Ren'Py - The DeLuca Family [Season 1] [HopesGaming]

1. 5.00 star(s)

sclubte

Game is really good, I love the quality, renders, characters and their development, and the story. I like story but I delude myself sometimes and see from a real perspective instead of seeing this from how it is just a game. This might be because there are some things I am confused about ( Like the way Luna
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    and somethings that are obviously not going to occur in real life. Then again this is just a game and one with a Mafia which I do not know a lot about but it does not matter since I'm playing just to enjoy this.

Basically I love the game has a good blend of story and erotic scenes, it is a good amount. Good story, yes you should play it, but do not overthink too much and just enjoy the story even if things seem confusing at times.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Thrill'n Flares

First time rating anything. This game may not be finished but a good bit of content and story. The only question is though if just want "Content" (sexual content out the kazoodle) or story. Me I like having a little of both and this gives both in the most satisfying way. (imo) The renders are of the best you can find on this site. The story is mind blowing. Expecially one point that I will not spoil, but will say you don't feel a mix of sadness and anger that point then you might need get you head checked. Cause you have to be heartless not feel such strong emotions at that point. It takes awhile for updates, but Hopes give updates and answers questions. So we know he aint making this game just for the money. He truly enjoys working on this game and it shows. All of the Deluca Family are thankful for Hopes hard work and the kindness he continually shows in the thread.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Antillar

Tell me why?
    Sometimes you watch a movie that includes a hacker doing his job, and while in some cases you see the actions he performs and even rarer they make sense, there are times leaving you with but a single thought: "Why did you even bother?" This is what this game is about. Let me elaborate it by breaking it up.

The setting.
    So yeah, the game is about mafia, right? Ok, cool, which mafia are we talking about? Judging by the names, the italian or spanish mafia. Is the game realistic? "Hell yes it is, look at all this goddamn art, look at those events." - you would be first to shout, but after careful thinking you slowly realise it is not how things actually work together.

To shorten it up, this is not anywhere close to any possible mafia of any possible culture and timeframe.
    Is it absolutely ridiculously bizarre setting, unnecessarily overromantising mafia and organised crime in general? Yes, it is.
    Is it acceptable in just any unbound universe from the infinite possibilities you may imagine where you could set up your game? Yes, it is.
    Is it acceptable in even remotely realistic setting mimicing a world resembling ours, in a modern timeframe of likely 21st century? No, it is not.

The setting the author pursues to fulfill, none of the events look even remotely fitting in. Every new action, scene, every line of dialogue, every character has you questioning either your sanity or the author's.

Let me introduce you to the remarkable example of such immesurable stupidity: a young fellow by the name Gottardo. This man appears to be one of the most valuable members of the Family, his skills and experience are not to be taken lightly. Despite all this, he personally shows up to lead an elite squad of operatives to rescue the protagonist and the main characters. After arriving at the location, he himself along with several of the elite squad members quickly dispose of the enemy forces, during which process lots of gunshots and screams were heard by the protagonist. After which the door is opened and the protagonist lays his eyes on Gottardo himself.
    Now, with all this story aside, how would the reader expect such character to look like? What would dear protagonist see? Take a moment to think about it.

Now what the game presents you with: a barefooted man in 30s wearing nothing but suit jacket and pants (jacket is worn on bare torso), having lots of tatoos all over his body, and..... a double-headed oversized flail. You heard right. A flail. In the setting in 21st century where everyone uses SMGs to shred through anything unarmored. Where tripwires, broken glass, bullet casings, frag shrapnel and barbed wire litter the ground. Where noone is wearing any armor for the flail to be remotely useful against (flail is a blunt armor-piercing weapon designed to combat knights in full plate armor - an excource in history).

Now, why would this guy even consider using it? Why even consider showing up on the battlefield without any armor or even shoes? The game does not have answers. Nothing will satisfy your urge for logic as there is none.

The main story aka the plot
    This game is written in RenPy engine, so what you would expect of it has to be present. The plot is presented by the form of separate mini-events, each of which takes from 5 minutes to 15 when carefully reading all the lines. Combined, the plot would last no more than 2 hours.

The plot emerges from nowhere - a strangely "noone" gets bound by "contract" to serve the mafia family - that is what you read from the description of the game. What exactly do these 2 hours of plot add to it? Not much.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Nothing more, nothing less. Does this explain anything? No, it doesn't. So, it would be wise to discard the plot entirely as completely non-existand and irrelevant and thus all the main story events along with it.

Girl arcs
    This is probably what most of us come to this game for. The actual interaction with the main heroes (heroines, to be precise) of the game. Of which there are... three. Yes, you heard me right. Only three. So, well, to what extent these events go, what is currently the final point of the developement, you ask, is it even worth spending your time on?
    Let us further divide this category into 3 subcategories, one for each of the heroines:
    Luna
    Luna is the young blonde girl being the daughter of the Family boss. Her arc tells about her excentric nature and a terrible story from her childhood featuring blood, gore, child abuse and related NSFL content, heavily resembling the characteristic of Jinx and probably based on which. What would a reward for that be? The best the protagonist gets from her is ... kisses.

Gracie
    Gracie is another daughter of the Family boss with darker hair. She posesses stereotypical for such games individuality as a complete unawareness of any ways of human interaction, which, of course, is severely exploited by the protagonist. Gracie is the character who can be the same time incredibly intelligent and inpenetrably stupid, as strange as it might sound. If the reader is familiar with the character of Starfire, that would be the case for the current character. However, with Starfire in each and every game she is present in the protagonist tends to go all the way the easiest. Here though, the best the protagonist currently is able to achieve is groping.

Isabel
    Isabel is the wife of the brother to the previously described girls. She is suffering an unhappy marriage, to which the protagonist happily lends his hand and other parts of his body. There are 2 routes available for this person, one of which only blocking out part of the current content and existing only to annoy the unintelligent players by presenting the clearly wrong choice and afterwards punishing the ones who have made it. The only worthy scene with this person is an unrepeatable blowjob.

Now with this out of the way, it is up to the reader to decide whether or not to put themselves into several hours of boring dialogues and shocking content for such reward. It is a story, yes. But the story which can only be good when finished, and which obviously cannot yet be.

The contracts:
    The contracts is a severely overcomplicated system for some reason existing in the game as such, totally disconnected from every other content aside from a handful of flags changing a handful of respective dialogues here and there.
    I do not wish to know to what extremes have the developers pushed RenPy engine to come out with such system. Custom UI (partially bugged and broken), custom map (primitive and representing nothing), pokemon-like battle system (which makes absolutely no sense and only matters in a single optional event), lots of stats and weird checks, dozens of options depending on the stats, ratings, equipment, and finally, an incredible ammount of unbreakable text which tends to roll over the unsuspecting player like tsunami. The text, where somewhere in the thousands of those lines there lies a clue to the next choice the player has make. But let me tell you this one secret: skipping the entirety of the text and brute-forcing every option is at least tenfold faster, and nothing can be lost doing these events the described way.
    There is one good story, labeled as "The painter" contract, but it is so distant from the main game and so unfitting in the game's setting that it is better to be skipped to not to raise any hope which will only ruin the mood for the generic content to come.

The summary:
    The game feels like it is being concurrently developed by at least three independant teams, each doing own content and disregarding everything else. The setting of the game is also so conflictingly unbelievable that it feels like it was at least a few people who designed certain parts of the storyline, each failing miserably to consult with everyone else. The girl arcs lead to nothing except disgust of NSFL content and pity for lost time, while the story begins and ends in nothing, leaving the player conflicted and clueless. Finally, contracts posess nothing other than one good story to be extracted from, in no whay do they affect the other parts of the game, and exist merely to act as a time sink and to break the player from doing the arcs by having to go and earn money.

I do not believe a single part of this so called mafia story. I do see not a single, but several pathes this game is taking, and none of which can possibly lead to anything plausible and worthy of the time and effort put into.

I do understand that the game has good moments, but to experience which the player has to actively seek for them, play the game in a certain way and try not to focus too much on the story, skip the text and wait for the next render to unvail. But for this I would rather just extract the assets and scroll them as a gallery.

I have rated the game as poor (2/5) because it is really poor in anything which the games should consist of, and the only thing carrying the game is the assets, the renders are actually not bad, but they are worthless without context.

Thank you for reading, and, if you still wish to play the game, I would not recommend chosing full experience mode, as it would not be a pleasant experience.

I sure hoped the author by the name HopesGaming would make less of a hopeless creation.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Barry Nyle

v0.07.2

A VN about a young man who joins the mafia. The writing is just really rough. The story is strange, hard to both believe and follow, a bunch of characters who are really out of place in a mafia story, and the mafia story itself is pretty loosely based on the mafia. The renders are pretty good and the sound is decent, but the writing is a major let down.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

A fast-paced, dramatic masterpiece with a plot that is such a breath of fresh air in the adult VN world.

I loved the writing and the pacing of the overall story. It really feels like actively participating in a good mafia movie.

The characters are well-written. Especially Luna whom, in a genre full of hopeless , powerless, Jane Does, is actually portrayed to be willing and capable while also being beautiful and even vulnerable at times.

I hope that, if the game does go for a harem route, it also includes singular routes for the girls, because Luna is the only one for me.

The aesthetic of the game fits so well, everything from the UI to the menu text options. This VN feels like the devs love letter to the mafia movie genre and it is an excellent one.

5*
  6. 5.00 star(s)

gAm3r_13

Das Spiel ist noch in der Entwicklung, etwas wenig Content gerade was Sex angeht. ABER eines der besten Spiele die Ich je gespielt habe!!! Es ist die komplette Geschichte/Story. Manches Game andere Genre könnten sich hier ne Scheibe abschneiden. Großartig!
    Das Spiel hab ich direkt so durchgesuchtet!

Die Charaktere sind gut eingebracht und mit genialer Stoy-Line.
    Noch steht das Spiel am Anfang und es fehlen paar Updates. Mehr Missionen, weitere Aufstiegsmöglichkeiten, mehr Ausrüstung. Vielleicht Training für Stärke, Agilität, etc und natürlich die Story weiter! Aber das Spiel hat so potenzial.
    Runterladen und ausprobieren, Ihr bereut keine Minute.

Und durch "Keks" und seiner Translations-Mod auch für Spieler geeignet die nur Deutsch können.

The game is still in development, a little little content just in terms of sex. BUT one of the best games I've ever played!!! It is the complete story/story. Some other genre games could take a leaf out of this book. Great!
    I played the game straight through!

The characters are well introduced and have an ingenious stoy line.
    The game is still at the beginning and there are a few updates missing. More missions, more advancement opportunities, more equipment. Maybe training for strength, agility, etc and of course the story further! But the game has so much potential.
    Download and try, you will not regret a minute.

The characters are well brought in and with brilliant stoy line.

And through "Keks" and his translation mod also suitable for players who only know German.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
  7. 1.00 star(s)

dnsin2019

You 've seen all the 5star reviews going on an on about the great writing, the marvelous story ?

Now let's state a. simple fact.
    The story is ridiculous. Thinking anything less is not a lack of suspension of disbelief but about being high on something or having the IQ of a small snail.
    It isn't that the story is 'simple' but rather that it's illogical and does all kinds of things that clearly shows that the one writing hasn't got a clue.

Look at the picture on top of the thread. Can you point out who the mother is? Yeah, I guess when you're running a mafia family you don't age. That a mafia family would be run by a woman is one thing, that it would be run by someone that looks like she's barely out of her teens is just silly.

Start the game and read the very first line of text. That should tell you all you need to know about the true quality of writing.

The good : The renders aren't bad.
    The bad : everything else. Be it the story, the characters, the sex (or rather lack there of) , the lack of QC...

Now if this was a second update or so I would be lenient but this 'game' was started back in '18. 3 years of an 'adult' game with all kinds of 'adult' tags but hardly anything of that nature in there? Nothing wrong with a slow burn but how many years of updates are you prepared to wait, and how much lousy storytelling willing to endure, before it gets into bow-chicky-wow-wow action ?
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

I downloaded this game 5 months ago that's when I started playing adult games. At that time I'm looking for more of the sexual scenes. And played with full game experience mode. Well you know what happens next I instantly dropped the game. Then after playing many other games I become tired of games where characters have no personality, where girls are cock worshipping sluts, and story line games. So now I'm looking for story line games.

So i played this game again. This time choose story and free roam mode. I got instantly hooked with this. I like all characters in this game. This is without a doubt one of the best games in this site and the best mafia game. I liked the power hierarchy . The four serpeants , mysterious six, this game truly give you a mafia vibe. Liked the bgm and soundtracks. I really liked their costumes very much. In other mafia games they only suits and a tie. But this game is different.

My fav girl is Luna. First she don't care about love, what others think, lady- like at all. But due to interaction with the MC everything changed. I'm currently at story event 6. So there is more to explore for me but I'm writing this review because I really loved this game.

Gracie is also nice she always crack some humor. Humor is the other important thing in the game. This one is really worth playing :love:
  9. 2.00 star(s)

nitkonikic

Updated for 0.9.6.

Score lowered to 2/5 because nothing of value happened, except forced relationship with one of the girls and kinetic storytelling continues.
    Story is the same as 2 years ago.
    Actually that's a lie, 5 minutes of playtime have been added to main story.
    MC still exists to...no idea honestly, probably to have a protagonist. No other use for him otherwise.

Character models are beautiful, story is very interesting to follow, but there are quite a few problems I'm having with it.

Cut the MC out of the story, you can still have 90% of it. Nothing important would change.
    Girls are not very interesting. Out of them 3 only one have some semblance of character arc.
    Which leads to third issue, that same character arc is mandatory for main story progression. You can't progress if you don't do her missions. There's no reason not to do them, but still.

Choices are pointless. I say this often, but at current version, 0.07.2, if you take every single choice away, not a single beat of the story would change. I've actually tested this by playing main mission quests only and mini side-game, not communicating with girls whatsoever.
    No changes to story beats, no different conversation, everything plays the same.
    You can't alienate girls or make them dislike you. You will miss erotic scenes, but nothing else will be different.

Looking forwards to seeing what future updates will bring. Perhaps all choices will finally amount to something. If not, well, there's always story which, again, is really good.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Yaboiii699

Love this game but man does it seem like you're milking your patreons/out of idea. The update in this game is so disappointing, it feels like the game is going nowhere with its tiny adjustment update every 9 months or so. I believe you can gain so much more patreon if the updates are more frequent or bigger if its gonna update once a year. Hopefully you dont become the next Icstor.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Kaliba

Story 5/5:
    Good writting, fleshed out characters and an interesting story.
    Especially the character development stands out!

Art 4.5/5:
    The renders (especially in the latest updates) are really good. You can tell that the developer is improving his skills over time.

Music 5/5:
    The ost fits the 'mafia' theme. The music supports the action.

Conclusion:
    The Deluca Family is fantastic game. The only drawback are the (really) long pauses between the updates.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

-------0-

This review is based on 7.2.

Visuals - 5/5
    Story - 5/5
    Characters - 5/5
    Music - 5/5

Really good game, I've experienced alot of games, from huge companies, but this one gave me some other thrill, awesome story, the chars are pretty amazing, looking foward to see the story that the DEV is writting about the main char, I know the game it's only at the begginning at least I hope so, because once I started playing it I was stuck to it.

Just saying I played alot of games, I love mafia games, GodFather, the mafia franchise are some of the games I can relate to this one, but from what I could see, my opinion this one it's better than the others. From some of the reviews people are only looking for sex, but they are missing some important stuff, and this game yes, it's supposed to have sex scenes, but let's just think that we can have a nice story, i proper try to conquer women, like the main char trying to conquer the ladyies in the house, not just going for the sex, but for the story behind, and this one has plenty from what i could see until now.

JUST HOPE THE DEV CAN CONTINUE DOING IS JOB, AND ALL OF US CAN CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIM.

I don't want to see a awesome game like this getting canceled like others!

DEV PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR AWESOME WORK, YOU HAVE ALOT OF PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT IS LOVING THE GAME.

Really looking foward for the next update, I just want to see how it ends, maybe with main char in the front of the family, or maybe THE CHAR, discovers the truth, and if its bad he goes rogue, or something, im already dreaming, making stories about what comes next !!!

Thanks for everything, HOPESGAMING!!

Final word the game is 10/5.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 763289

Very good project. Want to know how it ends.
    Story - very good. Originality - hmm... It's classical situation for these genre. Very good sound, playability and performance . Bugs - no. Decent animations. Very good script and amount of content.
    Luna take my breath away :love:
    Many thanks to developer.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

ViewerOfVNs

This review is based on 7.2.

One sentence review - For anyone who wants to laugh while you enjoy a top notch VN, this is the one for you.

Visuals - 5/5 Stunning and unique. You won't find these visuals anywhere else
    Story - 5/5 What starts as a pretty basic story turns real strong real quick! It's gripping and sucks you in.
    Characters - 5/5 While there aren't as many to chose from, the ones you get, Luna more so, are top notch.
    Music - 4/5 This is the only part of the game that lacks a bit. The music is pretty basic in most parts but good in others.
    Fappability - 3/5 This is mostly a story and sandbox game. There isn't much to far to yet.

Because of the quality of all other sections of the game, it still gets a 5/5.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

RenoEx

Great game looking forward to more of the story and future updates. Really enjoying how the story progress and can not wait until or characther gets involved further into the family business. I'm enjoying the relationships we have with the girls in the game and can't wait to see how they continue to progress.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

seniorboop

Listening to the users claiming that the story in this game is excellent, I tried it out.

The game is basically a cut and paste of a shonen in an obscure mafia setting in practically every way. Personally, I was extremely disappointed.

The only content I cared for was, "My Name is Luna." Beyond that you wont find storytelling much different than practically any other 3-5 star VN you'd find on F95.

Adding to that, this game has been in development for Y-E-A-R-S and is extremely lacking in any adult content whatsoever. There are 4 main love interests and after 7 updates the farthest you can go is a blowjob from one of them. That's it. I let myself get pump faked by the FAQs, i'll be wary of this stuff moving forward:

Q. Where's the sex?!
    A. This game is a bit different from the rest as it is not solely an adult game. The story is as much part of the game as the adult part. Therefore do not expect to have the girls go crazy about you right away. With that said, there will be plenty of bed action down the line.
    The "adult part" is not as much a part of the story as the story itself, it's not even close and I would put the balance at about a 99:1 ratio.

The story itself has seemingly been stagnant for the better part of a year and updates are infrequent.

TL;DR: All in all, unless you're really interested in seeing what a homegrown mafia-style shonen looks like this game is a very easy pass.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

bbrZ72

The best adult game i have ever played. From graphics to gameplay everything is excellent but the best part of the game is the story and it sets apart this game from the others. Each and every character is unique and very well written specially Luna you will just fall in love with Luna. The best part of the game is unlike other game you not just go and fuck everybody in the house specially when it comes to the mafia family. You will have the build the relationship with each character which is quite real. Though this is an adult game but still you will want to oplay the story rather than the sex. I have played many games before it and many after it but man this something else. I definitely recommend this game just close your eyes and download this game. And am eagerly waiting for the next update I request the devs to please bring the next update as soon as possible because the updates off this game is slow in comparison to other games
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Franchise18

The first time I heard of this game was with the 07.2 update.....and wow, was I amazed. The best part about this game is the story. It sucked my right into the game. Honestly, it sucked me in to the point that I didn't care about any lewd scenes. I simply wanted to solve the mysteries about each character in the game.

The contracts are also fun. For the most part, it doesn't feel like you are grinding. I also love the "text adventure" feel of it. Sometimes if I want a break from the main game, I will just go play a few contracts.

Yes, this game is lacking in lewd scenes, but it isn't a deal breaker for me because the story is so good. As for the renders, I had no issue with them. Could it be better? Probably, but I still had no issue with them.

I look forward to the next update.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

vhht

Really liked this game and the story. The story has a very good start, I hope it continues good to the end too! As I saw many games with a good start but very bad ending.

I'm eager to see new versions of this game and how the story will progress.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3024206

The gameplay is really different from any other lewd game around having not only your usual VN story progressions through dialogue, but also some contract missions. Having a quest log really helps nailing what needs to be done in order to progress, which is nice. Story is also quite good with all the mafia setup.

The art and lewd scenes, however, could really be improved. Animations are OK and there is certainly not enough lewd scenes at this moment.

Besides all that, it's a bit concerning that the game has been in development for almost 3 years and has this amount of content. Games that have been in development for this long usually have much more content.

It's certainly a nice game that's worth playing, but I'm not sure if I'll be playing it in further releases, specially if my old saves won't work.