Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
I'm getting a crash when trying to save the game
Can someone help me
Does the game throw an exception? If so, post the content of the file traceback.txt in the game's folder in spoilers.
Does windows throw an error? If so, what is it?
Does the game's window just close?

In any case, since saves are working for everyone else, I would assume it has something to do with folder permissions or your game's path is too long. Try moving the game in a folder with a short name or path and with english characters only, for example C:\DLF and see what happens.

Reactions: SuperLYC

TEYZEMİ SİKTİM

Jun 10, 2021
Does the game throw an exception? If so, post the content of the file traceback.txt in the game's folder in spoilers.
Does windows throw an error? If so, what is it?
Does the game's window just close?

In any case, since saves are working for everyone else, I would assume it has something to do with folder permissions or your game's path is too long. Try moving the game in a folder with a short name or path and with english characters only, for example C:\DLF and see what happens.
I'm showing this because I don't understand what to do

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Is there any way to continue from old save files ?
If by "old" you mean 0.6 and before then there is no way. You can look for saves in this thread which are approximately at the point in time where 0.6 ended but will miss out on content.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Can anyone tell me how to get bulletproof vest and complete "The Painter" contract with S grade?
After the tavern I went to cross roads and saw the girl first but didn't go to her! I went to confession then the cemetary first then back to painter... Then back to girl... Then to painter.

Reactions: Mr TGB

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Your response was incorrect.
That's why you were corrected.
It's not fear mongering, there are pages of evidence of it occurring.
Try reading.

First of all, I suggest you educate yourself on the meaning of words, before using them.
Specifically "vapid".
It means to offer nothing that is stimulating or challenging.
Fear mongering, by definition, is stimulating or challenging, so is not vapid. :FacePalm:
It's not fear mongering, anyway. As was pointed out to you.

Secondly, of course, you are correct and the countless pages of different people who've had game breaking bugs through using cheats, then not encountered when not using them, are all wrong.

I find it rather ironic that you would use "My Name Is Luna" as your e.g.
Particularly when this is the specific mission that is pre-requisite for the Ombra Contract, which is precisely where people have been getting stuck after using cheats to alter character stats. :ROFLMAO:

It's plain to see what we're dealing with, I should've known better when you claimed to be a web developer in an attempt to validate your statement. :WeSmart:
What's that supposed to prove, anyway? Do you do "front-end web development" using Python? I expect you'd be more likely to use Java, CSS, HTML, Dreamweaver, or any of the associated tool platforms, like Word Press or GitHub.
We've seem you in this thread doing nothing but complaining that this is "a bad shounen story" & that "there's not enough sex".
You've even tried to advise someone not to bother playing, because there's not enough sex.
It seems that you do not enjoy this game. Why are you even here?
Still using words & terms that you don't know the meaning of? :LOL::ROFLMAO:
You really should buy & utilise a dictionary first, save yourself the embarrassment.
"Stream of consciousness" applies to how thoughts flow through the mind of a literary narrator.
Nothing to do with what I've written. I'm not narrating. I'm contesting your opinion, by presenting facts. :FacePalm:
Or, did you mean it as per the Psychological term? If so, I'll take it as a compliment, thanks. (y)
Either way, it's the same as your use of "vapid": Wrong.
But please, keep trying. It's amusing watching you repeatedly fail to make yourself appear intelligent. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3 paragraphs is not a wall of text. It's 3 paragraphs. I'm not sorry that this is too much for your comprehension.
There is only one person here who doesn't know what they're talking about & that's you.
There is a mountain of evidence to prove my point. If you had read, as advised, you'd know that.
There is a vast difference between your opinion & facts. Your opinion is contrary to facts.

You want to talk about "brevity"? I ask again, why did you inform us that you're a "front end web developer" when presenting your incorrect opinion?
What use does this information carry, in relation to developing a game in Python? Where was your "brevity" then? :ROFLMAO:
It's a sad & see-through attempt to make your incorrect opinion carry more weight & yet another failure.

Your whole post is a sad attempt at debate. When you cannot defeat the argument, try to attack the person making it.
This is just weak deflection & yet another failure.
Run along now, go and troll somewhere else, maybe you'll find a game with some more XXX content to satsify your simple mind & desires.
You see, I was fully intending to be the bigger man and not make you look stupid in front of everyone but you had to do the absolute most, once again. Unfortunately for you today I had free time, some good herbal, and some great R&B.

No need to post a short essay no one will read, here's picture proof and save game proof. Apparently you can modify your save from the very start of the game and be 100% okay by following my advice:

Am a front-end web developer, a variable is a variable. Back up your save if you feel you need too, but changing basic stats like your money and character stats such as "pc > intelligence" shouldn't be an issue. Cheat away, as long as you keep it simple you should be able to ignore the fear mongering.
Dont ever @ me again.

Modified from the jump "Only Story + Freeroam"

For anyone that wants to try for themselves, modified save beginning of the game:
For anyone that wants to try for themselves, modified 100% game:

Modified from the jump "Full playthrough" (Got lazy with the pics towards the end, yall got the gist. Never failed a stat check)

For anyone that wants to try for themselves, modified save beginning of the game:
For anyone that wants to try for themselves, modified 100% game:

Ombra fix:
1. Upload save back to save editor
2. change "pc > wpn" to a value of 2
3. reload save in the game
4. ???
5. profit

As I already said, this is not true for the stealth stat - you will not be able to see all peeking scenes if raised. Similarily you will miss out on a scene in the delivery boy contract. The game will not crash and you may not even notice it - but the game will not run as intended.
I'm a loyal guy too, i'll be nice since it's obvious you're trying to stick up for him. If I missed something you need to let me know, I uninstalled the game awhile ago and forget some things. Regardless, you can see the peeks in image form above or you can download either of the saves yourself and see with your own eyes.

Im not going to spoonfeed every cheater the answers on how to unscrew their saves, that doesn't teach them how to think and I also don't care to type that much. I gave away a freebie w/ the Ombra fix, dont ever say I didn't do anything for you guys.

EDIT: Links updated with a more consistent file hoster.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperLYC

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You see, I was fully intending to be the bigger man and not make you look stupid in front of everyone but you had to do the absolute most, once again. Unfortunately for you today I had free time, some good herbal, and some great R&B.
lol You mean Mommy let you on the PC, again?
The only person you've made appear stupid, particularly by pretentious use of words and phrases that you clearly do not know the meaning of, is yourself.
It's such a shame that you are still incapable of doing what you claim, despite having the free time. :FacePalm:
Must be hard for you.
"Bigger man", ha ha hahahaha, more delusions of grandeur? That "herbal" really isn't helping you out any.
At least it explains why you're coming off as being so dense. I'm not going to dignify "R&B" with a response.
No need to post a short essay no one will read, here's picture proof and save game proof.
LMFAO and you want to talk about writing essays?:FacePalm:
Hypocrisy thy name is thou. :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The only thing I disputed, you can read it for yourself if you're actually capable (your current trend suggests otherwise), was when you claimed that it was simply "fear mongering" for people to say that messing with save values breaks the game.
It's not.
It's not fear mongering.
It's proven to break the game when people use cheat mods.
Look through the thread, there is a bucket load of evidence of people actually doing so.
There are fucking pages of evidence. Please save yourself further embarrassment & READ before running your mouth off.
I'll believe the developer of the game & the multiple pages of players who've encountered the issues, over your self proclaimed expertise, all day long.
Dont ever @ me again.
Sure. Do us all a favour.
Run along & take your bullshit with you, Mr. "I'm a web developer so I must know what I'm talking about" and everyone here will be happy.
I'm a loyal guy too, i'll be nice since it's obvious you're trying to stick up for him.
Yeah, because him pointing out facts that contradict your dumbass opinion is sticking up for me?
No. It's simply pointing out facts that contradict your dumbass opinion.
Different facts to those which have already been pointed out to you, that also contradict your dumbass opinion.

But, no. Of course, you are correct & the hundreds of people who've used mods, fucked their game up, then reset the values or removed the mod and no longer encountered the issues, they're all wrong. :WeSmart:
As is the dev. :WaitWhat:
Pretentious arrogance as well as catachresis/acyrologia & hypocrisy. You just keep getting better. :KEK:
They're all wrong and you are correct. Unfortunately for you, only inside your own head.
The real world is a different matter.

You do not know more about this game than the dev does, despite your delusions of grandeur.
Stop encouraging people to use mods, when it's clearly documented to fuck up their saves.
Or, shall we just tell everyone who has these issues to DM you for support?

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I'm a loyal guy too, i'll be nice since it's obvious you're trying to stick up for him. If I missed something you need to let me know, I uninstalled the game awhile ago and forget some things. Regardless, you can see the peeks in image form above or you can download either of the saves yourself and see with your own eyes.
Well, I would have loved to see your files. Unfortunately your links do not work - the files have been deleted it tells me.

The peeks you posted on imgur are the highest level peeks, but there are more which happen to be the ones I was interested in - and which will be precisely the ones you will be missing by cheating up to 30 (and in the finished game you would most likely be missing the ones you posted, too).

Since you haven't been following the discussions here apparently, and neither thoroughly checked the game code: to get the full content you will have to fail some checks. Plain and simple. You will normally do this when playing without cheating. You cannot do this if your stats are too high.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Well, I would have loved to see your files. Unfortunately your links do not work - the files have been deleted it tells me.
How convenient. :ROFLMAO:
The peeks you posted on imgur are the highest level peeks, but there are more which happen to be the ones I was interested in - and which will be precisely the ones you will be missing by cheating up to 30 (and in the finished games you would most likely be missing the ones you posted, too).
Yeah, but why let facts get in the way of a good argument?
. :ROFLMAO:
"I'm not interested in facts, I find they tend to cloud my judgement."

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
This is my fault, went with the first hoster on Google. Didn't think they'd nuke such small files in less than 24 hours. Changed to pixeldrain which should be more consistent.

The peeks you posted on imgur are the highest level peeks, but there are more which happen to be the ones I was interested in - and which will be precisely the ones you will be missing by cheating up to 30 (and in the finished game you would most likely be missing the ones you posted, too).
It does not take a great effort (less than 1 minute between navigating to the save editor, uploading your file, changing your attribute(s) ("pc > stealth"), and redownloading the file) and the file sizes are no larger than 500kb. If cheating locked you out of the scenes entirely you'd have a point. Just drop your stats, this isn't Skyrim.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pretentious arrogance as well as catachresis/acyrologia & hypocrisy.
Accuse me of pretentiousness while writing this cashmere turtleneck of a sentence :LOL:

Got a good laugh out of me but you're a non-factor. Couldn't imagine being an entire adult still running around denying reality like a child. Feel free to play those modified saves I updated the links for.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This is my fault, went with the first hoster on Google. Didn't think they'd nuke such small files in less than 24 hours. Changed to pixeldrain which should be more consistent.

It does not take a great effort (less than 1 minute between navigating to the save editor, uploading your file, changing your attribute(s) ("pc > stealth"), and redownloading the file) and the file sizes are no larger than 500kb. If cheating locked you out of the scenes entirely you'd have a point. Just drop your stats, this isn't Skyrim.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Funny story: in Skyrim I regularily dropped my stats to level up again and gain more character levels.

Yes, there is a solution to the problem, I never said there was none. I only said the game will not show you everything if you raised your stats (and in other places probably behave strangely although not crash). I also find it quite curious that the solution to problems arising from raising your stats should be dropping your stats. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose? In the end it does feel less convoluted to me to just play the game than to change your stats for every other scene to get the full content after you checked what the best numbers are for this specific scene in the source code (or maybe a "cheating walkthrough" somebody provided). In the end, if a fix needs other fixes to work, it isn't a fix.

And yes, we are talking about peeks. And another lewd scene without any impact on the major storyline. If a quick solution promises me the game just without the hassle, I want the full game. I am not talking about texts describing how I lose a battle, they can stay gone (though depending on the game they might be funny), but I want every story point, every character including his, her or its development, and in an adult game every lewd scene. Otherwise I could write a mod (and this would indeed be easy enough) just jumping you to the credits. Maybe even insert an extra slide telling the reader how awesome he is to have reached levels of knowledge, intelligence, or stealth never known before to humankind. Since it doesn't involve any pesky gameplay, even I with my limited programming knowledge would be able to pull that off. Or maybe the only marginally more complicated version of just showing the lewd scenes, skipping all this restaurant and shopping and "secret mission at the beach" stuff.

And finally, in a game which has maximum checks, it would not be inconceivable that they may also, now or at some future point in time, affect more important stuff. And something like that seems to be happening, too, since you may not have had any problems, but others doing the same stuff apparently had.

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I also find it quite curious that the solution to problems arising from raising your stats should be dropping your stats. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose? In the end it does feel less convoluted to me to just play the game than to change your stats for every other scene to get the full content after you checked what the best numbers are for this specific scene in the source code (or maybe a "cheating walkthrough" somebody provided). In the end, if a fix needs other fixes to work, it isn't a fix.
Yeah, DeLuca is not a hard game, so I don't really think cheats are needed at all for it.

Don't know about others, but I'd much rather play the uninterrupted game in its raw form, than raising and dropping stats constantly for every bump in the road (that happens with the so-called "cheats/mods" with each contract event.
If I had to do that for every events with pre-requisite stats variables (i.e. changing back and forth lol), I'd find it just as annoying as the grind itself (actually, even worse in DeLuca's case, since DeLuca's grind from contracts aren't even really that bad).

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes