Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
Huge fan of the game, undoubtedly a work of art in my view and very excited to see the update released and the progress Hopes has made. Have to say though I'm not wild about the new missions.

The concept is good and I'm not opposed to the idea of needing to do more to succeed than was required in the previous version. But as others have said, the grind is real and the success/failure balance is off in the early game. It's just a little too unforgiving to be fun, in my view. Succeeding at an early contract is tough because you don't have money to buy the equipment you need or the necessary xp (failing on charisma, intelligence, stealth etc). I imagine that your luck does improve as you level up, as it did with the previous version, but because the game-time spent doing a contract is much greater, the frustration at failing one is magnified. The fact that failure also means losing mission points that then have to be replaced (costing money) just makes the experience a bit too demanding. I'd be tempted to bypass them entirely after my first sample, except for the fact that it seems there is some visual content in there that would be missed. (I saw some of it and then...failed the contract, so missed the rest).

Just my thoughts but some possible adjustments might be to: only make contracts available after a certain experience level has been reached, or make the success threshold lower, (both of these are really saying the same thing - make them easier), or introduce a more reliable way of earning money, so the cost of contract failure isn't so high.

However it remains a fantastic game, I love the improved visuals and new scenes I've seen so far, and wish nothing but good things for the dev.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Are the Holy Pants a "miss it and its gone" deal?
I've done the mission already but didnt get the pants the first time. On replays of the mission theres no option to get or place the flag again, just get the package from the marketplace and deliver it to the church.
Purposely lower either your intelligence or charisma to fail one of the stats. Go get the flag, plant it and choose "screw this". Go back to the church and explore

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
I am playing the 0.07.1 version, but there is no gun in the shop.....plz help.

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
ok ive played all the old content i chose the story only at the beginning now Wilfred is asking if i got a gun on this mode how do you do that ? is this bugged

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Are the Holy Pants a "miss it and its gone" deal?
I've done the mission already but didnt get the pants the first time. On replays of the mission theres no option to get or place the flag again, just get the package from the marketplace and deliver it to the church.
Can I ask, just doing that mission now & I've not seen the Flag.
Went to the market and was able to collect the parcel for the sisters, but no clue on how to get the flag for the NW area?

Ishandul

Jun 16, 2018
Purposely lower either your intelligence or charisma to fail one of the stats. Go get the flag, plant it and choose "screw this". Go back to the church and explore
This worked, I had been skipping the opening dialogue and totally missed the stat checks being passed. Unequipped all my gear and did the mission again. Stat checks fail and I got the option to do the flag part again.
Thank you Zirael Q

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Huge fan of the game, undoubtedly a work of art in my view and very excited to see the update released and the progress Hopes has made. Have to say though I'm not wild about the new missions.

The concept is good and I'm not opposed to the idea of needing to do more to succeed than was required in the previous version. But as others have said, the grind is real and the success/failure balance is off in the early game. It's just a little too unforgiving to be fun, in my view. Succeeding at an early contract is tough because you don't have money to buy the equipment you need or the necessary xp (failing on charisma, intelligence, stealth etc). I imagine that your luck does improve as you level up, as it did with the previous version, but because the game-time spent doing a contract is much greater, the frustration at failing one is magnified. The fact that failure also means losing mission points that then have to be replaced (costing money) just makes the experience a bit too demanding. I'd be tempted to bypass them entirely after my first sample, except for the fact that it seems there is some visual content in there that would be missed. (I saw some of it and then...failed the contract, so missed the rest).

Just my thoughts but some possible adjustments might be to: only make contracts available after a certain experience level has been reached, or make the success threshold lower, (both of these are really saying the same thing - make them easier), or introduce a more reliable way of earning money, so the cost of contract failure isn't so high.

However it remains a fantastic game, I love the improved visuals and new scenes I've seen so far, and wish nothing but good things for the dev.
I'll say that I actually agree with most if not all you said, a good way to mitigate the money problem would be to get more of it on the main/side quest that is not contracts, at least enough so you don't need to actually do contracts for any reason besides actually progressing the story, that way you could progress side/main quests and gain attribute points that way, that is my idea at least, probably has a lot of holes in it though

Reactions: Pendrell

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Heya,

That was an interresting update.
I'm not a fan of the text-based combat in general, but this one was well done (some bugs but it will be fixed eventually).
Maybe give another choice of color for the background of these text-based combats would be a good idea, because white writting on black background is quite exhausting for the eyes.
At first I thought it was a bit of a shame that the rescue mission was like a normal contract, but then I thought "why not, it's pretty easy to do".

But there is something I didn't understand about the story.
Why does everyone think the MC is weak ?
If it was at the beginning of the story, okay nobody knows him, but then he saves Luna, he captures Eiza, he becomes a Soldato, etc...
He has certain feats.
Was it really worth humiliating him like that ?

I think it will be pretty easy to have sex with Caterina, you just need to offer her a giant poster of Cordia, and she will be yours forever.

Also, isn't Gracie some kind of psychotic/psychopath girl ?

Good job Dev.

Reactions: Roche3945

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Can I ask, just doing that mission now & I've not seen the Flag.
Went to the market and was able to collect the parcel for the sisters, but no clue on how to get the flag for the NW area?
You should be able to buy it (for $50) at the market via the interact.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You should be able to buy it (for $50) at the market via the interact.
No option to do so, for me.
Only option is to talk to Pedro.
After talking with Pedro & collecting the package, the only Interact option is "Leave".
I'm on 7.1.

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
If it was at the beginning of the story, okay nobody knows him, but then he saves Luna, he captures Eiza, he becomes a Soldato, etc...
Right, but he's *just a Soldato*. The characters he interacts with are Elites, Capos, Serpents.. the top-tier people. He's clearly NOT at that level, and his treatment is "unusual" to them.

Furthermore, if you did the last mission you should know MC directly tries to hide his competence.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
I'm on the updated 7.1 version, and I've found a couple more issues in the nimble fingers fight (besides the rank one one or two people mentioned before, which I'm also getting), after reading through the .rpy files I did manage to figure out why a couple are happening:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: one more bug, I can only peek on the girls up to stealth 6, with nore than that the option to peek disappears

No option to do so, for me.
Only option is to talk to Pedro.
After talking with Pedro & collecting the package, the only Interact option is "Leave".
I'm on 7.1.
if you pass both the charisma and intelligence checks at the start of the mission you sidestep the flag quest and are imediately told the package is in the market, you need fail one or both of them to get the flag quest, which is just one of the sisters pranking you

Last edited:

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Right, but he's *just a Soldato*. The characters he interacts with are Elites, Capos, Serpents.. the top-tier people. He's clearly NOT at that level, and his treatment is "unusual" to them.

Furthermore, if you did the last mission you should know MC directly tries to hide his competence.
Yeah I read it, but still, I found it harsh toward him.
Nobody was born as a Capo, everyone started like the MC.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes