Juraj_SVK

Aug 21, 2018
Half Quarter of this threat feels like this to me:

People: Update?
Hopes: Not now.
People: This is a free country it's not an upgrade-free country.
Hopes: Leave me alone.
People: Give me update!
Hopes: You'll get your update when you FIX THIS DAMN DOOR!!
People: Eeeh, it's not big deal.

I sure hope people will understand that reference
If not, then
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Half Quarter of this threat feels like this to me:

People: Update?
Hopes: Not now.
People: This is a free country it's not an upgrade-free country.
Hopes: Leave me alone.
People: Give me update!
Hopes: You'll get your update when you FIX THIS DAMN DOOR!!
People: Eeeh, it's not big deal.

I sure hope people will understand that reference
If not, then
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When the update comes Hopes will say, "I had to beat an old lady with a stick to get this update".

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The last update to abrahamic religions came 1400 years ago. That's a terrible update schedule.
Naaah, protestantism is just a tad over 500 years old. Granted, more of a bug fix than a wholesale update, but still at the time dev was still working on it. And then there's fan mods like Latter Day Saints (reintroducing the harem tag) or the Witnesses.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I don't think this game is comparable to religion, though.

One is about different groups of people fighting each other through the means of deceit, violence, drugs and any other mean necessary to take advantage of others in a story of child abuse, anger issues, promiscuity and old rules of honor that make no sense, simply for their own benefit and agenda.

And the other is the story of MC getting to live with Floaty, Cordia and the girls.

Last edited:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Very true.
In Denmark, where I am from, it is sadly not so. The cost of living here is on the higher end of the scale. Scandinavian countries are famous for their high tax and high living cost.
I am getting close to an average income here but I don't know if I am willing to risk it all and go full time for an average income. Too much risk in the adult world. As fast as it can go up as fast can it go down. There is no 'safety net'.
You are right about this 10 or 20 years ago.
Some goods have always been very expensive in Denmark, Sweden, Norway.
But it also came with benefits, such as very good health insurance, good pensions and so on.

But compared to the situation now, you are living in the land of honey, compared to e.g. Germany.
We have the highest energy prices, the highest taxes, the lowest pensions, one of the worst education and only a nearly working health system (*in "Europe").

So .... yeah, we are living in a more expensive country, but some make more of it than the other.

I can understand why it's only a side project to your life and income.
But don't argue with your "bad situation" :)

Anyways, I'm looking forward for the new version.
And thank you for the great work you have done and hopefully will do in the future.

SnS

Dec 4, 2018
I wonder if some people who ask if the game is abandoned or when the update falls tend to read the last two pages or even the same page (or are just lazy).

We have the highest energy prices, the highest taxes, the lowest pensions, one of the worst education and only a nearly working health system (*in "Europe").
The liberals (for Americans: moderates) are gutting the social system here in the Netherlands as well the last couple of decades.

Lord_Raven

Jun 3, 2017
Luna. Gracie. Isabel. Cordia.
My grandfather used to tell me stories of the old days.
Where the Deluca Fandom used to comment and share in harmony.
Then everything changed when the update questions were asked.
HopesGaming was the sole developer of the game.
Only he knew when the next update would release.
But when the fandom needed him most, he went silent.
A hundred year have passed and the update questions have not ceased.
Some even believe Hopes never started working on an update.
And that the game has gone abandoned.
But I haven't lost hope.
I still believe that somehow, HopesGaming will return and release a marvelous update.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Hope may arrive when they lose patreons or need money.

Edit: Would you explain the facepalm dragonslayer130402 ? 8 months before any update and he has over 700 patreons, not a patreon myself and don't know exactly how it works but it does mean he earns at least 700 dollars a month right? For doing just about nothing? 8 months x 700 so far? And that's assuming everyone are 1 dollar patreons and not 5 dollar or more.
Milking business this :)

Last edited:

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
I was thinking, if there was any realism in this game, it would have an NTR tag. I mean come on! You don't think floaty would steal all your women? I mean one look at him and the girls would see that he's rock hard. And you could say, "Oh, Luna isn't that type of a girl, she won't cheat on me!". But nothing is written in stone in life.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hope may arrive when they lose patreons or need money.

Edit: Would you explain the facepalm dragonslayer130402 ? 8 months before any update and he has over 700 patreons, not a patreon myself and don't know exactly how it works but it does mean he earns at least 700 dollars a month right? For doing just about nothing? 8 months x 700 so far? And that's assuming everyone are 1 dollar patreons and not 5 dollar or more.
Milking business this :)
Never slain a single dragon in real life but

(a) Hopes clearly states on his patreon page that this is a hobby and not a full-on profession for him, that while he aims for 3-4 months per update it may take way longer than that, that this next update is a major rework. It's not "milking" if you lay out the facts, patreons can decide themselves whether they consider this approach okay - nobody blaming them if they don't.

(b) Which by the way is the whole idea of patreon: getting support and not having to worry about deadlines or releasing stuff prematurely. Of course also patreons want to see something coming out of it usually but you're explicitely supporting the process not the product. Thus no supporter is entitled to anything more than promised by the supportee.

(c) "doing just about nothing" is a strong wording for what you know. Yes, there hasn't been a release but that doesn't mean there hasn't been any work going on. If a AAA game studio does not release a new game in a year it does not mean they are idling around in the office, drinking coffee, playing rock-paper-scissors. And Hopes has shown some of his work over the months.

As a general approach, as soon as you have to state something along the lines of "I don't know exactly how it works", try to find out how it does before crying "foul play". Because it works as advertised here.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Never slain a single dragon in real life but

(a) Hopes clearly states on his patreon page that this is a hobby and not a full-on profession for him, that while he aims for 3-4 months per update it may take way longer than that, that this next update is a major rework. It's not "milking" if you lay out the facts, patreons can decide themselves whether they consider this approach okay - nobody blaming them if they don't.

(b) Which by the way is the whole idea of patreon: getting support and not having to worry about deadlines or releasing stuff prematurely. Of course also patreons want to see something coming out of it usually but you're explicitely supporting the process not the product. Thus no supporter is entitled to anything more than promised by the supportee.

(c) "doing just about nothing" is a strong wording for what you know. Yes, there hasn't been a release but that doesn't mean there hasn't been any work going on. If a AAA game studio does not release a new game in a year it does not mean they are idling around in the office, drinking coffee, playing rock-paper-scissors. And Hopes has shown some of his work over the months.

As a general approach, as soon as you have to state something along the lines of "I don't know exactly how it works", try to find out how it does before crying "foul play". Because it works as advertised here.
Now now Carta, you know better than this. That would mean they actually would have do the slightest amount of work to check up on facts and we that is just not how it works ;)

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
No, but I'm pretty sure the next update (after the one that expected now) will be the last one. Well, at least this update promises to be juicy. I'm looking forward to it!
Why would you think that this will be the second to last update?

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes