grixtopix

Aug 7, 2021
This has to be the best game I've played in a long time. There is so much material to do a pt.2 or sequel I hope they do that.
what do you mean theres much material to work with for next game?Ricca's adventure ended.the game woudnt leave you with a big impact if you played a veteran heroine who knows everything,that would be just a regular (lame) game,not to mention theres no bad guy to fight with

• Angry
Reactions: Katsuie

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
Dev is currently working on implementing some extra content (mostly extension of existing H-scene and new H-scene). He also say all the content for the game is already planned so he won't add anything user suggest.
So far, he didn't say if the extra content contain new stage or not.

check the ci-en for more info. Google translating his post should let you know what's going on at least.

Katsuie

Oct 15, 2017
what do you mean theres much material to work with for next game?Ricca's adventure ended.the game woudnt leave you with a big impact if you played a veteran heroine who knows everything,that would be just a regular (lame) game,not to mention theres no bad guy to fight with
... Read the definition of prequel.

In fact, here you go:
1646932547313.png
The events BEFORE

• Angry
Reactions: TexOperator

Katsuie

Oct 15, 2017
No need to be a smartass, when you were clearly talking about a continuation:

This thread has had enough off-topic talk and needless personal banter already. Let's keep it civil and relevant!
That's not being a smartass but ill agree to disagree. :)

• Angry
Reactions: TexOperator

Zikon

Mar 11, 2022
how to use downloaded save data for holy knight ricca? is there a stey by step. im not that good on this stuff.

pansch

Jun 5, 2017
how to use downloaded save data for holy knight ricca? is there a stey by step. im not that good on this stuff.
In your Windows search bar, type %appdata% and hit enter.
From the window that opens, navigate to ...\AppData\LocalLow\Mogurasoft\HolyKnightRicca.
That's where the save file goes.

ZX3000GT1

Jun 27, 2020
Try running HolyKnightRicca.exe in the Game sub-directory instead.
Got the game running. And I have to say, for those who said gameplay is good in this, I want the same pot that you smoke.

Try playing Strider 2 or Odin Sphere remake, then come back to this game. It's so clunky and floaty. There's an illusion of depth (upgrades) but 99% of the enemies can be dealt by simply increasing the amount of combos and increase atk power. I suppose for an H-game it's certainly great, but even Strider 1 easily surpasses this and that's from 1989. The whole light attack/heavy attack toggled by whether you press the arrow keys or not is stupid - why not just separate the buttons? I set the game to use my Xbone controller and it's not even using most of the buttons. Same with walk/guard being on the same button. It's stupid.

Then there's the bosses. So far they're really easy sans Level 10 which for whatever reason I can't damage him. Apparently you have to throw the enemies to him but I still don't know how to do it. One time I got really lucky and got 60% damage to him straight away, but can't replicate it. I genuinely want to know because that's the only one that bothered me (the level itself also sucks IMO. The layout is really confusing and finding the silver crystal and the upgrade sword is pain in the ass, while it's not that bad elsewhere).

H content is top tier though so at least there's that.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
Got the game running. And I have to say, for those who said gameplay is good in this, I want the same pot that you smoke.

Try playing Strider 2 or Odin Sphere remake, then come back to this game. It's so clunky and floaty. There's an illusion of depth (upgrades) but 99% of the enemies can be dealt by simply increasing the amount of combos and increase atk power. I suppose for an H-game it's certainly great, but even Strider 1 easily surpasses this and that's from 1989. The whole light attack/heavy attack toggled by whether you press the arrow keys or not is stupid - why not just separate the buttons? I set the game to use my Xbone controller and it's not even using most of the buttons. Same with walk/guard being on the same button. It's stupid.

Then there's the bosses. So far they're really easy sans Level 10 which for whatever reason I can't damage him. Apparently you have to throw the enemies to him but I still don't know how to do it. One time I got really lucky and got 60% damage to him straight away, but can't replicate it. I genuinely want to know because that's the only one that bothered me (the level itself also sucks IMO. The layout is really confusing and finding the silver crystal and the upgrade sword is pain in the ass, while it's not that bad elsewhere).

H content is top tier though so at least there's that.
As said multiple time, to kill the Scythe wearer, you either infuse your weapon with magic using a skill and hit it (dangerous since it make dodging the OS from the scythe harder). Or send the enemies flying in his face. .. which is usually archieve using strong attack or for the bird jumping weak attack.

You may found the game easy and lacking in gameplay compared to high level non H game, but if you can't get the basic skill of the game for such a boss, thing are going to get hard quickly after that, especially if you play on hard.

The game isn't that hard. But it require you to understand a few points - like all game of this kind.
And some boss will be difficult if not impossible if you dont.

And yeah, I haven't really played platformer since forever and I found it easy (at least not in hard mode). But that's all personal point of view with our own affinities and likes.

kangnuonuo

Oct 8, 2017
Dude the goblin scene made me hard and depressed at the same time.. is this how the rest of the game is going to make me feel like?

ZX3000GT1

Jun 27, 2020
As said multiple time, to kill the Scythe wearer, you either infuse your weapon with magic using a skill and hit it (dangerous since it make dodging the OS from the scythe harder). Or send the enemies flying in his face. .. which is usually archieve using strong attack or for the bird jumping weak attack.

You may found the game easy and lacking in gameplay compared to high level non H game, but if you can't get the basic skill of the game for such a boss, thing are going to get hard quickly after that, especially if you play on hard.

The game isn't that hard. But it require you to understand a few points - like all game of this kind.
And some boss will be difficult if not impossible if you dont.

And yeah, I haven't really played platformer since forever and I found it easy (at least not in hard mode). But that's all personal point of view with our own affinities and likes.
I actually play on hard. Except for the level 10 boss, the game's easy IMO. It's certainly nothing compared to the PS1 hack n slasher like Strider 2, both in gameplay and difficulty (Strider 2 is hard AF. You really have to get the grips with the moves to even stand a chance. I still can't finish that game without continuing).

As for said boss, I tried sending the enemies to him, but 8 times out of 10 it'll just passes through. The damn enemies have to be thrown pixel perfect it seems.

Also, "high-level non H game" I'm talking about a game released more than 3 decades ago (Strider 1, 1989). Is it wrong to expect a game to be at least as good as a 3 decade old game?

4.50 star(s) 105 Votes