RPGM The Forgotten Island [v0.4.24.79] [Fox Tail Tale Studio]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

ECCwnere

Dec 8, 2021
Completed the demo. Was solid. Sad the crab fight had no rewards. Also not sure how to get the materials for farming consistently but good start.

Reactions: stealx1
Nov 13, 2017
Just tried this game and I was hooked! I liked that the material gathering has a lot of options open for future use. Hopefully, we can brew our own potions in the future and maybe the MC can find secret recipes or so that hide additional content!

I especially appreciate that you tried to give the android build a different control layout instead of just the standard D-pad and Z + X, but maybe you can change the fixed dpad for a "free floating" dpad, because the center is so small, and you can't start walking in a direction right away by touching the direction directly, it's difficult to start moving sometimes. Just a minor gripe i have with the controls.

One last question, if i uninstall the android app, will the saves be retained or will it be removed like a lot of other android ports? If i have to back up my saves manually, can i know where it is stored?

DeiWyn

May 7, 2022
So far, there is not much content. Combat is basic RPG stuff but seems nicely difficult. The biggest complaint about battles is that enemy encounters are not randomized, meaning that one encounter will always have the same set of enemies. Minor issue though.

Regarding resource gathering, I loved collecting seaweed and other materials which were not marked in any special way which I felt was pretty immersive. However, a great many resources are marked by the classic shiny sprite.

The characters are great since they have witty dialogue and healthy amounts of banter. It is a sizable shame that the nice dialogue is locked behind day progression. Sure, you will bond with the only viable girl at the moment in maybe four days or so, but it feels extra long when it consists of talking to her, then going to bed to skip to the next day, and repeating until she offers you intercourse. This cheapens how great the dialogue is.

Overall, definitely should give this game a try since while it is largely in construction with a good amount of glitches, it got great potential. Just please save very often. You can make wrong choices in dialogue and other story stuff or come across some glitch.
I have lost a good chunk of time from not saving very often.

Kmon13

Jan 31, 2018
Okay, the game is good so far but I'm stuck at a gate with a riddle I'll admit to having a problem with solving.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, I need to backtrack on the errand the fox alchemist sent me on.

Also, I noticed saving often is a good idea due to it glitching/ freezing up at certain points.

Last edited:

Thomas Ward

Game Developer
Oct 13, 2019
anoniro In addition to what freshi85 said, you can also get limonite ore from the swamp and use it to craft what you need.
freshi85 thanks!
Darkalister like to hear that!
ECCwnere thanks for playing! The Crabbler's King is a serious guy and we want to give him a serious reward in the future. The materials for the farm are just knocked off the enemies for now, but we'll be adding more ways to get them in the future. And for rare seeds, you'll have to go through a tough challenges.
Davenzoid
Thank you for your kind words! Tell me, when you played on your phone, did you have any performance problems? We tried to optimize some moments, but unfortunately we have too few physical devices for a good test.
As for the control scheme, we will see what we can do. Maybe offer to change the scheme through the settings.
Unfortunately now deleting the game will also lead to deletion of safes. We will look for options on how to store them separately from the apk so you can safely remove the game and not be afraid of losing your saves.
Denchik12312 thank you!
DeiWyn thanks for your feedback! Please tell me which version of the game you played and what bugs did you encounter? We've done a great job of cleaning up all the bugs. In the last update we fixed all known bugs
Kmon13 the riddle has two solutions, mathematical through proportions (it's actually quite difficult) and to go and listen to the birds. But agree, what a nice feeling it is when you've finally managed to solve the riddle!
Too bad you encountered bugs. Can you tell me which version you played and what the bugs were?

ROFLCOPTERPIE202 To you and anyone else who's interested in following the game

We recently released a little update where Eirik was able to talk to Fagop and got into a pretty racy situation with Mary...
Mary
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We are now working on the next update, which will have quite a lot of erotic content and a number of new characters. The update is about 75% ready.

It turns out that making games is really hard. But we love what we're doing and we're damn pleased to hear your words of support!

Jip

Dec 15, 2017
Not sure if it's been brought up, but I played it recently and when I got to placing furniture, the sturdy table(i think that's what it's called)wasn't able to "locate". An error message popped up saying so and crashed. Aside from that, I absolutely love this game and can't wait to see it continue!

Thomas Ward

Game Developer
Oct 13, 2019
Jip hello!
What version of the build have you played? (You can find the version in the bottom right corner, in the start menu)
Thanks! We are working and we are not going to stop!

Jip

Dec 15, 2017
Jip hello!
What version of the build have you played? (You can find the version in the bottom right corner, in the start menu)
Thanks! We are working and we are not going to stop!
I don't remember, but I do know it was an older version now. I missed an update or two lol its been sitting in my queu for a while

Thomas Ward

Game Developer
Oct 13, 2019
Okay ;)
We have made significant progress in finding and fixing bugs. We are preparing for the release of episode 4, there we have worked on the optimization as well.
I can't give you an exact timeline yet, most of the code is ready, we're finalizing the artwork for the adult scenes.

Reactions: Grimmiger and Jip

Thomas Ward

Game Developer
Oct 13, 2019
Believe me, we've been looking forward to this as much as you have!

The next episode is here!

You'll meet new characters and a huge number of fixes.

Added
  • Added a new location "Human Settlement".
  • New and very hot character doctor Astrid. You will have to try hard to prove to her that you are not crazy.
  • Reworked the "Search for Hannah" storyline, made Hannah more interesting for the player and organically integrated the bridge repair into the final quest.
  • Added a global map.
  • Improved controls on mobile devices.
  • As well as a large number of small additions and changes.

Fixed
  • Fixed the situation with incorrect WASD behaviour when arranging furniture in the house.
  • Fixed bugs causing an error when entering specific locations
  • Fixed bugs in cutscenes.
  • Fixed a bug with incorrect display of the riddle on the Merigold door.
  • Fixed a bug with incorrect time progression in some locations.
  • Fixed bugs with incorrect dialogue display.
  • And just a huge number of small fixes.

Instructions for those who are transferring saves from older versions

Go to the meadow to the Simen.

DOWNLOAD
Win
: - WORKUPLOAD -
Android: - WORKUPLOAD -

We are working on the next update right now, we really need feedback, tell us what you like and what you don't like?

It will help us to get better.

Thomas Ward

Game Developer
Oct 13, 2019
looks good, how much hours to play there for now?
Thank you!
If you've only played the public version before and are about to play the public version now, it's somewhere around 30-40 minutes of gameplay(depends on your play style), mostly centred around your relationship with Astrid.

If you're going to play the Patreon build, it adds about another hour or so of gameplay on the swamps.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes