Water Master

Aug 19, 2018
Having problems with applying the posted 1.0.5 uncensor patch to 1.0.6 so I'm gonna explain step by step what I'm doing:

-Extract the game
-Extract the patch at ~\HolyKnightRicca_v106en\Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data
-Rename data.unity3d to data.unity3d.bak and putting it in the plugins folder (I know that you can just rename it)

This worked both for 1.0.3 and 1.0.5 but 1.0.6 seems to crash on startup.

Any help would be appreciated, although at this point I wouldn't mind waiting til they finish patching it; and hopefully some kind soul would upload a full version already patched out.

Reactions: f9account
Nov 22, 2018
Having problems with applying the posted 1.0.5 uncensor patch to 1.0.6 so I'm gonna explain step by step what I'm doing:

-Extract the game
-Rename data.unity3d to data.unity3d.bak and putting it in the plugins folder (I know that you can just rename it)
...wait, you want to apply funog1's patch or hex-edit the data.unity3d? It seems that you have mixed the 2 methods.
For applying patch, the 5 files in the zip file should be applied in ~\HolyKnightRicca_v106en\Game, not in ~Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data.
For hex-editing, after editing the decompressed data.unity3d, you need to rename the file name back to "data.unity3d" if you renamed it during decompressing, and leave it in "HolyKnightRicca_Data" folder.
"data.unity3d.bak" cannot be read by the game, and I don't think the patch will read "data.unity3d.bak" neither.

Last edited:

lordman43

Apr 29, 2020

-Extract the game

This worked both for 1.0.3 and 1.0.5 but 1.0.6 seems to crash on startup.

Any help would be appreciated, although at this point I wouldn't mind waiting til they finish patching it; and hopefully some kind soul would upload a full version already patched out.
It still doesn't work, I tried all the methods, or I'm doing something wrong.

Smirenka

May 4, 2018
You seem quite knowledgeable about things...may I ask if this openhardware report is normal when playing this game? My fans are going extremely fast and I swear I can feel the heat in the room increasing.
To put it bluntly:
Your computer is struggling because you're trying to play this decades games on last decade's computer.

It was a very good rig this time last decade.

Looking again: Clear out some of your HDD space and your system will run better. You should NEVER let any drive in your system get TO much less above 90% full.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
To put it bluntly:
Your computer is struggling because you're trying to play this decades games on last decade's computer.

It was a very good rig this time last decade.

Looking again: Clear out some of your HDD space and your system will run better. You should NEVER let any drive in your system get TO much less above 90% full.
Can't afford a new computer anytime soon; translating work's been low pay lately.

What's the acronym TO mean in this context?

Smirenka

May 4, 2018
Can't afford a new computer anytime soon; translating work's been low pay lately.

It's not. Just capitalized it for emphasis.

And I'm sorry to hear that, as it's a big heckin' mood. But that's why it's running itself a bit ragged with this. Keep an eye and an ear on it, at that age things like to spontaneously fail.

Making assumptions based on things so far, I'd suggest making sure you have no dead fans, and keeping an ear on your HDD to make sure it's not making new noises are two very important things to do to prolong the life of an older rig like that. Expect some of the fans to be dead if you've not replaced them previously, and I'd highly suggest replacing the HDD before it has a chance to die on you, as generally speaking after they pass six or eight years they start getting more and more likely to just suddenly fail. Not exactly a desired outcome for something you probably need to use for your livelihood, needless to say.

xeon_1

Dec 30, 2019

if your drive gets too full the drive will spend to much time searching for stuff instead of reading stuff.
Also since the OS needs to write and read small stuff all the time this will increase the effect of slow down.
In your case 98% is way to much, as to make it near unusable.

me personaly i never let a HDD get above 80% and an SSD not above 90%
That way the drive have enough free space to write stuff direclty without having to create space first

also switch to an SSD for you os please.
Hell you can get 1TB ssd for cheap these day's and they will blow that HDD out of the water.
I only use HDD's in my network storage servers and on my main rig for large stuff i don't need to acces quickly and responsivly.
Raw photo/video before editing , Photo/video's after editing / vm's i don't often need.

Honestly i don't know if you are trolling us with those spec's or not.
The last amd X4 that we had at work (grade school) i threw out 2 years ago for being to slow and that had an SSD.
Saved the SSD for reuse in some old corporate donated laptop.

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
It still doesn't work, I tried all the methods, or I'm doing something wrong.
definitely doing something wrong.

funog1's uncensor is literally just a file/folder dump into the folder that contains the HolyKnightRicca.exe executable file in it.

it could even be your antivirus stealing files that are needed to run..

I literally created a folder named 'HolyKnightRicca fuck Avast' and then created a folder exception in my avast(cuz avast is stupid obviously)

then I moved everything into the folder and extracted funog1's uncensor and file/folder dumped it into the folder with HolyKnightRicca.exe

done.. that simple and it always works for every version.

Smirenka

May 4, 2018
i never let a HDD get above 80% and an SSD not above 90%
This is backwards. You should NEVER let an SSD have less than 20-25% space, as they only have a limited amount of R/RW cycles and thus the increased read/write of finding shit around clutter causes a hugely acclerated burnout rate. A HDD is nominally fine up to 10-15%.

Perelik

May 12, 2019
Here I am just started this game 2 hours ago and now version 1.06... does it change something signif. I am with 1.03 eng

andy4200

Dec 4, 2018
definitely doing something wrong.

funog1's uncensor is literally just a file/folder dump into the folder that contains the HolyKnightRicca.exe executable file in it.

it could even be your antivirus stealing files that are needed to run..

I literally created a folder named 'HolyKnightRicca fuck Avast' and then created a folder exception in my avast(cuz avast is stupid obviously)

then I moved everything into the folder and extracted funog1's uncensor and file/folder dumped it into the folder with HolyKnightRicca.exe

done.. that simple and it always works for every version.
i just use this stripped Win11 by Ghost spectre.. Defender and all the other bs it gutted, and has a nice linux-like Cmd interface for grabbing essential tools. check em out, theres a build for just about every level of pc builds

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
changelog?
A) in the OP, under 'Changelog'; B) search for changelog by using the searchbar in the top-right of the page in this thread and search for the word "changelog"; C) check the game's DLsite link from the OP (if scrolling down from there a little bit and seeing and registering 'Changelog' is not an option for some reason) and click 'Update information' - though this involves clicking on and locating 'Update information' on a possibly not-yet-seen page...

On another note: yaaaay, not just unnecessarily-too-large-and-not-looking-good-(imho)-boobie-sized-sample-picures-in-the-OP-finally! Cheers!

4.50 star(s) 105 Votes