akitsushima

Apr 28, 2020
We are in 2022 now
EXACTLY! And this game lacks one definitive feature that modern games have, micro-transactions. Why do we even need to painfully redo stages in order to grind crystals when other games allow us to buy them directly with cash? Also, imagine if this game has gacha. I'd easily throw down $2000 to roll for 5-star Miria while fully unlocking all her abilities, then another $1000 to roll for her signature weapon and armor set. Holy shit, I'm so smart! Why did the devs not think of this?

---

Seriously though, why is no one complaining about the cutscenes playing EVERY FRIGGIN' TIME. H-scenes can be automatically skipped if already watched, but normal scenes need to be manually skipped via the pause menu. I already checked the options but I can't find it, so maybe I'm not seeing something here because I feel like I'm the only one with this problem right now.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
EXACTLY! And this game lacks one definitive feature that modern games have, micro-transactions. Why do we even need to painfully redo stages in order to grind crystals when other games allow us to buy them directly with cash? Also, imagine if this game has gacha. I'd easily throw down $2000 to roll for 5-star Miria while fully unlocking all her abilities, then another $1000 to roll for her signature weapon and armor set. Holy shit, I'm so smart! Why did the devs not think of this?
Holy shit, I'm sending this to developers because I think that's a brilliant idea. Imagine if this was a gacha game, random possibilities are virtually endless! I hope they read my mail and start working on the sequel as a gacha game, I'd love to watch my 5-star Miria getting gangbanged by lvl1 goblins! You really are amazing for thinking of such a brilliant idea, if you are not a developer or a designer I suggest you consider becoming one. A talent of this level should not go to waste.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
Why would I be trolling? Writing that much takes a lot of effort you know. I could've easily completed a ranked match in LoL or CoD with the same amount of effort. So no, I am not trolling.
Because i could have said some of that to mock some people here who complain about the game's difficulty and design. I thought that maybe you were doing exactly that and being sarcastic. But since not let me reply, of course, in a civil manner just like yourself, which is something i applaud despite if we disagree on some things.

Like for example i feel that saying that because there are flying enemies then the player character should be able to fly anytime, anywhere and to everywhere without limitations is something quite...odd.
As for that other example about deaths and restarts, and your comparison to CoD games, how do they work in CoD exactly? or how would you suggest they did in this game?
Because if you restart with full health, that could trivialize the pits entirely, they'd have no reason to exist anymore.
And the same thing if you restarted with the same amount of health you had before falling. Why would they even be there anymore?
Or how would you suggest they worked?
And lastly, making a comparison between old and new games is precisely a big selling point, unironically.
Many people like old games and new games with a retro fashion because of their challenge, and dislike new games because they are too lacking in challenge which gets boring. And vice versa, some dislike difficulty specifics of old games and new games that have a retro fashion, and some like new games' difficulty mechanics.
That's why new games are made with retro mechanics. And that's why they sell.
Maybe it's just different folks, different strokes.

EDIT: Not to mention you can't really be making comparisons between games of different genres like FPS and Platformers, even if it's just about a specific system mechanic.
Or, i mean, of course you can, but that's why i am asking you to elaborate on how you would rework these particular things.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
how do they work in CoD exactly? or how would you suggest they did in this game?
Because if you restart with full health, that could trivialize the pits entirely, they'd have no reason to exist anymore.
And the same thing if you restarted with the same amount of health you had before falling. Why would they even be there anymore?
Or how would you suggest they worked?

EDIT: Not to mention you can't really be making comparisons between games of different genres like FPS and Platformers, even if it's just about a specific system mechanic.
I already wrote my opinion on this problem and explained why. In fact it is in the first sentence of my post:
I think dying and restarting the level needs to be removed from the game completely because it breaks the flow of the game and no one is doing that anymore.
I also explained how it works in CoD in that same post:
Just take a look at Call of Duty games once I die I immediately respawn somewhere close and keep running again.
And lastly, making a comparison between old and new games is precisely a big selling point, unironically.
Many people like old games and new games with a retro fashion because of their challenge, and dislike new games because they are too lacking in challenge which gets boring.
I understand. I don't want the game to be easier. I am just saying this game has some minor annoyances and if those were to be fixed it would be a better game overall. But that's just my opinion.

Petrine12

May 26, 2020
bro. how can you not tell that half your posts look like sarcasm?

"Just take a look at Call of Duty"
"I should be able to fly anytime anywhere with 0 restrictions."
"Lower enemy health so they don't waste players time more than they should."
" I think dying and restarting the level needs to be removed from the game completely because it breaks the flow of the game and no one is doing that anymore."
" I could've easily completed a ranked match in LoL or CoD with the same amount of effort."

The fact that you mentioned Call of Duty at all kind of makes me question how serious anything you say is, haha.

Reactions: derakino999

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
bro. how can you not tell that half your posts look like sarcasm?

"Just take a look at Call of Duty"
"I should be able to fly anytime anywhere with 0 restrictions."
"Lower enemy health so they don't waste players time more than they should."
" I think dying and restarting the level needs to be removed from the game completely because it breaks the flow of the game and no one is doing that anymore."
" I could've easily completed a ranked match in LoL or CoD with the same amount of effort."

The fact that you mentioned Call of Duty at all kind of makes me question how serious anything you say is, haha.
I'm sorry if it looks like sarcasm. That wasn't my intention.
These sentences when written individually like that looks like sarcasm but there are context in my post, explaining those.

• Wow
Reactions: Zippix

liooon

Feb 5, 2022
Ummm... that zip file you uploaded only contains a bunch of empty folders and lacks any of the actual files.
1. Redownload from the post linked in the OP
2. Turn off anti-virus or whitelist the folder location to make sure they don't delete the files
3. Make sure that the patcher isn't blocked by your firewall and you have an internet connection so it can download the necessary files

View attachment 1638604
I did what you told me to do and got this screen.
Is there something I'm missing?

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Are you sure your antivirus is turned off?
Looking at your screenshot it seems like everything broke while program is trying to extract downloaded files required for uncensor plugin to work. Perhaps something(antivirus or something else, idk) is preventing the program from extracting those files. That's just a theory though. I'm not sure what's going on in that picture.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
I asked for an alternative
You're saying to remove dying and restarting
You can't just remove one thing and then leave it at that
Or what, do you want the player to be unable to lose, at all?
That's a movie, not a game

And i asked about the specifics of HEALTH in call of duty, because i DON'T know

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
Seriously, why is the existence of that option so upsetting to you? It is optional! It is a skill you actually have to buy to use and you can turn it off if you think it makes the game too easy.

If it doesn't lessen your achievement or even affect your gameplay, why is worth fighting over?
no it doesn't upset me that much.. I actually haven't been upset one time while I've typed my 'text walls'.. but I do have my own thoughts on stuff.. so I think logically and come to the conclusion that some things are pointless and others make the game feel less.. of a game. the real point isn't that it's optional, it's that there is already an easy mode..
with that, adding something like that optional skill makes the game move more toward a story instead of a game..

next lets just add real flying.. and the player can just fly over all the enemies.. as long as it's optional, that's all fine, right?

sounds like I'm making fun of what you said.. but I'm not. instead, I'm meaning that just because it's optional doesn't mean that it's any less of a game destroyer(in the sense that the game is being made into less of something you can really play.. at least in the tradition platformer sense.. now it's just a game you run in... I guess? I mean, yeah you mash a button and move right and left.. )

now, if the game calls it a CHEAT.. and in the end, you don't get achievements lol lets do it.. it is a cheat after all lol

Reactions: derakino999

akitsushima

Apr 28, 2020
System. DllNotFoundException

Uh, oh! I don't understand any of that code dump but I think a missing DLL is a bad sign that something is deleting those files, blocking those files from being accessed, or the files didn't extract properly.

Generic troubleshooting:
1. Did you install this game inside your "Program Files" folder? Move it somewhere else. (ex. "C:\Games\")
2. Did the file path contain any non-English characters? Remove them. (ex. "C:\Games\Holy Knight Ricca v1.1.0en\Game\")
3. Double check if your anti-virus is disabled. Maybe you have two installed and you only disabled one.
4. Try running the game as an administrator. (right-click HolyKnightRicca.exe --> Run as administrator)
5. If the extraction was faulty, try to redownload the uncensor file again. Linked in the OP of the thread.
6. Try using an alternate zip extraction application like 7zip if it still won't extract properly.
7. Delete old uncensor patch data before applying a fresh one.

If it still doesn't work, I can no longer help you.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
no it doesn't upset me that much.. I actually haven't been upset one time while I've typed my 'text walls'.. but I do have my own thoughts on stuff.. so I think logically and come to the conclusion that some things are pointless and others make the game feel less.. of a game. the real point isn't that it's optional, it's that there is already an easy mode..
with that, adding something like that optional skill makes the game move more toward a story instead of a game..

next lets just add real flying.. and the player can just fly over all the enemies.. as long as it's optional, that's all fine, right?

sounds like I'm making fun of what you said.. but I'm not. instead, I'm meaning that just because it's optional doesn't mean that it's any less of a game destroyer(in the sense that the game is being made into less of something you can really play.. at least in the tradition platformer sense.. now it's just a game you run in... I guess? I mean, yeah you mash a button and move right and left.. )

now, if the game calls it a CHEAT.. and in the end, you don't get achievements lol lets do it.. it is a cheat after all lol
Yeah, i feel the same WaY, also that about respawning in the spot? That's exactly like a savestate in an emulator. I don't want to make fun of purple though so that's why i'm asking nicely, i mean maybe idk, maybe in the way it works in CoD some of it could be adapted without making the game lame and unchallenging

Aug 22, 2021
no it doesn't upset me that much.. I actually haven't been upset one time while I've typed my 'text walls'
My apologies. I have been arguing in this thread for days and may have taken that out on you a bit :)

I see what you are getting at and to a certain extent I agree. Honestly though, for this game, I would say that the flying is fine if people really want it (and it actually is in the game as a consumable atm). I don't understand the desire, but if I don't have to use it I certainly won't demand that no one else can.

In this case, that option and a cheat would serve the same purpose. It makes it easier for more people to enjoy the game. The label 'cheat' is usually just used to help distinguish the options that the dev think detract from the intended experience.

The matter remains, if you do not want it, you do not have to use it. You have the power to make your own decision. Why would you deny that choice to others based solely on your own personal preference?

SlamJammin

Jan 1, 2018
How do you save in this game? I played up till the village was burned which took about 45 minutes just going through the story and playing a bit. When I reloaded I was at the very beginning of the game again! I went through a checkpoint while fighting the slimes at the beginning but I have no save point there. Is this game seriously making me a hostage to it for more than 45 mins of play?

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
bro what the fuck is with all this discussion about game design man?
just play whatever the fuck you enjoy and voice your thoughts but please stop spamming, I don't think it's considered constructive criticism anymore after the 3rd lenghty post on the same subject, so wtf is the point of arguing?...
please end this
I'm sorry if my posts annoyed you because they seemed like spamming, I was only sharing my thoughts about the game.
I'll now refrain myself from talking about this "games design" as long as I'm not specifically asked to.

Jun 8, 2017
How do you save in this game? I played up till the village was burned which took about 45 minutes just going through the story and playing a bit. When I reloaded I was at the very beginning of the game again! I went through a checkpoint while fighting the slimes at the beginning but I have no save point there. Is this game seriously making me a hostage to it for more than 45 mins of play?
As far as I know, the only way to "Save" is after completing a chapter. You can however skip scenes you already played through, or use the skip button to quickly get through text.

liooon

Feb 5, 2022
System. DllNotFoundException

Uh, oh! I don't understand any of that code dump but I think a missing DLL is a bad sign that something is deleting those files, blocking those files from being accessed, or the files didn't extract properly.

Generic troubleshooting:
1. Did you install this game inside your "Program Files" folder? Move it somewhere else. (ex. "C:\Games\")
2. Did the file path contain any non-English characters? Remove them. (ex. "C:\Games\Holy Knight Ricca v1.1.0en\Game\")
3. Double check if your anti-virus is disabled. Maybe you have two installed and you only disabled one.
4. Try running the game as an administrator. (right-click HolyKnightRicca.exe --> Run as administrator)
5. If the extraction was faulty, try to redownload the uncensor file again. Linked in the OP of the thread.
6. Try using an alternate zip extraction application like 7zip if it still won't extract properly.
7. Delete old uncensor patch data before applying a fresh one.

If it still doesn't work, I can no longer help you.
I was successful!
Thank you for your help.

4.50 star(s) 105 Votes