dace22

Aug 7, 2016
The DeLuca Family will always be one of my top 5 favorite game don't matter how much will take to update and so.

Even so, about the recent drama on the thread I only blame Hopes. As developer should already know that "soon" will only make the crowd boiling. Don't matter if the update takes another month or year, just be clear in your update progress and you will see how everyone chills down.
This is so true , nothing against Hope this is an amazing game but in general I do not like the "Soon" , as soon can mean a lot of things for different people ranging from 1 week to months , so it makes people cling to an imaginary date.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Even so, about the recent drama on the thread I only blame Hopes. As developer should already know that "soon" will only make the crowd boiling. Don't matter if the update takes another month or year, just be clear in your update progress and you will see how everyone chills down.
Unfortunately you're 100% wrong - Hopes used to give ETAs and then regularly got crucified for not hitting said dates (even when expressly saying they weren't solid delivery dates).

So like many other devs, Hopes sensibly doesn't give dates anymore. People are always going to complain about something.

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Unfortunately you're 100% wrong - Hopes used to give ETAs and then regularly got crucified for not hitting said dates (even when expressly saying they weren't solid delivery dates).

So like many other devs, Hopes sensibly doesn't give dates anymore. People are always going to complain about something.
I really get the point and maybe I'm wrong, but still believe that this way of doing things is bad for business in the long run.

NovaPrime

May 21, 2018
He is just being brain

There can't be any delays if he doesn't give ETA
So he got whatever time he want because having an ETA does make you work hard to finish in time but if you don't have any time you can relax and do whenever you want instead of trying to get work done.

Reactions: slackster

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
He is just being brain

There can't be any delays if he doesn't give ETA
So he got whatever time he want because having an ETA does make you work hard to finish in time but if you don't have any time you can relax and do whenever you want instead of trying to get work done.
Yes, because that is how it works, don't tell anyone when it's going to be released then you don't have to work on it.... :rolleyes:

The fact that there are people thinking the world will end if a dev is one day late has nothing to do with it i'm sure....

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
Yes, because that is how it works, don't tell anyone when it's going to be released then you don't have to work on it.... :rolleyes:

The fact that there are people thinking the world will end if a dev is one day late has nothing to do with it i'm sure....
That's the problem. I remember somewhere it was said "by the end of January"(even though it was mentioned that not solid) and that's why people are making a whole fiasco. People like us who has been following the game from start knows about the reworks and we understand but other people probably won't. We are reaching the half of February.
Indirect answers isn't helping either.
I was looking forward to update back in January but the delay is understandable and I am kinda lucky that update hasn't dropped yet in this month because I have exams going on and if it would have landed I probably would have been screwed lol.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
In addition to HornyyPussy. That hopes doesn't give us any ETAs anymore doesn't mean that he don't have a schedule for himself. Sure he could have none, but only hopes can answer this.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Wow, the hardworking blue collared man is taking half a year to completely rework a big part of his Ren,Py game? What a fucking gamer. Furthermore, I want you to explain to me why how much they make is none of my business, if a community is collectively crowdfunding anything monthly they should have a right to know how much they have collectively raised right? Half-abandoned Patreon cash grabs almost unanimously have something in common and that is a lack of transparency when it comes to how much money they make. You wouldn't know transparency if you were looking through aquarium glass. However I am not saying that this is the case you militant little man, as I said before it better be "some fucking update" which apparently it will be right?
However, this is not a "community" "collectively" crowdfunding the game, we do not get together as a "supporters club" and vote on which game to support, these are individual people deciding individually which games they like. If "the community" agreed that this was just a milking project, I would still be free to decide on my terms to support the dairy industry, if everybody was fine with the way things are going, any individual can still decide "nah, not for me".

I can to a certain extent understand the idea of wanting to know whether it is enough to survive or enough to live comfortably and/or to cover the expenses associated with making a game (like getting an adequate technical setup going) to understand whether the devs "need" more money. However, this generally is nobody's business and does not happen in other settings as well. I have no idea how close to going down my favorite restaurant is in this crisis and whether I need to order more take out. I have no idea how on earth my favorite music group can make a living from their art, but apparently they can. I have no idea how much the small mom-and-pop store in my street makes.

Coincidentally though, here we know how much money is needed: none at all. The dev clearly states it is a hobby, not a way to make a living. Everybody supporting him knows that (or should know because it is stated on the patreon page). Which also already tells everybody that update schedules won't be the same as with people who do it full time.

But I think the major issue the "militant little man", me, and some others, have with your statements is not so much the content (although the entitlement to somehow deserving something here reeks strongly), but more that it is obvious that you did not bother to educate yourself on many of the aspects that have been discussed over and over. You state an accusation, put a thin veil on it with "I am not saying, but ...", add some key words like "transparency" - you keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means - while oozing hostility without having done your homework.

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You state an accusation, put a thin veil on it with "I am not saying, but ...", add some key words like "transparency" - you keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means - while oozing hostility without having done your homework.
Since Hopes has been as transparent about everything as possible, there's no use of it if one doesn't bother himself enough to take a look even after basically being spoon-fed with information.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
However, this is not a "community collectively" crowdfunding the game, we do not get together as a "supporters club" and vote on which game to support, these are individual people deciding individually which games they like. If "the community" agreed that this was just a milking project, I would still be free to decide on my terms to support the dairy industry, if everybody was fine with the way things are going, any individual can still decide "nah, not for me".

I can to a certain extent understand the idea of wanting to know whether it is anough to survive or enough to live comfortably nad/or to cover the expenses associated with making a game (like getting an adequate technical setup going) to understand whether the devs "need" more money. However, this generally is nobody's business and does not happen in other settings as well. I have no idea how close to going down my favorite restaurant is in this crisis and whether I need to order more take out. I have no idea how on earth my favorite music group can make a living from their art, but apparently they can. I have no idea how much the small mom-and-pop store in my street makes.

Coincidentally though, here we know how much money is needed: none at all. The dev clearly states it is a hobby, not a way to make a living. Everybody supporting him knows that (or should know because it is stated on the patreon page). Which also already tells everybody that update schedules won't be the same as with people who do it full time.

But I think the major issue the "militant little man", me, and some others, have with your statements is not so much the content (although the entitlement to somehow deserving something here reeks strongly), but more that it is obvious that you did not bother to educate yourself on many of the aspects that have been discussed over and over. You state an accusation, put a thin veil on it with "I am not saying, but ...", add some key words like "transparency" - you keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means - while oozing hostility without having done your homework.
Thanks for putting it in brackets :)

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Then I guess it's good that it isn't business for Hopes, but a hobby. Something he does because he wants to, not because he gets paid to do. :)
I highly doubt that Hopes don't take money in consideration even a bit. Not after so much work and dedication even as a hobby or just because we like the game so much. Extra income is always welcome in this wired time we all have to endure.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys, how do I get to section 10 "I love my son"?

Luna and I have taken the oath but I can't get any further :(
If I remember correctly there isnt any requirements other than "My Name is Luna" mission, but you must continue main mission in the evening, not in daytime. If remember wrong sorry in advance, some time passed since last I played game.

Reactions: HappyRagnar

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Guys, messages like this are periodically asked in this thread. Can we add a question, statement, sentence etc. to the FAQ section and send every single one who asks this type of questions to there without further answers and discussions? Reading same discussion weekly or twice a week and being accused as fanboy, militant etc becoming like a torture -and I am sure I am not alone in this one-.

Note; I am aware that "I can just stop reading them" but I really like the theories and discussions going on here and of course regular fans of this game. Finding them under constant "supression fire" like this type of messages can be harder than reading all the posts sometimes.
you have report button, and you have ignore button - make use of it wisely.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
you have report button, and you have ignore button - make use of it wisely.
Ignoring a thread I love to read and write just because some people constantly bombarding it just seems unfair for thread and unwise. Issue with reporting I am not sure question "when is the next update" or its variations conflicts with forum rules =S

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Ignoring a thread I love to read and write just because some people constantly bombarding it just seems unfair for thread and unwise. Issue with reporting I am not sure question "when is the next update" or its variations conflicts with forum rules =S
no need to ignore the thread, damn, just ignore trolling users - that was the point.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes