Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
I am trying to open this game but I get this error 0xc000007b am using Windows 8.1. is there someone who went through the same problem please help. Thnx
This error appears for many reasons (thanks Microsoft!).
One of them is that you're trying to run a 64-bit program in a 32-bit operating system. Try running The_Deluca_family-32.exe from the game's folder. Do you know if your windows is 32-bit?

Another usual reason is that you're missing some runtime, which is kinda weird in your case since renpy requires no runtimes. Some of the usual suspects are : , and .

If it's none of the above, start the game, let it crash and note the time. Then, go to start -> control panel -> administrative tools. Open the event viewer. There, from the left, choose windows logs, then application. It will have a list. You will seek an error with source the deluca family and time the time you noted previously. It will have more information about the error. Copy paste it here.

Lastly, for the love of Cthulhu, upgrade to win 10. 8.1 is practically 10 with the worst interface imaginable attached to it.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Is there an update coming out soon. I so want to see more of Luna and the other Ladies.
It is coming out sooooooon, where soon is between now and then.
AFAIK the update should be out in the near future. Other than that only the dev might know more or Wilfred.

• Haha
Reactions: Penfold Mole

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
You sir are in clear violation of your restraining order. You shouldn't have answered him Hopes. 2 questions per day and no more than 10 between updates. The authorities have been notified and you will be detained shortly. On the plus side Luna will be conducting the interrogation. Unfortunately for you she just found out we are out of ice cream. May god have mercy on your soul. :mad:
Luna will be conducting the interrogation? Oh Goodie!! You wouldn't even need to restrain me for that! :LOL:
I'll walk into that interrogation chamber of my own free will :ROFLMAO:

As long as Luna isn't saddened, I'd welcome all other aspects of Luna.

My reaction when reading you've appointed Luna to be the one conducting the interrogation. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

45e35bb8b6ca28896660cadf7e94130881ae99bfr1-480-362_hq.gif

Last edited:

Cortabarba

Mar 15, 2021
[QUOTE = "The Pink Royce, publicación: 6065098, miembro: 3327434"]

[/CITA]
decir hahahaha if you made it very clear, that game is my ruin hahaha I love it, and Luna told me ... I am your Queen or your ruin

c2215a

Jul 25, 2017
Luna will be conducting the investigation? Oh Goodie!! You wouldn't even need to restrain me for that! :LOL:

My reaction when reading you've appointed Luna to be the one conducting the interrogation. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

View attachment 1268901
but Wilfred will be the one to enforce any punishment.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Anyone knows how often an update comes?
You can work out a rough average, quite easily. Just look at the date of the OP: Jul 26, 2018.
That's 35 months ago.
Changelog shows that there have been 16 updates, since then.
1 of these took longer than usual, as it involved a major re-write.
A number of them have been shorter, as just bug-fixes, etc.
Still, 35/16 = 2.18

Makes it around 2 months per update, on average, so far.

Reactions: SuperLYC

rekuji67

Jul 13, 2017
Hi i need help, this is the only renpy game ive encountered so far that crashes on start, dunno what else to do. ive been able to play this before the 7.2 update, ive deleted the appdata and nothing changed. i cant use the shift+g method coz it just brings out the log and closes the app so fast.. help please

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Luna will be conducting the interrogation? Oh Goodie!! You wouldn't even need to restrain me for that! :LOL:

View attachment 1268901
I wouldn't be to happy. She didn't like the color of the interrogation room, so I might have agreed to let her paint the room with you in it. I'm sure it will be fine though. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: JJJ84

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
Mission Contracts can now be fully controlled via keyboard shortcuts. Designed so it can be played with only the left hand
-navigation: W,S,A,D. Explore: E, Interact: Q, Inventory: Z, Abilities: X, choices: 1-9, Continue: Space, Skip: Ctrl

one of the worst chantges u could have done to the game at all.. this mission and contract stuff is already totaly unnesessary
making it a controlled event that has such a long pause between the steps and actions, is totaly killing the game .the gameitself is almost perfekt . but this now .. no thnx

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
realy sad that an awesome game like that with such a great story is getting fucked up like this ...

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Mission Contracts can now be fully controlled via keyboard shortcuts. Designed so it can be played with only the left hand
-navigation: W,S,A,D. Explore: E, Interact: Q, Inventory: Z, Abilities: X, choices: 1-9, Continue: Space, Skip: Ctrl

one of the worst chantges u could have done to the game at all.. this mission and contract stuff is already totaly unnesessary
making it a controlled event that has such a long pause between the steps and actions, is totaly killing the game .the gameitself is almost perfekt . but this now .. no thnx
You're welcomed. Also did you know that the mission are not mandatory? You can select the game mode you want to have.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
n.b. I didn't enjoy the new contracts, either, at first. Played through them more, got better gear, better stats and then achieved better results.

The Painter is an excellent mini-story! That contract alone makes them worthwhile, imo.
Delivery Boy is funny, or pretty hot, depending which route that you take. This contract introduces the nuns, who you'll meet again in a later mission.
The 2 Evening contracts are a bit meh, although one get us a lot closer to Lelianna! :p
But they're very quick, so no real issue with them. If anything, I'd like them both to tell more of a story.
Nimble Fingers is an introduction to the contracts, but has some good back story lore regarding the MC. It also introduces a new character.
I think that having alternative routes and different scenes and endings, depending on your choices, makes these new contracts more immersive than the old ones.
I'm scratching my head a bit as to why having Contracts be controlled 100% using WASD etc keys would even be that of an impact on one at all regarding opinions of the contract.

And perhaps it's just me, but I thought this change added more to the game than detract from them. I mean before, I had to use the mouse to click everything (including direction), but with this, I can just use my left hand to do every action on the keyboard.

I mean if someone hated the contracts before the change, that really shouldn't change their opinion of it afterwards even with the keys addition (and that's fine, I mean I don't agree [actually grown fond of the contracts over time], but people are entitled to their opinions, and opinions about the contracts I guess will always be somewhat divided in the DeLuca fandom) so I do find the reaction a bit odd (with it being basically 99% same as before this change).

Reactions: c3p0 and whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm scratching my head a bit as to why having Contracts be controlled 100% using WASD etc keys would even be that of an impact on one at all regarding opinions of the contract.

And perhaps it's just me, but I thought this change added more to the game than detract from them. I mean before, I had to use the mouse to click everything (including direction), but with this, I can just use my left hand to do every action on the keyboard.
tbh It's a complete irrelevance, to me. I don't use WASD, so the change means absolutely nothing to me.
As you say, I can see why some might prefer it.
I cannot see any reason to dislike it.
If you don't like it, don't use it?
Seems like there's a simple solution. :unsure:
I mean if someone hated the contracts before the change, that really shouldn't change their opinion of it afterwards even with the keys addition (and that's fine, I mean I don't agree [actually grown fond of the contracts over time], but people are entitled to their opinions, and opinions about the contracts I guess will always be somewhat divided in the DeLuca fandom) so I do find the reaction a bit odd (with it being basically 99% same as before this change).
Yeah, this is the key part.
Liking the introduction of WASD, or not, is not going to change how you feel about the contracts themselves.
If you don't enjoy them, you're still not going to.
If you did, there's nothing here to alter that opinion.

Strange (redundant?) complaint, indeed. (y)

Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

HappyRagnar

Jun 20, 2020
Hello everyone, I was really happy about the last update. I just do not get along now with the missions of Wilfried ... completely different structure that I do not understand. The first mission is yes Nible Fingers ... what do I have to do there? I just do not understand it :(

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
You're welcomed. Also did you know that the mission are not mandatory? You can select the game mode you want to have.
I'm guessing people like him would need to play the VN Mode to be happy (since he thinks contracts fucked up the game).
But with VN mode not avaialble yet, I guess the only alternative is "Only Story + Freeroaming" other than "Full Experience" (which includes contracts), but having never played other modes other than full experience, I don't know whether OS + F has any contracts gameplay or not (my guess is, probably not for Wilfred's contracts, but what about the Ombra contract? Hmmmm)

Hello everyone, I was really happy about the last update. I just do not get along now with the missions of Wilfried ... completely different structure that I do not understand. The first mission is yes Nible Fingers ... what do I have to do there? I just do not understand it :(
Whichone has made a really nice walkthrough, which link is in the OP. Check it out, it's helpful to those who have trouble with the contracts.

Reactions: HappyRagnar
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes