HTML Abandoned The eWardrobe [v0.6.4] [brickdoorway]

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

q87g

Oct 4, 2017
load up your old saves and get a password from the 'Passwords' button on the left. or play till the end and take the end point password and insert this into 5.1

for anyone who wants to play it: this version has some quick and dirty (really dirty!) fixes for the convenience store + kickball storyline. if you see a link that does not match the story click it to advance beyond the non functioning points. please do not put that link on the front page since i am sure that i introduced some new bugs for other routes :)
Some other cleaner changes:
Code:
Change "eWardrobe.tags to ["exercise"]" to "eWardrobe.tags to ["workout"]"
That way you don't have to make the shortcuts you did.

Line 22968: From "Arthur talk" to "Arthur talk 2"
Line 23055: From "W6SatVal" To "Valerie"

Line 24687: Add "set " in front off "$eWardrobe.mode". However this just adds a different bug..
I didn't think about adding shortcuts, especially on line 26486. I think all of these bugs are fixed in the official version which is now at least version e.

oldsam

Jun 12, 2017
well that certainly is a lot cleaner. i didn't bother to understand why the wardrobe was not working. but just wanted to get to the next scene. 26486 was an edit since the game did not offer me any way to progress in the 2nd scene after that :) as i said - super dirty.
i am sure that they have been fixed in the official version and i would gladly pay the buck to access it, however i don't like the guys attitude of banning the people sharing it here.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
well that certainly is a lot cleaner. i didn't bother to understand why the wardrobe was not working. but just wanted to get to the next scene. 26486 was an edit since the game did not offer me any way to progress in the 2nd scene after that :) as i said - super dirty.
i am sure that they have been fixed in the official version and i would gladly pay the buck to access it, however i don't like the guys attitude of banning the people sharing it here.
It's like some devs just don't realize that sites like this are where most of their backers originally come from. It's not like people are going to just magically know your game exist. Still I'd send him money if I could. He's a good writer and artist types are often a bit temperamental.

Pokepika01

Mar 21, 2018
Ultimately, I'd say don't just throw yourself out there asking for money from the get-go. Start off with a free project or 2, establishing a fanbase for yourself, people who like your work and trust you. Then start asking for money later, and even then, don't trust it as your sole source of income. I guess it's sorta like building a credit score, where when you first get your credit card you get your parents to cosign on the loan, and later you do it yourself, since you've proven you are trustworthy.

ssy

Nov 13, 2017
To most people, 12k a year isn't a hobby. It's a part time job.
Woah, I just saw that on his page...and then there's still the fuss, he actually thinks that people involved in piracy also enjoy seeing him hurt and depressed about it.
If it became a part-time job or if you treat it like that from the start (or even worse- as your ticket to wealth) then the frustration is probably going to be a part of the experience.
Now I don't feel sorry for the guy.

Reactions: Daishi

Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
Woah, I just saw that on his page...and then there's still the fuss, he actually thinks that people involved in piracy also enjoy seeing him hurt and depressed about it.
If it became a part-time job or if you treat it like that from the start (or even worse- as your ticket to wealth) then the frustration is probably going to be a part of the experience.
Now I don't feel sorry for the guy.
I know. I have enough trouble paying higher than 20 dollars for a discount AAA game which I'll own in full as much as paying a 10 dollar subscription fee for a twine game that even the author has outright admitted is mostly a hobby at this rate.

Honestly it's my biggest problem with Patrion games, esp the ones with a paygate. The authors are financially encouraged to work slowly in-order to draw our development time, in-order to keep milking the cash cow.

I mean, compare Cursed to Newlife. One was an act of love that turned into a rather gargantuan project. The other is much more shallow, with far less freedom of action and arguably less interesting content that basically hasn't gone anywhere in two years. Sure, the author is getting at least five grand a month, but hey, as long as he's able to keep the whales on the hook...

Or just look at Strive 4 Power. It's added images yes, and has finished its (rather weak) core campaign, but most of the energy of the author has seemed to have been locked into reinventing the wheel and constant engine updates and changes.

So, I'll be honest, hearing him cry about how we're not contributing to his $1100 dollar a month "hobby that he's sadly unable to commit time to because 'reasons'" makes me want to break a broom handle off in his ass when I have to live off of less than that!

Reactions: Buridan and ssy

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
I know. I have enough trouble paying higher than 20 dollars for a discount AAA game which I'll own in full as much as paying a 10 dollar subscription fee for a twine game that even the author has outright admitted is mostly a hobby at this rate.

Honestly it's my biggest problem with Patrion games, esp the ones with a paygate. The authors are financially encouraged to work slowly in-order to draw our development time, in-order to keep milking the cash cow.

I mean, compare Cursed to Newlife. One was an act of love that turned into a rather gargantuan project. The other is much more shallow, with far less freedom of action and arguably less interesting content that basically hasn't gone anywhere in two years. Sure, the author is getting at least five grand a month, but hey, as long as he's able to keep the whales on the hook...

Or just look at Strive 4 Power. It's added images yes, and has finished its (rather weak) core campaign, but most of the energy of the author has seemed to have been locked into reinventing the wheel and constant engine updates and changes.

So, I'll be honest, hearing him cry about how we're not contributing to his $1100 dollar a month "hobby that he's sadly unable to commit time to because 'reasons'" makes me want to break a broom handle off in his ass when I have to live off of less than that!
$10? Dude what are you talking about? It's $1 for access to the current build not $10. Your bitching about the guy asking for a buck?

Fobian

Nov 16, 2017
Yep, I guess/hope most people here are because they have technical problems with paying those money rather than being greedy...

Reactions: smith66

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Here's 0.5.10(g). Courtesy of anon:

The game is up to at least version h, so expect some bugs.
I ran into some bugs near the end with most of the new clothes but it was nothing game breaking.

anschwww

May 10, 2017
the J is public:
Version: 0.5.0(j)
html + pics
html only
html + pics
html only

Reactions: nad destroyer
4.90 star(s) 9 Votes