4.20 star(s) 57 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
you obviously never played Acting Lessons lol
Perhaps he did and thought that the plot twist was crap, like many of us did.

Who is we? Is this a collective account?
You know, the mob that gathers in his thread and totally doesn't demand every game give them exactly what they want, or they will start terrorizing the dev and the game thread.

Last edited:

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, imo the shortcomings of the audience shouldn't make the author switch things. Look at Star Wars (one of many examples) to see where this usually ends.
Not every story must be for everyone. There is a lot (other) stuff I cannot stand myself.
Star Wars is an example of that? Isn't it more like Disney again and again completely ignores what the fans want and instead pushes for the content they think people have to like?

It's a give and take, there's nothing wrong with giving the audience what they want, without discarding your own ideas.
You don't want a harem as a dev, fine, but why not include at least one or two less traditional option, where you can at least have a relationship with two girls as a thruple? It really doesn't have to be an either/or thing, if compromises could be found.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Star Wars is an example of that? Isn't it more like Disney again and again completely ignores what the fans want and instead pushes for the content they think people have to like?

It's a give and take, there's nothing wrong with giving the audience what they want, without discarding your own ideas.
You don't want a harem as a dev, fine, but why not include at least one or two less traditional option, where you can at least have a relationship with two girls as a thruple? It really doesn't have to be an either/or thing, if compromises could be found.
Giving the audience what they want is dangerous if one doesn't know how to take feedback into account. And even giants like Disney often can't figure it out. Since SW is a good example, see what happened with the new trilogy. In the middle movie the creator decided to follow his vision, a good thing in theory. But he did so, ignoring core elements of what created that massive fanbase for decades. Then Disney decides to fix it by pandering to random fan shit and ended up with disastrous plots like Emperor return and stupid romance with the genocidal villain.

The best way to go about it, is doing what you want to do. And after you gather anything resembling an audience, having the intelligence to filter feedback in order to improve, without fucking up shit that created that following in the first place. Since these games are been made mostly by amateurs, it's a very hard thing to do. These people aren't used to public scrutiny. So maybe blanket ignoring everything and hoping for the best, might be the best choice.

All that said...a thruple would be nice.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
You know, the mob that gathers in his thread and totally doesn't demand every game give them exactly what they want, or they will start terrorizing the dev and the game thread.
I asked him a question, nothing else and you can ask MisterMaya if at any moment I did tell him to make such content or not, before you accuse someone of shit again make sure to have the real facts.
Slander is the same as insulting someone.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Perhaps he did and thought that the plot twist was crap, like many of us did.

jeezzz i hope you don't think i'm demanding anything ... i was just joking around ... whether or not the Dev. wants us to have any girls at all is upto the Dev. i'll play this game no matter what the Dev. decides ... as long as the Dev. doesn't make my MC turn against women ;)

Reactions: botc76

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I asked him a question, nothing else and you can ask MisterMaya if at any moment I did tell him to make such content or not, before you accuse someone of shit again make sure to have the real facts.
Slander is the same as insulting someone.
Don't pretend like your wording isn't intentional.
@MisterMaya what's with all the teasing of boys with the Li's?
Is this supposed to be a question in good faith? You really think he's teasing us, just because his story has more than one male character?
I hoped you won't keep adding this type of drama when I added the game to my list
this is not something we enjoy
You're not just stating your personal preference here. Because you don't like the fact that nobody would need to care about that.

Reactions: AL.d

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Don't pretend like your wording isn't intentional.

Is this supposed to be a question in good faith? You really think he's teasing us, just because his story has more than one male character?

You're not just stating your personal preference here. Because you don't like the fact that nobody would need to care about that.
if you are going to quote, quote the whole post, not just the easily out-of-context phrases.

what's with all the teasing of boys with the Li's? now even Valentine has some dude wanting her back, I hoped you won't keep adding this type of drama when I added the game to my list, I hate that type of thing in games even if the game is not going to have such content... this is not something we enjoy.
By we I mean people that dislikes lis fucking around, or having boyfriends type of "plot".
I at least don't like that type of teasing either, I don't care how many times or who did they fuck in the past, and that one is not the only li teased this way, if this will be a thing in the vn id rather want to know and move on myself.
To each their own as they say, I have no problem with what you enjoy or not but I at least want to know this from the dev.
If any of the girls we are forced to reject because this game won't have a harem route will get a boyfriend then is not a game I'm interested to play.

this is something some of us will want to know, so please tell us if this will be a thing in the game, after all that teasing with the girls and other guys going for them I'm not interested in being teased that in each update and even less if they will get with one of the girls we are forced to reject since we can only choose 1 li per playthrough.
When I use "we" or some of us I mean people that like me don't like the Li's getting a boyfriend in games that we are forced to reject a LI, so instead of white knight your friend read all the post and not only the one phrase that suits you.

Reactions: MrD812

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Giving the audience what they want is dangerous if one doesn't know how to take feedback into account. And even giants like Disney often can't figure it out. Since SW is a good example, see what happened with the new trilogy. In the middle movie the creator decided to follow his vision, a good thing in theory. But he did so, ignoring core elements of what created that massive fanbase for decades. Then Disney decides to fix it by pandering to random fan shit and ended up with disastrous plots like Emperor return and stupid romance with the genocidal villain.

The best way to go about it, is doing what you want to do. And after you gather anything resembling an audience, having the intelligence to filter feedback in order to improve, without fucking up shit that created that following in the first place. Since these games are been made mostly by amateurs, it's a very hard thing to do. These people aren't used to public scrutiny. So maybe blanket ignoring everything and hoping for the best, might be the best choice.

All that said...a thruple would be nice.
Eh, I still think Star Wars is rather an example of ignoring what the fans want. It's not like the fans liked ROS any more than they liked the previous one. No one wanted Rey to be the granddaughter of Palpatine, fans had complained about her being a MarySue, and they made it worse.
Then they made Boba Fett a spineless softie in his own series, I can't imagine a single fan wanting that, nor did anybody ask for an Obi-Wan series, where he is a complete weakling, and instead we have a female Sith-Inquisitor as the protagonist.

Disney does listen to people, when it comes to their Star Wars shows and films, but definitely not to the fans.

And if you read my original post, I don't think you should just give fans what they want, many have a horrible taste and horrible ideas after all, but you also just can't go and completely ignore it, when people criticize part of your work.
You shouldn't go and ignore any input you get, just because you want to do your own thing.
That way you end up with a self-indulgent, anal shitfeast like Dual Family.

Last edited:

lolo49520

Sep 29, 2017
Edit: Updated for Episode 2
Edit 2: Added the Nicole scene fix

Changelog:
  • Added 4 scenes to gallery
  • Fixed Nicole animations not showing

I've made a Walkthrough/gallery mod for this game

It adds a "gallery" button to the main menu allowing to replay scenes and highlights green/add hints to dialogue chocies

Download : MEGA PIXELDRAIN
have you planned to update to episode 3 ?

• Haha
Reactions: BeenThroughHell

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
just picked this up.. small feedback just from the intro...
1) it still says in the into that current episode3 is version 0.2
2) the font... the "!" looks like a "l" (small L)
3) dad dies and leaves the bar to his son but not the family home that he grew up in? (i understand he wants us to live with other girls but at least make some excuse for why MC decided to go rent a place instead to his own home..)
4) that first scene with MC is just pictures with no text that we randomly supposed to guess its not an animation or going to progress on its own.. (some text informing us there is no auto transition and we actually need to click to get to the next screen would be nice)

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterMaya
4.20 star(s) 57 Votes