Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I am getting an error trying to load an old save from Jan 2023.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 498, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2165, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3197, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 793, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1426, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1426, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1174, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1095, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 395, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 498, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 829, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 1130, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 925, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "D:\Visual Novels\TFS-Part1_V2-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 843, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.0.24012702
The Fiery Scion Part1_V2
Wed Aug 21 19:48:30 2024
Yeah, I had problems with saves at that point. Did you try an autosave?

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Great to see the new action-packed v0.20D... but even on this D revision, at the beginning and past, there are some grammar/spelling & naming mistakes:

• 'First, we go see the bailiff. She obviously up to something.' should be "She is obviously up to something." (or "she's").
  • Similarly, 'The bailiff of the district receives the populace grievances there.' should probably be "The bailiff of the district receives the populace's grievances there".
  • 'Lietnant, come to the market.' should be 'Lieutenant, come to the market.'.
  • 'Holly shit!' should be 'Holy shit!'.
  • A detail is only illiterate American Christianity capitalizes pronouns for gods (like you once do with 'His', etc.) which is incorrect due to not being names... Bibles published in British Isles with proper/standard English don't do this... though the style became almost commonplace in USA, and it's a fantasy story (fantasy languages may have their own conventions) so maybe few will complain about that style.
  • In necromancer fight, Sariel says 'catch' but the view is Sarah.
  • Boys (like MC's tiger) and unmarried youths/men to some age (or in some social circles all unmarried life) are called 'master' (equivalent of 'miss') before later possibly becoming 'mister', which could improve 'Mister <tiger>, I must congratulate you on a splendid sneak attack!'... would certainly fit Mediaeval-type setting, but might depend on style you want to use.
  • 'Black Hand who helped demons practice dark rituals, and sent my citizen to be used as puppets by a necromancer' should presumably be 'Black Hand who helped demons practice dark rituals, and sent my citizens to be used as puppets by a necromancer.'.
  • Sariel said 'Cintra has 8 thousand or so' which is informal but in formal writing one writes out most/all numbers--'eight-thousand'--which I don't know which style you prefer, so depends... I think in formal literature, they're always written out, but in technical writing, one only writes out zero to nine and use numbers for 10+, but it probably should be either 'eight-thousand' or '8,000'.
  • 'Mistress, the dinner will be ready in 15 minutes' should be 'Mistress, the dinner will be ready in 15 minutes.'.
  • Characters said 'definitively' a couple places which is fine, but I think in the second "And you know, I definitively going to come back from time to time" would be best as "And you know, I am definitely going to come back from time to time." (definitely should be 'I am' or or "I'm").

If I see anything else, I'll try to come back to this post and add details in it. Update: I got to the end now, but maybe forgot some things from earlier updates (will review later).
Corrected too, thanks. Gonna push a new minor update later today.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I still say that the lady noble in the city is in cahoots with the black hand and demons. She is way to smug and demanding and had to know what was going on. Even though she was the one that 'discovered' the demons. What a good way to throw people off her track.

SilentType

Sep 8, 2023
part 1 compressed? I searched the entire thread and there's no solid info on it anywhere. People just say search for the version of part 1. No one says what version that fucking is lmao

The compressed version should be in the OP

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
Thanks for update 20d, It was very nice, lots of action, girls, story. One of the best games going atm. I have read some comments that don't like the game for various reasons, and that is fine.

But the developer has made a good game, and updates regularly, has created a world that is interesting, and gives a good reason to have a very large Harem, and so far the dev is doing a pretty good job giving some time to most of the girls.

Some girls will slip through the cracks and not get much time I am sure, but that is the world they are in. Once they have a baby they will be happy.

Anywho....

nice update.
peace.

Reactions: Roccadorso

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Yep, most of the Royal Guard is male. Totally different model than the MC, though.
i'm guessing the biological difference between male's and female's stands true in the AVN as well?
that's actually pretty smart on the demons end.

it makes it harder for humans to field a high strength army etc. aside from all the more common shown issue's with the curse

Reactions: Vanderer
4.40 star(s) 53 Votes