whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
1 - The thing is they already captured one of the mercenaries but didnt bother to interrogate.
2 - He didnt order hit himself, Trino was the midman so every clue ends up at Trino. When Trino captured, he interrogated Trino himself and made sure he didnt talk. After interrogaiton completed he just killed Trino, preventing him talking becuse of any "regret" he might have.
3 - There is mole or something problem which reached even their dinner table already, so he can escape from nearly anything withovt doing much.
1. Yeah, true. But he wouldn't have known that they wouldn't interrogate, so there's a potentially large risk he could be exposed to. I do not think that he would leave himself open to potentially being exposed, like that.

2. Yeah, that's totally plausible. But with no indication that he dislikes MC, no indication of him being power hungry or greedy and ambitious, no indication of a reason for him to want to kill MC, it's a currently a bit lacking, in terms of motivation for why he even would.
He even stated that he did not know of MC's importance, so if he was pretty much unaware of him, why would he want to kill him?
Seems a bit random.

3. This one definitely seems to indicate someone higher up but, don't forget, who prepared the food? Who served it?
Is this him organising one of the kitchen/waiting staff to do it, same way as he did with Trino? Definitely plausible.
I'm still left with the question of "why?", though.
Without any motivation established, plus the established narrative that he did not know about the MC, it seems rather improbable that he'd want to kill a guy he didn't know anything about. Particularly not in such dramatic & visible fashion.
Killing MC at their dinner table, is a brazen attack, very disrespectful, so Cordia is not going to take that lying down.
Antonio knows this. If he wanted to get rid of him, I think this way is less probable than him having sent the mercs.

If we'd seen that he'd been trying to start a war, with another family, then we'd have reason.
Family X did this, we must retaliate!

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
See, I have more that feeling from Wilfred, with his moves to gain territory, his clear contempt for some other family's members, etc.
Defying Cordia's explicit wishes & training Gracie.
Don't forget, Wilfred is on 2nd "forgive & forget".
3rd time you eliminate & forget.

What has Antonio ever done? Other than shoot a traitor?
I think that Gracie has displayed far greater ambition than Antonio ever has.
Defying her Mother's wishes and sneaking onto the mission, then defying Antonio and sneaking in with Joey to put a kaibosh on Straffan's plan.
Has Antonio done something so bold? Has he ever blatantly defied his Mother's wishes? I can't think of an example.

As for he "definitely wants a war", I don't think there is anything which is definite to draw this conclusion from.
Which other family has he shown disatisfaction with, or contempt for?
He was short with Straffan, who was being out of line in the first place.
But that's not him looking for war. That's simply asserting appropriate authority & putting the jumped up little prick in his place.
Straffan proved that he was just looking for a reason to make a name for himself and push his Family higher up the chain.
Can't think of anyone else that Antonio's had a run-in with, that provides an example of him pushing for a war.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
What has Antonio ever done? Other than shoot a traitor?
What have the Romans ever done for us?

Yes, it should be "show, don't tell", but to me the whole story is set up with Antonio being a "doer" if not hanging around in a dark corner of the bar, just his mom will not go away anytime soon, so his time inheriting the throne is yet to come. Think "Prince Charles". Only instead of painting and going to environmental summits, Antonio does ... something, I guess?

Yes, we don't see it thus cannot know and I could be all wrong, but the way everybody treats him to me seems to indicate he can do stuff. Granted, the one mission he organized he was Straffan levels of overconfident against Straffan, and were it not for Gracie and this one elite whose name I forgot - does anybody remember? - would have maybe not failed but have had severe casualties, plus his handling of the whole situation in the office was too hot blooded (still more relateable than Wilfred taking land from Giacobbe) ...

We'll have to wait and see.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
3. This one definitely seems to indicate someone higher up but, don't forget, who prepared the food? Who served it?
Is this him organising one of the kitchen/waiting staff to do it, same way as he did with Trino? Definitely plausible.
I'm still left with the question of "why?", though.
Without any motivation established, plus the established narrative that he did not know about the MC, it seems rather improbable that he'd want to kill a guy he didn't know anything about. Particularly not in such dramatic & visible fashion.
Killing MC at their dinner table, is a brazen attack, very disrespectful, so Cordia is not going to take that lying down.
Antonio knows this. If he wanted to get rid of him, I think this way is less probable than him having sent the mercs.

If we'd seen that he'd been trying to start a war, with another family, then we'd have reason.
Family X did this, we must retaliate!
Wait, I am not saying Antonio tried to poison MC. He is definetely innocent on both poison and break occasions in my eyes. I am just having problems with Trinos deat, specifically about "why so fast?" question. He is being death in the Antoino's hand is bring some suspicion to him. If Wilfred would killed Trino without Cordia order, I would ask smae question to him.

I am saying at that point someone tried to kill MC twice already and in one of the occasions Consigliere was under the threat to, in second attempt the whole family could be a colletral damage. He doesnt have any obvious motivation yet but he could act to protect family with killing MC. Or he could have other reasons that has not been revealed to us and used this twice attacks to create an oppurtunity?

Again true but he is overly underestimating Straffan and Fazios and showed open hostility towards them. He cant do both aganist MC while he is under the protection of his own moher.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I REALLY want the next update to revolve around us finding Mr. Mustache and imprisoning him, where Luna get's to have her fun and torture him for as long as she desires, giving him the same treatment he gave her with electric cage and all.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I REALLY want the next update to revolve around us finding Mr. Mustache and imprisoning him, where Luna get's to have her fun and torture him for as long as she desires, giving him the same treatment he gave her with electric cage and all.
That time would come in the future but not for near future I think. It would be near to end game, because unraveling and destroying Mysterious Six means Lunas arc completed of near completion.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
That time would come in the future but not for near future I think. It would be near to end game, because unraveling and destroying Mysterious Six means Lunas arc completed of near completion.
Well not the capturing of him where it'll most likely be mid game, but him giving out information won't come till near the end. I feel that if we found him and didn't spend a good month torturing him before hand, it would feel too unrealistic for him to just divulge information within a day or so.

Tyktamsyl

Oct 30, 2018
Is it a typo, or do they really intend to keep making this game for like 10 years? last time I was here was at least 6 months ago, but probably a year ago and I don't know where it was, but if its at 0.07.2... well it would take like at least 10 years to finish.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Is there any save file available?
Use thread search.

Does anyone know how I can change the language of the game?
From what I can tell, only language currently available for the game is English (default).

Is it a typo, or do they really intend to keep making this game for like 10 years? last time I was here was at least 6 months ago, but probably a year ago and I don't know where it was, but if its at 0.07.2... well it would take like at least 10 years to finish.
The dev (Hopes) said that the game is like 30% done with the recent update.
And the version number isn't really a good indicator of how much complete the game is anyway. I've seen several games on this site which jumped from number like 0.46 to 0.64 or etc.

Not saying just because numbering of game version goes up like that DeLuca will be rushed. Only saying that the version numbering here isn't all that reliable.

Plus, the recent update took longer because of the major overhaul in gameplay mechanics (contracts). Hopes said future releases will be released quicker, and have smaller content (though not always a guarantee).

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
What have the Romans ever done for us?

Yes, it should be "show, don't tell", but to me the whole story is set up with Antonio being a "doer" if not hanging around in a dark corner of the bar, just his mom will not go away anytime soon, so his time inheriting the throne is yet to come. Think "Prince Charles". Only instead of painting and going to environmental summits, Antonio does ... something, I guess?

Yes, we don't see it thus cannot know and I could be all wrong, but the way everybody treats him to me seems to indicate he can do stuff. Granted, the one mission he organized he was Straffan levels of overconfident against Straffan, and were it not for Gracie and this one elite whose name I forgot - does anybody remember? - would have maybe not failed but have had severe casualties, plus his handling of the whole situation in the office was too hot blooded (still more relateable than Wilfred taking land from Giacobbe) ...

We'll have to wait and see.
Yeah, agree, I fully expect him to be competent and capable.
Gracie & Luna are both highly talented, I see no reason to expect that Antonio is not.
Yes, he was over-confident with (& underestimated) Straffan and it would have led to a longer battle, with more casualties, but I do not believe that he displays recklessness, or foolhardiness as general character traits.
The Capos seem to respect him & it doesn't seem like the type of respect that is automatically given to the position, it seems more like it was earned by the man.

His hot-bloodedness with Straffan was perfectly justifiable, for me. It wasn't the smartest move & it displayed his lack of experience, but the reason why made sense.
He's the powerful family and this jumped up, wannabe kid walks in barking orders? Even Giacobbe's consigliere was embarrassed by Straffan's behaviour, so it's not really a surprise that Antonio gave him shit.
Granted, his Mother would've handled it differently, with the benefit of experience, but that's the type of thing that he still needs to learn from her, as well as from experience of his own.
If anything, for me, that scene really points out that he's not yet ready for the position.

I see him as, precisely as you put, a "Pince Charles", who is happy to do his duty and continue to learn from his obviously highly capable Mother.
I do not see him as being arrogant enough to think he already knows more than her, or ignorant enough to not know that his handling of Straffan could've been better.
To me, he seems happy to wait. His position is secure. I see no sign of him wishing to overthrow or usurp her. I see nothing in him which suggests that he is eager to take the seat at the head of the Family & wants to do something to progress that faster. He's shown no dissatisfaction with where he is.
Certainly not enough to give him potential of being the traitor.
Without the possibility of a rise in power, he has no visible motivation to betray his family.

It could be him. I just don't see any reason, strong enough, to suspect him, as it stands.
I definitely think that Wilfred has shown more reason for suspicion, but I do not really think it's him, either.
Of the people we've met, I think that only the Capos have displayed the competitive nature of wanting to be top of the pile, to the point where they're fighting each other. That ambition is something that could be used, perhaps.
I just do not think that we've seen that, or any real sign of ambition, from Antonio.
Wilfred has definitely displayed more.
The rival that we met seemed relatively ambitious. Although perhaps a little cliche, for it to be him.
Of course, we also still have 2 Serpents to meet. Seems unlikely, but who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Verminaard

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I fully expect him to be competent and capable.
Gracie & Luna are both highly talented, I see no reason to expect that Antonio is not.
Yes, he was over-confident with Straffan and it would have led to a longer battle, with more casualties, but I do not believe that he displays wrecklessness, or foolhardiness as general character traits.
The Capos seem to respect him & it doesn't seem like the type of respect that is automatically given to the position, it seems more like it was earned by the man.

His hot-bloodedness with Straffan was perfectly justifiable, for me. It wasn't the smartest move & it displayed his lack of experience, but the reason why made sense.
He's the powerful family and this jumped up, wannabe kid walks in barking orders? Even Giacobbe's consigliere was embarrassed by Straffan's behaviour, so it's not really a surprise that Antonio gave him shit.
Granted, his Mother would've handled it differently, with the benefit of experience, but that's the type of thing that he still needs to learn from her, as well as from experience of his own.
If anything, for me, that scene really points out that he's not yet ready for the position.

I see him as, precisely as you put, a "Pince Charles", who is happy to do his duty and continue to learn from his obviously highly capable Mother.
I do not see him as being arrogant enough to think he already knows more than her, or ignorant enough to not know that his handling of Straffan could've been better.
To me, he seems happy to wait. His position is secure. I see no sign of him wishing to overthrow or usurp her. I see nothing in him which suggests that he is eager to take the seat at the head of the Family & wants to do something to progress that faster. He's shown no dissatisfaction with where he is.
Certainly not enough to give him potential of being the traitor.
Without the possibility of a rise in power, he has no visible motivation to betray his family.

It could be him. I just don't see any reason, strong enough, to suspect him, as it stands.
I definitely think that Wilfred has shown more reason for suspicion, but I do not really think it's him, either.
Of the people we've met, I think that only the Capos have displayed the competitive nature of wanting to be top of the pile, to the point where they're fighting each other. That ambition is something that could be used, perhaps.
I just do not think that we've seen that, or any real sign of ambition, from Antonio.
Wilfred has definitely displayed more.
The rival that we met seemed relatively ambitious. Although perhaps a little cliche, for it to be him.
Of course, we also still have 2 Serpents to meet. Seems unlikely, but who knows?
Regarding whether Antonio is a suspect or not, who knows.
Don't know why what the following scene always makes me chuckle:

Cordia: ................
Antonio: Mother, will you ever stop treating me like a kid?
Cordia: No.

From Cordia's pov, it really shows her love for her son, but yeah still makes me laugh. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Mentioning this because I don't think I saw anyone saying it yet, but does anyone suspect Gildart?
He's the "Captain" of Wilfred's Division (regardless of how much Onorina denies it lol), and has Wilfred's confidence (enough that he accompanied Wilfred when keeping tabs on MC from early childhood, one of the few in the Family) to be in on the secret that not even Antonio found out until MC arrived at the DeLuca mansion.

So far, only ones within the Family (so this likely excludes that old man in Nimble Fingers contract who gives MC the Lock Glasses) who truly know about MC are:

- Cordia
- Wilfred
-"Serpent" (doesn't seem like Gottardo knows the full truth about MC, though he has his suspicions. Though we won't know until we get more scenes with Gottardo. Cynthia and 4th Serpent, well we have nothing until they actually come into the fold)
- Antonio
- Gildart

I could be wrong, but whoever that is gunning for MC's life I feel likely has his hands deep in knowing MC's secrets already. And all the Capos seem to be still very oblivious as to MC with their "Why is this kid so important?" reaction.

Gildart, on the other hand, I kinda feel might possibly be in a very unique position in the Family to strike at MC, should he end up being a double agent (whether it's for Mysterious 6, or others etc)

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Regarding whether Antonio is a suspect or not, who knows.
Gildart, on the other hand, I kinda feel might possibly be in a very unique position in the Family to strike at MC, should he end up being a double agent (whether it's for Mysterious 6, or others etc)
Good call. He's been referenced enough to be firmly established & has a more than adequate position... Both for ambition (wants to step out from under Wilfred's shadow?) and Family knowledge.
I also like the fact that this means Wilfred's missed a beat, the mole/traitor has been right under his nose. This would dig deep into his pride. (y)

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Good call. He's been referenced enough to be firmly established & has a more than adequate position...
I also like the fact that this means Wilfred's missed a beat, the mole/traitor has been right under his nose. This would dig deep into his pride. (y)
Yeah, Wilfred always has had that perfectionist attitude that he can do no wrong (or make mistakes), that even when MC seemingly points out possible flaws in his way of thinking he gets really offended by it.

Placing his trust in the wrong person and realizing it (if Gildart indeed turns to be the traitor) may just shake him to the core and he may question his own judgment.
It's funny. I love both Wilfred and Gracie very much as characters, but there is a substantial part of me which wants to see both of them take a fall just because both of them have that "I am smarter than everyone else." mentality.
And getting back up after the fall, would be a real highlight and something to look forward to (if the fall even happens).

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, Wilfred always has had that perfectionist attitude that he can do no wrong (or make mistakes), that even when MC seemingly points out possible flaws in his way of thinking he gets really offended by it.

Placing his trust in the wrong person and realizing it (if Gildart indeed turns to be the traitor) may just shake him to the core and he may question his own judgment.
It's funny. I love both Wilfred and Gracie very much as characters, but there is a substantial part of me which wants to see both of them take a fall just because both of them have that "I am smarter than everyone else." mentality.
And getting back up after the fall, would be a real highlight and something to look forward to (if the fall even happens).
lol they have a bit of a teacher/pupil relationship & overcoming failure is often a part of the pupil's arc.
Less frequently seen in the teacher's arc, so makes for a good twist.

I totally get the "want to see them take a fall". They both behave as though they're somewhat superior (Gracie perhaps unintentionally), so I think it's natural to want a "Ha! You fucked up. Not so superior, now!" moment.
With Gracie, I feel that we kind of get this, through her coming to us to teach her social skills.

Reactions: JJJ84
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes