Aug 22, 2021
How in the heck do I get the knight special ability unlock on stage 10 its by 3 long chains and I cant get my special attack to stick anywhere useful or my jump attack.
You need to throw a sword in just the right spot and then double jump up to it if I recall correctly.

Is there a way to improve my jumps and get them higher and further? I'm seeing tons of jumps I just can't make for some reason. Starting to get bored of this game the monster scenes have too much goblins and I'm at grim reaper and getting my ass kicked. How are people powering up their jumps so much?
Also the double jump skill. There isn't a way to upgrade the default jump height other than that.

akitsushima

Apr 28, 2020
having insta death on fall off on a game with LIMITED revives is just counter intuitive and tedious. it's not part of a challenge. that's just bad design. idk how anyone would miss that lol.
Bro, the dev already gave you a flying skill to avoid this trap. WHY ARE YOU STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT IT? Will you ever be satisfied or are you just gonna complain about it forever?

Aug 22, 2021
They really, really didn't. You naming a list of 6 recent (lol @ recent) games does not mean the genre as a whole did away with the mechanic.
Sure, I am going off of my own personal experience here and trying to reference popular titles in the last decade. Would you mind providing the counterexamples that I missed?

Exactly the point of your post. YOU specifically don't like it. That's a terrible reason to call something "bad game design"
That is a bit rude. Care to elaborate?

Bro, the dev already gave you a flying skill to avoid this trap. WHY ARE YOU STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT IT? Will you ever be satisfied or are you just gonna complain about it forever?
Given the context, they were referencing problems in the initial full release which the dev acknowledged and addressed (quite tactfully IMO for that particular problem since it has to be intentionally enabled/disabled by the player).

May 9, 2020
FULL SAVE (of all CGs)

I tried to actually complete the game with all achievements but I'm too busy with college.

You guys know the drill
Put in C/Users/UrPC/AppData/LocalLow/Mogurasoft

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
did i complain? i was discussing what is and isnt bad design. y'all really are just incredibly entitled and just go rage when someone critics a game you guys play. like ?????

f4s1k1n

Jul 22, 2017
Is there a way to improve my jumps and get them higher and further? I'm seeing tons of jumps I just can't make for some reason. Starting to get bored of this game the monster scenes have too much goblins and I'm at grim reaper and getting my ass kicked. How are people powering up their jumps so much?
You can improve the jump by using lighter clothes and lighter weapon (remove some weight from equipment until movement speed is very fast), it will compromise the physical defense though

liooon

Feb 5, 2022
It is the same as previous versions, just drag the patch contents into the appropriate folder (says in the instructions) and open the game.

The patch needs to download stuff to work so let it through your firewall if it asks.
I placed all of the unzipped files in the folder where HolyKnightRicca.exe is located.
Is this not enough?

Ricewind19901

Feb 12, 2020
Sure, I am going off of my own personal experience here and trying to reference popular titles in the last decade. Would you mind providing the counterexamples that I missed?
Boot up Steam and sort on platform games. You'll find plenty if you're not too lazy to do anything besides peddle your own narrative.

That is a bit rude. Care to elaborate?
There's nothing to elaborate. It was clear and plain English.

Reactions: Purple_Heart

akitsushima

Apr 28, 2020
I placed all of the unzipped files in the folder where HolyKnightRicca.exe is located.
Is this not enough?
Ummm... that zip file you uploaded only contains a bunch of empty folders and lacks any of the actual files.
1. Redownload from the post linked in the OP
2. Turn off anti-virus or whitelist the folder location to make sure they don't delete the files
3. Make sure that the patcher isn't blocked by your firewall and you have an internet connection so it can download the necessary files

patch.png

autotactic

Jun 30, 2017
Dark Souls fan complaining about difficulty and unfairness of another game, funniest shit I've seen today.
Totally offtopic but, i think that dark souls enemies and boses are really well balanced, they are really hard, but they force you to learn, and once you do it, it really comfortable to face some enemies, but we cant say the same with The surge 1

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2021
Boot up Steam and sort on platform games. You'll find plenty if you're not too lazy to do anything besides peddle your own narrative.
The irony here is absurd.

the flying out of the hole shouldn't never been done.. now you have no consequence for falling at all.. you're just a kid on his bicycle with training wheels now..
Seriously, why is the existence of that option so upsetting to you? It is optional! It is a skill you actually have to buy to use and you can turn it off if you think it makes the game too easy.

If it doesn't lessen your achievement or even affect your gameplay, why is worth fighting over?

Aug 22, 2021
Totally offtopic but, i think that dark souls enemies and boses are really well balanced, they are really hard, but they force you to learn, and once you do it, it really comfortable to face some enemies, but we can say the same with The surge 1
Absolutely, the boss and level design in Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro are all absolutely fantastic.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
imo opinion it's still a bad design.. losing a retry bc you fell off or even having a limited retry on a combat platformer(with clunky movement too) and potentially redoing the whole level is just tedious? like i wouldnt mind if the game didnt make you do the whole level again if you lose all the retries. then i really wouldnt mind the fall off mechanic. i have played a lot of NES games and that fall off design WITH restarting the whole level if you lose all your "life" is VERY outdated.. nobody does that anymore because it's a complete waste of time. most platformers now that FOCUS on platforming gameplay that has instadeath would give you infinite retries when you die.

the whole doing the whole level again isnt challenging nor good design. that's just tedious. and in version 1 you couldnt even take home the shards and i bet the lot of you think that is a good design bc "hard".

idk if you guys are just nostalgic of that game mechanic of retries and death on fall off but nobody does that anymore.. usually it's infinite retries on checkpoints.
Does that make the game less hard? no. just less tedious. less doing the whole level.

if you disagree again. then agree to disagree i suppose.

and to reply to the spoiler title, yes. people were raging. dont know why people cant be civil about discussions. and just keep seeing it as a complaint lmao

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I think dying and restarting the level needs to be removed from the game completely because it breaks the flow of the game and no one is doing that anymore. It's not hard to come back to the same spot I died so it is not a matter of difficulty, it is just a tedious thing to do. Just take a look at Call of Duty games once I die I immediately respawn somewhere close and keep running again. Developers of this game should take notes from developers of CoD games. We are in 2022 now and dying is so old. Times have changed but developers of this game are still stuck at 80's bad game design.

They should also lower the damage and health of bosses because they are very time consuming and boring. I can beat them easily at hard difficulty but I don't have all the time in the world to play this game. Also why are they attacking so fast? Their attack speed needs a nerf too, imo. I was just blinking in a boss fight and this motherfucker decided to combo my ass to death while my eyes were closed, this is not fair or fun. In a second I died and he literally started fucking me in the H scene, not cool. My point is, game in it's current state is not fair, how could I've known he was going to attack me. Boss should have signaled his attack for a few seconds with a big glowing red exclamation mark on his head or something. Only after that he should be allowed to attack me. That would be fair and fun. In the end I kicked his green ass but it took longer than it should've. Fight was not even difficult at all. It was just tedious. I honestly enjoyed the game and completed it at hard difficulty but I think if developers implemented my ideas to the game it'd be beneficial for all players.

Last edited:

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Also sorry for posting twice in a row but I forgot to mention those annoying enemies with their gimmicks. I believe if developers changed those enemies game would be more fair and fun. Some examples:
  • There are flying enemies but I can't fly, not fair.
  • There are enemies with shields, I can easily beat them but they are annoying.
  • There are enemies who can go invisible. They are invincible too. Not fair.
To make them balanced here's a few ideas:
  • I should be able to fly anytime anywhere with 0 restrictions, just like enemies.
  • Lower enemy health so they don't waste players time more than they should.
  • Make invisible enemies semi-visible and remove their invincibility.
Overall I think game is good already but it could use a few tweaks to make it more enjoyable.

Last edited:

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
imo opinion it's still a bad design.. losing a retry bc you fell off or even having a limited retry on a combat platformer(with clunky movement too) and potentially redoing the whole level is just tedious? like i wouldnt mind if the game didnt make you do the whole level again if you lose all the retries. then i really wouldnt mind the fall off mechanic. i have played a lot of NES games and that fall off design WITH restarting the whole level if you lose all your "life" is VERY outdated.. nobody does that anymore because it's a complete waste of time. most platformers now that FOCUS on platforming gameplay that has instadeath would give you infinite retries when you die.

the whole doing the whole level again isnt challenging nor good design. that's just tedious. and in version 1 you couldnt even take home the shards and i bet the lot of you think that is a good design bc "hard".

idk if you guys are just nostalgic of that game mechanic of retries and death on fall off but nobody does that anymore.. usually it's infinite retries on checkpoints.
Does that make the game less hard? no. just less tedious. less doing the whole level.

if you disagree again. then agree to disagree i suppose.

and to reply to the spoiler title, yes. people were raging. dont know why people cant be civil about discussions. and just keep seeing it as a complaint lmao
Agree to disagree, it's good design imho, and the game is not clunky. If it were i'd probably agree its tedious but since it's fun, then the harder the better.
What was a bullshit design though was back in the EA demos the behaviour of one specific boss i don't remember was extremely bullshit, but no, i think the pits are fine. Or at the very least, that's just like my opinion, which disagrees with yours.

And Purple_Heart i have something to add to your comment too in a civil manner, but first i need to be sure, you're being serious and not trolling, right?

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
And Purple_Heart i have something to add to your comment too in a civil manner, but first i need to be sure, you're being serious and not trolling, right?
Why would I be trolling? Writing that much takes a lot of effort you know(because I use google translate to fix my typo's while writing). I could've easily completed a ranked match in LoL or CoD with the same amount of effort. So no, I am not trolling.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Zippix
4.50 star(s) 105 Votes