GoldBolt

Aug 2, 2020
Yes. When you 100% max out the contract, you should be getting the following message at the end with your "Success" screen as well as getting the Rank S for the contract (plus the best equipment reward).

View attachment 1220286

It was just a tiny code error that has now been fixed by Hopes.
Alright, then I should be good. Thanks for the explanation.

Also, HopesGaming , really love the format of contracts. Most fun gameplay I've had in a while with this type of game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HopesGaming

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Interesting. I always thought that message came because I reached max experience points for this version of the game.
I haven't tested it in my earlier saves, but you might be right.
Not sure whether this message pops up if for instance a person got B or A rank in the contract, or just had gotten "steal the painting" ending for The Painter contract (and didn't see the true ending).

If this message appear in the above instances, I guess I'm totally wrong lol.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Not sure whether this message pops up if for instance a person got B or A rank in the contract, or just had gotten "steal the painting" ending for The Painter contract (and didn't see the true ending).

I noticed that it only comes up once you have obtained the amount of experience for the rank you are at and ready to advance a rank. So id you do 1 contract over and over until you get that message it should show up for all contracts. At least that's my impression. I also could be wrong.

Reactions: JJJ84

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
1622325044468.png
I can gain a "Grade" message on The Snooping Bonans.
This seems specific to how well I did in the contract.

Different to "True Ending" notification, on The Painter, as this happens in contract screen, as dialogue.

Still get the "Experience at max" message. But that doesn't seem to be related to how well you did in the contract.
It's wording makes it seem as though it is specific to being at maximum XP, so you cannot currently gain more from any contract.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

I just did test run, spoke to Bonagura, then went straight to the house and stole the painting, returned and ended mission with failures and redacted text.
Still got the "Max XP" message.
Did not receive a ranking for this mission.
Did not when I got True Ending, either.
Did not receive ranking for Delivery Boy, when passed all tests and got delivery package & straight back to church for completion.
Did not receive ranking for The Bonanzo Meeting.
Received Grade S for couple fight in Nimble Fingers, but no rank for the contract itself.

Snooping Bonans is the only contract which gave me a Rank for completion.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I just did test run, spoke to Bonagura, then went straight to the house and stole the painting, returned and ended mission with failures and redacted text.
Still got the "Max XP" message.
Did not receive a ranking for this mission.
Did not when I got True Ending, either.
Did not receive ranking for Delivery Boy, when passed all tests and got delivery package & straight back to church for completion.
Did not receive ranking for The Bonanzo Meeting.
Received Grade S for couple fight in Nimble Fingers, but no rank for the contract itself.

Snooping Bonans is the only contract which gave me a Rank for completion.
Trying to figure out if Grades for Contract completions are being assigned.
Has anyone else managed to receive an overall Grade for the Contract, for any other than Snooping Bonans?
I don't mean it turning Green.
I specifically mean the "Grade: S!!!" received notification, in the summary screen at the end of the Contract.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The other 4 do not seem to give a Grade notification, at the end.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Trying to figure out if Grades for Contract completions are being assigned.
Has anyone else managed to receive an overall Grade for the Contract, for any other than Snooping Bonans?
I don't mean it turning Green.
I specifically mean the "Grade: S!!!" received notification, in the summary screen at the end of the Contract.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The other 4 do not seem to give a Grade notification, at the end.
I think I got one the first time I did nimble fingers? (not certain) I'm thinking it might be something similar to what was happening in the fight (an error causing the check to only work properly the first time)

edit: I did find that the snooping bonans is the only one that has such rankings within the file for the mission itself ("game/missions/the snooping bonans.rpy"), if the other missions have ranking systems like that it's in some other file, and that one might be what's screwing up

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I think I got one the first time I did nimble fingers? (not certain) I'm thinking it might be something similar to what was happening in the fight (an error causing the check to only work properly the first time)

edit: I did find that the snooping bonans is the only one that has such rankings within the file for the mission itself ("game/missions/the snooping bonans.rpy"), if the other missions have ranking systems like that it's in some other file, and that one might be what's screwing up
Thanks, it seemed that way.
OK, so now we know.
Nimble Fingers is the only one that can go Green, due to an error in the maths.
Snooping Bonans is the only one that has an overall Grade ranking for completion.
I wonder if this is because it's the only Contract with a completion reward? You always gain a Fedora, but these come in different Rarity grades.

All the other rewards are route dependant.
Nimble Fingers you only gain them for the Old Man & the Fight. Nothing at completion.
Delivery Boy you only gain it for spying on the nun. Nothing at completion.
Bonanzo Meeting has no reward item. Nothing at completion.
The Painter you only gain it for the True Ending.

jusadbellum

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2019
I am using PC and still having the same/similar problem just as linux users have. It doesn't load properly. Just the opening screen with background image and the music.

I had played one of the previous versions (0.6) last year. I am not sure but there might be some save files or something left from that version and it might be the problem.

Any ideas guys?

PS: Guys I was randomly clicking where the menu is actually supposed to be and this screen's just come up. What do you think the problem might be about?

Last edited:

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
I am using PC and still having the same/similar problem just as linux users have. It doesn't load properly. Just the opening screen with background image and the music.

I had played one of the previous versions (0.6) last year. I am not sure but there might be some save files or something left from that version and it might be the problem.

Any ideas guys?

Not sure but log file might give an idea:
Mon May 31 21:21:58 2021
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.05s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.03s
Loading error handling took 0.05s
Loading script took 4.01s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.12s
Loading persistent took 0.01s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 4, 4)
Running init code took 0.17s
Loading analysis data took 0.04s
Analyze and compile ATL took 0.09s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache took 0.00s
Making clean stores took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.35s
DPI scale factor: 1.500000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: Disabled thread optimizations.
Creating interface object took 0.15s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.36s
Build styles took 0.00s
Load screen analysis took 0.04s
Analyze screens took 0.00s
Save screen analysis took 0.00s
Prepare screens took 0.10s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.00s
Save bytecode. took 0.00s
Running _start took 0.00s
Performance test:
Interface start took 0.40s

Initializing gl renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 2560, 1440)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation'
Renderer: 'GeForce RTX 3070/PCIe/SSE2'
Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 461.09'
Display Info: None
Number of texture units: 32
Using shader environment.
Using FBO RTT.
Root FBO is: 0
FBO Maximum Texture Size: 2048
Using gl renderer.
Texture testing:
- Hardware max texture size: 32768
- 64px textures work.
- 128px textures work.
- 256px textures work.
- 512px textures work.
- 1024px textures work.
- 2048px textures work.
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(2379, 1338) drawable=(2379, 1338)
Root FBO is: 0
FBO Maximum Texture Size: 2048
Total time until interface ready: 6.29233598709s
Try deleting the folder C:\Users\<your_username>\Appdata\Roaming\Renpy\TheDeLucafamily-<some numbers> and the subfolder /game/saves from the game's folder. See if that solves it. And please use spoilers next time to add the log file.

Reactions: jusadbellum

Sasquatch.

May 31, 2021
I have a weird problem, when I trying to start the game nothing happens and both game launchers just disappear. What can I do to fix that? I tried download form few different links but still the same result.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
I have a weird problem, when I trying to start the game nothing happens and both game launchers just disappear. What can I do to fix that? I tried download form few different links but still the same result.
Double click the game's executable and immediately after that press and hold shift. In the screen that comes up, under renderer, choose "automatically choose", quit and restart the game. Also, add the file traceback.txt in the game's directory inside spoilers. Usually it says what's wrong.

Sasquatch.

May 31, 2021
Double click the game's executable and immediately after that press and hold shift. In the screen that comes up, under renderer, choose "automatically choose", quit and restart the game. Also, add the file traceback.txt in the game's directory inside spoilers. Usually it says what's wrong.
This traceback.txt file in the main game's directory?

Sasquatch.

May 31, 2021
Yes, it should exist if renpy crashes for whatever reason. Since you're there, add the log.txt as well.
I've done it like you said and game started, but after naming it just crashed and like before, game launchers disappeared. Any others ideas what's wrong?

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
I've done it like you said and game started, but after naming it just crashed and like before, game launchers disappeared. Any others ideas what's wrong?
For starters, go to the folder C:\Users\<your_username>\Appdata\Roaming\Renpy\TheDeLucafamily-<some numbers> and delete the file persistent, it has no extension. Do the same in the the subfolder /game/saves of the game's main folder. Then try to start the game again. Add the file "traceback.txt" from the game's main folder to your post, if it exists.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
You mean the files disappear? Sounds like an antivirus issue.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes