_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
The game looked interesting and it was,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good luck to the dev, but I am the stubborn type and that son of a bitch would wake up choking on his own severed cock first.
I understand, but you might want to continue. Chapter 4 is when you really make the decision about what to do. That first deal was more about getting Big John to leave everyone (mostly your mother) alone and stop supplying your mother with drugs. Whether you intend to keep up your side of that deal is up to you.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
I understand, but you might want to continue. Chapter 4 is when you really make the decision about what to do. That first deal was more about getting Big John to leave everyone (mostly your mother) alone and stop supplying your mother with drugs. Whether you intend to keep up your side of that deal is up to you.
Good to know. That deal pissed off me too

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
How many alpha points are too much so you do not get a choice regarding john in this update, and what is recommended going all out alpha, beta or can you mix it up.

Anthony222

Jan 18, 2020
How do I get to the point where you can bang the mom in her sleep, how many points is needed to get that choice

farwar

May 29, 2020
I thought you need alpha points to be Alpha and get rid of "dad and uncle", but apparently the more you Alpha the more you want to work for them ???
i guess i will wait for Walkthrough Mod to understand what is going on...

Mikilande

May 21, 2018
Walkthrough / Cheat Mods / Images Fixes (Chap. 3)

So I decided to give this game my Walkthrough, Cheat Mods and Images Fixes treatment starting with Chap. 3.
It is originally based of the work done by Techstar and his Walkthrough mod for Chap. 3 that lists the Alpha and Beta Points in the Option Choices but mine now goes a lot further in context for the Option Choices that need it. Starting with Chap. 4 onward will be just my work. I've also given it my special treatment with my Cheat Mod work (see my changelog) and I fixed the exposure on some of the images that were too dark/under exposed to bring out some detail for those of us not using 1000+ nit monitors.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
Decompress in the same folder as TheFosters.exe.

There are 2 files, One is the Fixed Images and the Second is the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod.
Link Folder:
Mega

View attachment 1542298 View attachment 1542299 View attachment 1542300 View attachment 1542301 View attachment 1542302 View attachment 1542303
Please, can you update to : The Fosters - version 0.04

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I tried, but I found myself just clicking through the text without reading it, which I do not like to do.
It's game over for me.

absalon1977

Jun 5, 2018
I thought you need alpha points to be Alpha and get rid of "dad and uncle", but apparently the more you Alpha the more you want to work for them ???
I would have prefered also too have a choice there the developer have explained a little about this, alpha/beta scale in this game is not not how you would except, its how this mc looks at it and for him john is an alpha so the more alpha you are the more you are like john, beta on the other hand is all about protecting the family he will still get his harem its more like a alpha=lust route beta=love route i tried full beta yesterday and indeed you get 2 different choices with john in the new update, now i am pretty sure i prefer the beta route i want too protect and love the girls. I only have one question now for the developer thats if there is any point in mixing points and when do you reach too many alpha points.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

farwar

May 29, 2020
also, v0.04 = chapter 4 ? there should be 8 animations ? I'am not sure if i've seen all of them, crying scene and mom v/a scene.
Does this update ends with planing to date someone in next update ?

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
How did you not notice that most of the options that gave you alpha points are actually just douche bag and manipulative, selfish actions? The MC's thoughts get more and more corrupted the more alpha points you have too...Like he straight up says to himself that he doesnt care about the girls and is just pretending cuz he wants to get in their pants. Clearly something has gone wrong there. If you have enough beta points he will instead say he really cares about them and wants to protect everybody.

Yes the dialogues and motivations of the MC's change drastically depending on the balance of points you have throughout the game. I was only playing to see the all the different scenes but then It hit me like a stone wall when I read that line of dialogue, so a back tracked to see if it would be different if I tried to balance the points instead and it was.
Also this was outlined in the OP in spoiler. Its the mc's warped view of what alpha/beta characteristics are.
Also that gorrilla is not your dad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: _13_

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
*Should I really be helping Big John, or should I get rid of him for good?*

And then you get only the option to work with him? wtf?
Sounds like you only made douvhe bag options. I didnt even get that choice in my playthrough. And that was before I went back to rebalance my points.
Theres 3 possible options you can get.
1 burn the op and kill the website. go to the police.(High beta points)
2 play the long game get everybody onboard and work together to deal with BJ and uncle.(nuetral)
3....Join him.(High alpha point. If you only had this option then it seems like you ignored all the music shifts and internal dialog of the mc saying he just wants to fuck. my playthrough had way more alpha points than beta but I still got the neutral option)

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
also, v0.04 = chapter 4 ? there should be 8 animations ? I'am not sure if i've seen all of them, crying scene and mom v/a scene.
Does this update ends with planing to date someone in next update ?
You won't see all of them in one playthrough. Asking someone for a date is at the end of chapter 4. 2 of the animations are shower fantasies. You'd only see them if Lucy didn't shower in your room in chapter 3. It's kind of a consolation prize for those people who weren't honest with Lucy.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Like Fazed was just saying, there are 3 main paths, with variations of the three.

Beta - more beta points than alpha
Neutral - this is usually counted as more alpha than beta and <40 alpha points though some choices can allow up to 59
Alpha - this is usually >=60, though some choices may happen at 40

There are also the two flashback paths: sexual or violence. This path is decided in whether you push Lucy in chapter 1.

The other main variation is whether you told Lucy you loved her in chapter 3. Loving Lucy gives nicer interactions with her and changes the chapter 3 shower scene. It also restricts some options. For example, in the chapter 4 shower scene, there are 5 options for finishing. If you love Lucy, only 1 option is available to you, because you love her.

There is also a chapter 4 choice which will give you the alpha or beta flag, or you can choose the neutral option which doesn't give either. Those flags will change some options, from now on. This is your decision on how you want to finally handle everything, regardless of the deal you made with Big John.

• Red Heart
Reactions: OzBrit and rnzn

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Sounds like you only made douvhe bag options. I didnt even get that choice in my playthrough. And that was before I went back to rebalance my points.
Theres 3 possible options you can get.
1 burn the op and kill the website. go to the police.(High beta points)
2 play the long game get everybody onboard and work together to deal with BJ and uncle.(nuetral)
3....Join him.(High alpha point. If you only had this option then it seems like you ignored all the music shifts and internal dialog of the mc saying he just wants to fuck. my playthrough had way more alpha points than beta but I still got the neutral option)
The issue is the inner dialogue doesn't reflect the choices you get. Thus some of the inner dialogue is pointless to offer up all together.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Like Fazed was just saying, there are 3 main paths, with variations of the three.

Beta - more beta points than alpha
Neutral - this is usually counted as more alpha than beta and <40 alpha points though some choices can allow up to 59
Alpha - this is usually >=60, though some choices may happen at 40

There are also the two flashback paths: sexual or violence. This path is decided in whether you push Lucy in chapter 1.

The other main variation is whether you told Lucy you loved her in chapter 3. Loving Lucy gives nicer interactions with her and changes the chapter 3 shower scene. It also restricts some options. For example, in the chapter 4 shower scene, there are 5 options for finishing. If you love Lucy, only 1 option is available to you, because you love her.

There is also a chapter 4 choice which will give you the alpha or beta flag, or you can choose the neutral option which doesn't give either. Those flags will change some options, from now on. This is your decision on how you want to finally handle everything, regardless of the deal you made with Big John.
Oh, thats quite a bit of difference...But I'm not going back to check the non-love Lucy path...She is too sweet for anything else.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
The issue is the inner dialogue doesn't reflect the choices you get. Thus some of the inner dialogue is pointless to offer up all together.
:unsure: Huh?...I definitely noticed dialogue changes throughout. Like one example. If you have high alpha points when you wake up Lucy with a kiss she says something about her morning breath. Mc says "well I wasn't gonna say anything but..."
But if you had higher beta points he says "Its ok Lucy nothing about you is bad" or something like that and then she calls MC "Sweety" and mc calls her "Angel".. and it shows up in later dialogue too.
That's just one example He thinks to himself from time to time it changes depending on the balance or sometimes you dont get the darker thoughts at all. It's like a hint to where the MC's mental disposition is....so I have to disagree with you, unless I am not understanding what you meant.

Another example, when you are talking to his mother about B.J., mc will say " I will decide what's best for this household" if you have higher alpha points. With higher beta points he instead says " I want to protect everyone" but is hesitant at the idea of killing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grizloy

farwar

May 29, 2020
How did you not notice that most of the options that gave you alpha points are actually just douche bag and manipulative, selfish actions? The MC's thoughts get more and more corrupted the more alpha points you have too...Like he straight up says to himself that he doesnt care about the girls and is just pretending cuz he wants to get in their pants. Clearly something has gone wrong there. If you have enough beta points he will instead say he really cares about them and wants to protect everybody.

Yes the dialogs and motivations of the MC's change drastically depending on the balance of points you have throughout the game. I was only playing to see the all the different scenes but then It hit me like a stone wall when I read that line of dialog, so a back tracked to see if it would be different if I tried to balance the points instead and it was.
Also this was outlined in the OP in spoiler. Its the mc's warped view of what alpha/beta characteristics are.
Also that gorrilla is not your dad.
"douche bag and manipulative" yes, but if that cop could help to get rid of those who manipulate him, why he would LIE to that cop about that ?

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes