3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
IT's fucking frustrating....

There are many good VN's on here that are abondoned for whatever reason. As a fan of many games it's fucking frustrating to see.
In some ways I would gladly take over some of them just to continue as they are great, knowing i'll not quit until officially done.

Anywhoo it is what it is... Pity as this game to me as a dev had the best looking art design...:cautious:

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
IT's fucking frustrating....

There are many good VN's on here that are abondoned for whatever reason. As a fan of many games it's fucking frustrating to see.
In some ways I would gladly take over some of them just to continue as they are great, knowing i'll not quit until officially done.

Anywhoo it is what it is... Pity as this game to me as a dev had the best looking art design...:cautious:
With all due respect, you couldn't. If you rely only on the quality of the renders where there is a Secret and Your game, it is estimated would look like this: Secrets 95/100, Your game - 21/100.
:D

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
This is in comparison of renders. Most generally do 0 quality. You have a good game, stable, so the audience you type and skill will appear :) Look at the game become a rock star. There the author of a beginner from the word altogether. But he somehow manages to do well and a lot.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
You both are correct, beauty is in teh eye of the beholder... @ggermanus i meant thx in good way but for render quality i do not believe mine are at 21/100 but that is just my opinion.

Aorta had a very good thing going same as Family Matters and Teachers Pet but they stopped making their games for whatever reason.
Im saying is as a fan it's dissappointing and wish they'd continue but...

Reactions: Piyush3362

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
You both are correct, beauty is in teh eye of the beholder... @ggermanus i meant thx in good way but for render quality i do not believe mine are at 21/100 but that is just my opinion.

Aorta had a very good thing going same as Family Matters and Teachers Pet but they stopped making their games for whatever reason.
Im saying is as a fan it's dissappointing and wish they'd continue but...
You can cheaply rent powerful equipment for rendering. But for some reason no one even thought about it, everyone wants to fulfill their unimaginable ideas on medium-sized computers.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
It has its pro's and cons using cloud servers to do your renders. Maybe it's a pride thing or a determination to do it oneself. Anyway nice chat ..

You can cheaply rent powerful equipment for rendering. But for some reason no one even thought about it, everyone wants to fulfill their unimaginable ideas on medium-sized computers.

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
It has its pro's and cons using cloud servers to do your renders. Maybe it's a pride thing or a determination to do it oneself. Anyway nice chat ..
I share my personal design experience. In complex projects, a dedicated server machine, came out in profit. Only I'm not a game developer, and sites, applications.
Nice talking to you. Successful development to you, sir! :)

jack8080

Apr 10, 2018
View attachment 49558

Hello there, I’m I’m the developer of the game Family Secret. This is a Visual Novel about a young man who, together with his mother, moves to another city. A new college, a new home, a new life. And new stories.
Thread Updated: 07 / 28 / 2018
Release Date: 07 / 28 / 2018
Developer/Publisher: and his
Censorship: No
Version: Ep2 v0.1.2.2p
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - -
Others: Compressed Version:

Extras: IX patch: -

View attachment 142174 View attachment 142177 View attachment 142178 View attachment 142176 View attachment 142175 View attachment 142179 View attachment 142180 View attachment 142181 View attachment 49559 View attachment 49560 View attachment 49562 View attachment 49563 View attachment 49564
i have this error
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

After initialization, but before game start.
Exception: DirectSoundCreate: No audio device found

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\RF\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FAMILY\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\RF\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FAMILY\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 510, in main
renpy.display.core.Interface()
File "C:\Users\RF\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FAMILY\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1614, in __init__
renpy.audio.audio.init()
File "C:\Users\RF\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FAMILY\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 801, in init
renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False)
File "renpysound.pyx", line 192, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
File "renpysound.pyx", line 61, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
TheSecret 0.1.2.2

what the fix of

Art3miss

Nov 8, 2018
i have this error

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\RF\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FAMILY\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\RF\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FAMILY\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 510, in main
File "C:\Users\RF\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FAMILY\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1614, in __init__
renpy.audio.audio.init()
File "C:\Users\RF\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\FAMILY\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 801, in init

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
TheSecret 0.1.2.2

what the fix of
Check the audio driver.

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
i have this error

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
renpy.audio.audio.init()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
TheSecret 0.1.2.2

what the fix of
Dude, there is no fix. That version of the game is so broken it's not even funny.

tony95

Nov 7, 2018
I think the game is now officially dead, Aorrta disappeared again
Good luck to all of you still waiting

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes