Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
Also, "high-level non H game" I'm talking about a game released more than 3 decades ago (Strider 1, 1989). Is it wrong to expect a game to be at least as good as a 3 decade old game?
At that time, game had a high level of dificulty and were more on the basis of Die & retry (yeah, I too played game like the original Strider, ghost 'n' Goblin....).
Today games are more on an easy mode compared with the old time (although there a renewal of the die & retry mindset).

Sadly - or hopefully - H-game have for objective to provide fap material (as well as game entertainment). If the difficulty is too high, there will be many unhappy peoples / customer. So unless the game advertise itself has a die & retry game, they won't aim for real hard difficulty.

marshbadge96

Jan 15, 2021
Anyone have any luck getting the uncensor patch working on Linux? I've got it in the correct directory, but BepInEx never executes. What are the files it needs to download? Can I just grab them manually and put them where they need to go?

MelonLoader might not work with wine, that might be the issue. That probably means I can't use the patch.

substray

Oct 16, 2018
Also, "high-level non H game" I'm talking about a game released more than 3 decades ago (Strider 1, 1989). Is it wrong to expect a game to be at least as good as a 3 decade old game?
...haven't you ever heard the expression ? I don't remember Strider 2 being particularly memorable though, nor was the 2014 reboot all that great either.

ZX3000GT1

Jun 27, 2020
At that time, game had a high level of dificulty and were more on the basis of Die & retry (yeah, I too played game like the original Strider, ghost 'n' Goblin....).
Today games are more on an easy mode compared with the old time (although there a renewal of the die & retry mindset).

Sadly - or hopefully - H-game have for objective to provide fap material (as well as game entertainment). If the difficulty is too high, there will be many unhappy peoples / customer. So unless the game advertise itself has a die & retry game, they won't aim for real hard difficulty.
I suppose I came a bit wrong in the message. What I meant is the clunky and floaty controls - this game is somehow more clunky than a 3 decade old game, that's what I meant. The gameplay is what I expect to at least be good enough, not the difficulty.

Try playing Strider 2 or Odin Sphere remake, then come back to this game. It's so clunky and floaty. There's an illusion of depth (upgrades) but 99% of the enemies can be dealt by simply increasing the amount of combos and increase atk power. I suppose for an H-game it's certainly great, but even Strider 1 easily surpasses this and that's from 1989. The whole light attack/heavy attack toggled by whether you press the arrow keys or not is stupid - why not just separate the buttons? I set the game to use my Xbone controller and it's not even using most of the buttons. Same with walk/guard being on the same button. It's stupid.
This is my original complaint btw

...haven't you ever heard the expression Nintendo hard? I don't remember Strider 2 being particularly memorable though, nor was the 2014 reboot all that great either.
Shame you don't find Strider 2 memorable, I think it's the best in the series, art style and gameplay wise.

Strider reboot I agree though, unmemorable mediocre metroidvania.

Last edited:

ZX3000GT1

Jun 27, 2020
Ok, so I have to swallow my pride for a bit here - I said before that this game is easy. Well, I have finished the game, and I have only 1 singular trouble - mimics. Especially at the end of epilogue 1. Any other enemies? Easy. This thing though, I don't know how to beat it. The damn thing will grab you no matter how quick you jumped away, and escaping the grab is practically impossible. Any tips?

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
Ok, so I have to swallow my pride for a bit here - I said before that this game is easy. Well, I have finished the game, and I have only 1 singular trouble - mimics. Especially at the end of epilogue 1. Any other enemies? Easy. This thing though, I don't know how to beat it. The damn thing will grab you no matter how quick you jumped away, and escaping the grab is practically impossible. Any tips?
Open and attack immediately. You could probably jump away after a hit or two, but taking it down with successive hits should be doable.

ZX3000GT1

Jun 27, 2020
Open and attack immediately. You could probably jump away after a hit or two, but taking it down with successive hits should be doable.
Nvm I got the cheese strategy - hold the special attack key right after pressing a key to open the mimic. If you've unlocked most, if not every single skill (which I guess is expected if you're in epilogue 1), you'll kill the mimic without it touching you - as you cast special and get i-frames, mimic will grab you and fail, in which special attack would start and kill the mimic. Wait for magic cooldown, then do the same for the next one.

Reactions: goldmin
Jun 19, 2018
Nvm I got the cheese strategy - hold the special attack key right after pressing a key to open the mimic. If you've unlocked most, if not every single skill (which I guess is expected if you're in epilogue 1), you'll kill the mimic without it touching you - as you cast special and get i-frames, mimic will grab you and fail, in which special attack would start and kill the mimic. Wait for magic cooldown, then do the same for the next one.
That's weird, I don't remember mimics giving me that much trouble. I was always able to tap my way out of the grab (to be fair I had a 2nd wireless keyboard plugged in and laying by my side, whenever I got grabbed I'd spam left-right on both keyboards at the same time)
You can also try to pre-emptively attack the chests. Don't remember if it works in this game, but I remember playing one game where you could hit the chest to reveal the mimic without opening it. Can't think of any other game I played recently, so it must've been this.
Also what carried me through the game was spamming Guard+Jump, the i-frames on it are disgusting when fully upgraded. It can help get out of a tight situation.

ZX3000GT1

Jun 27, 2020
That's weird, I don't remember mimics giving me that much trouble. I was always able to tap my way out of the grab (to be fair I had a 2nd wireless keyboard plugged in and laying by my side, whenever I got grabbed I'd spam left-right on both keyboards at the same time)
You can also try to pre-emptively attack the chests. Don't remember if it works in this game, but I remember playing one game where you could hit the chest to reveal the mimic without opening it. Can't think of any other game I played recently, so it must've been this.
Also what carried me through the game was spamming Guard+Jump, the i-frames on it are disgusting when fully upgraded. It can help get out of a tight situation.
I'm using an Xbox controller, so it's pretty hard to break free from grabs with tricks like you said (even worse since this game can only handle either mapping to the stick or the d-pad. Not both. And the mere idea of a QTE where I have to break the stick just to break free is unacceptable).

jonnyhhh

Feb 8, 2022
4.50 star(s) 105 Votes