uhhhok

Sep 24, 2020
Hey HopesGaming, I hope you've been well. It's great to see that you're busy, happy, and your fire of passion towards this game is burning bright as ever.

Here's couple of questions about the game that I wish to ask you:

1) We've had some really dark moments in the game in the past (particularly "My name is Luna" event), but will it ever get into the gruesome territory (with MC learning how things are done in the mafia world) ? Or would that be going too overboard?

An example of such would be how the Family deals with its traitors.
We're told of "The Woods", place where people are sent to be taken care of (for their last moments). But how does the Family dispose of the bodies?
Bury them? Burn them? Or some other method we don't know? Will we (through MC's POV) find out?

2) Since Cordia is the Donna (female equivalant of Don), with so many who fights on her behalf (Serpents, Wilfred's Division, Capos, Elite Soldados, Soldados), it feels like it's currently very difficult to picture her in a situation where she chooses (or is forced) to fight on her own (without anyone else's assisstance).

But will there ever come a time where Cordia herself would need to grab a weapon and actually fight (actually, this question would apply to not just Cordia, but all Dons in the DeLuca universe in general)?

3) Growing up, did Luna receive training from all 4 of the Serpents?

While she does state that Cynthia is her teacher (in the beach prison event), she also states that the jump kick we see her use every now and then, she learned it from Gottardo.
If she learned from each of the Serpents, I am kinda curious what each of them taught her (i.e. specific area of expertise, such as "Serpent" perhaps teaching her shooting with firearms & also how to use "stealth", but in Luna's case, perhaps the stealth lesson never stuck with her due to her personality?).

4) So far, we've seen Gracie using her smarts in a lot of situations, but I was wondering will there ever come a time when she receives some combat training (perhaps some funsies in naughty situations with the MC while grappling/wrestling? Actually, I can see this applying with both DeLuca girls as well as Eiza :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: )?

5) With Isabel, as the story goes on, will we see her take on more roles/responsibilities other than just "wife of Antonio" or "sister-in-law to Luna & Gracie", i.e. perhaps dip her hands into the Family Business?

6) In the Beach Prison event, each member of the Wilfred's division have a flower (don't really know the flowers really well, perhaps carnation? hmmm) pinned to their suit. Is there a reason (some lore/backstory) behind that?

7) The Capo Caterina almost always seems to have her skates on, so this is a hypothetical question:
what happens if her skates somehow gets taken away from her (and she's forced to fight without them)? Is she still just as efficient killer without them, or would her efficiency drop (such as an example of an expert swordsman having his sword taken away, & is forced to fight in hand to hand combat & struggles due to not used to fighting without the sword)?

8) The characters that Giacobbe mentions in his meeting with Cordia (during the Straffan arc): Marco, Erardo. Lino, Maggiorino, will we see them when we delve further into Cordia's past through flashbacks (where we delve into how she is connected to MC's family and all), or are they there solely for mention (to give a bit of relatability to Giacobbe)?
Man, don't get me wrong but I don't think we need go that deep into the story (especially in a game) if this is a film we can do all that but I don't think creating renders and animations (and time ) on that is necessary .

Reactions: Warsteel

tuekop

Aug 26, 2020
Hmmm, so it's the first time Ombra Family's symbol has been revealed. What does it look like to everyone? I thought at first it looked like a Chameleon, but looking at it closeup, now I'm not sure. :unsure:

The symbol on their shirt:

View attachment 915545

Image enhanced:

View attachment 915546

The gif on the post (Amata action scene) doesn't seem to be working properly, so I've copied the link below:

isn't that a camel ?

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Hey HopesGaming, I hope you've been well. It's great to see that you're busy, happy, and your fire of passion towards this game is burning bright as ever.

1) We've had some really dark moments in the game in the past (particularly "My name is Luna" event), but will it ever get into the gruesome territory (with MC learning how things are done in the mafia world) ? Or would that be going too overboard?

We're told of "The Woods", place where people are sent to be taken care of (for their last moments). But how does the Family dispose of the bodies?
Bury them? Burn them? Or some other method we don't know? Will we (through MC's POV) find out?

2) Since Cordia is the Donna (female equivalant of Don), with so many who fights on her behalf (Serpents, Wilfred's Division, Capos, Elite Soldados, Soldados), it feels like it's currently very difficult to picture her in a situation where she chooses (or is forced) to fight on her own (without anyone else's assisstance).

But will there ever come a time where Cordia herself would need to grab a weapon and actually fight (actually, this question would apply to not just Cordia, but all Dons in the DeLuca universe in general)?

While she does state that Cynthia is her teacher (in the beach prison event), she also states that the jump kick we see her use every now and then, she learned it from Gottardo.
If she learned from each of the Serpents, I am kinda curious what each of them taught her (i.e. specific area of expertise, such as "Serpent" perhaps teaching her shooting with firearms & also how to use "stealth", but in Luna's case, perhaps the stealth lesson never stuck with her due to her personality?).

4) So far, we've seen Gracie using her smarts in a lot of situations, but I was wondering will there ever come a time when she receives some combat training (perhaps some funsies in naughty situations with the MC while grappling/wrestling? Actually, I can see this applying with both DeLuca girls as well as Eiza :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: )?

5) With Isabel, as the story goes on, will we see her take on more roles/responsibilities other than just "wife of Antonio" or "sister-in-law to Luna & Gracie", i.e. perhaps dip her hands into the Family Business?

6) In the Beach Prison event, each member of the Wilfred's division have a flower (don't really know the flowers really well, perhaps carnation? hmmm) pinned to their suit. Is there a reason (some lore/backstory) behind that?

7) The Capo Caterina almost always seems to have her skates on, so this is a hypothetical question:
what happens if her skates somehow gets taken away from her (and she's forced to fight without them)? Is she still just as efficient killer without them, or would her efficiency drop (such as an example of an expert swordsman having his sword taken away, & is forced to fight in hand to hand combat & struggles due to not used to fighting without the sword)?

8) The characters that Giacobbe mentions in his meeting with Cordia (during the Straffan arc): Marco, Erardo. Lino, Maggiorino, will we see them when we delve further into Cordia's past through flashbacks (where we delve into how she is connected to MC's family and all), or are they there solely for mention (to give a bit of relatability to Giacobbe)?

Finally, someone as curious about the story as I am =D I was wondering not all of them but some of them to By the way, acids dissolve tissue but dont dissolve the bones, you must deal with the bones afterwards =D

Reactions: JJJ84

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Finally, someone as curious about the story as I am =D I was wondering not all of them but some of them to By the way, acids dissolve tissue but dont dissolve the bones, you must deal with the bones afterwards =D
Acids aren't all that great at tissues really, you want lye.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

While these are all good and valid questions, I suspect the answers for many if not all of the questions will veer into future plot spoiler territory. This feels kinda like that one chatterbox in a movie theater asking their friend out loud what's gonna happen when the movie is only finishing its first act. :ROFLMAO:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

1) I don't think at it like that. I didn't make Luna's event thinking of the degree of 'darkness'. It was only after, with the reaction of my proofreader, decided I may need a 'skip'. But overall, I don't go at it with the mindset that I have to be careful of going overboard. I just take it event by event.

2) Only the future will tell :)

3) No. A bit from Gottardo and most from Cynthia. Cynthia and Luna have a teach student relationship. Cynthia actually has another student and will appear in the upcoming update.

4, 5) Again, in the only 'the future will tell territory', heh.

6) Yes.

7) She is a capo so she can handle herself extremely well even without 'em. But she is most efficient with them on.

8) Some of them will appear while others will only appear in mentions and flashbacks.

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
So i apparently have hit a snag of sorts, so you know the scene where you go out with all 3 ladies to the jewellery store...they start asking about a diamond gun and diamond car...after which they push you in the pond...so during this scene when you are on the balcony talking to Isa after her argument with Antonio and the empty wine bottle, the highlight for the bathroom curtain you normally see back in your room, when Luna or Gracie are using the bathroom, was somehow 'over laid' over the scene,for lack of a better term, which i happened to click causing that whole jewellery store scene to start from the beginning again..so i go through the scene againreaching the end of it..

now i've reached the part where the assassin entered your room (the one whose sister is being held by a rival family)...after the scene has played where you are finally back in the room i try to sleep until morning, where Lady Cordia shows up to talk to the assassin, but when i hit the bed to sleep that previously mentioned jewellery store scene plays again, i saved after the assassin scene before sleep but reloading doesnt help, the jewellery store scene replays no matter what so i skip through it clicking through all the dialogue and what have you and eventually get to the next day, where i have continued the conversation with the assassin.

Just previous to this i reached the promotion to Solodato, talked with Winston and now i have to go retrieve the package under the tree, upon returning to the room i try to sleep til next but again the jewellery store replays again....twice now that scene has replayed...is there a fix?

chobi1

Aug 11, 2019
It's been a long, long time since I laughed as hard as today playing this masterpiece. The writing, the characters, top notch. I had to stop to take a break after "I am Luna" since I was so emotional... and I am a guy known amongst my peers for having the emotional range of a brick. I work for a NGO helping children that suffer domestic abuse, I know that was going to hit close to home. But damn... Sofia brought back so many fucked up memories... Anyways, thanks a lot Hopes. A lot.
BTW, that Son Of A Bitch scene, master class trolling. I hope this goes into Steam some day.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
HopesGaming Mate, any possible hint on the next update for timing? We looking this side of the year or 2021?
It's obvious you haven't even bothered to scroll through the posts in the previous page.

I would have thought it was common sense to look through at least couple of recent pages before something like this is even asked lol.

• Sad
Reactions: Dragon59 and c3p0

IamJAG

May 14, 2020
It's obvious you haven't even bothered to scroll through the posts in the previous page.

I would have thought it was common sense to look through at least couple of recent pages before something like this is even asked lol.
True, i'd forgotten the time and was rushing slightly to get over to my grandma's gaff. Good shout on the reading thing.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
the game is only 1.95 gb?
I do have the experience that, while there is a correlation between file size and amount of content, it's easy to find examples of large programs with little content and vice versa, even in technically similar games (so the smaller size is not down to less animations or similar things).

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes