_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
There have been many of you talking about how the MC is just becoming version of Big John. I have to point out, that's only the case if you play it that way. Even though the MC had to agree to, at least, some of BJ's conditions, it depends on you whether he follows through with them. Remember, his primary goals were to get BJ out of the house and get his mother clean. If you countered BJ's deal, those goals are in motion. Even going with BJ's deal is an improvement over the situation at the start of the game.

However, if you're moving ahead with sexing up everyone you can get your hands on, did you actually realize that you are definitely following in BJ's footsteps?

Prologue:
0-08.png
Chapter 3:
3-456.png

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Something I've been thinking about for a while is introducing a "new" game on Patreon to give fans a different way to support The Fosters. So, if you prefer Patreon to SubscribeStar, you can now support me at . However, if you want continued updates and links for The Fosters, as well as Fosters renders, you'll have to be a part of the Discord server. No Fosters content will be shared on Patreon. So, go check out "The Hostel," a completely different game, which will be very slowly updated alongside The Fosters.
Well played. I'm already a supporter on Subscribestar, but I know that's not an option for many players.

Reactions: DoofusMan

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Thank you, I appreciate hearing that.

I feel like there are some scenes very few people will see. Like the Love path shower with Lucy. It's only a little difference, but I feel like it softens the tone of her exit.
Yes I don't think we'll see too many people talking about it haha. But I totally agree on the change and the effect. It does feel different. A less anxiety inducing atmosphere and she seems less affected by it and less in a disappointment state and/or felt used/uncared for state. Good job really. The writing alone is really good. Honestly hype for the rest! :3

But take your time of course <3. Rushing is never a good idea. ^^

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
There have been many of you talking about how the MC is just becoming version of Big John. I have to point out, that's only the case if you play it that way. Even though the MC had to agree to, at least, some of BJ's conditions, it depends on you whether he follows through with them. Remember, his primary goals were to get BJ out of the house and get his mother clean. If you countered BJ's deal, those goals are in motion. Even going with BJ's deal is an improvement over the situation at the start of the game.

However, if you're moving ahead with sexing up everyone you can get your hands on, did you actually realize that you are definitely following in BJ's footsteps?

Prologue:
View attachment 1470236
Chapter 3:
View attachment 1470238
Yup, since I took the time to do all the paths I clearly saw the various outcome and they different meaning. It's really great. Haven't realized the comparison between those two scenes haha, that's great stuff. But yeah, even some small lines/thoughts change when you are just selfish and a womanizer (like being annoyed by Emma(?) discussion about their relationship instead of being empathetic or nervous) and same if you are going 100% beta or in the middle or sometimes when middle leaning X or Y even. Anyways, that's the kind of stuff that makes you stand out! Good job! :)

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Man I hope one day I get the motivation to do my own game. Could give me something productive to focus on while going through my depression. Thing is I'm scared it'll end up like when I started streaming. Everything was amazing and almost got to affiliate and suddenly many of my issues got more out of control and I got exhausted and anxious and never went back yet. So, point being, I don't want the same thing to happen with making a game man.

Well shit, that just came out like that huh? :I

Reactions: Dragon59

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Man I hope one day I get the motivation to do my own game. Could give me something productive to focus on while going through my depression. Thing is I'm scared it'll end up like when I started streaming. Everything was amazing and almost got to affiliate and suddenly many of my issues got more out of control and I got exhausted and anxious and never went back yet. So, point being, I don't want the same thing to happen with making a game man.

You ever been in one of those game threads where people are complaining about how long it takes for an update and then someone else says, "Why don't you make your own game?" I never complained about how long updates took, but the response made me wonder how hard it really is.

So, I downloaded Ren'Py (it's free) and did the tutorial. Well, the basics are pretty easy and as I have found out, it's easy to find out how to do the hard things... or at least there are plenty of people around willing to help out.

Then, I downloaded Daz3D (it's free) and did the tutorials. It's not as easy as Ren'Py, but it is easy to make some decent renders, if you have the hardware for it. I had a bit of a saga before I started making my own images in Daz, but I'm glad I am. Again, there are plenty of people around willing to help with the advanced techniques.

If you have a story and some kid of artistic ability, you should give it a shot. You might just have the next great game in your head. Sure, it takes a lot of work. It'll take up most of your free time, but if you love your story you won't mind that much.

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
You ever been in one of those game threads where people are complaining about how long it takes for an update and then someone else says, "Why don't you make your own game?" I never complained about how long updates took, but the response made me wonder how hard it really is.

So, I downloaded Ren'Py (it's free) and did the tutorial. Well, the basics are pretty easy and as I have found out, it's easy to find out how to do the hard things... or at least there are plenty of people around willing to help out.

Then, I downloaded Daz3D (it's free) and did the tutorials. It's not as easy as Ren'Py, but it is easy to make some decent renders, if you have the hardware for it. I had a bit of a saga before I started making my own images in Daz, but I'm glad I am. Again, there are plenty of people around willing to help with the advanced techniques.

If you have a story and some kid of artistic ability, you should give it a shot. You might just have the next great game in your head. Sure, it takes a lot of work. It'll take up most of your free time, but if you love your story you won't mind that much.
Yeah people complaining about updates really disappointing tbh. And that's without the fact that the majority of them never spent a single cent in donations on any game lol.

And yeah that's impression I had that the experience would be. I looked up Ren'py and took a small quick look at the tutorials and it really doesn't seem all that bad. Then I thought about Daz3D but I'm more of an HS guy. And looking all that stuff and then putting the hours in while in my situation (a very bad one mentally) just automatically seems daunting and gives me anxiety. I mean...shit, even thinking about taking the time and energy a shower feels like a mountain get over for me these days.

But, honestly I will for sure start making a game. I mean shit I remember starting to make a cringey yet detailed AF "choose your own adventure" book through google docs and folders and sub folders because I suddenly had the urge to do that in the middle of the night while I had to work the next morning. Because of a girl I cared way too much about back then lol. But yeah, that's my kind of issue. ADHD + OCD is such a bad mix man.

But listen, I will tell you that, you're among the people that inspire me and slowly but surely pushes me toward a path where I'll probably make my own VN one of these days. Also major respect for taking the time to have a discussion with me just like that. You're truly going above and beyond as a dev and really do seem to genuinely care about your following. I can count on one hand the number of dev I've seen so far that have that amount of passion and dedication. You guys are the kind of people out here that makes me really enjoy this community.

The power of the horny man...the things it does :p

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Just did my first play through... it's a very interesting game. Darker than other games I've played, but definitely enjoyable. I haven't read the thread (except for the last couple of posts before I wrote this) because ever since the main spoiler in Acting Lessons was ruined, I stopped reading threads before I played.

I really like the girls. They are well written. One of the things I was thinking as I played was the MC should talk to Julia because of all the her tech savvy, but then she already knew about it all anyways! And did nothing! Did she tell any of the girls? If she did, I would assume they all would know. If she hasn't, she's just as complicit as BJ and now the MC.

I'll definitely have to go through and try some other choices. I didn't have an option when it came to BJ, so my points, weren't high enough, I am assuming. I want to see what that is like. I am also really interested in finding out what happened to Bella. That short scene really made me feel for her and I have the suspicion that she is probably dead. However, if you haven't written that yet... a happy reunion with her would be awesome (maybe she was blackmailed into keeping her mouth shut?)

Anyways, great game. I've been watching videos on doing a game, currently have 4 different ideas, that I'm slowly fleshing out and I've done .... 4 renders total. lol Need to put some serious time into Daz at some point. Maybe sometime after the new year (looking to get a new computer) I'll put some hard core time into making a game. =)

Reactions: DoofusMan and _13_

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

My biggest problem is that it is so very tempting to spend too much time shopping for new assets.

• Haha
Reactions: DoofusMan

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
My biggest problem is that it is so very tempting to spend too much time shopping for new assets.
Oh yeah, true that's a thing haha. Yeah I really can easily imagine that lmao. The amounts of assets that must exist by now holy crap.
Yeah, there are tons of Daz assets. There are hundreds (thousands?) of female models and lingerie sets. There are a good amount of "sexy" poses and outfits for women. The trouble comes when you want some everyday item, like a key, or you need a realistic haircut for men.

My advice is to get every female model that looks attractive to you, because you can mix them together to make unique characters. The other stuff you pick up when you see it, so you don't forget about it. There are several good pirate asset sites, including F95. I try to look at the Asset Releases forum every few days to see what's new and it's the first place I look for specific things, when I need something for the script.

If you have trouble finding something specific, there are groups here and on Discord where you can ask other artists if they know of a good one. Remember, there are always plenty of helpful devs and artists willing to help.

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Yeah, there are tons of Daz assets. There are hundreds (thousands?) of female models and lingerie sets. There are a good amount of "sexy" poses and outfits for women. The trouble comes when you want some everyday item, like a key, or you need a realistic haircut for men.

My advice is to get every female model that looks attractive to you, because you can mix them together to make unique characters. The other stuff you pick up when you see it, so you don't forget about it. There are several good pirate asset sites, including F95. I try to look at the Asset Releases forum every few days to see what's new and it's the first place I look for specific things, when I need something for the script.

If you have trouble finding something specific, there are groups here and on Discord where you can ask other artists if they know of a good one. Remember, there are always plenty of helpful devs and artists willing to help.
Bookmarked this post, thanks a lot! If ever I try myself at it this will be very valuable info! ^^

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
If you aren't on my Discord server, I had some computer issues which severely hampered my production for a while. I just released the fist alpha of chapter 4 to my Blackest Black tier of supporters, though, and still intend to have chapter 4 finished before Christmas. :fingerscrossed:

orcrist57

Oct 4, 2021
If you aren't on my Discord server, I had some computer issues which severely hampered my production for a while. I just released the fist alpha of chapter 4 to my Blackest Black tier of supporters, though, and still intend to have chapter 4 finished before Christmas. :fingerscrossed:

Take your time. I appreciate the update

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Cheat Mods / Images Fixes (Chap. 7 Final v2)

This is a completely re-worked Cheat Mod based on the work I did with 13 in the changes made to Chap 5.
This is now just a Cheat Mod as I have made a re-worked In-Game (Optional) Walkthrough for the official release of the game.
Also the Spanish to English translations are now a part of the official In-Game Walkthrough.
You must Start A New Game and Reset your Profile if you coming from a save before Chap 5.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
Download the mod (and Image Fix Pack if you wish) version to the version of the game you are playing.
Decompress in the same folder as TheFosters.exe.

There are 2 types of files, One is the Fixed Images and the Second is the Cheat Mod (cm).
Link Folder:

tf1.jpg tf2.jpg tf3.jpg tf4.jpg tf5.jpg

Last edited:

jjjjj1076701

Sep 20, 2020
This is better than what I was expecting, granted I am a little concerned that the idea of vomit in this game is entire uncut, undamaged, and unchewed pizzas lol, better than seeing actual vomit though. But jokes aside, this is a great game, I look forward to seeing how this progresses

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes