whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I am glad that Hopes had someone else program it, since I would hate for him to use his own time on that, but really, I think Hopes should stick do what he does best, make a wonderful story, with deep, well-fleshed out characters, with enough mystery to keep everyone guessing and looking forward to each update. After about an hour, I couldn't take it anymore and restarted in the story+freeroaming mode.
Agreed. You can clearly see the difference in calibre between writers.
It's like when your favourite TV show switches director, half-way through a season.

Fitret

Jun 23, 2019
The Deluca Family. It is one of the most beautiful games shared on the F95Zone platform. Conract Menu Changed in Last Update Totally disappointing. The playability was completely gone, I was able to scroll through the old menu. I couldn't do a single task in this new menu. I do not know how to speak English. The Contract menu should have been more understandable. From my point of view now this game has lost its playability. Let this be my last comment. However, I would like to thank everyone who contributed.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
Hate it? I LOVE that story. Yeah, it's dark and bad things happen, but giving us a glimpse into what makes her mind work the way it does was priceless to me. But it was so well written.

please do not get this wrong, it's just too well described...one more reason to love Luna, is sad but also good that it didn't break her.

that's why we love them all...whoever says something else is stupid.

Reactions: Roche3945

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I really, really, do not like the new missions. It seems an unnecessary grind. I didn't love the last version missions either, but at least it was pretty clear what to do, and it was fairly simple and not too time consuming, so I had no major issues with it. These new missions, however, take hours of clicking to complete, without any interesting renders or anything else compelling to make it all worth it. I really don't get the point, myself.
Agreed, 100%.
Another thing, I am not a fan of the new cartoon style drawn photos of the characters for each room. It really looks out of place in your game. It's something I would expect in some sort of cutesy anime game, but not Deluca Family.
Agreed, 100%. Looks chintzy & totally out of place/character with the game, its characters & its world.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know you are experimenting with something new, Hopes, and I appreciate that. It is important to take risks in life and art, and who knows, maybe many of the fans that have a lot more patience, and an unrealized love of text-based games will enjoy it, but for me, it was not fun at all, and didn't add in any meaningful way to the story.
Agreed, 100%. lol
You just spoke my mind. :LOL: (y)

Last edited:

mrmcfappen

Sep 10, 2019
again my computer doesn't like to run ren'py 7.4 .... says something about needing opengl2.0 or higher .... i looked it up and it deals with video ... and mine is only version 1.0 :(
Unless your PC is older than 15+ years old, your display adapter should support at least openGL2.1. If that is the case you're out of luck but if it isn't then you either have a driver issue or hardware issue. You can try to get more info by opening the device manager, extend the collapsed lists and right click on any device showing an exclamation mark in a little yellow triangle and look at its properties.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If uninstalling and reinstalling display drivers doesn't help even after using to uninstall them or the issue is persisting even after completely clean fresh OS installation, then that means there's something wrong with the hardware.
You can try cleaning the PC removing any corrosion build-up that can be seen on old electronics due to moisture in the air.
If you have a desktop PC with a discrete GPU, you can try to install the GPU in another (appropriate) slot in the motherboard. If this helps that means either your motherboard's or CPU's PCI-E controller is at fault (usually the lower slot is controlled by the motherboard and upper/top slot by CPU) and not the GPU itself.
If you have a laptop with both discrete GPU and on board graphics like the example image above in the spoiler, then try disabling the one that shows error in the device manager.

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
I really enjoyed the new missions. I think there is room for improvement, but the concept is solid. Some things I think would help people:

1. You don't really have to grind them like the old missions. You can earn exp from doing the normal side quests, as well as money and stat points. I only played through the missions once or twice, and definitely not back to back.
2. If you're going to play through again, wait until you have a decent stat difference.
3. Don't forget equipment. If it's a night mission, you probably want more stealth, if it's a day mission, more threat. The Painter needs high stats to do well, so wait until after you finish all of the girl's side quests.
4. There are abilities attached to the legendary items which are very useful in the last mission for getting everything

Reactions: johnelros

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well, since some of the more "strict" Christians (especially in the US if compared to Europe, dunno how it is in other parts of the world) are very much about virginity, the, ehm, literal "loophole" presents itself at the back, so you can fuck like the bible told you to. (Never mind that it didn't, that the pure technicality of an intact hymen can be bad anyway, that it could be repaired, etc.) Which leads to the situation, which for my culture is strange but can also be seen in quite a few games around here, that anal is an earlier "base" than vaginal.
Catholics aren't permitted to use contraceptives, I'm sure that the inability of that hole to get pregnant isn't missed by some of them at least.

tfahy96

Sep 9, 2018
idk what I did but for some reason I can't get the sound of the running water from when you take Gracie to the bridge to meet her friends to stop. I tied redoing the event but it wont go away

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I think the Nimble Finger fight is a little bit bugged. Earned ranked D even though I didn't drop any HP. Thus it seems I don't have a chance for the Hardened Gloves (R). I also couldn't find a way to unlock the Mommys Good Girl image and missed the book at the market same as whichone.

I haven't yet unlocked Mikly Luna, Chibi Isabel and I'm a Hero either, though I'm not finished with the game yet, so could be that I still can.

Other than that:
I think the contract are improved, but are not yet faultless. I like to have different ways for a mission and, personal, don't that some stuff is stats locked or even have a bit of luck in it. Yet what I dislike is when some stuff could be missed, because we haven't the right stats (or luck) first time.

Also for what I see, I can't argue with others that doesn't seem this worth of 9 months waiting as I tend to agree with them on this.
Beside version 0.07 looks like it has a few bugs in it that seems for me to be rather big and thus I'm a little suprised that they weren't catched during beta testing.

Still one of the best games out there and I could laught at the scene of Luna, Gracie, Wilfred, the (un)forgettable Joey and Gottardo.
Thank ya for the feedback, c3p0
The book should not disappear unless you buy it so that may be a bug. Will look into that.
Nothing in the contracts is missable. If you fail a check you can always retry em.

The bugs got quickly fixed, sadly it got leaked faster than I could fix it.

I will improve on the things you mentioned for sure tho.

So I'm playing 0.07.1, and am coming tot he issue where I cannot do "Burn the Ombras" because Uncle keeps saying I need to get my gun even though I have it equiped when I go into the equip menu within the work screen.
Have to download the newest version.

HopesGaming Another thought for you, mate. For the sake of efficiency, we currently have to click 4 x to see our Contract Stats: Study, Wilfred, Work, Equipment.
It would be easier if they were also visible when we click once, to select C Character Stats.
Plenty of room available, there:
View attachment 1133445

btw - Knowledge and Intelligence, I get that they're different, but isn't this splitting hairs in terms of stats?
I can have all the Knowledge in the world but, without the Intelligence to use it, it's worthless.
Equally, I can have all the Intelligence in the world, but without Knowledge to support it and feed it.....
I'm not sure that having these as independent stats, works.
Yush, agree, will have it in there as well.

Well, I started the update. It was refreshing to see all the old characters again, and it had been so long, that it still seemed fresh.

A few comments.
I really, really, do not like the new missions. It seems an unnecessary grind. I didn't love the last version missions either, but at least it was pretty clear what to do, and it was fairly simple and not too time consuming, so I had no major issues with it. These new missions, however, take hours of clicking to complete, without any interesting renders or anything else compelling to make it all worth it. I really don't get the point, myself.

I am glad that Hopes had someone else program it, since I would hate for him to use his own time on that, but really, I think Hopes should stick do what he does best, make a wonderful story, with deep, well-fleshed out characters, with enough mystery to keep everyone guessing and looking forward to each update. After about an hour, I couldn't take it anymore and restarted in the story+freeroaming mode.

This is just one person's opinion, so if many other fans think the text-based missions are a nice diversion from the rest of the story, than great. I am glad I can skip them, so many thanks for giving us all a choice, but I am just giving my opinion as a long-time fan, and sometimes patron. I love Deluca Family, but the new text missions really detract from the enjoyment for me. I just don't have the patience for repeated click-fests to grind money. If you ever want to take your game to a bigger platform, I see this as a major complaint.

Another thing, I am not a fan of the new cartoon style drawn photos of the characters for each room. It really looks out of place in your game. It's something I would expect in some sort of cutesy anime game, but not Deluca Family. It doesn't effect the gameplay at all, of course, but it makes the whole look less professional, and really takes you out of the overall gangster theme, in my opinion. I prefer rendered head shots or something similar.

The story is wonderful as always, and I enjoy experiencing it a second time, but just giving my honest opinion, as one player, I think the new direction detracts from the enjoyment of your otherwise amazing game.

I know you are experimenting with something new, Hopes, and I appreciate that. It is important to take risks in life and art, and who knows, maybe many of the fans that have a lot more patience, and an unrealized love of text-based games will enjoy it, but for me, it was not fun at all, and didn't add in any meaningful way to the story.
Thank ya for the feedback Smarmint.
Yeah, it seems to be really a hit or miss so far. That's why I made it an option and having a team making it so it won't take time.

I really enjoyed the new missions. I think there is room for improvement, but the concept is solid. Some things I think would help people:

1. You don't really have to grind them like the old missions. You can earn exp from doing the normal side quests, as well as money and stat points. I only played through the missions once or twice, and definitely not back to back.
2. If you're going to play through again, wait until you have a decent stat difference.
3. Don't forget equipment. If it's a night mission, you probably want more stealth, if it's a day mission, more threat. The Painter needs high stats to do well, so wait until after you finish all of the girl's side quests.
4. There are abilities attached to the legendary items which are very useful in the last mission for getting everything
Awesome :)!

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
idk what I did but for some reason I can't get the sound of the running water from when you take Gracie to the bridge to meet her friends to stop. I tied redoing the event but it wont go away
Are you on 0.07.1?

kecaldw

May 19, 2020
how about they fix the part where you have to start all over. How about making previous saves work. Or make it to where you can make money faster and get your skills better. I kinda liked the old version where you could learn skills from books and the missions were better. Not this new cheesy retarded map system.

Reactions: Roche3945 and Aooc

Ishandul

Jun 16, 2018
Are the Holy Pants a "miss it and its gone" deal?
I've done the mission already but didnt get the pants the first time. On replays of the mission theres no option to get or place the flag again, just get the package from the marketplace and deliver it to the church.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I've done the mission already but didnt get the pants the first time. On replays of the mission theres no option to get or place the flag again, just get the package from the marketplace and deliver it to the church.
They're not, I got them on a later playthrough. Have you upgraded to 0.7.1?

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Quite the opposite. Looks like you can get all the special equipment multiple times, with different qualities. I just got a second Fedora, that has better stats than the first one I got.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes