turfus7777

Jun 14, 2021
Hello everyone, I can't choose my French language in the game menu, I have only English while at the root of the game in the game folder, I have all the translation with several languages, would you have a solution, thanks

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hello everyone, I can't choose my French language in the game menu, I have only English while at the root of the game in the game folder, I have all the translation with several languages, would you have a solution, thanks
All translations are done by volunteers (and not by the Dev). There is only English, so that likely means the translation for French has been abandoned, since none of the translations (French, German, Spanish) have been updated for a long time now (unless the translation team somehow makes a surprise release lol).

turfus7777

Jun 14, 2021
All translations are done by volunteers (and not by the Dev). There is only English, so that likely means the translation for French has been abandoned, since none of the translations (French, German, Spanish) have been updated for a long time now (unless the translation team somehow makes a surprise release lol).
ok, too bad for us non-bilingual French xD, I really wanted to try this one but too bad for me, thanks for your answer friend

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
Just finished this version (0.07.2) and I like the potential this game offers. An update frequency of 3-4 months is great. Did the dev ever mention how long this game would take to complete?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
A Japanese tune ,whose name translated to English is 'Sakura'
Actually translated to English it should mean something like cherry tree blossoming, as somebody said earlier. But either way, yes it is a variation on a song by that name.

ok, too bad for us non-bilingual French xD, I really wanted to try this one but too bad for me, thanks for your answer friend
Unless you're using elaborate help when posting, to me it seems your non bilingual expertise should be enough to navigate the game. (Maybe with French it's different, but many fan made translations to German aren't that much to begin with either, so things you'll miss due to lack of understanding English, they will have missed, too).

Reactions: SuperLYC

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
well thank you for the advice. l figure it out now. just edit the datas as they were before and the event can be started now :p
Thank YOU!! For absolutely, conclusively proving the point that using mods to alter save values does mess the game up.
We had a guy in here a couple of days ago who refused to believe this was true, now you prove it as such. (y)

Changing the values blocked game progression.
Resetting the values re-enabled game progression.
Doesn't get much more conclusive than that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JJJ84 and SuperLYC

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Thank YOU!! For absolutely, conclusively proving the point that using mods to alter save values does mess the game up.
We had a guy in here a couple of days ago who refused to believe this was true, now you prove it as such. (y)

Changing the values blocked game progression.
Resetting the values re-enabled game progression.
Doesn't get much more conclusive than that.
How can you say that? Do we have seen prove?

Even then I'm sure that this is only because of the layziness of the dev. If he wouldn't have limited the value of the variable to a certain range or even implement range check this would not happen. Lazy devs this days who doesn't even account for cheating above safe limits.

I demand that and much more, because I'm so impotent important.

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
How can you say that? Do we have seen prove?

Even then I'm sure that this is only because of the layziness of the dev. If he wouldn't have limited the value of the variable to a cartain range or even implement range check this would not happen. Lazy devs this days who doesn't even account for cheating above safe limits.

I demand that and much more, because I'm so impotent important.
You can't just NOT poke it, can you? :)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, I (and whichone too) had precisely c3p0's script in a different thread. Somebody offering a cheat mod that did not work and blaming the dev for being lazy and not implementing failsafes for the wrong (and impossible in game) numbers his mod introduced.

(By the way, said mod is still available, linked in the game's OP, and still inevitably breaks the game ...)

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Unless you're using elaborate help when posting, to me it seems your non bilingual expertise should be enough to navigate the game. (Maybe with French it's different, but many fan made translations to German aren't that much to begin with either, so things you'll miss due to lack of understanding English, they will have missed, too).
I actually thought to reply to him, "But your English with how you've made the post asking the translation question doesn't seem too bad." but thought better of it because there could be a possibility he's using some sort of online translator (though it did look much better than google translate lol)

And you are right. In not just this game but even in other works also, there are times where meanings and nuances are lost in the whole translation, and can only be understood in the original language.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I actually thought to reply to him, "But your English with how you've made the post asking the translation question doesn't seem too bad." but thought better of it because there could be a possibility he's using some sort of online translator (though it did look much better than google translate lol)

And you are right. In not just this game but even in other works also, there are times where meanings and nuances are lost in the whole translation, and can only be understood in the original language.
I have a lot of experience with documents being machine translated, be it google translate or Deep L, and while they are perfectly capable of conveying the meaning of posts, they tend to have a certain "style" which I think I can recognize (though I would neither bet money on it nor appear with this in a game show on TV) and don't see here.

And to be fair to translators, any text that is more than just a collection of pure information/facts, is basically intranslatable, you will always lose something - connotations words have in one language and in another don't, whole structures of language which may not exist in the target language, and so on. You can of course always explain what happens, but that doesn't work too well in a novel, movie, or game.

And tbh, many of the volunteers for translation in some of the games here - without wanting to make fun of them or complain, volunteer work is hard to come by and should be cherished - lack the necessary skills in both languages (yes, even their own) to make me prefer a translation to an English original, even if the latter is by a non native itself.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes