Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Forum didnt give any notification to replies and I read last 1 weeks replies to thread in one go, Let me say fans of DeLuca are just hilorious as Gottardo =D I am definetely heartbroken to miss the part every one casually says where are they from, yet greetings from Turkiye everyone

There is also a preview pic with MC holding the hand of Eiza's sister (who looks to be a kid), standing beside Caterina and one of the nuns (both Capos).
I think I missed that one if it shared in the thread, care to share, please?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I think I missed that one if it shared in the thread, care to share, please?
Here you go.

985889_1609391510430.png

Seems like in this Stealth missions that MC will be spending a lot of time with Caterina and one of the nuns.

Perhaps in this mission, the entire stealth team is split into several units of 3 or 4 members, and MC gets stuck with Caterina & nun1, who hate each others' guts :ROFLMAO::LOL:.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling "Serpent" deliberately put MC in this specific team to test his potential as a leader/mediator between these two members who just don't get along.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Here you go.

View attachment 1020126

Seems like in this Stealth missions that MC will be spending a lot of time with Caterina and one of the nuns.

Perhaps in this mission, the entire stealth team is split into several units of 3 or 4 members, and MC gets stuck with Caterina & nun1, who hate each others' guts :ROFLMAO::LOL:.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling "Serpent" deliberately put MC in this specific team to test his potential as a leader/mediator between these two members who just don't get along.
Are stealth missions supposed to end up with everything on fire?:rolleyes:

I get the feeling this is a consequence of spending too much time with Luna.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020

I get the feeling this is the result of spending too much time with Luna.
Guess it didn't go so well...... Although could argue he mediated enough so that everyone we care about made it out alive That's something....

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
It could be that while extraction was the original objective, shit suddenly went sideways (in that stealth was no longer an option), and they had to improvise, who knows.

Or it could be they just literally lit up the whole place and Ombra Family still have no clue what's going on.

My money is on the first scenario though, since I remember Hopes sharing that nun1's killing animation.
So my guess is, initially they went in quietly, but things didn't quite go as planned and they had to fight a bit, but eventually got Eiza's sister out. Then they just lit up the whole place.

But I guess we'll find out when the update releases.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It could be that while extraction was the original objective, shit suddenly went sideways (in that stealth was no longer an option), and they had to improvise, who knows.

Or it could be they just literally lit up the whole place and Ombra Family still have no clue what's going on.

My money is on the first scenario though, since I remember Hopes sharing that nun1's killing animation.
So my guess is, initially they went in quietly, but things didn't quite go as planned and they had to fight a bit, but eventually got Eiza's sister out. Then they just lit up the whole place.

But I guess we'll find out when the update releases.
Ohh the new release contains new content? I was kind of expecting the new content to follow the release of the new code...

That's great!

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
So regarding the coming update, Hopes has been hinting, teasing it sometimes with the preview screens etc, but what's still kept under wraps about it is the Combat system.

So what do you guys all think, or hope the combat will turn out like in the gameplay?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I didn't think to ask in my reply and I should have cause I am curious what are you hoping for?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

I didn't think to ask in my reply and I should have cause I am curious what are you hoping for?
We really need to see the system implemented. Grinding repetitive stuff is never good, so if it is that I hope it can be turned off.

If there is no RNG, my guess is that contracts will be small "only read" visual novels (no images) in which you would have to take decisions and according to those they will go good or bad. I think I remember Hopes saying he was going for old games style that used to have that kind of game play, but my memory is never to be trusted.

Also, if that is the case, I would expect the number of missions required to level up will diminish greatly, as you would have to repeat them otherwise. It is unrealistic to believe he can write a few dozens of those mini stories.

We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: JJJ84 and -L-L-MJ-

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Guess it didn't go so well...... Although could argue he mediated enough so that everyone we care about made it out alive That's something....
Yeah. But even if the whole Caterina and nun1 mediation may not be a success (if that was his intention), I think there's also "Serpent"'s intention to build MC as a character (for his mom Rina's sake). Perhaps he knew Caterina & nun1's relationship will likely affect how the mission turn out, but it will have no consequence on the mission result (One way, there's all stealthy approach, no chaos. Other way stealth failed but quite a bit of chaos. Priority objective was rescuing Eiza's sister. So I guess it doesn't matter (too much?) as long as that is accomplished).

It could e "Serpent"'s way of teaching MC how to act in situations where things don't go according to plan (i.e. a monkey wrench thrown), needing to improvise.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
Yeah. But even if the whole Caterina and nun1 mediation may not be a success (if that was his intention), I think there's also "Serpent"'s intention to build MC as a character (for his mom Rina's sake). Perhaps he knew Caterina & nun1's relationship will likely affect how the mission turn out, but it will have no consequence on the mission result (One way, there's all stealthy approach, no chaos. Other way stealth failed but quite a bit of chaos. Priority objective was rescuing Eiza's sister. So I guess it doesn't matter (too much?) as long as that is accomplished).

It could e "Serpent"'s way of teaching MC how to act in situations where things don't go according to plan (i.e. a monkey wrench thrown), needing to improvise.
Hehe, I meant it as a joke, to insinuate that Caterina and the Nun cause the "mayhem" fire.. (despite MC's best efforts):ROFLMAO:
But I love your insights and agree it is highly probable we end up with both of them for something in that direction I do wonder how much of that is serpents intention cause the master of schemes to me seems to be "Wilfred" either way still seems like fun ways to move any plot forward!

Reactions: JJJ84

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018

I get the feeling this is a consequence of spending too much time with Luna.
If I remember correctly the rescue mission is also a retaliation mission, Cordia said something like "I never said there wont be consequences" to MC in Eizas cell, it is possible to mission is destory an important place with there is no way to trace the attack back to DeLuca family explitly. By the way if there is no people to witness then there is no risk to be detected :D My sweet angel Luna thought us well :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Ayhsel and -L-L-MJ-

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
We really need to see the system implemented. Grinding repetitive stuff is never good, so if it is that I hope it can be turned off.

If there is no RNG, my guess is that contracts will be small "only read" visual novels (no images) in which you would have to take decisions and according to those they will go good or bad. I think I remember Hopes saying he was going for old games style that used to have that kind of game play, but my memory is never to be trusted.
You are right, he did mention that somewhere. too lazy to go find it for a quote though :ROFLMAO:
The missions/contracts not sure what to call them anymore, will contain images at least that is what I get from the previews
we have seen so far. It is possible to run into other people maybe even bring others with you? ( I have made a remark in the past where it is stated somewhere in the conversation that Gracie is mad because MC goes onto missions with Luna...and she feels left out. So not sure how if/how that is handled...

Also, if that is the case, I would expect the number of missions required to level up will diminish greatly, as you would have to repeat them otherwise. It is unrealistic to believe he can write a few dozens of those mini stories.

We'll see how it goes.
Did you "forget" that it is also stated by Hopes that others can write missions to be implemented, he already had a few writers for this as far as I remember that was also said by Hopes and he wasn't looking for more yet... Also he would give the final OK for anything that gets implemented. It seemed really promising and wonder how this turned out specifically

Reactions: c3p0 and Ayhsel

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Here you go.

View attachment 1020126

Thanks

Reactions: JJJ84

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
You are right, he did mention that somewhere. too lazy to go find it for a quote though :ROFLMAO:
The missions/contracts not sure what to call them anymore, will contain images at least that is what I get from the previews
we have seen so far. It is possible to run into other people maybe even bring others with you? ( I have made a remark in the past where it is stated somewhere in the conversation that Gracie is mad because MC goes onto missions with Luna...and she feels left out. So not sure how if/how that is handled...

Did you "forget" that it is also stated by Hopes that others can write missions to be implemented, he already had a few writers for this as far as I remember that was also said by Hopes and he wasn't looking for more yet... Also he would give the final OK for anything that gets implemented. It seemed really promising and wonder how this turned out specifically
Actually I had forgotten about that. That is overall good, I would say. I was kind of worried that having to write too many of those contracts would slow down the progression of the story part.

And if it is as you say, it will be interesting to see how the two aspects complement each other.

Reactions: JJJ84 and -L-L-MJ-

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Ohh the new release contains new content? I was kind of expecting the new content to follow the release of the new code...

That's great!
I think that nun1's killing animation was shared here as well (this was still back at end of 2020), but oddly the link was broken so I couldn't see it.
So I went into the discord to take a look, and it was an animation of the nun shooting the Ombra Family soldier on the head multiple times (Hopes said it's only part of the action scene and it's unfinished).

So yeah, not everything will go according to plan I guess (in terms of being all stealthy), but that also means fights and action scenes too, so can't say I'm not happy about it.

Well, I'm not sure this is exactly something I'm exactly hoping for, but in terms of group battles, I'm wondering if something like old school Final Fantasy games' battle system would work.

Regarding one vs one combat, I haven't seen those much in terms of f95zone's games, but the combat system shown in "Being A DIK" (inputting the right keys) or the one time combat system shown in the game "My Real Desire" (where the player clicks the right points with the mouse to defend, and to counter) seemed pretty alright.

But like Ayhsei said, the most important thing is for it to not get repetitive that it gives the feeling it's a real grind. That's one of the reasons why I turned off all mini-games with Being A DIK after that game's recent update (assigning jobs to all the DIKs, just felt really repetitive and had me bored).

Reactions: Ayhsel and -L-L-MJ-
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes