kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
For sure, but luckily, we got to see a hint of what he's truly capable of when the assassin snuck in to kill him and he pulled off one of the most kick ass things in the game when he was right behind her and had a gun to her head.
Yeah totally that was pimp as hell. My only issue was he's been SO good at doing it that when something like that scene happened it felt out of character. But then I suppose going on about it too much would take away from the impact from scenes where he actually steps up

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I can't see him enter the tournament. As you said, they're really hammering home the plot point that the MC is less a hammer and more a scalpel. In the back. Less Luna and more.... calculating. Putting himself in (or simply participating by being forced) would ruin all that because certainly it seems even the MC knows his main strength is being under estimated. If you bring home the gold, no one's gonna wanna go up against you.
Agree about MC but, just a thought, entering the tournament is not the same as winning it.
The tournament probably wouldn't have been mentioned, if it wasn't going to be featured & MC entering is plausible under a few circumstances.
Could be as simple as Luna wants a chaperone.
Perhaps, when we get promoted, Cordia or Wilfred may choose to send us. Perhaps Wilfred sees it as a way for MC to recognise his physical abilities, as well as his plotting & scheming skills.
Either way, he's probably going to get "grumpy" & have a complaint about it. ;):LOL:

Also, where you say "if you bring home the gold, no-one's going to want to go against you", I'm not sure about that.
Maybe MC would quite enjoy not having anyone want to go against him?
Also, don't forget that being champion quite often puts a bigger target on your back and you may find that more people want to go against you.

IDK, but I don't think the Frenetico would have been mentioned as simply a throw away comment.
I fully expect it to feature in the game.
If it features in the game, MC will surely be there.

Reactions: c3p0

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Agree about MC but, just a thought, entering the tournament is not the same as winning it.
The tournament probably wouldn't have been mentioned, if it wasn't going to be featured & MC entering is plausible under a few circumstances.
Could be as simple as Luna wants a chaperone.
Perhaps, when we get promoted, Cordia or Wilfred may choose to send us. Perhaps Wilfred sees it as a way for MC to recognise his physical abilities, as well as his plotting & scheming skills.
Either way, he's probably going to get "grumpy" & have a complaint about it. ;):LOL:

Also, where you say "if you bring home the gold, no-one's going to want to go against you", I'm not sure about that.
Maybe MC would quite enjoy not having anyone want to go against him?
Also, don't forget that being champion quite often puts a bigger target on your back and you may find that more people want to go against you.

IDK, but I don't think the Frenetico would have been mentioned as simply a throw away comment.
I fully expect it to feature in the game.
If it features in the game, MC will surely be there.
Oh I agree it's definitely coming. It would be wasteful to reference it and then not expand upon it (especially as it's been mentioned... what? 3 times now) but my point about bringing home the gold and how the MC might want people to not go up against him is plausible however the MC's progression in the story so far seems to be more of something akin to him realsing his strength comes from being seen as a wolf in sheeps clothing, if you win that competition then you become more of a wolf in wolfs clothing like Luna or one of the Serpants. I believe he will become one of the Serpants along with Luna, but I believe that it'll be a big WOW, HOLY SHIT HIM? type reveal as opposed to the MC becoming a bad ass don't fuck with him type character.

Reactions: whichone

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I like the idea of it being a surprise, like that.
Only thing is, if he's reached the position where he's in the top rank of the family's structure, prior to Serpent, it should not really come as a surprise to anyone, if/when he reaches Serpent.
I'd expect that you can't really rise to rank of Capo, without people noticing you.

Then you could get opposition saying:
"Who's this guy? Him? A Capo?? Don't make me laugh!"
"Hey man, he won the Frenetico, don't take him lightly."
"Pah, look at him, he ain't shit."
MC gains flawless victory because they'd still underestimate him, at first.

Thinking about it more, I can see MC making it to the final & ending up vs Luna!
There's a way for him to enter, gain experience and yet not win.
Problem solved?
I would assume the surprise would be him getting to such a high rank without people knowing (beyond the people who seem to know of his circumstance in the first place). That certainly plays into the mystery around the character. "Who is this guy? How'd he get to stay in the house? Why does Wilfred rate him so highly? Why does the Lady treat him with respect etc. How is he allowed to talk to the DeLuca daughters like that". No one knows why he's rising up the ranks, just that he is. If he goes into the tournament and bosses it then it stops being a mystery anymore and more "ah, that's why, he's the DeLuca's ringer".

The issue I have is, given what we know of the MC, he's better than what everyone thinks. Going into the tournament and intentionally losing to cement that opinion others may have of him being weak would help his case, but it would look bad on the DeLuca's as it would look like their champion ain't shit.

As you said, I can see him going but not taking part. It's certainly consistent with his character where he is sent to a place and everyone's asking "why is he here?" so him being Luna's batsman would really play into that.

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
Anyone else get Laggy, Fpsy?
I am 93.12% sure its my potato pc, but if not any advice?
ps cant wait for mc background, op moments!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Either way, if he reaches high rank, then people will know about him.
The Family members will know of his exploits and why he's reached higher ranks.
Other Families will be aware.
He cannot reach Serpent level and have people not be aware of him being a bad ass.
As I said, I doubt if he could reach Capo level with no-one being aware.
He could potentially reach Serpent level without people knowing it's him, though. Like if he wore a mask or whatever. I don't know, just thinking aloud.

Reactions: whichone

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
Also, entering the tournament gives opportunity for the MC to earn rare weapons/equipment and money etc as prizes/rewards as stated in the beach prison event, so it also makes sense gameplay-wise.
It would be a horrible idea for him to enter the tournament unless he intends on performing poorly. The MC has thrived by being underestimated. If he were to somehow win, he would no longer be underestimated and would have an even bigger target on him than he does now.

He could potentially reach Serpent level without people knowing it's him, though. Like if he wore a mask or whatever. I don't know, just thinking aloud.
I like that idea. It seems that some of the Serpents thrive on anonymity. MC could be one of those.

MC has to walk a fine line between being completely underestimated and being known as being too powerful.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
lol yeah, but if people are aware of him as a Capo, then he disappears and a new masked Serpent appears... :unsure:
Unless they were to spin a cover story, can certainly see there being some speculation, among many, that it's the MC.
Maybe he starts wearing the mask, at the Frenetico?
It would be a horrible idea for him to enter the tournament unless he intends on performing poorly. The MC has thrived by being underestimated. If he were to somehow win, he would no longer be underestimated and would have an even bigger target on him than he does now.
Thing is, that we do not know how the Frenetico plays out.
It's like we're expecting a gladiator arena & straight combat, in front of a crowd of mafioso.
They could be competing in a forest, or it might not even be in front of an audience.
There could be contests that present the opportunity to pit smarts against each other & out maneuver the opposition, or trap them/disable them, therefore gaining a win.
Remains to be seen.

Either way, MC can still be thought of as "lucky" to have made it to the final & he can lose to Luna there.
Only Luna, Wilfred & Cordia know he threw the contest.
Problem solved. (y)
Maybe MC saves Luna and she gets the win, he doesn't.
Otherwise there's a bigger new problem with Luna being pissed! :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
What you're saying would only be correct under the assumption that MC either participates in the Frenetico tournament now, or that stays weak forever and always intends on using his cunning only due to his lack of power or skills.

But that will not be the case. Hopes (the Dev) has already said that MC right now is a wimp and weak, but through training he will get stronger and much more skilled.
And while at the moment, MC has no desire to move up in the ranks higher than Soldato, no doubt he will continue to rise higher and higher (otherwise, the story can't move forward if he remains in Soldato position forever).
When that happens, he will be seen as a threat no matter how much he tries to portray himself as someone who thrives on being underestimated. Soldiers from other Families out there will see him as a threat regardless of how he behaves (due to his rank, and feats through Contracts and the main story).

MC will always have a target on his back, and the only way for him to survive in the future is to get stronger (and as Wilfred said, grow into someone who is "feared and respected throughout the underworld"). He can't always rely on his cunning and luck to save him.

Besides, as I briefly mentioned in the beginning, it's not like Frenetico Tournament is gonna be held right away.
If it is held like perhaps 5 updates later (or even more, this depends on when Hopes wishes to set the tournament in) when MC is in Elite Soldato rank or higher, I can actually see it working.

And seriously, do people really want him to just sit on the sideline and watching as a passive spectator when this tournament is held?
LOL I sure don't. I want him to be involved with it all as a participant.

I can imagine the following:

The MC is in the midst of a match, which becomes chaotic, and must use his wits and skills (he's gained from his experience with the DeLucas) to win or survive.
His competitors may be participants from other Families, as well as characters like Luna, Gracie (with her getting more rebellious who knows? She might just join) & Dominico and others.
Crowd goes wild which puts roars of crowd in modern day football stadiums to shame.

And when the tournament ends, our MC gets some sort of prizes in form of rare weapons, armor and others etc.

Don't know about rest of you, but that's the sort of experience I want from the Frenetico Tournament (which unless Hopes states otherwise, I'm guessing will probably happen just once throughout the whole game).

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Going to butt in here;

There are lots of different levels and kinds of tournaments. The big-ups don't care much about the youngsters who win or participate in the lower end. So even if MC ends up winning a beginner tournament he won't really become known in the grand scheme of things.

xhoni spica

Donor
Aug 9, 2017
I redid the contracts again to test it out, and it resulted in the following:

View attachment 1170554

Not sure why I'm not getting green for Nimble Fingers.
Fought the guard by the museum, fought the guy harassing the girl, interacted with the dog, stealthily stole jewellery at the right or left house option, and went to the market place.

Don't know what I'm missing to be honest.
If you have done all including buying the book one market and stoling jewellery in both houses left and right the only one you miss to make that green is to encounter the old man who tell you some info about MC dad you can encounter him in same place where the dog is and you must have state mc presence at 5 and automaticlly the scene trigger to encounter him

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Going to butt in here;

There are lots of different levels and kinds of tournaments. The big-ups don't care much about the youngsters who win or participate in the lower end. So even if MC ends up winning a beginner tournament he won't really become known in the grand scheme of things.
Hey Hopes,
I have a question I wanted to ask:

In "What is truly weak is actually truly strong" event i.e. Ombra mission; when all the soldiers for the mission are gathered in a room, characters like Angelo, Caterina, and Onorina refer to MC as an "Associate."

Is it a typical habit of Capos and Wilfred's Division (Whom are ex-Capos basically) to call Soldatos as Associates (since they don't see much of a difference between the 2 ranks)?
Or is it because MC hasn't been Soldato for that long at all?

I'm asking, since we see MC wearing the Soldato uniform, I would have thought they would refer to him as a Soldato in the event's opening scenes (though I guess Caterina does refer to MC as such later in her talk with Gildart, Onorina and Amata).

p.s. Actually pretty glad there will be multiple tournaments! More competition and interacting with the Family and other Families soldiers! :love:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Hey Hopes,
I have a question I wanted to ask:

In "What is truly weak is actually truly strong" event i.e. Ombra mission; when all the soldiers for the mission are gathered in a room, characters like Angelo, Caterina, and Onorina refer to MC as an "Associate."

Is it a typical habit of Capos and Wilfred's Division (Whom are ex-Capos basically) to call Soldatos as Associates (since they don't see much of a difference between the 2 ranks)?
Or is it because MC hasn't been Soldato for that long at all?

I'm asking, since we see MC wearing the Soldato uniform, I would have thought they would refer to him as a Soldato in the event's opening scenes (though I guess Caterina does refer to MC as such later in her talk with Gildart, Onorina and Amata).
Hm they should call him a soldato.
Can't check the files right now due to resetting the pc and no files right now. But once I got all back like before I will look into it

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Going to butt in here;

So do I understand that correctly: he would be competing in the same tournament in the same way that Liverpool-ManUtd in the Premiership and Upper Smallville FC-Backwood Forest in the Upper Sussex Lowland League are both part of the same English football pyramid?

Last edited:

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
What you're saying would only be correct under the assumption that MC either participates in the Frenetico tournament now, or that stays weak forever and always intends on using his cunning only due to his lack of power or skills.

But that will not be the case. Hopes (the Dev) has already said that MC right now is a wimp and weak, but through training he will get stronger and much more skilled.
And while at the moment, MC has no desire to move up in the ranks higher than Soldato, no doubt he will continue to rise higher and higher (otherwise, the story can't move forward if he remains in Soldato position forever).
When that happens, he will be seen as a threat no matter how much he tries to portray himself as someone who thrives on being underestimated. Soldiers from other Families out there will see him as a threat regardless of how he behaves (due to his rank, and feats through Contracts and the main story).

MC will always have a target on his back, and the only way for him to survive in the future is to get stronger (and as Wilfred said, grow into someone who is "feared and respected throughout the underworld"). He can't always rely on his cunning and luck to save him.

Besides, as I briefly mentioned in the beginning, it's not like Frenetico Tournament is gonna be held right away.
If it is held like perhaps 5 updates later (or even more, this depends on when Hopes wishes to set the tournament in) when MC is in Elite Soldato rank or higher, I can actually see it working.

And seriously, do people really want him to just sit on the sideline and watching as a passive spectator when this tournament is held?
LOL I sure don't. I want him to be involved with it all as a participant.

I can imagine the following:

The MC is in the midst of a match, which becomes chaotic, and must use his wits and skills (he's gained from his experience with the DeLucas) to win or survive.
His competitors may be participants from other Families, as well as characters like Luna, Gracie (with her getting more rebellious who knows? She might just join) & Dominico and others.
Crowd goes wild which puts roars of crowd in modern day football stadiums to shame.

And when the tournament ends, our MC gets some sort of prizes in form of rare weapons, armor and others etc.

Don't know about rest of you, but that's the sort of experience I want from the Frenetico Tournament (which unless Hopes states otherwise, I'm guessing will probably happen just once throughout the whole game).
I think now would be too early. He just beat a quasi-capo but people will write it off to luck. Yes, he'll eventually need to be strong, powerful and feared...but he has to WANT to a) stay with the family and b) grow into that role.

Most certainly, doing the tournament down the road would be appropriate...but I would think lining him up to be a Serpent along with the tournament would be the good path. He lacks training and desire for the role at this point.

When the dev says 30% complete...I can see how...

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
So do I understand that correctly: he would be competing in the same tournament in the same way that Liverpool-ManUtd in the Premiership and Upper Smallville FC-Backwood Forest in the Upper Sussex Lowland League are both parts of the same English football pyramid?
lmao! Yeah, Soldato = non-league Frenetico.
Elite Soldato = Div 2 & Div 1 Frenetico
Capo = Div 1 & Championship Frenetico.
Elite Capo(?) = Championship & Premier League Frenetico.
Serpent = Premier League & Champion's League Frenetico.
If you have done all including buying the book one market and stoling jewellery in both houses left and right the only one you miss to make that green is to encounter the old man who tell you some info about MC dad you can encounter him in same place where the dog is and you must have state mc presence at 5 and automaticlly the scene trigger to encounter him
Was already answered mate. (y)
What he missed was stealing the jacket from the guy harassing the girl.
He beat him up, but missed stealing the jacket.
The old man and the woman are not necessary, for Green.

Reactions: JJJ84
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes