whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
But it's not a reward for mission success. It's a bonus for doing things outside of the mission. All of the L equipment are like that
The Glasses are gained without failing anything, en route to completing the mission.
The Trousers are specifically gained by failing something, en route to completing the mission.
I suppose that the Gloves are gained with an A in the fight, not an S.
So, at least, there's a precedent for failing interactions to gain rewards.

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
The Trousers are specifically gained by failing something.
No, the route which leads to the pants STARTS with a failure check, and not even on an action you take. It occurs not when you follow the mission parameters but when you end up ignoring them, then returning to start and exploring. As I said, it's not PART of the mission, it's a bonus. No part of the mission parameters are related to catching a nun masturbating and then stealing some pants on the floor. Furthermore, you didn't lose Mission Points for that "failure" which should be your feedback that's it's not a fatal error.

Sad but happy

Feb 23, 2021
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 513, in execute_show_screen
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 444, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 740, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 741, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 743, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 755, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 757, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 766, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 769, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 769, in keywords
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'value'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "TSpecial/Introduction.rpyc", line 797, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 299, in script call
File "code/map_instances.rpyc", line 25, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 456, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 506, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 514, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 509, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 541, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 509, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 530, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 592, in script call
File "code/Status.rpyc", line 99, in script call
File "code/Fights.rpyc", line 11, in script call
File "TSpecial/povRoom.rpyc", line 409, in script call
File "TSpecial/Story.rpyc", line 368, in script call
File "code/map_instances.rpyc", line 25, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 165, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 165, in script call
File "Missions/NimbleFinger.rpyc", line 186, in script call
File "code/Status.rpyc", line 135, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
File "renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 513, in execute_show_screen
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2251, in do_with
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 625, in update
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 740, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 741, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 755, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 757, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 766, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 769, in execute
File "game/screens/inventoryScreen.rpy", line 769, in keywords
File "<screen language>", line 769, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'value'

```

Anyone know what is the problem everytime i buy something from the shop i can't go back or ignore it so game crashed obviosly!

Reactions: JenusKudo

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
No, the route which leads to the pants STARTS with a failure check, and not even on an action you take. It occurs not when you follow the mission parameters but when you end up ignoring them, then returning to start and exploring. As I said, it's not PART of the mission, it's a bonus. No part of the mission parameters are related to catching a nun masturbating and then stealing some pants on the floor. Furthermore, you didn't lose Mission Points for that "failure" which should be your feedback that's it's not a fatal error.
No it doesn't. What are you talking about?
It fails if your Charisma or Perception are too low.
There are multiple stat level checks. If you fail one, you get the reward.
If you pass them all, as I did, you do not.
I had to unequip items, to lower my stats, to gain the reward.
So it specifically occurred due to an action I did (unequip), or did not take.

Last edited:

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
No it doesn't. What are you talking about?
It fails if your Charisma or Perception is too low.
There are multiple stat level checks. If you fail one, you get the reward.
If you pass them all, as I did, you do not.
I had to unequip items to lower my stats, to gain the reward.
So it specifically occurred due to an action I did, or did not take.
No, failing those checks (which again, is not based on an action the player takes and does not lead to MP loss) unlocks the path that leads to the pants. You don't get the reward for failing it, it's a different route. It. Is. Not. Part. Of. The. Mission. Finding those pants are not a reward for doing any mission objectives. It's an easter egg.

megido06

Mar 22, 2019
Soo.... Contract about burning ombra is buggy huh
I already equip a gun but wilferd keep say no
I Already download version 7.1 :cry:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
No, failing those checks (which again, is not based on an action the player takes and does not lead to MP loss) unlocks the path that leads to the pants. You don't get the reward for failing it, it's a different route. It. Is. Not. Part. Of. The. Mission. Finding those pants are not a reward for doing any mission objectives. It's an easter egg.
No-one said you do not unlock the path.
You're disputing something that hasn't been said.

The fact that passing a mission with 100% success does not provide reward, but passing it with a failure being necessary to gain the reward, quite specifically, makes it a reward for failure.

Do you get the reward for passing all possible interactions, 100% success? No. There is no reward for 100% success.
Do you only get the reward if you specifically fail some? Yes.
So, it's a reward you can only gain if you fail at something? Yes.
You can call it an easter egg, you can dress it up in a frock.
You can only gain it by failing an interaction. You have to fail, to gain it.
It's a reward for failure.

Failure of these interactions 100% is based on my decision as the player.
If I equip all the best items I have, I pass everything & get no reward.
If I remove some of those items, I fail some & gain the reward.

That is why it is counter-intuitive.
You would justifiably expect that putting in the best possible performance, would gain the best possible rewards.
I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation.

Last edited:

DrakteisckyG

Dec 8, 2018
Mh, I'm a bit confused on the direction here.
I don't want to be harsh but I thought all this time was used to remove the useless free roam part and focus on the story, not to add a more convoluted gameplay that adds nothing.
Just to be clear, I love the core of this novel and i'm complaining only because I feel Hopes is wasting his time on unnecessary things here. Let's face it, the gameplay is boring/bad and multiple choices aren't the goal of this game.
In my opinion; here we have a great Visual Novel hide beneath a bad game.

zainon

Jan 27, 2021
you guys should play the game with contract, dont play roam and story. i know it's pain in the ass but there are some info there. i met the one who issue the mc's contract named steadfast. that dude also dropped a bomb, mc
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnelros

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
HEAVY SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT FINSHED THE NEW UPDATE DON'T READ

i have some questions about the new characters and content that might be added latter

first is the Nun we meet in the recuse mission acts like we know her i chose the story only mode so i have to ask does she appear in the contracts from Walter she just shows up and is like Hi MC long time no see let me suck your pecker it very confusing

we get are first Soldier who works for us i think the dev said we will get more as the story goes on but Eiza tell us that she will come at night to report to us in this update that docent happen so will that be added in future where we can talk and do other things with are subordinates

will we ever get to be the one who looks like a badass ( this is not a question but a complaint give us a suite and a pencil already )

Last edited:

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
Well, everyone already wrote what they think about new update, but I finished the game just a few hrs ago, and I thought I'll still write few words about my experience with the contracts.

I started doing them when I needed $250 for the 1st Luna quest. I've read the description, saw it's a stealth op, went to buy stealth gear, failed twice (a tutorial would be nice btw) and brought back 2 items on the 3rd try. It was fairly interesting, but nothing really great happened there and for the most part it seemed like a separate addition that doesn't influence anything in any meaningful way. That meant that my only motivation to do the contract was to proceed further in the main story. So I decided to go "contract->sleep->contract->..." until I had enough money. After new contracts opened I've decided to do the one that was stealth oriented since I already had the gear. It gave me enough money to painlessly continue the main game and at this point I stopped even reading what was happening, just looked where my skills checked and where they failed to simply find the quickest way to earn some easy money. At some point I noticed I'm just mindlessy clicking the same buttons over and over again without having any fun and with the feeling of losing my time on unnecessary grind. So I decided to restart the game with VN+free roam option.

So yeah, while it's obvious the minigame has been made with love and it could be a fun minigame for many I just find it not at all interesting and having to click numerous times through the shop, equipment screen and being forced to repeat missions (thus spending more time on clicking) to find all there's to find felt tedious and like a waste of time. Again, it's just my own feeling about it.

The game itself is really great though, I laughed few times, grew to like Luna very much, so in the end I am grateful for the possibility of playing without the contracts (although then MC's musings about money don't have that much sense :p).

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i chose the story only mode so i have to ask does she appear in the contracts from Walter she just shows up and is like Hi MC long time no see let me suck your pecker it very confusing
Yes, she is in one of the contracts (from Wilfred ;)). (y)
Also, use spoilers, just in case someone missed the first line! lol I know, but you'd be surprised. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Still getting a feel for the new contracts system. It's a bit jarring as the feel and flow is completely different from the main game. The old system pretty much resolved the contract with a single click, so while it wasn't a particularly deep system, it didn't get in the way either. I can appreciate the modular nature of the new system, and some of the flavour it adds. Just unsure so far whether this is the optimal delivery mechanism. It's in a place right now where the presentation makes it feel like it's less important than the main game, but if you don't pay as much attention (or more) than you do in the main game, you get punished. Not a fan of the decision to prevent rollback during missions, either. Don't have to go so oldschool that you're actively trying to prevent save scumming. Not sure about specific ways to improve the experience yet, and skeptical that suggestions would be very useful, considering the time it took to develop the current system.

One suggestion that comes a little too late is - if you're making a game update that breaks all the saves, why not change the name of the save folder in the options, so that the player has a clean slate in the game, and isn't stuck with several pages of broken saves instead?

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
The fact that passing a mission with 100% success does not provide reward, but passing it with a failure being necessary to gain the reward, quite specifically, makes it a reward for failure.
This is the last time I will say this: nothing related to those "failed checks" are part of the mission objectives. None of them. You 100% the mission by delivering the package. You unlock an easter egg by taking a specific set of steps that are outside the mission and are rewarded with special equipment.

Reactions: johnelros

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
This is the last time I will say this: nothing related to those "failed checks" are part of the mission objectives. None of them. You 100% the mission by delivering the package. You unlock an easter egg by taking a specific set of steps that are outside the mission and are rewarded with special equipment.
No-one said anything about failing the mission. Once again you're arguing against something that was never said.
I quite specifically said failing interactions.
You must fail the interaction, to gain the reward.
You can dress it up as an easter egg, or whatever term you wish. It's the shown mission reward, yet it's a reward only gained by failing something, so it's a reward for failure.
I'm sorry you seem unable to interpret this, but that's it. It's as simple as that.

100% success on all interactions = no reward.
90% success/10% failure = reward. (hypothetical %)
You only gain the reward, if you fail the interaction.
If failure is the key to receiving the reward, then it is a reward for failure.

As there is no reward for 100% success (passing all interactions), it would make more sense for this to be what we get the reward for.
Complete the mission to the highest possible standard, to receive the reward/easter-egg.
That would be intuitive.
It would also be the same as the others, they are intuitive, where you need high enough Perception for the old man to appear & you need high enough Charisma to succeed with Bikini Girl. This one you need to have low stats to fail, not high stats to succeed. Hence counter-intuitive.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes