lewdgamerxxx

Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
Do you mean the "what is weak is truly strong" mission?

7.x version doesn't have translations yet afaik.
In "a bottle for a bottle" quest, Wilfried give you contract to steal a bottle, it never appears for me in the contracts menu.....

potens1

Mar 9, 2020
Same error here. This is the second game ever to give me this error. To clarify, this didn't used to be a problem and I could play "The DeLuca Family" Linux version just fine but something in this latest update where we had to start a new game I am now greeted by this error.

The other game on this site gave me the same exact error (FreshWomen -- they said they were going to fix it in the next version so we'll see there). Something about no module named "future.standard_library". The literally hundreds of other Ren'Py games I've been playing on F95 do not have this issue (yet).

On my system I can freely swap between Python 3.8, 3.9 and 3.10-beta for the system to actively use. All give the same error when trying to open this latest version of "The DeLuca Family", so I still think it's in the Ren'Py implementation(?) being used by certain games. Good luck, devs, we appreciate you.
Where you able to run it ? I am able to but not with the embedded renpy, I've to use the one I installed on my Linux (running with renpy . , in the directory I uncompressed it). But I don't know if the dev customized renpy (and that will breaks things later for me) or if being able to start it is enough.

For your information, renpy version I used is 7.4.4.1439

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Noone knows. Only Hopes does. And he generally does not give out the ETAs until it's like 1 week or so before the release is confirmed (which is totally understandable and also, he does it with a good reason).

Only thing anyone can tell you is that release for the next update will be quicker than the release of v0.07 (which took a longer time due to major gameplay overhaul with the contracts).
The trouble is that your first sentence is correct and without exceptions. Hopes doesn't give any ETA's exactly because he doesn't know it either. When he gets close enough, which is about a week to finishing the next part of the game, then he can give some estimate about it and it will only be somewhat accurate if nothing unexpected gets in the way.
The same goes for other devs who are making their games in their free time and have a day job, a family and responsibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hi the game is really nice, but it's said we can do play in french, i don't see where i can shoose french, i click on language i saw just english
All translation works are done by volunteers and if a certain language isn't there it could mean only on of the following:

1) Nobody started working on that certain language translation yet

2) The language's translation is being worked on and the whole thing won't be available until it's ready (usually, with the game's additional update with the "added X language translation" etc in the changelog)

3) Translation work has been totally abandoned by the translators

Given that this game has remained English only in language options for quite a few updates now, my guess is that the translations for French, German, Spanish languages likely have been abandoned (though I could be wrong, so don't take my word for it lol).

It's just that OP hasn't been updated in a while, especially regarding the language options.

GoldBolt

Aug 2, 2020
Is there a way to get a 100% on contracts other than Nimble Fingers? I keep playing them over but never get them to a 100%.

Angelsong

Jul 19, 2018
Where you able to run it ? I am able to but not with the embedded renpy, I've to use the one I installed on my Linux (running with renpy . , in the directory I uncompressed it). But I don't know if the dev customized renpy (and that will breaks things later for me) or if being able to start it is enough.

For your information, renpy version I used is 7.4.4.1439
Yes, I posted a comment about it here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-deluca-family-v0-07-2-hopesgaming.15459/post-5792672

Basically there were development files leftover that you need to remove for the Linux version to run properly.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hey HopesGaming since lewdgamerxxx asked about Wilfred's wine bottle contract (i.e. where it gets started) I was just wondering, any chance you'll consider turning "The King of the Wines" contract under Events into a playable contract with gameplay (like A, B, C, D contracts)?

Don't know how others feel about it, but personally I'd love it should that happen.
If you'd consider it, perhaps it can be written by you or one of your talented community contracts writers.

Is there a way to get a 100% on contracts other than Nimble Fingers? I keep playing them over but never get them to a 100%.
At the moment, other than Nimble Fingers (which the contract name color turns green upon 100% it), rest of the contracts remain in orange color even if you 100% it.

Me and Whichone (the one who writes the contract walkthroughs) asked Hopes (the Dev) about it as well as uploaded our saves so he can take a look (we 100% every contract multiple times already), and following was his reply:

Thanks for the save.
2 code variables were in the wrong place and the rest was just bad math.
Fixed now. Thanks for the saves guys.
So yeah. If you 100% them all, in the next update it's all gonna show in the correct color (green).

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Hey HopesGaming since lewdgamerxxx asked about Wilfred's wine bottle contract (i.e. where it gets started) I was just wondering, any chance you'll consider turning "The King of the Wines" contract under Events into a playable contract with gameplay (like A, B, C, D contracts)?

Don't know how others feel about it, but personally I'd love it should that happen.
If you'd consider it, perhaps it can be written by you or one of your talented community contracts writers.

At the moment, other than Nimble Fingers (which the contract name color turns green upon 100% it), rest of the contracts remain in orange color even if you 100% it.

Me and Whichone (the one who writes the contract walkthroughs) asked Hopes (the Dev) about it as well as uploaded our saves so he can take a look (we 100% every contract multiple times already), and following was his reply:

So yeah. If you 100% them all, in the next update it's all gonna show in the correct color (green).
For sure. That is one of the plans. Glad to see more and more showing love to the contracts!

GoldBolt

Aug 2, 2020
So I may have already a 100% them, but the percentage that shows up in the contracts and the color is just wrong then, am I getting that right?

Reactions: whichone

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So I may have already a 100% them, but the percentage that shows up in the contracts and the color is just wrong then, am I getting that right?
Yes. When you 100% max out the contract, you should be getting the following message at the end with your "Success" screen as well as getting the Rank S for the contract (plus the best equipment reward).

Snap 2021-05-30 at 09.07.59.png

It was just a tiny code error that has now been fixed by Hopes.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yes. When you 100% max out the contract, you should be getting the following message at the end with your "Success" screen as well as getting the Rank S for the contract (plus the best equipment reward).

View attachment 1220286

Interesting. I always thought that message came because I reached max experience points for this version of the game.

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: whichone and JJJ84

GoldBolt

Aug 2, 2020

View attachment 1220286

Alright, then I should be good. Thanks for the explanation.

Also, HopesGaming , really love the format of contracts. Most fun gameplay I've had in a while with this type of game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HopesGaming

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Interesting. I always thought that message came because I reached max experience points for this version of the game.
I haven't tested it in my earlier saves, but you might be right.
Not sure whether this message pops up if for instance a person got B or A rank in the contract, or just had gotten "steal the painting" ending for The Painter contract (and didn't see the true ending).

If this message appear in the above instances, I guess I'm totally wrong lol.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
I haven't tested it in my earlier saves, but you might be right.
Not sure whether this message pops up if for instance a person got B or A rank in the contract, or just had gotten "steal the painting" ending for The Painter contract (and didn't see the true ending).

If this message appear in the above instances, I guess I'm totally wrong lol.
I noticed that it only comes up once you have obtained the amount of experience for the rank you are at and ready to advance a rank. So id you do 1 contract over and over until you get that message it should show up for all contracts. At least that's my impression. I also could be wrong.

Reactions: JJJ84
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes