lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
To be honest, in my opinion ToN is much more overrated that it deserve it. Ok, tihs is heavy subjective because i hate the guts of RPG games.
And I took that personally lol.

ToN is my favorite game purely because it gets updated regularly and predictably. No Newtonian physics to determine the realistic probability of when an update will drop, you know what you're getting every 2 weeks without fail. The animations are subpar but considering the amount of content they drop in just 2-3 weeks consistently it more than makes up for it imo. They let you know when the next update is dropping almost immediately and afaik every shot they've taken they've never missed. Mad respect for the creator.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Ok before this whole thread goes to boooom, it would be good to stop with OffTopic, either commenting other games (ToN), or admiring some great ducksheroes.
Sooo, back OnTopic then - Hopes any chance for some extra sexy preview of the steadiest and hottest character ever - Floaty? Cant wait to see that beauty again, one of my favorite non-mc characters for sure.
Hopefully there wont be any ntr, though it surely has to be hard for ladies to resist all that stone-appeal radiating around him.

Kinvarus

May 23, 2020
When it comes to ToN, Haley's Story and Rebirth, games like that, that have a more consistant monthly release it's the age old question of Animations vs gameplay vs story, which you want more of, which you want less of or the balance. Haley's Story seems to have a good balance of both and has a monthly release usually but like lolgotem said, with games like those you know what you'e getting with them.

When it comes to a game like The Deluca Family or say Being A DIK when you've got the gameplay mechanics, story threads and higher quality animations it's understandable it takes more time.

On the one hand I have to hand it to Hope for wanting to go back and overhaul things if it's an improvement to the gameplay. On the other hand, when a chapter takes a long time to get out, you know you've got people waiting and if those people think that the previous gameplay that was already there was good enough, you can understand how people might think "Well there was no need to change the gameplay, it was fine and that time and processing power etc could have been used on the new story content instead, that's what we're waiting for." and get it out.

But again that leads to the whole creator's vision vs audience expectations. The creator wants to make the game they want to make while balancing that with what the people who play it would like and even then that leads to comments like "We'll he's not saying much about what's going on release wise." comments vs "You realise taking the time to do that takes time away from finishing it." comments vs "It would take 5 seconds to make a post, it's not that time consuming." comments.

Reactions: lolgotem

wholef'nshow

Mar 9, 2020
No offence you are doing great job but damn your poems doesn't rhymes at all...
OMG! I will improve! I promise!
And, just like Bob Dylan, I will rhyme it to be honest!

("Absolutely Sweet Marie", the name ot the song with that rhyme)

Honest question, I am ESL and mostly got my knowledge from reading so pronounciation isn't my strong suit, but for me both meter and rhyme of that verse seen fine. Don't "more" and "before" rhyme?
You're correct & the poem rhymes perfectly well (y)
Thank you, thank you. Thank you all.
With a gun and an ice cream, I know, we'll never fall!

Remember, even tho the renders for animations can take days does not mean that work is on hold.
Animations are planned in such a way that no other renders are needed during the time and other parts of the game will be worked on while it renders. Also, I sleep a lot during the night while it renders :p
The update of your game is the thing we're all waiting for.
So don't worry, take your time, oh worthy son of Thor!

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Floaty? Cant wait to see that beauty again, one of my favorite non-mc characters for sure.
Hopefully there wont be any ntr, though it surely has to be hard for ladies to resist all that stone-appeal radiating around him.
How about some Floaty NTR though?

(And I was taught that Bugs vs Daffy, Jerry vs Tom, Mickey vs Donald is a cultural thing - Americans prefer the "perfect winner", Europeans prefer the "plucky underdog". May be total bull though.)

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
ToN has several thousand patrons and can be considered a proper business and therefore updates are more reliable compared to hobby projects. That is not to take anything from NLT media as it didn't happen for no reason. The game is awesome!

Kinvarus

To be honest, I don't think so much about any of these things. I am still at the stage where the mindset is; playing around and just testing stuff out.
Once we reach a stage where we jump into a proper business instead of a past time thing - then it is time to start thinking of people waiting and expectations etc.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
How about some Floaty NTR though?

(And I was taught that Bugs vs Daffy, Jerry vs Tom, Mickey vs Donald is a cultural thing - Americans prefer the "perfect winner", Europeans prefer the "plucky underdog". May be total bull though.)
Wait.. are you suggesting we compete with a serpent for the girls? we are soooo getting cheated then.

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
ToN animations are SUBPAR!!!? SUBPAR??
Boy, you really have high standards huh?
I mean, I understand if you don't call them great or amazing or sth but you think they are not even at par at least?
They're... okay? Like I said, with the short turnaround time for content drops it doesn't really bother me as I understand such tight development windows means there needs to be compromises in certain areas.

For example, the old Nun lady. Her recent scenes have been incredibly rigid. Scene 84 for example, her body moves like a bag of sand and the response to the MCs movement isnt in sync with hers; the delay of her movement in response to the MC is significant enough to be noticed without specifically looking for it.

It's like there's a physics engine in the backend working with 900ms ping. MC collides with Nun, Nun doesnt respond, 900ms later the appropriate response is produced. It looks kinda odd. Quinn's latest scene in BADIK is another example of stiff animations IMO.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
We gone from off-topic to anoher wording for "Is it abondoned?" really fast :ROFLMAO:

To be honest, I don't think so much about any of these things. I am still at the stage where the mindset is; playing around and just testing stuff out.
Once we reach a stage where we jump into a proper business instead of a past time thing - then it is time to start thinking of people waiting and expectations etc.

Man your game is too awesome for just "a past time thing" :D Believe it or not, I am checking this thread daily for at least 6 moths just to see your next update. I dont mind waiting but please dont abondon the in the future.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes