JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
In my opinion, it was very necessary. I didn't see is as immature, but saw it as a shot across the bow of those few people that frequently show up around here with "white knight syndrome". I laughed a lot, and didn't mind it taking me out of the mood of the game for a few moments. Plus, whenever we see one of these folks show up, we can just shout "Filius, it is you!".

The sense of infantile entitlement of a vocal few of the commenters in this thread over the years has been unbelievable. If a player doesn't like the game, fine, either keep it to yourself or maybe offer constructive criticism if you feel you have something new to say, but to constantly harp on the fact that Hopes is focusing on developing a believable story, and that the game is ruined and pointless to play unless Hopes makes the MC jump in bed with the daughters of the don after just a few weeks, is very childish and completely unrealistic to the story and its characters. Even with a kiss, he takes his life in his hands. And Luna and Gracie are not the typical oversexed females present in most of the VNs here. No matter how pleasant and decent looking the MC is, in a story approximating real life characters, in a dramatic situation, neither Gracie or Luna are likely to want to sleep with the MC after just a short time. It would be very jarring to the story if one day it just happened. I applaud Hopes for sticking to his guns and telling the story he wants to tell, rather than caving to a few vocal complainers like some devs do.

And Hopes makes an important point in that these people aren't just happy just to complain once and then go play something else that is more to their preference, but they have to spend hours playing each update, just so they can come back to the forum here and complain some more. And the "white-night" attitude is especially misguided. They seem to feel like they are doing other players a huge favor (or pretending to), by pointing out over and over again what is obvious on the first page of the thread, and pretty much everywhere else.

Anyway, I don't really feel the need to see Filius show up in the game again, but I think it was a humorous way for Hopes to make his point, and since the complainers secretly love Deluca Family and are first in line to play each update so they can have a new round of complaints ready, I am sure they all saw the satirical depiction of themselves. I wonder if they all looked up what Filius Canis means in Latin.
Nicely said.
To add a little bit, what these real-life Filius tend to do (more often than not lol) is that they tend to make a blatant attack or complaints on the game (since it didn't give something they want, such as girls jumping on MC's dick as son as possible), and when they get called out (by Hopes, and fair number of long-staying fans, who have been with the game for quite a while now), what they say often is "Ohhhhhhhh, you all cannot take constructive criticism."

One of the common traits of these Filiuses is that they are under the delusion that what they are saying is constructive criticism, when it shows time and time again, it's not and mere cries because they're not getting what they want.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You know, I'd wager that there are not many other "sex game sites" holding conversations about grammatical gender in Latin.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
MC disciplines the dog after he/she makes a big mess in his room:

MC: "No! Bad dog!"
Dog: (growls at MC initially in annoyance and instantly runs off somewhere)
MC: Hey! Where are you going! I'm not finished with you!"

Dog: (Whines sadly to Luna & Gracie)
Luna: What's wrong boy/girl? Is your daddy being grumpy again?

Luna: Hope! Stop being grumpy to (insert dog name)!
Gracie: Yeah Hope! Stop being bad to (inset dog name)!!
MC: (pointing at the mess of the room) Look what he/she did!

Luna: (totally ignoring MC, petting the dog): You're the best boy/girl aren't you? Yes you are, yes you are!!
Gracie: (also totally ignoring MC, petting the dog): Awwww...... he/she's rolling around wagging the tail again!!! So adorable!

MC: (shaking his head) I give up.

Not as funny as I would have liked, but one of possible scenarios of what might happen in-house lol.
I think we need to have a small cub of a lion as pet here. Would be so much fun seeing such a beautiful creature acting like a small puppy, while powerful enought to bite MC hand if he/she wanted to.

Always putting MC is a tight spot, playful with the girls, breaking Wilfred's wine (MC and wilfred would be totally allies in trying to keep the little fellow under control), perving innocently on all the girls, stealing thir clothes and making them end up in embarrasing situations. Never obeying anyone but Cordia.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I think we need to have a small cub of a lion as pet here. Would be so much fun seeing such a beautiful creature acting like a small puppy, while powerful enought to bite MC hand if he/she wanted too.

Always putting MC is a tight spot, playful with the girls, breaking Wilfred's wine (MC and wilfred would be totally allies in trying to keep the little fellow under control), perving innocently on all the girls, stealing thir clothes and making them end up in embarrasing situations. Never obeying anyone but Cordia.
Well, MC told Eiza that his favorite animal is a lion (or a tiger), so I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibilities :LOL:

The dog is as mischievous as they come, and gets MC into many trouble, but when it really matters, comes through for MC in his time of need.

And yes, perving innocently on the girls, and the girls may occasionally get annoyed with him yet, easily forgives him soon.

Wilfred: (after seeing some of his wine collection destroyed) Hope, get your pet under control, or he'll need to be......eliminated.
Girls (Luna, Gracie) giving Wilfred the death stare: Uncle Wilfred!!!

Causes trouble all around the household all except being sweet as a lamb to Cordia though, due to her charisma and charm :LOL:

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ayhsel and c3p0

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
What do the + and - Morality scores do?

It seems somewhat counter intuitive that...at least according to the guide...immoral choices add to morality.

What impact will this score actually have?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
What do the + and - Morality scores do?

It seems somewhat counter intuitive that...at least according to the guide...immoral choices add to morality.

What impact will this score actually have?
The name is a bit counter intuitive, yes. "+ morality" is the more brusque, forward, unscrupulous, DeLucaesque way of handling things, "- morality" the opposite. Maybe think "mob morals". Either way, as of now it has no impact on the game.

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The name is a bit counter intuitive, yes. "+ morality" is the more brusque, forward, unscrupulous, DeLucaesque way of handling things, "- morality" the opposite. Maybe think "mob morals". Either way, as of now it has no impact on the game.
I think Hopes said before morality is what it's phrased as in game's code.
In the game itself, currently the term used is "dispassion"

So, in game
Increase in morality stat = increase in dispassion

And vice versa.

And yes as you said, definition of morality stat here is a bit counter intuitive, since it's not how normal person would see morality.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
A bug I should report. It's persisted since the last update but is rather benign and harmless so i havn't much cared.

When the introduction of the new text-based missions, after I got the painkiller in that very first mission from the dog, i went to examine it....and even since the description for it has been stuck at the bottom of my screen.

"Painkiller: Heals the pain. +1 HP (Value: 40)"

Just like that, but ALWAYS at the bottom of my screen. Unobtrusive. Out of the way. But always there.

I did use unren, but only to be able to force skip through old dialogue. Which is ironic, cuz i havn't actually used it. I figured it's been so long I might as well replay the old content and job my memory on the plot development. But when the old saves originally broke I intended to super-speed through to the end.

Other than that i've used no cheats or console commands I can think of.

S1lyaaan

Mar 26, 2019
Don't know what lies ahead for the new update, but as soon as MC and Dominico faced off in the introduction, man that was already *Chef's Kiss* a masterpiece. Now I am going to play the update with high expectations.
HopesGaming Thanks for the masterpiece. Definitely worth the wait. (Tho I'm still at introduction part).

Reactions: uhhhok

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I think Hopes said before morality is what it's phrased as in game's code.
In the game itself, currently the term used is "dispassion"

So, in game
Increase in morality stat = increase in dispassion

And vice versa.

And yes as you said, definition of morality stat here is a bit counter intuitive, since it's not how normal person would see morality.
lol "Dispassion" was a bizarre choice of name.
What stat is "the absence of passion"? What does this do, make us lazy, withdrawn, or depressed? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Personally, I think "Honour" is a more appropriate term, for a mob game.
But would've been fine if it was kept as Morality, if the system worked + & - as everyone else on the planet does.
i.e. Doing moral things raises morality, doing immoral things lowers morality.
So stealing her panties & peeping at them in the shower is immoral, so should lower your Morality stat.
Nope. Opposite.

Maybe it should have just been changed to "Immorality".
Then it would make sense that the panty theft and peeping Tom stuff gets "+" points.

How i can do about this, someone help me please :cry:
You have posted this same issue in Dusklight Manor, University of Problems & Undercover Love.
The fact that it is happening on 4 games, suggests that the problem lies at a local level.
Not a game problem.
Only thing I can suggest, is to download the .dll it says you're missing?
There's a Windows Update for that should solve it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gustavous

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Replaying the game from the beginning I am again reminded that if i'm smart enough to have figured out that Gracie is a complete and total sociopath the MC should have by now too.

C'mon MC! Get with it and then learn to CONQUER her with it!

• Haha
Reactions: whichone
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes