Unclepop

Mar 3, 2018
this game is so bad that it may become a cult classic, the best line from the game is after the plane crash scene.
MC: You're here too?
Somerandomchick: What did you expect?... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Or one particular scene (after the plane crash) where people are so bored that they yawn instead of being happy to survive. Now I'm pretty sure that this game NEEDS a parody tag.

• Haha
Reactions: christoprd

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Neither players nor you are wrong here

The complaints are definitely exaggerated and sometimes unrealistic but some are valid

About harem let me explain

Imagine if you tell your boss you will do and deliver the project

The boss will not be happy unless first seeing the result and every week you take on the project will piss him off more and more ( even if you are truly going to deliver you project )

You said you will bring harem but how long has this game been here and how many updates yet not a single erotic scene for harem ( so disappointment is justified )

But some are now complaining way too much unrealistically and even ignoring logic simply because you argue with them and this is the internet no mercy is shown on the web

Just do your thing you can't try satisfy everyone what matters Is deliver on what you promise more efficiently and be responsible for the sake of your own game and stop the arguing you know yourself these arguments are going nowhere and wont finish
I don't have any fucking boss assign me to develop this game. There are only my patrons who support me to make this game. 33% of them want the harem route. And I still chat with them, some in private messages. They understand the story must be as planned and the harem route will come into the game in future updates. They don't complain, why do the people don't support me have the right to complain. Tell the imaginary boss to mind his own business.

tara66

Dec 24, 2018
i got an error msg trying to load my last save
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3477, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 910, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 845, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 730, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1868, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1696, in rollback
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
The Engagement 2.2.0 (Compressed)
Sun Aug 04 20:51:36 2019

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
this game is so bad that it may become a cult classic, the best line from the game is after the plane crash scene.
MC: You're here too?
Somerandomchick: What did you expect?... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Or one particular scene (after the plane crash) where people are so bored that they yawn instead of being happy to survive. Now I'm pretty sure that this game NEEDS a parody tag.
It's so bad that some kids play until it's near the end of the current version. It's touch, my child. LOL. Some people need to understand the meaning of a parody tag.

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
i got an error msg trying to load my last save
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3477, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 910, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 845, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 730, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1868, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "F:\Games\New Games\The Engagement\The_Engagement_2.2.0_compressed-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1696, in rollback
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
The Engagement 2.2.0 (Compressed)
Sun Aug 04 20:51:36 2019
The explanation maybe that you didn't play version 2.0.0 or 2.1.0 before. Since version 2.0.0, I recoded the game so you must play from the beginning.

Unclepop

Mar 3, 2018
It's so bad that some kids play until it's near the end of the current version. It's touch, my child. LOL. Some people need to understand the meaning of a parody tag.
don't worry Mom, I played to the end and I had a good laugh. I love this clusterfuck. Now give me a cookie Mom, pleeeeaaase.

Last edited:

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
Even more interesting!!

To me, Emily is easily the standout & star of the game. Vulnerable, beautiful (not just pretty), with a (fragile, but pronounced - both strong & weak) character convincingly drawn (in my view), unexaggeratedly voluptuous, both desirable & sympathetic because of a combination of all the above reasons ... and a woman who engenders both protective ("noble") and lustful ("exploitative") impulses ... which is always a very interesting combination in a game of fantasy.

Just a personal view.
:unsure:a bipolar whore is your ideal women :oops: my friend :( no wonder SJW's are :cautious:

Reactions: christoprd

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
Promises Promises The Engagement is the story about you and people around you. You are on a business trip with Suzie (your best friend's girl). You have this chance to have her for yourself. But you may lose your current girlfriend, Emily. Each decision makes a different outcome. Can you have all the girls or no girl? It's all your decisions.

Captain Kitty

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2019
Hahaa... You should read the offical walkthrough, actually it's very helpful.
This game doesn't like others that use a parallel route, like yuo chose route A or B, or you gain points to achieve A or B.
This game uses a mix route trigger, ike you want to trigger scense B, you have to trigger scense A before.
And the route doesn't stick, it will change due to your options.
So, be careful, otherwise you wil be easy in the alone forever route:sick: LOL :ROFLMAO:
AH HAH! Thanks! I forgot. :p
Man alive! There are some knockers on here ... and I don't mean large breasts.
I don't answer questions here anymore. If you have any questions, feel free to join my discord. It's available for everyone, not only my patrons. Have a good time.

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
:unsure:a bipolar whore is your ideal women :oops: my friend :( no wonder SJW's are :cautious:
You call her bipolar, you call her a whore.

And you claim she is my "ideal woman", showing yourself incapable of distinguishing fact from fiction, or interesting from ideal.

And you have the presumption to accuse me of bad taste.

Have a long hard look in the mirror.

fbass

May 18, 2017
Those kids always play the games until the end, to fap themselves and to find something to troll. Well, I guess I just let them fap themselves here. Why bothering my time with them?
These ungrateful kids who think they have the right to mock the developers when they play the game until the end to fap themselves make me sick. And that's the main reason why I don't want to answer questions here anymore.
Bunch of entitled people, you make a game and suddenly you owe them. Keep doing what you do, it's an excellent game/story.

Reactions: Kame-Sennin

fbass

May 18, 2017
If you don't like it here on this horrible site full of evil and bad folks... you've the opportunity to remove your game from this site, but we both know you'll never do that cause free advertising is a good thing right... cath the fish. ;) You know that your behavior reminds me one particular group of "people", they tried to attack the opposit site by calling them names like trols, sexist and bla bla bla. Oh, now I remebered... cast and crew of Ghostbusters 2016... fuck*** SJWs they must destroy everything.
But back to you my friend.... You see, I don't need to use lame insults to express myself, cause I ain't an immature person. So... maybe try to grow a pair firts and stop whinig, that's what children do.
This horrible site? When did the Dev say that? Ghoustbusters? What a long stretch you've made lol! You are the one that comes across as an SJW

fbass

May 18, 2017
Very well thought out game. If you hate NTR you should play it. Play it right and NTR won't be a "problem"

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
I like games regardless. As long as you stay true to one thing and finish it with grace, you're doing great. Tons of games where they try to cater to Patreon demands to go really wide. Those games are really disappointing IMO. Ntr or not, just do what you want to do and make it really good. Your fans will find you.

But if you wanna make big bucks like those games with 10k+, you pretty much have to do every fetish under the Sun.

Reactions: fbass

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
Doesn't make sense, Emily is not cool like Anne or Jenny in (Happy Marriage) , harem is not possible if she is the girlfriend, better for MC to let her go and be happy with someone else.
That's why I don't see the harem working in the traditional sense.. Suzie is submissive enough tho.

Unclepop

Mar 3, 2018
No, you're wrong. He doesn't have it.
too bad for the Dev I guess
This horrible site? When did the Dev say that? Ghoustbusters? What a long stretch you've made lol! You are the one that comes across as an SJW
Oh, here comes the first white knight. Do you have eyes? If so... use them to read between the lines what the Dev wrote. Obviously he doesn't like the people who have the audacity to mock his game or his big ego and I get it, who does it.
But it doesn't mean it'll stop. Let's face it. This game by the reviews is average. I'd rather say below average but like I said previously, I had a good laugh and mean it... The story is ridiculous to the point that I thought it was a parody.

Now to the next point of your respond...
You know that I don't have to use exactly the same words or sentences when I'm responding to someone right. I can use implications, hyperbole, etc. etc.
So at your discretion that anybody who mocks this game or the Dev's ego is an SJW? You have an interesting point of view my friend. :rolleyes:

2.30 star(s) 44 Votes