Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
For the next class, please calculate the velocity of the bullets, using Newtonian and Einsteinian laws of motion.
Well unless something really weird is going on, her bullets will be << c. Speaking of weird, is it just me or does it look like she's got a 'shoot the whole bullet' thing going on à la Portal?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Well unless something really weird is going on, her bullets will be << c. Speaking of weird, is it just me or does it look like she's got a 'shoot the whole bullet' thing going on à la Portal?
Yes, the two values should be very close. The Einsteinian calculation would have the bullets going slightly slower (very very very ... slightly slower), but would also be slightly more massive to conserve momentum. A rough calculation places the difference as somewhere around one in ten million (1/10,000,000). Sorry, nerd brain. :geek:

You're right, she does seem to be shooting the bullet and casing. Perhaps a new rocket pistol where there is propellant firing out of the back of the "casing?" The plume of flame seems to be coming from the bullet, not the pistol, and the round on the right seems to be veering even farther to the right. Target seeking round?

Sorry again. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cartageno

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yes, the two values should be very close. The Einsteinian calculation would have the bullets going slightly slower (very very very ... slightly slower), but would also be slightly more massive to conserve momentum. A rough calculation places the difference as somewhere around one in ten million (1/10,000,000). Sorry, nerd brain. :geek:
I didn't check now, but that's way more of a difference than I would have expected actually ...

Reactions: Dragon59

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
For the picture, I can say that it depend a lot on the actual capering. It is possible to freeze, even bullets, completely in time.
So I don't see the issue here.
The other two points (bullet jacket and flames) I agree. Also the pistols would needed to eject the jacket and therefore a part of the pistols need to be move back, so the jacket actually could be ejected.
For my nerd mode, how high would be the recoil force and how much would it have an influence over the gravitational force that Luna is exposed to.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
For the picture, I can say that it depend a lot on the actual capering. It is possible to freeze, even bullets, completely in time.
So I don't see the issue here.
Not sure what capering means in this context. Sorry.
The other two points (bullet jacket and flames) I agree. Also the pistols would needed to eject the jacket and therefore a part of the pistols need to be move back, so the jacket actually could be ejected.
Yes, if the flames were exiting the barrel, they should flare out toward the bullet. As it appears right now, they are flaring out from the bullet. I figure it would be difficult to find a model of the pistol in that part of the cycle. Would be a nice touch if one could add it.
For my nerd mode, how high would be the recoil force and how much would it have an influence over the gravitational force that Luna is exposed to.
Probably not significant. I think her downward acceleration due to gravity would not be significantly changed by the upward force of the kick-back. It might cause her to drift backwards in the horizontal a bit.

Perhaps with a higher caliber and a fully automatic rate of fire...

EloeM

Jan 7, 2018
even games is great, i feel disappoint, after all this months, just few side things and no update really for main story
all nice and gloomy, but seriously ?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
even games is great, i feel disappoint, after all this months, just few side things and no update really for main story
all nice and gloomy, but seriously ?
lol

1) Change in opening act (which includes introduction of Dominico and redone breakfast renders)
2) Two Main Events
- What is Truly Weak is Truly Strong
- Unofficial Boss

3) 5 D-Contracts
- Nimbles Fingers
- The Snooping Bonans
- The Delivery Boy
- The Bonanzo Meeting
- The Painter

Given that Hopes works in a pattern of alternating between Main Story/Main Events or Free-roam back and forth, as well as the core gameplay having gotten an entire overhaul, I'd think it was a pretty good amount of content overall (or at the very least decent amount).

And Hopes already said several months before the update that v0.07 content will be all about Eiza's sister rescue mission plus introduction of the contracts gameplay.
All he did was just delivering what he said will deliver (in this dev posts) in terms of content (it's not like he said "X amount of content will be coming" but the actually content in the update turned out to be less than what was said lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: TempinOffice

EloeM

Jan 7, 2018
did i say was bad? i was simple commenting that after all this months finishing game i have end up in same place like before
for me that is disappointing
game is great, direction of it is great, idea for game is great, is just main plot for story didnt move a inch

• Angry
Reactions: SuperLYC
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes