• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
I do not understand why a skilled person like him, that could make real good of money with this game (and live with it), is negletting his customers and wasting this opportunity. I really do not get it. You have a job that pays very well, you're good at it, you trash it.
I think this game had a really good potential, graphics are really good, the plot is more than fine, the setting is quite original. This could really have a bright future. Has he stated why the development proceeds so slowly? It's not that he's doing it as an hobby, he gets real money for that.

Reactions: tony95 and exirock

tony95

Nov 7, 2018
I do not understand why a skilled person like him, that could make real good of money with this game (and live with it), is negletting his customers and wasting this opportunity. I really do not get it. You have a job that pays very well, you're good at it, you trash it.
I think this game had a really good potential, graphics are really good, the plot is more than fine, the setting is quite original. This could really have a bright future. Has he stated why the development proceeds so slowly? It's not that he's doing it as an hobby, he gets real money for that.
I think most people here agree with you. Aorrta himself is the biggest bug he should take care of.

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
Guys, stop screwing around! I think those bugs are like the ones from Starship Troopers. I hope Aorrta is o.k! He needs to find the brain bug if he is to have any chance!
brain-bug-starship-troopers-arachnid-1.jpg

Cgt35

Dec 13, 2018
Hii all
i couldnt take the prostitue to some place, what should i do for being with her at night after the work in thursday.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
So this mid-March release surely turned out great and Aorrta sure stopped his radio silence for a longer period this time.
It's baffling how Patreon doesn't care about obvious scammers on their site and ignores all patrons reporting him.

Reactions: Dmitriy from Rivia

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Simply put: if you don't want to risk abandoned or postponed projects: don't fucking bother donating at all, and stop whining. I've seen *much* worse cases of developers disappearing or abandoning their project. If you already donated: simply cancel the rest of your payments. Who knows, maybe the developer will sometime continue his project, maybe not.

For most Patreon developers, their project is simply a hobby, which does NOT take priority over their regular job, nor over whatever happens in their private life. Very few developers manage to make enough from Patreon to actually make a living, but rather invest the donations they receive in better hardware and new assets for their renders (and $200 is small change in that regard). Maybe YOU get your assets here at F95 for free, but that's not an option for the more serious renderers, who risk lawsuits and everything, and have to get them legally from Daz or Rendo or 'Rotica. For the avarage Developer, the income from a Patreon page is nothing but a little extra to help with expenses.

What you DO risk, with your whining, is that a developer who simply has little time for a while gets stressed, burns out, and actually does abandon the project. Congratulations, you just caused that investment to be wasted yourself. Fucker!

There are currently several developers on a break for the very reason that they were about to burn-out. If you take ICSTOR for example, he failed several monthly deadlines since December (he actually no longer does monthly updates, by the way, but people seemed to ignore when he announced that), has had a ban on asking "when will the next update be" questions on his Discord for ages, and finally decided to bite the bullet and is now on a well deserved break. It took him a while to finally make that decision, and yes, it did upset some of his patrons, but it is what it is. If we want to see his projects finished, we better make sure he lives to complete it, and if possible also his next games. Whining, begging and pushing him isn't going to help get that game finished, and he's very lucky to have a team of very strict admins on his discord to just cut out all that crap.

The same applies to Aorrta: if you don't like how he handles his development, then simply don't donate. At least there's no indication yet of him to act like that Slonique idiot, who abandons every project after 3 updates for the next brainfart. Though, by now, I wouldn't hold it against Aorrta if he DID indeed abandon his project. Not because he got tired of the project, but because he got tired of the whining dickheads who most probably "borrowed" their mothers' creditcard to donate. IF they even donated..

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
Simply put: if you don't want to risk abandoned or postponed projects: don't fucking bother donating at all, and stop whining. I've seen *much* worse cases of developers disappearing or abandoning their project. If you already donated: simply cancel the rest of your payments. Who knows, maybe the developer will sometime continue his project, maybe not.

For most Patreon developers, their project is simply a hobby, which does NOT take priority over their regular job, nor over whatever happens in their private life. Very few developers manage to make enough from Patreon to actually make a living, but rather invest the donations they receive in better hardware and new assets for their renders (and $200 is small change in that regard). Maybe YOU get your assets here at F95 for free, but that's not an option for the more serious renderers, who risk lawsuits and everything, and have to get them legally from Daz or Rendo or 'Rotica. For the avarage Developer, the income from a Patreon page is nothing but a little extra to help with expenses.

What you DO risk, with your whining, is that a developer who simply has little time for a while gets stressed, burns out, and actually does abandon the project. Congratulations, you just caused that investment to be wasted yourself. Fucker!

There are currently several developers on a break for the very reason that they were about to burn-out. If you take ICSTOR for example, he failed several monthly deadlines since December (he actually no longer does monthly updates, by the way, but people seemed to ignore when he announced that), has had a ban on asking "when will the next update be" questions on his Discord for ages, and finally decided to bite the bullet and is now on a well deserved break. It took him a while to finally make that decision, and yes, it did upset some of his patrons, but it is what it is. If we want to see his projects finished, we better make sure he lives to complete it, and if possible also his next games. Whining, begging and pushing him isn't going to help get that game finished, and he's very lucky to have a team of very strict admins on his discord to just cut out all that crap.

The same applies to Aorrta: if you don't like how he handles his development, then simply don't donate. At least there's no indication yet of him to act like that Slonique idiot, who abandons every project after 3 updates for the next brainfart. Though, by now, I wouldn't hold it against Aorrta if he DID indeed abandon his project. Not because he got tired of the project, but because he got tired of the whining dickheads who most probably "borrowed" their mothers' creditcard to donate. IF they even donated..
The dull opus from dimwit. If the developer decided to make games for adults, not only for themselves but also to the public, then public flogging is an element of justice. Aorrta - dummy. ICSTOR bummer. People pay for the game he makes for people, he doesn't just owe them, he owes them! So, get out of here, little speaker.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
The dull opus from dimwit. If the developer decided to make games for adults, not only for themselves but also to the public, then public flogging is an element of justice. Aorrta - dummy. ICSTOR bummer. People pay for the game he makes for people, he doesn't just owe them, he owes them! So, get out of here, little speaker.
You're wrong. On Patreon, you do not pay for the game. You pay to support the developer to create his project.
Whether you get a copy of the game or not is actually at the developers' discretion, even if it is common practice to do so.
The developers owe absolutely nothing to their patrons, except for gratitude and an attempt to work on the project as much as resources (like donations) allow for. If a developer spends the $200 he gets from donations on assets required for the project, then he's actually already done enough for that month. In most western countries, $200 certainly isn't enough to dedicate as much time on a project as a full time job. $200 warrants 2-3 work days (16-25 hours) tops, if it wasn't already spent on necessary assets. Any more time dedicated to a project for that amount is a mere extra.

For most games, donation only gives you access to the latest version of the game, so if you donate $5 for the month that version 0.1 is released. If you continue to donate, you'll get access to each version that gets released, so 0.1 on your first month, 0.2 on the next (total $10), hopefully 0.3 on the month after that ($15 by now). And your little brother, who decides to donate $5 on the final month of full release gets the completed game, just as you, who might've already spent $150 by that time. Sucks to be you, doesn't it? If you stopped donating before the final month, then you paid $145 for an incomplete game, while only one moth later your little brother pays just $5 for the complete version of that very same game. Sucks even more to be you then?

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
You're wrong. On Patreon, you do not pay for the game. You pay to support the developer to create his project.
Whether you get a copy of the game or not is actually at the developers' discretion, even if it is common practice to do so.
The developers owe absolutely nothing to their patrons, except for gratitude and an attempt to work on the project as much as resources (like donations) allow for. If a developer spends the $200 he gets from donations on assets required for the project, then he's actually already done enough for that month. In most western countries, $200 certainly isn't enough to dedicate as much time on a project as a full time job. $200 warrants 2-3 work days (16-25 hours) tops, if it wasn't already spent on necessary assets. Any more time dedicated to a project for that amount is a mere extra.

For most games, donation only gives you access to the latest version of the game, so if you donate $5 for the month that version 0.1 is released. If you continue to donate, you'll get access to each version that gets released, so 0.1 on your first month, 0.2 on the next (total $10), hopefully 0.3 on the month after that ($15 by now). And your little brother, who decides to donate $5 on the final month of full release gets the completed game, just as you, who might've already spent $150 by that time. Sucks to be you, doesn't it? If you stopped donating before the final month, then you paid $145 for an incomplete game, while only one moth later your little brother pays just $5 for the complete version of that very same game. Sucks even more to be you then?
Are you kidding or pretending to be stupid ? I told you about my own thoughts, including the mentality of my state and responsibility for people. I was the patron of Aorrta until the release of its latest version, when it started the delay, I withdrew the payment. I don't have a younger brother. I've been married a long time, doing business, and the pathetic pennies you're worried about, I don't even theoretically care. It is useless to have a dialogue with you, you have a wooden, uninitiative and primitive thinking. Anyone who requires money for development should share the final product, or trial!

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
If I remember correctly, Aorrta was remaking the game in Unity? Well...after seeing Midnight Paradise and the amount of bugs that game has...maybe Aorrta is stuck in bug limbo?

Anyone know why these devs change to the Unity engine instead of sticking to Renpy? It seems to me they're biting off more than they can chew.

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
If I remember correctly, Aorrta was remaking the game in Unity? Well...after seeing Midnight Paradise and the amount of bugs that game has...maybe Aorrta is stuck in bug limbo?

Anyone know why these devs change to the Unity engine instead of sticking to Renpy? It seems to me they're biting off more than they can chew.
Who told you such nonsense ? It makes the game (remastered) on the engine Ren'py. He did not switch to Unity)

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
Who told you such nonsense ? It makes the game (remastered) on the engine Ren'py. He did not switch to Unity)
Can't remember, maybe I read it on this thread somewhere or one of his patrons said that's what he was doing. I was pretty sure the whole reason he was remastering it was because he was shifting it over to Unity.

ggermanus

Dec 29, 2018
Can't remember, maybe I read it on this thread somewhere or one of his patrons said that's what he was doing. I was pretty sure the whole reason he was remastering it was because he was shifting it over to Unity.
No, he's doing it on Ren'py. One of his team members left. He was lazy. There is information that the release version of the game he started doing in mid-March. The final game will be in July-August. Again, rumor has it)

Luxter

Apr 23, 2018
Anyone know how to fuck the hooker who's outside of the working lot on Thursdays? She keeps saying that I need to find a place and I don't know what to do from there.

EDIT: Nvm found the answer you had to talk to the car guy

Luxter

Apr 23, 2018
I'm pretty disappointed that this game was abandoned since it has a lot of potential and was pretty good. The models were pretty hot, the story wasn't too bad, the sex stuff was pretty solid, everything was pretty good. However since he's doing a Reloaded one which looks even better, I have hope that he can deliver an even better game. Is he still continuing with the Reloaded? Does anyone know?

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
I'm pretty disappointed that this game was abandoned since it has a lot of potential and was pretty good. The models were pretty hot, the story wasn't too bad, the sex stuff was pretty solid, everything was pretty good. However since he's doing a Reloaded one which looks even better, I have hope that he can deliver an even better game. Is he still continuing with the Reloaded? Does anyone know?
His original release date was last October!
Then he went missing!
Appeared again in February, I think, with a new release date of March 15th.
After missing that date as well, said he needed time to fix some bugs.
Here we are a month later :unsure:

So, there's two lines of thought:
1. Scam
2. Incompetence.

I lean towards the 2nd option.

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes