• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I hope we start promoting some of our concubines to wives. Like, fine if the woman herself doesn't want to get married for one reason or another. I just don't like the two tier system used unnecessarily.

Anyway, great update.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
I hope we start promoting some of our concubines to wives. Like, fine if the woman herself doesn't want to get married for one reason or another. I just don't like the two tier system used unnecessarily.

Anyway, great update.
Wasn't it something about standing? Marrying women of nobility or high standing, while the commoners become concubines?
Having the lord of the land full-on marry a former slave probably wouldn't fly, from a political/inheritance standpoint.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: S1nsational

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Wasn't it something about standing? Marrying women of nobility or high standing, while the commoners become concubines?
Having the lord of the land full-on marry a former slave probably wouldn't fly, from a political/inheritance standpoint.
Perhaps, I can't remember if it was ever explained in game, but considering our Fire can't be stopped by anything short of (insanely) high level wards, I would invite anyone who complains to a friendly duel to the death.

Like the head slaver of the entire kingdom nearly died because he fucked with our brand which is backed with our Fire, he only survived because our father was at hand to cast a ward on him.

This almost definitly won't be given as an option, and I do kinda get why, but rules of the kingdoms or not, I don't want any of my girls treated greater or lesser than any other.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Yep, nobles can only marry other nobles, the commoners become concubines. Same, the children of concubines cannot inherit titles, but the legitimization of bastards is very common in Aetas due to the situation.

Perhaps, I can't remember if it was ever explained in game, but considering our Fire can't be stopped by anything short of (insanely) high level wards, I would invite anyone who complains to a friendly duel to the death.

Like the head slaver of the entire kingdom nearly died because he fucked with our brand which is backed with our Fire, he only survived because our father was at hand to cast a ward on him.

This almost definitly won't be given as an option, and I do kinda get why, but rules of the kingdoms or not, I don't want any of my girls treated greater or lesser than any other.
There's a little problem with killing anyone who complains: if you kill the wrong one, you end up with their entire armies against you. Or worse, someone like the Queen, Gods forbid. And the first to complain would be the church of Ishtar, which perform weddings and is the most revered of all the clergies.

It is part of the lore of the world I created and was put there to give more depth to it. And also because it makes sense. It, for example, reduces the risks of the bloodbaths that can happen when a ruler dies. See what happened IRL with the sons of the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire.

The MC though does not care very much. But yeah, legally, wives do take precedence over concubines, who are higher in the "food chain" than the slaves are.

Now, some of the Mc's lovers will be raising in rank because of the feats they accomplish.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018

Apart from what Vanderer mentioned above, being strong himself won't really help his children when he dies, they inherit his estate and the rest of the realm simply doesn't aknowledge them because they are the half-dwarf child of the castle's cook (even if she has royal booty). :D

• Haha
Reactions: Vanderer

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yep, nobles can only marry other nobles, the commoners become concubines. Same, the children of concubines cannot inherit titles, but the legitimization of bastards is very common in Aetas due to the situation.

There's a little problem with killing anyone who complains: if you kill the wrong one, you end up with their entire armies against you. Or worse, someone like the Queen, Gods forbid. And the first to complain would be the church of Ishtar, which perform weddings and is the most revered of all the clergies.

It is part of the lore of the world I created and was put there to give more depth to it. And also because it makes sense. It, for example, reduces the risks of the bloodbaths that can happen when a ruler dies. See what happened IRL with the sons of the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire.

The MC though does not care very much. But yeah, legally, wives do take precedence over concubines, who are higher in the "food chain" than the slaves are.

Now, some of the Mc's lovers will be raising in rank because of the feats they accomplish.
As I said, I get it I just don't like it.

So long as we/MC treat all our girls equally, I'm fine. Keeping up apperances in public, fine, not ideal, but fine, in private and behind closed doors etc? I want all girl equal

Reactions: AlexTorch

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Apart from what Vanderer mentioned above, being strong himself won't really help his children when he dies, they inherit his estate and the rest of the realm simply doesn't aknowledge them because they are the half-dwarf child of the castle's cook (even if she has royal booty). :D
You underestimate how much of the planet I'm willing to burn. I admire the convictions of anyone who see the laws of inheritance as being more important than their own life and the lives of their friends, family, and anyone around them.

And jokes of ruling the planet with a molten fist aside for the moment, it's looking increasingly like we're going to be marrying into the royal family of both the humans and elves. Soon we shall (fuck and) marry our way to becoming emperor and be able to change any damned law we want.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
And jokes of ruling the planet with a molten fist aside for the moment, it's looking increasingly like we're going to be marrying into the royal family of both the humans and elves. Soon we shall (fuck and) marry our way to becoming emperor and be able to change any damned law we want.
:unsure: Good point.
Although, much to my dismay, Vanderer has been holding out on us regarding the MILFs.
Marrying the princesses will not make us the king (or king-consort) any time soon, if ever (elven longevity).

In other words, giev MILFs plx.

PS: I know Karla is technically a MILF, but you know what I mean.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
:unsure: Good point.
Although, much to my dismay, Vanderer has been holding out on us regarding the MILFs.
Marrying the princesses will not make us the king (or king-consort) any time soon, if ever (elven longevity).

In other words, giev MILFs plx.
We don't even know what we are....

All we know is we're part human and part something fire related. We don't know what effect it's going to have on our lifespan. If we're part dragon we could out live the elves and dwarves or live as long as them at least.

Actually thinking on that, will our army of children all inherit our fire blood? I recall it being pondered in game about our eldest also having magic like her parents, but nothing about her inheriting our fire blood.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Actually thinking on that, will our army of children all inherit our fire blood? I recall it being pondered in game about our eldest also having magic like her parents, but nothing about her inheriting our fire blood.
Magic is genetic in my setting. So, the answer is some will, some will not, but even those who does have it will have a diluted version of it.

Unless the MC makes babies with someone who as a Flame inside her...

It won't be shown though. I intend the story to run at least a year in-game, but magic awaken at puberty.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I'm glad with the somewhat good turn of the disease event(except for the one girl). But I have to say, Estrid is getting annoying. Please tell me, that she will finally be put in her place. I mean, she doesn't even know MC, but is always only hostile to him, there has to be a reason for it and consequences for her behaviour.

But so far so good, I'm looking forward to the next updates. As my only option (for now) to support you, Vanderer, I started to spread the word on some discord servers, where I'm on good terms with the owners. I hope it brings you ultimately more financial supporters.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
We don't even know what we are....

All we know is we're part human and part something fire related. We don't know what effect it's going to have on our lifespan. If we're part dragon we could out live the elves and dwarves or live as long as them at least.
Wo do know, it's Ifrit, a fire spirit from arabian mythology. It's mentioned somewhere in the beginning of the game I believe.

As for the lifespan, wasn't the reason that the MC looks like an old dude that he ages faster? Something about a brighter flame burning out faster. I might mix this up with another game though, not sure anymore.

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Wo do know, it's Ifrit, a fire spirit from arabian mythology. It's mentioned somewhere in the beginning of the game I believe.
As for the lifespan, wasn't the reason that the MC looks like an old dude that he ages faster? Something about a brighter flame burning out faster. I might mix this up with another game though, not sure anymore.
I remember that being mentioned as a possibility not a certainty

Reactions: Vanderer and oidex

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I'm glad with the somewhat good turn of the disease event(except for the one girl). But I have to say, Estrid is getting annoying. Please tell me, that she will finally be put in her place. I mean, she doesn't even know MC, but is always only hostile to him, there has to be a reason for it and consequences for her behaviour.

But so far so good, I'm looking forward to the next updates. As my only option (for now) to support you, Vanderer, I started to spread the word on some discord servers, where I'm on good terms with the owners. I hope it brings you ultimately more financial supporters.
As for Estrid, a little spoiler image from the next update:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
;)

And yes, word of mouth is always good thank you.

I remember that being mentioned as a possibility, not a certainty
Exactly, nobody knows. Well, except me. :)

Don't know if this been brought up in the thread or if you already planned otherwise if not here is a suggestion
Love the game keep the good work going
Look, it's not going to happen like that. It can't.

The Fiery Scion [Update 7a] [Vander]

COMPRESSED:
Thanks, I am going to update the OP.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 51 Votes