Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

The Fiery Scion [Update 20d] [Vander]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 1.46 GB

PC: -

MAC: -

PC = Windows and Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Question: does it matter WHICH "Save Here" page you save on, or will any of them do? And is having too many a problem?

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Vanderer

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
Question: does it matter WHICH "Save Here" page you save on, or will any of them do? And is having too many a problem?
Any will do. Extras are of no benefit.

Vanderer, you can trigger the save screen & even an autosave. Shamelessly copied from ToaM & adapted to the final label:
Python:
label end_of_update20:
    scene black with fade
    centered "{size=+30} You will be prompted to save your game after this screen! IT IS THE END OF PART 2!!!"
    $ renpy.run([ShowMenu("save"), With(dissolve)])
    $ renpy.force_autosave(take_screenshot = True)
    centered "{size=+30} SAVE HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY! VERY IMPORTANT!"
    centered "{size=+30} LAST WARNING! SAVE HERE! VERY IMPORTANT!"

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Yeah, this should be "She's" or "She is."
"They," is correct here. Athagan is talking about where the demon sent the men they kidnapped, so "They sent the men..." is actually correct.
Technically, either way of saying it works.
"Your" is correct, good catch.
"I'm definitely," is correct as well, so another good catch.
Not sure why it would say "Thoughts?" "That woman!" is a statement of exasperation (though not always negative, it is often playful). For example, it could be extended into something like, "That woman! Always tempting me!" or the like.
Just some notes about the typos you found.

RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
Great to see the new action-packed v0.20D... but even on this D revision, at the beginning and past, there are some grammar/spelling & naming mistakes:
  • 'First, we go see the bailiff. She obviously up to something.' should be "She is obviously up to something." (or "she's").
  • Similarly, 'The bailiff of the district receives the populace grievances there.' should probably be "The bailiff of the district receives the populace's grievances there".
  • 'Lietnant, come to the market.' should be 'Lieutenant, come to the market.'.
  • 'Holly shit!' should be 'Holy shit!'.
  • A detail is only illiterate American Christianity capitalizes pronouns for gods (like you once do with 'His', etc.) which is incorrect due to not being names... Bibles published in British Isles with proper/standard English don't do this... though the style became almost commonplace in USA, and it's a fantasy story (fantasy languages may have their own conventions) so maybe few will complain about that style.
  • In necromancer fight, Sariel says 'catch' but the view is Sarah.
  • Boys (like MC's tiger) and unmarried youths/men to some age (or in some social circles all unmarried life) are called 'master' (equivalent of 'miss') before later possibly becoming 'mister', which could improve 'Mister <tiger>, I must congratulate you on a splendid sneak attack!'... would certainly fit Mediaeval-type setting, but might depend on style you want to use.
  • 'Black Hand who helped demons practice dark rituals, and sent my citizen to be used as puppets by a necromancer' should presumably be 'Black Hand who helped demons practice dark rituals, and sent my citizens to be used as puppets by a necromancer.'.
  • Sariel said 'Cintra has 8 thousand or so' which is informal but in formal writing one writes out most/all numbers--'eight-thousand'--which I don't know which style you prefer, so depends... I think in formal literature, they're always written out, but in technical writing, one only writes out zero to nine and use numbers for 10+, but it probably should be either 'eight-thousand' or '8,000'.
  • 'Mistress, the dinner will be ready in 15 minutes' should be 'Mistress, the dinner will be ready in 15 minutes.'.
  • Characters said 'definitively' a couple places which is fine, but I think in the second "And you know, I definitively going to come back from time to time" would be best as "And you know, I am definitely going to come back from time to time." (definitely should be 'I am' or or "I'm").

If I see anything else, I'll try to come back to this post and add details in it. Update: I got to the end now, but maybe forgot some things from earlier updates (will review later).

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just some notes about the typos you found.
The only one I completely disagree with you is that "let you" and "is letting you" are the same. The first (original) is past tense, talking about something that has happened and is over; the second is happening or about to happen, which is the context the statement is being used.
The last one I agree with you about the intended tone of the statement, but unless I'm remembering the context wrong, it didn't seem like something he would say out loud based on how he's talked in those circumstances in the past, but that's just interpretation on my part, thus the question on that and others.
(The first one you disagreed with me on I misinterpreted who was being talked about)

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Great update, if not bit gory, though not that it bothers me too much. Bloody demons, making Maria cry, they deserve to be slain in the most painful way.

bobdango

Dec 25, 2020
I am getting an error trying to load an old save from Jan 2023.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 498, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2165, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3197, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 793, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1426, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1426, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1174, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1095, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 395, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 498, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 829, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 1130, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 925, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 843, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.0.24012702
The Fiery Scion Part1_V2
Wed Aug 21 19:48:30 2024

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
The only one I completely disagree with you is that "let you" and "is letting you" are the same. The first (original) is past tense, talking about something that has happened and is over; the second is happening or about to happen, which is the context the statement is being used.
ESL? What you said is technically correct but "let you" would be a completely normal expression for a native English speaker in that context. Casual expressions even if formally incorrect are entirely appropriate in literature when writing dialogue, since that properly reflects how people actually talk.

Reactions: Vanderer

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017

Thanks a lot, corrected everything.

As for which "SAVE HERE" screen, no it doesn't matter as long as it's saved on one of them.

4.40 star(s) 53 Votes