crossovers as Hopes mentioned in his reply is all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: shopnobaaz and c3p0

K18

Apr 19, 2018
On the crossover topic, there's one thing i didn't see nobody mention in regards to games "Alexandra" and "Haley's Story" crossover. I'd say the reason that crossover worked well was because the developer Ptolemy is involved in the creation of both games, co-created "Haley's Story" with developer Viitgames.

Crossovers seems to be one of those "looks good on paper", but bad in practice ideas.

Safer bet would probably be some blink and you'll miss it Easter eggs, small shout-outs and cameos that doesn't effect the individual series' story.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ- and JJJ84

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
On the crossover topic, there's one thing i didn't see nobody mention in regards to games "Alexandra" and "Haley's Story" crossover.
So, I'm nobody. :cry::cry::cry:

For crossovers I'm more than happy with the current situation. I don't think a real all canon crossover will work well - and for another reason you must find a dev that want to do it and stick to it, when the crossover spread over a longer time period. Know one example where this was the sore point.

Also the Timestamp example, even though I don't know it from personal experience, is more a cameo than a "real" crossover. I think a lot of funny cameo could be possible.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
So, I'm nobody. :cry::cry::cry:

For crossovers I'm more than happy with the current situation. I don't think a real all canon crossover will work well - and for another reason you must find a dev that want to do it and stick to it, when the crossover spread over a longer time period. Know one example where this was the sore point.

Also the Timestamp example, even though I don't know it from personal experience, is more a cameo than a "real" crossover. I think a lot of funny cameo could be possible.
Oh, you mentioned it. My bad. Here's a hug.

I seen some games that did cameos with the other game appearing as a movie on a TV screen.

• Hey there
Reactions: c3p0

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Before anyone says "But we dont know where Lucania is", some of us do, Lucania is in the south of italy, along the western coast, the real life Deluca family (Not mafia, just aristocrats) get their name as being the Sons of Lucania - De Luca.
Ah, I didn't know that, thanks for mentioning. By the architecture and general looks of the city I would always have put it into South Tyrol or similar, close to the Alps region. Of course people over there have mostly German names, instead of DeLuca.

As you - and others - said, it depends on the typo of cross over, and I fully agree. A small fun one, like a play with character names, character look-something-alikes and similar can pretty easily be done, even between a fantasy, a sci-fi, and a noir game. A full fledged one including the "real" character however can become difficult to explain and also ruin the immersion in the main story if it takes too much of the focus.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes