Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Are you kidding me? It's justifiable you know, Dev just did the right thing about that !, First she is about to break up with the MC Second No intimate moments with MC lately so ofcourse she is horny, and Third She is drunk ! Anger+Horniness+Drunk = Who's girl can resist? Tell me
And who's fault is that ? mc is shoved a trip with no way to tell no the boss. if it was me i would say no i have better things to do. but everything on the mc part is forced and you cant back out of it. your saying what girl cant resist ?? how about a girl with moral and some real brains. instead of braindead one ?

Drunk really ?? now you want to put it on alcohol she made a choice not the alcohol. stop blaiming others for her shortcoming.
Next your gonna say she played to many f95 games and got horny and jumped on any dik. What lame excuses are these..

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
people really are pushing the blame on things... nowadays the notion of dealing with respnsability and the consequences of one's choices seem to be passe'
When mc was fucking emily she really felt like braindead girl, there was no emotion in thats scene.. was almost pathetic. if you took shower before sex happened she plain leaves but if you decide to stay she takes a shower anyway and after that scene happened i just use the back option and chose to the shower scene instead.

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
For short: Many people think what Emily did was unreal. Even if they watch the flashbacks in future updates, they won't accept that there is a girl like her in real life. For short of short: The writing is bad because they think there is no girl like Emily in real life.
To make this game better, The Engagement have to change the writer to write a better story.

But, these are we admit that were bad:
- No panty scene.
- Slept together with Suzie in the hotel and lied to Emily.
- The shower incident before xxx.

We have 2 options:
- Rewrite the story.
- Keep moving forward.

And we chose the second option.

For the scene Emily accepted to let Alex xxx her: We wouldn't change even if we decided to rewrite the story.

For the party scene: We admit that it was so rush because we had to do it in 2 weeks to finish it on time for Woody's birthday, a good friend of us.

For other scenes (include both xxx scenes and non-xxx scenes): For some scenes, we agree with you that they are bad. For some scenes, we don't. And as we chose to move forward, we wouldn't remake those bad scenes.

Last edited:

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Yeah, someone likes taking those links down so I added another mirror or two.
2 reasons:
- First: People should use their own links. Any donors can upload the new links without getting the original links from the developer.
- Second: We changed some texts. But there weren't many so we didn't make an announcement because some patrons complaint that we posted too many times. The download links here have some differences with the links on patreon page because those were the old links before we changed some conversations after checking again the panty and shower scenes.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
if this emily really excist in realife then maybe you should tell her to go into therapy because clearly this girl will never be happy no matter who she is with. in the end the only person she gonna hurt is herself..

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
if this emily really excist in realife then maybe you should tell her to go into therapy because clearly this girl will never be happy no matter who she is with. in the end the only person she gonna hurt is herself..
I nearly committed suicide because of her.
Another time I hit my head on the wall.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I just want to clarify that I don't hate the game I dislike some of the writing and the way the characters are done.

Now, I read that Emily is like that because she's based on someone the dev once dated. While the dev can understand the way she is, we don't know her so to us she looks like a half crazed whore. She doesn't come across as paranoid to me she comes across like a morally bankrupt slut looking for any excuse to either cheat or dump the MC because she has commitment issues.

I also read a few entries up that Suzie is supposed to be a slut that seduces the MC. Suzie is so far away from being a slut it's hilarious. She has to be forced into sex, backs off from flirt attempts and is quite possibly the most spineless, weak willed character i've ever seen in a game.

The guy that sexually harassed Suzie in the first part turns back up and starts it up again. This being after continual sexual harassment, drugging, kidnapping and maybe a rape in the first part. I'm expected to believe nobody went to the police about this guy and that a company still hoping to do any sort of legal business with anyone else would willingly work with him?

Also, someone turning up and taking over someone else's job and assistant ... not how employment contracts work.

The premise is good but the writing needs a lot of work, it's just not believable.

There are so many lawsuits that could be filed against that company. The MC and Suzie would be able to afford to retire to a quiet beach somewhere tropical for the rest of their natural lives.

Preferably away from other people because Suzie is pretty useless with others.

With regards to the NTR. See, NTR is supposed to bring out feelings of jealousy, not relief. The people reading need to believe their relationship is happy and worth saving or they don't care. They also need to like both characters and want them to be together or they don't care. Here you've made Emily one of, if not the most unlikable woman i've seen in a VN.

When a man has been NTR'd I would expect them to be angry, jealous and probably a bit upset. What I wouldn't expect is for that man to want to go up to the people fucking his woman and say "thanks, bro, really helped me out of a tough spot there. That bitch is a loon" then walk away whistling and happy.

As a woman I can usually relate somewhat to female characters in games even those with wildly different personalities. I don't know any women like those shown here. I know plenty of women that like sex and fuck around but they avoid relationships and are nice people, I don't know anyone like Suzie but that seems to be because she lacks any personality. She has no redeeming features other than being a decent looking character.

This had the potential to be great but the writing needs to be worked on.

I'm not bothered about personal tastes here before that bobble head turns back up, this is a common theme from a lot of people.

Last edited:

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
This is the original Emily (but changed because she looked too old):

RT0405.jpg

Now, when I think about the past, dating her was my biggest mistake.
Emily in The Engagement has the reaction on things just like her.
Except that the incidents in The Engagement didn't happen in real life.
And the flashbacks also are just fiction.
But I'm pretty sure this Emily's behavior are at least 80% like the real girl.
Because I dated her in more than 5 years.

The planned Suzie was a slut.
But she isn't in The Engagement.

Western girls seem to be so much different to East Asian girls.
Do you know how many girls in Japan just keep silent when being groped on a train?
There is even a mobile app for them:

Why don't they just slap his face or scream?
Why?

Many East Asian girls just... let the bad guys do what they want.
The girls like Suzie are not rare in East Asia.
JAV makes it a little too much when the girls let the bad guys have fun so easily.
But in fact, there are girls like that, even in this century.

Have you ever met a girl like this:
"He sold all my stuff. I don't have anywhere to go."
You took her to another place.
After you got back from work, she left you and went back to that guy.

I faced so many unbelievable incidents in my real life.
About the NTR, yes we haven't brought that feeling at all.
Have a look at this:

It's not like we don't realise that NTR in this game are not good enough.
Because it's too fast to make you have feeling for the girls => What made MGA a big success because I felt so sad at the clinic scene.

And when I agreed to write the NTR part of Erodio, I hoped I could succeed in making the NTR scenes have feeling this time. And to achieve that, the story must be built first.

Last edited:

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Hope that this will not end up with Emily going berserk, kills Suzie and MC and than herself.

JuiceBox12

Dec 17, 2018
The true ending spoiler: the MC will decide to leave the city with Emily & Suzie or keep living with those two in the city.
At the moment, this harem route is the true ending (even though it hasn't appeared yet). And we will keep it if nothing gets in the way.

Version 1.3.0 has the first ending for a bad guy (ending for him, not ending for the route or the game): will spend some years in prison and get his assed fucked by other prisoners.
Great. Since you’ve just told us how it ends (what dev does this?), there’s really no reason to bother playing it...

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Wow, this escalates quickly. Just started and right at the first choice choosing to prepare for your job and Emily is already thinking that the MC doesn't care about her at all.

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Ok, I'm sorry that I discussed and gave you information about the development progress and one of the endings of The Engagement. Please delete that comment, thanks.
As for the guys wished us to stop developing this games, if the moderators here don't think that a troll comment, I have nothing to say more.

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Ok, I'm sorry that I discussed and gave you information about the development progress and one of the endings of The Engagement. Please delete that comment, thanks.
As for the guys wished us to stop developing this games, if the moderators here don't think that a troll comment, I have nothing to say more.
The 'Ignore' function is your friend... ;)

Reactions: Captain Kitty

randos belgados

Jan 11, 2019
Great. Since you’ve just told us how it ends (what dev does this?), there’s really no reason to bother playing it...
for me, that's a good news. not that I like the NTR part or the story. I'm watching this thread for Suzie alone lol. oh and harem route? spoiler don't freaks me. can't wait harem with Suzie and other girls ( I wish not with Emily tho )

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Nightphysics

Jun 11, 2018
I think that the devs to some degree understand the issues of the game and nice to hear that they're going to get a writer for the next projects.

Though with their last post regarding Emily's origin and explaining Suzie's behaviour as well I still want to make a distinction clear between a believable and a "real" character. Emily is based upon a real person but she is obviously not believable to many people. The problem is that the player can not empathize with the character he's supposed to be playing. We don't know why we should've been engaged to Emily in the first place. There might have been reasons that you don't need to publicize here, why you stayed with such a person for 5 years but the player doesn't know that reason why he should even want to marry her. So there is a massive disconnect that destroys all suspense of disbelief. Saying a character is not realistic is maybe confusing but that is what people mean when they say that. Emily (just as an example) already could have been partially fixed if her paranoid elements would have been shown in a manner of care towards the MC. She doesn't want to lose him either and therefore in the beginning is trying to fight for him or shows insecurity or something. That is not what was portrayed though. So suspense of disbelief and traits/behaviour the player can empathize with should be maybe put into the future thought processes of new characters.

Another thing regarding east asian girls going to western countries: They generally quite quickly adapt somewhat as almost all human beings adapt to some degree when they travel to a different culture. And they come back bringing a bit of that culture with them, so dependant on how long Suzie was already there, she would've reacted differently. Even in a really traditional household asian americans will act very american for example. But that is all a bit beside the actual point already.

The business scenario looked also quite unreal just from a perspective of legality and the fact that such a business would not survive 6 months without going bankrupt from lack of professionalism and legal battles, but that was hammered in enough. It still is part of the suspense of disbelief.

Reactions: boor3747

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
There are 2 ways:
- Explain why Emily became so paranoid at the start of the game.
- Just let people wonder why she's like that and will explain slowly in the game.
We chose the second option.
But we're pretty sure that there won't be a time when all of the game players accept the reason why Emily became like that. Or everyone will accept the behavior of Suzie. But we can only do what we can. Maybe the game will be still unbelievable at the end of it in some perspectives. But at least we try our best.

Nightphysics

Jun 11, 2018
cheating with x-bf from the beginning shows insecurity / paranoid?
yeah that's what I don't really get either. Maybe a translation issue or so. As I said. Insecurity would normally lead to somewhat show care mixed with fear/anxiety towards the partner and a need to control that partners life. That's not how it was portrayed though... So I never saw paranoia/insecurity from Emily, hm...

Reactions: randos belgados
2.30 star(s) 44 Votes