Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I have objection here, Cordia doesnt try to protect Gracie from something, she tries to protect world from Gracie

MC told Gracie if she asked Cordia why she dont allow her to enter family business and that the Cordias answer;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Meanwhile me: "Should I first unleash Cthulhu or Gracie to the world? mmmmm"

Reactions: Lord Verminaard

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Thing is, Gracie isn't fragile, she's similar to Cordia which is what she wants to stop.

She isn't protecting Gracie, she's protecting everyone else. Gracie has the potential to make Luna look like a fluffy pussy cat in comparison.

Imagine someone highly intelligent that can read you like a book, knows exactly what you are going to do before you do it and has no issue carving the flesh from your loved ones while singing along to Spice Girls to drown out their screams ... all the while wondering what flavour ice cream she wants later.

Gracie isn't fragile, she potentially the most dangerous person in the game.
Oh, she is potentially dangerous, I agree. But she doesn't strike me as a psychopath, either. She is highly intelligent, a genius, but it doesn't mean that she is lacking empathy. She is just much better at controlling her emotions, analyze, rationalize and filter them before letting or showing anything out. Generally, the more intelligent people are, the better they are at controlling themselves. This doesn't make them psychopaths.
She can just switch off her empathy for outsiders when needed, to protect the people she loves. And probably wouldnt have issues carving someones flesh when required, while singing to Spice Girls to drown the screams and help herself to concentrate and suppress her own emotions. Doesn't mean she would enjoy doing it or that she would do it for fun.

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
She does lack empathy, that's the point, it's been mentioned more than once.
I guess I don't remember the story that well, it's been quite a while since the last update when I played it last time.
But I also don't remember any proof to that claim about the lack of empathy. What has she done to prove it? Skinned neighbors cat for fun as a child? :unsure:
Even if Cordia believes that she does lack empathy, she could just be wrong about her.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I guess I don't remember the story that well, it's been quite a while since the last update when I played it last time.
But I also don't remember any proof to that claim about the lack of empathy. What has she done to prove it? Skinned neighbors cat for fun as a child? :unsure:
Even if Cordia believes that she does lack empathy, she could just be wrong about her.
In Wilfred's words, she's rather "incompetent on matters regarding humans interactions, socialization."

Though the game does gives several hints as to her somewhat lack of empathy towards others.

An example would be Trino's execution after the beach prison event. Antonio executes Trino in Cordia's office after the beach prison event, & MC is shook a bit seeing someone executed for the first time.
Cordia, Wilfred, and Antonio are unaffected, because they are hardened veterans who went through many kills, wars etc.

But Gracie, who inadvertently sees Trino's corpse after coming in to Cordia's office to ask her mother something, doesn't bat an eye, and act exactly as she normally does in cheery self.

That's one of the events which shows why probably you'd see people say Gracie has lack of empathy (other than her scaring the crap out of MC after the Isabel freezer event, even if it was a poor joke from her end).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Skinned neighbors cat for fun as a child? :unsure:
I don't think it means what you think it means....

Lacking empathy is her not showing emotions the way other people do, she doesn't know how to interact with people because she doesn't think like everyone else.

She has shown her lack of empathy several times.

What you suggest is psychotic behavior. She isn't violent, she just doesn't feel how other people feel. She has the potential to become violent but skinning a cat isn't quite how it would go. She wouldn't have any emotions regarding executing a man infront of his kids, that kind of thing.

Like acting cheerful around the corpse of a man she knew. Where someone like Luna would have revelled in the kill, Gracie just gave zero fucks, it didn't effect her at all.

She cares about the people close to her but anyone outside of that bubble means nothing.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I don't think it means what you think it means....

Lacking empathy is her not showing emotions the way other people do, she doesn't know how to interact with people because she doesn't think like everyone else.

She has shown her lack of empathy several times.

What you suggest is psychotic behavior. She isn't violent, she just doesn't feel how other people feel. She has the potential to become violent but skinning a cat isn't quite how it would go. She wouldn't have any emotions regarding executing a man infront of his kids, that kind of thing.

Like acting cheerful around the corpse of a man she knew. Where someone like Luna would have revelled in the kill, Gracie just gave zero fucks, it didn't effect her at all.

She cares about the people close to her but anyone outside of that bubble means nothing.
While it can be justified that "she lived in the house all her life, so she's bound to have seen some kills happen even in the house some way or another [i.e. it's not her first kill that she's seen]." I think the most common reaction one would expect from a person would be one of the following:

1) Revel at the kill like Luna (though in Luna's case, her mental scars due to her kidnapping as a child does play a big factor in her psyche overall),

or

2) Feel repulsed by it all every time.

And even within that bubble of hers, seeing the way she uses a threat as a joke in such a way that everyone except her would take seriously does also point out the lack of empathy from her character.

Joshuam303

Feb 27, 2020
I am super sad though that there won't be any scenes between Gracie/Luna or Gracie/Codia since Hope said that there won't be incest :'(

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I am super sad though that there won't be any scenes between Gracie/Luna or Gracie/Codia since Hope said that there won't be incest :'(
Believe it or not, not all families like fucking each other... and it really does not fit the story. The girls really love each other as siblings and Cordia is their mother..

So yeah... incest would really felt weird. Besides it is not like there is little incest in this forum, go pick something else...

What i am sorry is that Hopes strongly suggested no civil war... I wanted chaos inside DeLuca. Some Luna vs Gracie, or Sister vs Mother..

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
What i am sorry is that Hopes strongly suggested no civil war... I wanted chaos inside DeLuca. Some Luna vs Gracie, or Sister vs Mother..
I know your evil. The chaos you want is only so that you can first participate in it and be the great hero who solve it and mediate between them and get the price for it.:sneaky:

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ayhsel and whichone

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Believe it or not, not all families like fucking each other... and it really does not fit the story. The girls really love each other as siblings and Cordia is their mother..

So yeah... incest would really felt weird. Besides it is not like there is little incest in this forum, go pick something else...

while incest is one of my main kinks around here i would actually be disappointed if Hopes added it in this game. I just don't want in this game, it would just feel out of place and wrong.

About the civil war thing......you're a sadistic chocolate vampire.....

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Gracie plays people around her for various reasons so far known only to herself.
If I remember correctly, she was "angry" about Isabel occupying most of Antonio's time, leaving nothing for Gracie. While this isn't exactly sharing, the truth is that Antonio has also almost completely neglected his wife by now, too.
My point was not this, Gracie dont see humans as ... well, humans. She she humans something to posses in a way, so she dont care if he sees her wife or not, she sees as now Isabelle have Antonio, therefore she is not a good person. (I wont say hate, because that was due to cheating part)

Somewhere in this mission, MC asks "How we can continue if Antonio still around you, our social education thing" question and Gracie replies "Yeah you are right, that makes his existance abundant" -or something like that, I cant remember exactly- and then accept apology from Isabelle She is extremely possessive and hates sharing what is valuable to her.

I'm starting to remember that she was aware about the little sharade that locked them together into a closed space without an option to leave and played along despite of it. :rolleyes: This kind of suggests that she was expecting something like this to happen and approved it.
She explained it as "I have noticed yourfirst and second decoy plans but I couldnt see the end result, without an end result or ace in the hole, whole plan was pointless like making an excellent meal than leaving it to cool too much So I played along" and threaten MC Most probably she understood about camera/audio thing.

I dont think Gracie cares about maturity by the way, she is learning friendship from books, how can she know about maturity? She even thought holding hands in public is something shamefull, "testing about putting his thing to every hole" is something I wouldnt expect from Gracie, at least for now, because she dont have clue about any social interactions or anything social.

Reactions: c3p0
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes