10 original renders
1 original animation
6 games discussed
1 awesome artist discussed

A special little holiday video

Game Improvements -
Chapter subtitles
Popup save reminder at end of current version
Ability to name saves (Page name moved to the right to avoid overlap)
A few typos fixed
A couple flag issues fixed

Known issues to be fixed after New Years -
1 missing animation during Lucy's shower has been replaced with a still image (ch4) - Fixed
Adjust speed for 3 animations - Fixed
I need to fix that stupid Twitter logo - It can wait
1 missing images - Fixed

The Fosters - Chapter 4b:
PC -
Mac -
Android -

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I made a small patch to Lord Ashram's v0.04 walkthrough mod to accommodate the changes made in v0.04b. Just install his mod found on https://f95zone.to/threads/the-fosters-v0-03-_13_.87025/post-7122749 into the latest version of the game and then extract the files in my patch over them. (I'd also recommend his Image Fix Pack mod, which replaces several of the darker images in the game with brighter, smaller [filesize-wise] versions. That mod shouldn't need a patch.)

My patch also fixes a few typos from Chapter 4 that weren't fixed in the 0.04b update:
nevermind -> never mind
busrts -> bursts

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
There will be a 0.04c... later in the week. I forgot to fix one critical error. Lord Ashram 's mod fixes it, but I need to get a clean version with the fix out there.

huss22

Apr 29, 2018
Hey _13_ It's always a good idea to enable renaming the bully character. It'd create versatility for such games as yours,

One would name bully as himself while enjoying netori whilst actually playing netorare route.

I always had this thought for Big brother series, since i don't really like teenish MC's whilst i like the rest of the game.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Hey _13_ It's always a good idea to enable renaming the bully character. It'd create versatility for such games as yours
All I ever used the naming feature for in games is when I want to make dialogues funnier so i put something like "cuck" as the mc name and everyone calls him cuck.
Just self insert as the other dude like most people do, relying on names seems so silly.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey _13_ It's always a good idea to enable renaming the bully character. It'd create versatility for such games as yours,

One would name bully as himself while enjoying netori whilst actually playing netorare route.

I always had this thought for Big brother series, since i don't really like teenish MC's whilst i like the rest of the game.
All I ever used the naming feature for in games is when I want to make dialogues funnier so i put something like "cuck" as the mc name and everyone calls him cuck.
Just self insert as the other dude like most people do, relying on names seems so silly.
Personally, I always found the renaming of characters an unnecessary feature. Since I personally don't care what anyone is called, I just go with the default name anyway. If there's no default name, I have to then think of one to use. (I don't use my own for any character because it's a story, not my own life.) Either way, it's an unnecessary extra that I never found added any value. I don't actually care really either way, but it's not like when reading a novel or play or something I scratch out all of the names of the protagonist or of villains or whatever and write different names to replace them. [shrug]

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Personally, I always found the renaming of characters an unnecessary feature. Since I personally don't care what anyone is called, I just go with the default name anyway. If there's no default name, I have to then think of one to use. (I don't use my own for any character because it's a story, not my own life.) Either way, it's an unnecessary extra that I never found added any value. I don't actually care really either way, but it's not like when reading a novel or play or something I scratch out all of the names of the protagonist or of villains or whatever and write different names to replace them. [shrug]
Well, as someone named Sauron, I must say that renaming the Dark Lord of Middle Earth to 'Chad' definitely improved my reading of Tolkien's works.

However, renaming the protagonist Sauron Baggins didn't really help me self-insert into the story. So your point remains well taken.

Last edited:
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
This is how I feel, as well. I know some players like to change the name of the MC, so I'll always have that, but I'll also always have a default (canon) name.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

Reactions: thon 67

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I just spent a good deal of time modding another game that I'm still not done but I'll get around to updating my mod for this game a bit later after I let my brain rest for a while; it'll be tomorrow at the latest when it gets updated.

markdx4

Apr 3, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch4.rpy", line 597, in script
    if linda_grope3 == True:
  File "game/ch4.rpy", line 597, in <module>
    if linda_grope3 == True:
NameError: name 'linda_grope3' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ch4.rpy", line 597, in script
    if linda_grope3 == True:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/ch4.rpy", line 597, in <module>
    if linda_grope3 == True:
NameError: name 'linda_grope3' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
The Fosters 0.04b
Tue Jan  4 00:05:38 2022

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
The Fosters [v0.04c] [_13_] crunched
Edit (2022-01-13): Updated from v0.04b to v0.04c

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,52 GB / 220 MB - TheFosters-0.04c-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,49 GB / 186 MB - TheFosters-0.04c-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

TarusSilver

May 6, 2021
Walkthrough / Cheat Mods / Images Fixes (Chap. 4a)

So I decided to give this game my Walkthrough, Cheat Mods and Images Fixes treatment starting with Chap. 3.
It is originally based of the work done by Techstar and his Walkthrough mod for Chap. 3 that lists the Alpha and Beta Points in the Option Choices but mine now goes a lot further in context for the Option Choices that need it. Starting with Chap. 4 onward will be just my work. I've also given it my special treatment with my Cheat Mod work (see my changelog) and I fixed the exposure on some of the images that were too dark/under exposed to bring out some detail for those of us not using 1000+ nit monitors.

Installation:
Download the mod (and Image Fix Pack if you wish) version to the version of the game you are playing.
Decompress in the same folder as TheFosters.exe.

There are 2 files, One is the Fixed Images and the Second is the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod.
Link Folder:
Mega

View attachment 1563212 View attachment 1563213 View attachment 1563214 View attachment 1563215 View attachment 1563216
download does not work

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes