4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Could be. Seems like Kate can become just another "victim" of these crimes, we just don't know what the 'pure' path will end with - maybe the two of them manage to help fight off some corruption in the city?
No point in speculating, when games like the East Block are for the NTR enjoyers, and the pure route is hardly ever consider canonical.
The dev has already said you can avoid the ntr entirely. Back when the game first got here the op even mentioned this until some dudes got upset over a kiss so Bobby had it changed.

And "canon" routes are up to the player unless Bobby comes out and chooses a specific one.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
The dev has already said you can avoid the ntr entirely. Back when the game first got here the op even mentioned this until some dudes got upset over a kiss so Bobby had it changed.

And "canon" routes are up to the player unless Bobby comes out and chooses a specific one.
I mean, sure, I never said that NTR can't be avoided, just that games like these tend to be built with NTR in mind. Otherwise, you are just creating a VN with a couple in love. Under what fetish does that fall? Real-life depression? We are here to have fun, but sure, if seeing something you can get anywhere on modern media floats your boat - by all means. Not knocking down your enjoyment of it, just saying the game is obviously geared towards the netorare/netorase crowd.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I mean, sure, I never said that NTR can't be avoided, just that games like these tend to be built with NTR in mind. Otherwise, you are just creating a VN with a couple in love. Under what fetish does that fall? Real-life depression? We are here to have fun, but sure, if seeing something you can get anywhere on modern media floats your boat - by all means. Not knocking down your enjoyment of it, just saying the game is obviously geared towards the netorare/netorase crowd.
Yes I know it has a netorase tilt at the start now I'm just hoping I don't see the same thing that has happend in so many other games like this In that netorase gets forgotten completely in favour of netorare.

I've seen it happen so many times and it would fucking hurt to see it happen here.

Reactions: LordWanze

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Yes I know it has a netorase tilt at the start now I'm just hoping I don't see the same thing that has happend in so many other games like this In that netorase gets forgotten completely in favour of netorare.

I've seen it happen so many times and it would fucking hurt to see it happen here.
Could it be because netorase is essentially sharing? I can see why it can be hard to create a defining line to stop netorase from turning into netorare, since the difference between the two is paper-thin. And netorare seems like a natural evolution of netorase, no?

• Angry
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Could it be because netorase is essentially sharing? I can see why it can be hard to create a defining line to stop netorase from turning into netorare, since the difference between the two is paper-thin. And netorare seems like a natural evolution of netorase, no?
Not always. There are a couple of games on here that are completely netorase it depends on how good the writing is imo.
And in this it's really good so I have high hopes they remain separate routes.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
I dont have problems with netorase at all and wish the best to the netorase fans (even if i only like netorare) but I dont see how the plot is structured how it supports netorase at all???

unless like 70% of the cast disappears and the whole story/plot change?? it dosent look like a hotwife story at all and more aimed to fans like me that are into netorare at least the plot makes this impression on me...

but maybe I am wrong

Reactions: Waifuhunter666

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I dont have problems with netorase at all and wish the best to the netorase fans (even if i only like netorare) but I dont see how the plot is structured how it supports netorase at all???

unless like 70% of the cast disappears and the whole story change?? it dosent look like a hotwife story at all and more aimed to fans like me that are into netorare at least the plot makes this impression on me...

but maybe I am wrong
The whole opening of the game is about Luke's fantasies about seeing Kathryn with other men. That sounds pretty netorase to me.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
The whole opening of the game is about Luke's fantasies about seeing Kathryn with other men. That sounds pretty netorase to me.
yeah but everything else in the plot dosent I mean just saying no idea maybe there will be 2 path in future no idea

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
No. Not definitively. Let's keep the sharing and cheating separately.
I mean, obviously, cheating and sharing are not the same.
I am just thinking out loud: Is there a point in calling anything netorase, when it is essentially sharing, sometimes with a side of cuckolding? Tomato/tamahto-type of situation.

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
I consider netorase to be sharing/swinging. Which is what I like. But again, everyone will have their own definition. lol

Reactions: Joshy92

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I mean, obviously, cheating and sharing are not the same.
I am just thinking out loud: Is there a point in calling anything netorase, when it is essentially sharing, sometimes with a side of cuckolding? Tomato/tamahto-type of situation.
While I don't consider sharing or swinging NTR it's just easier to call it as such as some players do. For me it's only NTR if the girl sleeps with another person without either telling the MC about it or the blessing of the MC and keeps going back for more. As one time isn't a big deal to me but more than once I might think she might leave the MC and she is being stolen away.

Reactions: Joshy92

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
I consider netorase to be sharing/swinging. Which is what I like. But again, everyone will have their own definition. lol
The way I see it:
  • Sharing: implies both persons in the main relationship are willingly "sharing" one of them with a third-party.
  • Swinging: implies both persons in the main relationship are willingly "sharing" each other with a third-party.
  • Netorare: implies one person in the main relationship is unwillingly "sharing" their SO with a third-party.
  • Netorase: implies both persons in the main relationship are willingly "sharing" one of them with a third-party.
Seems pretty clear & concise to me.
Notice how Netorase and Sharing are essentially the same, at base level?
Both can include cuckolding, but don't always have to. If you can give me your definition of Netorase that would separate it from Sharing, I would love to hear it. But yeah, I don't mind calling Sharing > Netorase for clear-communication purposes, if that is what people are used to calling it.

Sexcultist

Jun 8, 2022
The way I see it:
  • Sharing: implies both persons in the main relationship are willingly "sharing" one of them with a third-party.
  • Swinging: implies both persons in the main relationship are willingly "sharing" each other with a third-party.
  • Netorare: implies one person in the main relationship is unwillingly "sharing" their SO with a third-party.
  • Netorase: implies both persons in the main relationship are willingly "sharing" one of them with a third-party.
Seems pretty clear & concise to me.
Notice how Netorase and Sharing are essentially the same, at base level?
Both can include cuckolding, but don't always have to. If you can give me your definition of Netorase that would separate it from Sharing, I would love to hear it. But yeah, I don't mind calling Sharing > Netorase for clear-communication purposes, if that is what people are used to calling it.
As I understand it:
  • Sharing: implies threesome with 3rd party, i.e., MC, SO and 3rd party have sex together (usually 3rd party is male crush of SO)
  • Swinging: more like open-relationship, MC and SO both independently sleep with other people with each others' consent.
  • Netorase: Only SO sleeps with 3rd party and MC is into it. More voyeuristic - likes watching or hearing about SO and 3rd party's exploits.
  • Netorare: Only SO sleeps with 3rd party and MC gets jealous / is not into it. Can be cheating, or can be with MC's knowledge but against MC's wishes (i.e. cuck).
I think Netorase and Netorare can both potentially include cuckolding, only difference is whether MC is a willing or unwilling cuck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob0bob

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
As I understand it:
  • Sharing: implies threesome with 3rd party, i.e., MC, SO and 3rd party have sex together (usually 3rd party is male crush of SO)
  • Swinging: more like open-relationship, MC and SO both independently sleep with other people with each others' consent.
  • Netorase: Only SO sleeps with 3rd party and MC is into it. More voyeuristic - likes watching or hearing about SO and 3rd party's exploits.
  • Netorare: Only SO sleeps with 3rd party and MC gets jealous / is not into it. Can be cheating, or can be with MC's knowledge but against MC's wishes (i.e. cuck).
I think Netorase and Netorare can both potentially include cuckolding, only difference is whether MC is a willing or unwilling cuck.
Nah, I don't agree on the Sharing definition. Sharing doesn't have to consist only of threesomes of which the main couple is a part of. Hence why it is 99.99% similar to Netorase.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sexcultist

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Nah, I don't agree on the Sharing definition. Sharing doesn't have to consist only of threesomes of which the main couple is a part of. Hence why it is 99.99% similar to Netorase.
agreed when I think of sharing I think the MC being okay with his GF/wife having sex with others and knows about it which can include him or doesn't. Tho generally to me it doesn't include the MC unless it's a group sex or swinging scene.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sexcultist

Sexcultist

Jun 8, 2022
Looks like considers netorase to be synonymous with sharing. I think you might be right :unsure:
I stand corrected. -10 internet points for me :cry:

Reactions: TimoF965

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
As long as the stuff with the pills is mostly up to player choice im fine with it. Not really a fan if it's forced especially on the faithful save I got.
Just for the sound of it - no real criticism. I like how you stand for the free will of the player to forcefully submit the MC to the will of the player :D .

Yeah, joking aside, it is clear that the MC is no real human and all this is just fantasy where as the player is a human being. But I have to add that I even like VNs that bend my will a little - making me do uneasy decisions that I do not like in principel but choose anyways for the arousal they bring - if done well.

The "pill" seems like a way to give some folk some lewd actions faster than the plot would normally ask for. Like a cheat code for turning Kate into a turbo-slut faster. Good for those into that, but I will stick to the 'canon' plot of the slow corruption, without any external influence to circumvent the natural order of things...
In bad novels, the pills are exactly what you are saying. Just a cheap story twist. But in well done novels, I would go with Filipis:
There is corruption based on internal struggle (love vs lust) and then there’s corruption based on external struggle (blackmail, drugs, and stuff like that).
IMHO the internal struggle is more compelling than the external. But I can like both, it just needs to be well done.
For example (with the pill), you give the player a choice whether or not Kate takes the pill before a big romantic date with her SO (forgot his name). Her hope is that it will lead to an unforgettable night for the two of them, but you could structure the evening in such a way that her plans get derailed bu circumstances beyond her control - and now you have a horny-out-of-her-mind Kate facing a slew of unexpected situations with men other than the SO.
As I would put it: In a well done VN, pills could be a way for the MC to be pure, get (externally corrupted), get pure again and have the believability of her slow burn coruption not (completely) destroyed. In fact, the pills-actions could become a catalyst for the corruption... having "free" sex is against her character, but it feels sooo addictive.

See also my point with "joking aside... bending the will of the player a bit by offering him an bad decision with an appealing outcome (for the player)." A bad example: He really like the MC-girl as she is pure and lovely, but if she is to stay pure, the player will get no lewd action.

Otherwise, you are just creating a VN with a couple in love. Under what fetish does that fall? Real-life depression?
Thanks for the good laugh. You worded it perfectly (even though I don't fully agree - even lucky couples without Sharing can have interesting struggles).

Nah, I don't agree on the Sharing definition. Sharing doesn't have to consist only of threesomes of which the main couple is a part of.
So maybe we could even agree on "active sharing" where the boyfriend actively puts his girlfriend on the second male's dick and "passive sharing" where the girlfriend has sex on her own with her friend just present or even farer away (but still loving to hear her story). In this, Netorase seems a bit more on the passive-sharing-side whereas usually, sharing is more on the active-sharing-side.

But yeah, as you stated it, f95 seems to use them synonymiously.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes